• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Deeku

oh man, this psn ps memories sale...i think i'll getttt sotn, metal gear,...i don't remember if crash was any good:/

and they play on vita too :O

New phone today, Galaxy S3 mini (cheapest I could find that wasn't terrible, has to last until the end of the year probably). Didn't really want it, but dropping the beloved Galaxy Nexus less than a foot onto carpet in the hotel room screwed up the screen.

Had the screen replaced in Madrid less than two weeks ago as well and that wasn't cheap. Dammit. I think there was a loose connection which is why it did today. Phones can be expensive, yo.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Saw Man of Steel in 3D last night at Hotys Central in Melbourne.

I actually really really liked it. I can see where a lot of the hate comes from. But I found what Synder was aiming for to be far more interesting from a aesthetic perspective than most comic book films in the past few years, esp most marvel films *cough* even if it wasn't always successful.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh right, Google edition of the rom is out for my phone, Might get to ditch all the bloat I don't need / use for it.

Guess that's this weekends goal.

markot

Banned
giantluigi0ks0d.gif

speaking of which
what are some decent games on droid
their store is probably the worst online store for things like that
cant just stumble into a fun game
need to hear about it somewhere else and search for exactly the right thing

Looking at the list of threads on the first page of Gaming, I'm going to guess Mario & Luigi: Dream Team aka Mario & Luigi: No Lefties Allowed.

speaking of which
what are some decent games on droid
their store is probably the worst online store for things like that
cant just stumble into a fun game
need to hear about it somewhere else and search for exactly the right thing

Generally look at the Top Paid games. Wreck-it Ralph looks good, really need to give it a shot soon.

There is a GAF thread somewhere but the best advice is to start with the free versions. Sales come up all the bloody time too. Waiting for a Where's My Mickey? price drop lol

Hey bodyboader:

GZipVSz.jpg

Some people recommended a non modular PSU for this case and I can see why! It's running though.

Certainly tight. I've decided in going the cheaper route (bought a 2nd hand full size case/PSU). Was going to put the pc in the lounge but decided against it.

We had our first open home today. 22 groups went through the house, with a few more coming in a second viewing this afternoon for a few who were working today.

Having now been through both processes, selling your home is more stressful than buying a block and building.

Cant touch anything for the next three hours so just playing a bit more of (this spoiler is to do with TLOU)
The Last of Us, by Naughty Dog. only on Playstation 3. The third Place

XBL Games on Demand sale next week

Assassin’s Creed 3
BioShock Infinite
Borderlands 2
Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway
Bulletstorm
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3
Crysis
Crysis 3
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga
Dragon Age Origins
Far Cry 3
Far Cry Instincts Predator
Forza Horizon
Gears of War: Judgment
Hasbro Family Game Night 3
Hitman: Absolution
Kinect Sports 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes
Lego Lord of the Rings
Mass Effect
Max Payne 3
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
Monopoly Streets
Perfect Dark Zero
Prey
Rockstar Table Tennis
The Orange Box
Tomb Raider
The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings
WWE 13
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Hoping for some decent discounts so keep those Allards at the ready!

no
that is what is wrong with that platform
anything that isnt there is too hard to find

No more than iOS/Steam/XBLA/PSN really. The more content the more to sift through. Plenty of descriptors to narrow down results as well as websites out there that review a lot of the content worth trying.

Oh, I'm sure... but *on sale*. XBL sales are notorious for only happening everywhere but Australia :/

Nah all the ones this year have had discounts here too, the issue is that our prices on some games are already too high for it to be worthwhile. Goes both ways though, most sales there will be at least one game cheaper here than in the US. Stuff like Black Ops for 320 allards last Christmas sale.

Expect great things! Well, aside from the fact that a few are too recent to get a decent discount. :(

Gazunta

Whoa Clive, you're selling up? Where you moving to?

So I've decided* I want to buy a Microsoft Surface Pro. The YouTube videos I've seen of people drawing, editing and posting comics directly on the device is too much for me to resist. So I popped into Harvey Norman to try one out, and saw five Surfaces, three of which the wife had to reboot to get working, and none of which were identified as RT or Pro machines. Eventually a salesperson asked if they could help, and I asked if they had any Pro machines. She pointed out one neglected one in the group and so I asked where the pen was. "Oh, we took the pens away, people were stealing them"...but it's the one bit I needed to test? I need to hold that pen, and test if the screen really is pressure sensitive like my Wacom devices. "Oh, yeah, we'll, sorry *shrug*"

But hey it's the Internet's fault retail is tanking.

tl;dr can anyone here recommend a place I can try out a Surface Pro with a pen that I can then purchase one from.

* this decision will be revoked the second Apple announce an iPad that has a pressure sensitive screen.

posted from my iPad

Arnie: Match 3 (made by R1chard!), Majesty, League of Evil, Another World, Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Jetpack Joyride, 10000000, Game Dev Story, The Room, Gamebook Adventures, Punch Quest, Knights of Pen & Paper, Solipskier, Tiny Bang Story, Canabalt, Hamlet, Real Racing 3, ScummVM, Age of Zombies, Flight Control, Toki Tori.

That should do for a start! No links because I'm on mobile and thus lazier than normal.

r1chard

Heh, thanks for the plug cods. My little match 3 game (which I'd basically forgotten about until yesterday) is about to hit 1,000 active (of 2,100 total) installs. Woah. Looking at the installs over time someone must've plugged it around June 15: 300 installs in one day... no idea who it was though.

Shaneus

Back on that issue of Hyper with the Doom review and stuff, I found I did scan the cover of it too :p

tumblr_mp585uTRUm1rkrwaco1_500.png
I remember that one! Man, I loved Virtua Racing back then. So impressive for the time.

I actually remember playing a beta/pre-release version of it in a Sega-only shop they used to have in Geelong. They ROM board was stuck in the cartridge slot of (I think) an MD2 in one of those kiosk things, and from memory was gaffa or electrical taped in so it stood upright because it was so damn big. If you're wondering, picture a circuit board the size of an iPad sticking out of a MD slot.

PS. Guys, have a chuckle. You all need it:
Q0fsx1e.jpg

PPS. Is the Skitchin' poster still in there, Rlan? I remember taking mine out and having it on my wall for aaaaages. Loved that it was actually a good quality poster and not on some crappy paper.

Whoa Clive, you're selling up? Where you moving to?

So I've decided* I want to buy a Microsoft Surface Pro. The YouTube videos I've seen of people drawing, editing and posting comics directly on the device is too much for me to resist. So I popped into Harvey Norman to try one out, and saw five Surfaces, three of which the wife had to reboot to get working, and none of which were identified as RT or Pro machines. Eventually a salesperson asked if they could help, and I asked if they had any Pro machines. She pointed out one neglected one in the group and so I asked where the pen was. "Oh, we took the pens away, people were stealing them"...but it's the one bit I needed to test? I need to hold that pen, and test if the screen really is pressure sensitive like my Wacom devices. "Oh, yeah, we'll, sorry *shrug*"

But hey it's the Internet's fault retail is tanking.

tl;dr can anyone here recommend a place I can try out a Surface Pro with a pen that I can then purchase one from.

* this decision will be revoked the second Apple announce an iPad that has a pressure sensitive screen.

posted from my iPad
Hey Gaz, have you thought about something like this? (you want version 2 if you order the same model btw, apparently the first one wasn't quite as good)
HYzuXD6m.jpg

It has a plastic disc on the end so it still glides over the iPad screen, but it's capacitive and the disc you can see through so it's still essentially like using a pen. Probably not that much different to what the Surface Pro feels like (I guess). And it only cost me $30ish bucks. It has a little shock absorber thingy in it too, so pushing down on it kinda emulates the level of give when putting pen to paper.

You can get pressure-sensitive ones as well, but the apps have to support them. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for or not, but I can highly recommend them for things like hand writing and doing crappy sketches for people.

What? The last 3 big sales were all on the Australian marketplace. All the publisher ones as well. In fact I can't think of any sales that were in the US but not here, apart from the odd random game.

I remember getting tekken and street fighter for $10 each. Good times.

My gold sub has almost run out, not sure if I'll renew it or not.

Top Bottom