• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Don't you think you're overstating its importance just a tad

On the East Coast? No way am I overstating it.

But the vote will be tomorrow if it happens. So Origin won't be an issue then. QT is going off at the moment.

I disagree. It won't happen tomorrow. Gillard won't wait around for her head to be put on the block. If she gets word that Rudd is orchestrating this to happen tomorrow, she'll move tonight.

elfinke

Much ado about nothing, as expected. Division was a waste of time as well (74 - 73).

Also, Paul Sheehan embodies everything that fucking sucks about political journalism in Australia right now.

Are you fucking serious? What the shit. I could understand the Saints Row one where it showed taking drugs leading to superpowers, but unless I'm vastly misunderstanding State of Decay that's not what it's would be. So pretty much we have R18 but it's jut MA

Again, not surprising in the slightest.

hamchan

And 2 years ago we were talking about politics on the same page too. Things never change.

State of Decay banned

Pretty ridiculous. Two games banned in two days.

Time to hear from that other cat, mr Choc:

Chocobo ‏@noreasonspec 10m
hey you know mario gets big when he eats a mushroom, and mushrooms are drugs TIME TO BAN MARIO

Wise words.

Don't stop with the Choc quotes, I don't get time to check Twitter enough these days :(

Are you fucking serious? What the shit. I could understand the Saints Row one where it showed taking drugs leading to superpowers, but unless I'm vastly misunderstanding State of Decay that's not what it's would be. So pretty much we have R18 but it's jut MA

The system is still run by people who don't give a shit about games. This won't stop happening, they still think R18 games are for 10 year old kids.

"Adults don't possibly play those silly video games do they?! Pass us another shandy luv."

Well... that's not completely true. Mortal Kombat passed as R but not MA.

They are so fucking up tight about drug use though. How long is it going to be before this shit changes? Jesus Christ on a bike!

elfinke

Absolute twat.

His article on the SMH today set me off. It is just the worst kind of writing, exaggerated by the elevated platform he has to spew his drivel.

The whole thing angered me, but this one sentence in particular really got to me

Almost two years ago, in August 2011, this column made a prediction: “Windsor will take the weasel option at the next federal election. He will not recontest his seat. After doing everything in his power to create the Gillard government and then sustain it in office, he will not want to face the electorate he betrayed.”

This kind of self-aggrandising is embarrassing and there should be no place for it outside of private blogs. Furthermore, he intends to speak for 'the electorate', you know, the electorate that returned Windor to the seat with a ~61% primary vote in 2010 and the electorate that he continues to poll very well in, redneck areas notwithstanding.

But that doesn't fit the larger narrative he tried to weave in that article.

I think Gillard is about to step down. Sky News are reporting a major development in the standoff they're going to report in 10 minutes. I think Gillard knows the spill is going to happen whether she likes it or not and she hasn't got the numbers.

She'll probably want to step down gracefully instead of being humiliated in defeat.

markot

Banned
Meh, its all bs.

Foxnewsification of the media in full swing. Get the clicks, dont try and be impartial, rally to your side!

markot

Banned
4290616d_HappyBirthdayBlackKid.gif

Ventron

She's using the same tactics she used at the last spill, by calling it early.

I've just heard another rumour.

Gillard says she hasn't seen the petition. So, Rudd could be a no-show for tonight's spill, but will present the petition to force another spill tomorrow when they're more ready.

Ventron

Meh, its all bs.

Foxnewsification of the media in full swing. Get the clicks, dont try and be impartial, rally to your side!

Should've waited a few minutes, mate.

People were saying the same thing about the media before the last spill was called. It's not BS, these people have connections.
Especially Graham Richardson. When he says something is happening in the Labor party, you listen.

markot

Banned
I didnt mean the spill, I mean politcal commentary in the papers in general. Saying windsor betrayed his electorate?

Rudds been playing the media since he lost office. His ego was brusied, and he wont rest till he either tears the temple down around him, or is given the throne.

Should've waited a few minutes, mate.

People were saying the same thing about the media before the last spill was called. It's not BS, these people have connections.
Especially Graham Richardson. When he says something is happening in the Labor party, you listen.

Yeah people think journos just make shit up, but the top ones (in anything politics, sport, shit video games) know people. They don't make shit up. You don't become a political editor or senior journalist by breaking one of the cardinal rules of reporting

Yeah people think journos just make shit up, but the top ones (in anything politics, sport, shit video games) know people. They don't make shit up. You don't become a political editor or senior journalist by breaking one of the cardinal rules of reporting

Even though I know no journalists, I would tend to agree. It's wishful thinking that the media makes this stuff up.

Do they exaggerate? Sometimes, though that's more likely a function of the source of the information (ie informal media briefing, leaks, etc). They also get things wrong. Have you ever read a story about something you know quite well only to spot a few errors in the text?

"Tom Baker was the Doctor from 1974-1981. Don't these people know anything?"
"The Atari 800 had two cartridge slots, dammit. Where do they get these luddites?"
"It's MISTER Spock. Doctor Spock was the guy who wrote that parenting book. Sheesh?"
"Purple and Green is in? Puh-lease!"

Even though I know no journalists, I would tend to agree. It's wishful thinking that the media makes this stuff up.

Do they exaggerate? Sometimes, though that's more likely a function of the source of the information (ie informal media briefing, leaks, etc). They also get things wrong. Have you ever read a story about something you know quite well only to spot a few errors in the text?

"Tom Baker was the Doctor from 1974-1981. Don't these people know anything?"
"The Atari 800 had two cartridge slots, dammit. Where do they get these luddites?"
"It's MISTER Spock. Doctor Spock was the guy who wrote that parenting book. Sheesh?"
"Purple and Green is in? Puh-lease!"
This happens to me every time a science or engineering story hits.

Not a lot of people my age or younger were fully aware of how the prime ministership in a Westminster system works until Gillard took the top spot last time. It made a lot of people angry to be honest, and Gillard got in with a lower share of the vote than the polls that originally scared the party into ousting him in the first place.

My ideal scenario would be for Rudd to win the top spot, have Labor surge in the polls, then scare the Libs into swapping out Abbott for Turnbull.

While I'm wishing for things, I may as well wish for an end to the endless parade of mediocrity in Australian politics.

This happens to me every time a science or engineering story hits.

Not a lot of people my age or younger were fully aware of how the prime ministership in a Westminster system works until Gillard took the top spot last time. It made a lot of people angry to be honest, and Gillard got in with a lower share of the vote than the polls that originally scared the party into ousting him in the first place.

My ideal scenario would be for Rudd to win the top spot, have Labor surge in the polls, then scare the Libs into swapping out Abbott for Turnbull.

While I'm wishing for things, I may as well wish for an end to the endless parade of mediocrity in Australian politics.

As is mine, though I think the chances of this happening is extremely low.

Rudd making his statement very soon.

As is mine, though I think the chances of this happening is extremely low.

Rudd making his statement very soon.

The swing back in favor of Labor would have to be drastic for the Libs to be scared into doing that. At best I think Rudd can get the two parties back at parity going into the election.

Top Bottom