• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

gDIkzGL.jpg

burnsauce.gif

George Takei is the best.

I just make an audible silence where the swear would go if in that kind of situation

God ____ing damnit, etc

That sounds kind of difficult to do.

I'm prone to saying "butts" but I'm not sure how kid friendly that is considered.

They're the best and lots of fun. My gran has used "sugar" for years, typical old lady swear. So that's a start. Sugar, fudge, shove it up your jumper.

My favourite slight is to call someone a 'blot on one's escutcheon'. It's so old and wonderful.

Criminy gets a good work out. Usually when I hurt myself.

Deeku

kids are pretty smart these days. i said shit in front of a 4 year old and she came up to me all secretive and stuff and whispered "do you say shit?"...i said nope lol

Season 3 of Community down. Most uneven of the three so far but some of the more ambitious stuff they tried to pull off was pretty cool even though it didn't always hit the mark. Enjoyed it overall. So many feels from that last episode, would've made a perfect season finale.

Goth Britta > Glasses Britta > Britta > Annie

Shaneus

Goth Britta > Glasses Britta > Britta > Annie
Yes yes yes. Britta always > Annie. Good man.

PS. On the last episode of that season, a few things (from memory):
* In the credits skit with Leonard, the music playing in the background is the same song that plays in the first episode when the Dean's trying to give the speech with the mini stereo.
* Leonard also says of those chips, "they're GOOD, and they're a BUY"... as in "good-bye".
* There was something about just towards the end when Jeff is surrounded by the others with a book open (I think) that it echoed a similar scene in one of the first episodes.
Edit: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4gz3nqjwC1qjwz5yo1_500.gif
and
http://www.reddit.com/r/community/comments/u1i9b/well_i_was_thinking_about_accepting_season_4_but/

Right on the mark BoB! Remedial Chaos Theory is probably my favourite episode of Community but S3 is very uneven and also features some of the worst episodes like Contemporary Impressionists.

Okay. I have 4 trading cards for Half Life 2. How the fuck do I get the rest? It says no drops remaining. What does that mean?

* Leonard also says of those chips, "they're GOOD, and they're a BUY"... as in "good-bye".

Stuff like this is why I know Community just wasn't for me. I never connected enough with the show for this to seem cool

:(

Also yeah, Britta for me.

Shaneus

Stuff like this is why I know Community just wasn't for me. I never connected enough with the show for this to seem cool

It's best if you have a feel for what Dan Harmon is like outside of the show. Then you sort of see it as his own personal Herman's Head.

Okay. I have 4 trading cards for Half Life 2. How the fuck do I get the rest? It says no drops remaining. What does that mean?

I never noticed that before and I don't really care (no offense shaneus!)
I've definitely connected with the show but I don't think it's cool anywayy.

That was a good episode hitler mc stalin.

Indeed pol.

edit: Wait did I misread that? You're talking about Remedial Chaos Theory too right? Cause Contemporary Impressionists is terrible.

Shaneus

No-one told me about this whole Steam thing and what it's even about, let alone whether I should want to be a part of it yet or not :(

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Why are wireless networks so shit.

Phone connects but is given the default fake IP but my macbook connects with no issues. This is of couse via a Apple Airport Express / Time Capsule. Fucking conspiracy right there.

So this is why AusGAF stopped showing up on my User CP.

Man, the continual failure of the Wii U continues to bum me out. I never expected it to be the Wii 2: Electric Boogaloo in terms of sales out of the gate, not since its shockingly amateurish unveiling and the hardheaded insistence on the part of Nintendo on pointedly not fixing its major marketing issues. Then there's the utter breakdown of third party relations to contend with too, which at least on the EA thing, makes me think that there's real spite and malice at work, making the soured Origin deal rumour ring true.

I think, perhaps, when all is said and done, that the Wii U will go down as the second coming of the N64, in that the machine was born out of a partnership deal gone wrong. Nintendo clearly needed a partner in the online realm to show them how it's meant to be done, but ended up having to go it alone in the end, which hurt them in two ways, one by having a worse online system than they should have, and two, by denying them a huge chunk of third party releases.

The Wii was dead and had been for years by the time the Wii U was announced. The Wii brand name had lost its value due to neglect and its market abandoning the system. Naming the system as ambiguously as they did and not (say) Wii 2 or Wii Ultra on top of making the system almost physically identical to the old was sheer bloody-minded incompetence. Everybody saw it coming and even warned Nintendo about it, giving them a chance to fix it, but no, they knew better or had too much pride to admit to having made a mistake. They, after all, were the people that had made the Wii and DS the successes they were.

I'll still buy the thing, but it sticks in my craw that Nintendo's stubbornness, inability to negotiate a better deal, bad grace when rejecting an offer and sheer marketing incompetence makes my eventual purchase of Zelda U that much more expensive on a per game basis.

The worst part of all of this is that I freaking love Nintendo games, to the point where I have literally paid hundreds of dollars simply to be able to play some of their more obscure titles and would probably just stop playing video games all together were they to leave the market. It would be a lot easier to be an out-and-out Nintendo hating troll than a frustrated fan.

So this is why AusGAF stopped showing up on my User CP.

Man, the continual failure of the Wii U continues to bum me out. I never expected it to be the Wii 2: Electric Boogaloo in terms of sales out of the gate, not since its shockingly amateurish unveiling and the hardheaded insistence on the part of Nintendo on pointedly not fixing its major marketing issues. Then there's the utter breakdown of third party relations to contend with too, which at least on the EA thing, makes me think that there's real spite and malice at work, making the soured Origin deal rumour ring true.

I think, perhaps, when all is said and done, that the Wii U will go down as the second coming of the N64, in that the machine was born out of a partnership deal gone wrong. Nintendo clearly needed a partner in the online realm to show them how it's meant to be done, but ended up having to go it alone in the end, which hurt them in two ways, one by having a worse online system than they should have, and two, by denying them a huge chunk of third party releases.

The Wii was dead and had been for years by the time the Wii U was announced. The Wii brand name had lost its value due to neglect and its market abandoning the system. Naming the system as ambiguously as they did and not (say) Wii 2 or Wii Ultra on top of making the system almost physically identical to the old was sheer bloody-minded incompetence. Everybody saw it coming and even warned Nintendo about it, giving them a chance to fix it, but no, they knew better or had too much pride to admit to having made a mistake. They, after all, were the people that had made the Wii and DS the successes they were.

I'll still buy the thing, but it sticks in my craw that Nintendo's stubbornness, inability to negotiate a better deal, bad grace when rejecting an offer and sheer marketing incompetence makes my eventual purchase of Zelda U that much more expensive on a per game basis.

The worst part of all of this is that I freaking love Nintendo games, to the point where I have literally paid hundreds of dollars simply to be able to play some of their more obscure titles and would probably just stop playing video games all together were they to leave the market. It would be a lot easier to be an out-and-out Nintendo hating troll than a frustrated fan.
Very well said, great post.

There should be Vanellope + Sugar Rush stage as DLC in Sonic Racing Transformed. I would buy that so fast.
This makes so much sense I have no fucking idea how it wasn't even included in the game itself! Loved that world.

senahorse

Why are wireless networks so shit.

Phone connects but is given the default fake IP but my macbook connects with no issues. This is of couse via a Apple Airport Express / Time Capsule. Fucking conspiracy right there.

Apple are really bad at 'standards' based wireless. If I had a dollar for every time time apple updated some software and broke something in wireless land I would be a rich man, if it was up to me, I would ban them in the corporate space, probably a good thing it's not :)

Shaneus

There should be Vanellope + Sugar Rush stage as DLC in Sonic Racing Transformed. I would buy that so fast.
I have no idea how in the hell the ball got dropped as far as the association with Ralph goes. Beyond just having a car, there's literally nothing else.

Still, amazing game.

Me, add me on steam and I'll gift you.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/omi11
Me too maybe? I don't know how rare these invites are, so if you only have a limited number, I'm in no hurry.

I've got one if anyone needs one too. Also a Steam Community Beta access one too!

WTT: Mannequin - Portal 2 TC.

I need Intro, Finale, Lab & Chell.

Dead Man

Fuck channel 7. Fuck them in the arse with a camel hoof. Fuckers take all V8 racing, and promote a great overseas race, which occurs at 4am. Instead of a full replay during the day, they have a 1 hour highlights package, so they can show football on one channel (fair enough) and fucking reruns and reality tv shows on the others. Fucking fuckheads.

/rant

Top Bottom