• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

r1chard

Sorry I didn't get to meet any GAF but PAX was still pretty damned awesome. Was there until 10:30 last night playing in the RoboRally tourney :)

Played a heckuva lot of Magic (which I learned yesterday) which I enjoyed thoroughly. And some Unexploded Cow. And Some Dominion. And some Sentinels of the Multiverse. And some retro games and ... yeah...

Any idea what the RRP for the Occulus Rift will be in Oz? Also the skullcandy PLYR1 are really nice, and supposedly they're launching in Oz really soon at under $200 (so I didn't pay the PAX price of $250...)

Had a good game of Dr Who with clip and laf. Saw vook and shaneus. I met arnie, jambo and the previous properly and had fleeting hellos with aniseed, kritz and a bunch others I forget.

Had fun.

Rlan I'm pretty sure I saw you on Friday waiting for the train in the rain with me but I dunno. At around 6

Jintor

Personally I'm envious of all the people I know who have flights back tonight. Melbourne's cool and all but it ain't home, you know?

Kritz

Banned
kinda hate the people who haven't been standing in lines and trains and trams and walking all over melbourne cbd

but hey at least I got to see saints row 4 and be super disappointed by what I played of saints row 4.

Kritz why did you look confused at me when I said hi at the end of the day?

All y'all disappeared so I ended up just leaving and getting a parma at young & Jackson

Kritz

Banned
Kritz why did you look confused at me when I said hi at the end of the day?

All y'all disappeared so I ended up just leaving and getting a parma at young & Jackson

cuz I thought the guy behind you was you then saw you you and was just like, "fuck it"

Also I'm just staying in for board games tonight. Too tired for more ausgaf. Might go to beer deluxe but dunno.

Jintor

I don't think I have a valid opinion on auspax since i didn't pay for my ticket, but i thought it was fine for what it was. Kept my expectations in check and wasn't disappointed in anything but the amazing lines

Jintor

In summary:

943620_548110608578925_1514573136_n.jpg

/edit damn holy you got some really good shots

Crystal Maiden from DOTA 2. I was disappointed because the best part of PAX was playing boardgames with friends and I can do that without PAX. The exhibitors were ok. Best thing was the Crabitron booth and if you have an ios device you should buy that for 99c. Wanted to see the Rome 2 thing but was told it was going to be an hour. Saw Occulus Rift but ended up in the line for the terrible car demo not tf2 which was a little sad. Joust was amazing and definitely considering slacker backing it or grabbing it when the ps4 comes out and move controllers get really cheap.

hamchan

Rome 2 was nice but drowned out by World of Tanks.

PAX as a video game convention wasn't very good. Especially considering the next gen consoles are launching soon, their presence was missing. It was better for trading card games, specifically Magic.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rome 2 was nice but drowned out by World of Tanks.

PAX as a video game convention wasn't very good. Especially considering the next gen consoles are launching soon, their presence was missing. It was better for trading card games, specifically Magic.

What did u think about the 2 out of place games in the board game section?

Gazunta

PAX Australia has been the most fun I've had in years. Thanks to friends old and new, the retro gaming area, D&D and the super awesome sight of many many former work colleagues showing off their indie games at the show and the great reaction they got. God damn, there might be a future for the industry in Australia after all.

Thanks so much AusGAF. You guys really made the show shine.

I saw the PS4, and held the controller :p
reptile jelly

Ubi was doing the AC4 demo on PS4, the only one at the show.

Jintor

honestly though i regret not playing magic with anyone. I actually wanted to challenge the gamespot asia pacific editor at one point but they were all busy :T

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
Such a fantastic start to PAX in Australia, I had so much fun today. The only thing I could really say that's negative was the proximity to each booth that some companies had. I was trying to watch presentations at Ubisoft's booth, but most of what they were saying was constantly drowned out by the screaming and yelling of the fans at the LoL booth. Same went for Rome Total War 2.

In other news, I'm definitely buying Saints Row 4 and Rise of the Triad. The presenters, especially RotT's, were extremely welcoming and insanely polite. Definitely going next year.

Ydahs

Loving Google Music All Access so far. I've spent almost $300 on iTunes since March so this is definitely going to save me some cash. Will still buy albums, but now it's easier to make sure the album is well worth the $15 before purchase.

Magic was the best part of PAX.
I ended up missing out on the draft, but it seemed hella fun.

Also where were you, ya jerk!

Personally I'm envious of all the people I know who have flights back tonight. Melbourne's cool and all but it ain't home, you know?
I'll trade you mine :p To be honest I feel a lot more at home in Melbourne really. I just had such a fantastic time down there. I need city lights and beaches and delicious restaurants and constant stimulation. Brisbane hasn't got much going in the way of that.

In summary:

/edit damn holy you got some really good shots
hahaha.

He really did. Thanks for that holy :D I really like the big one of everyone... though I suppose Laf's dad took that.

also guys,

the facebook album is set to private (only viewable by me)

except when using the above link!

feel free to tag yourselves etc if there are any handsome and dashing photos of yourself you wish your fiends to see

I can't >< would it be okay if I re-uploaded a couple of them?

Am I misunderstanding or was the Xbone console only viewable at certains times? I mean the actual console, kinect and controller in the glass box. I came by a couple of times and it was covered with a sheet? Why?

Rezbit

Pax day 2 was pretty cool, probably enjoyed it more than the first. Got my hands dirty (no doubt literally) with more demos. The Wii U games were alright, Mario 3D World is fun. Played some random Aussie indies, jumped in the seemingly hidden konami booth for some demos, played splinter cell press a to awesome. Nintendo ubisoft and league of legends all had decent presence, which shows it was unfortunately a lame effort regarding ms and Sony.

Played a couple board games with my group and met a few ausgaffers. Fortune and glory looked amazing...lol. Then I owned some dudes at goldeneye 64. Still got it baby.

More tables needed, magic was a hog. Less bean bags, less unused space would be good.

All in all I think it was successful.

I'll trade you mine :p To be honest I feel a lot more at home in Melbourne really. I just had such a fantastic time down there. I need city lights and beaches and delicious restaurants and constant stimulation. Brisbane hasn't got much going in the way of that.

But we have good weather.

Fucking home fuckers! So good to be sitting in my warm piece of shit chair at the PC. Such a long weekend.

HUGE thanks to Shaneus for the couch to crash on, the car rides to and from the stations as well as the awesome company. Great hanging out with you! Will get into Blur so we can do some MP!

Friday night was fantastic. Such a great time chatting with everyone. Needed way more time to get proper discussions going with everyone though, there will be a next time thankfully!

Also fuck you Bern. I hope you get stuck next to a dyslexic rugby player on the flight home.

Also Ni No Kuni is $27 posted from Video Ezy, could take a month to arrive though.
Will hold out for PS+ freebie >.>

Am I misunderstanding or was the Xbone console only viewable at certains times? I mean the actual console, kinect and controller in the glass box. I came by a couple of times and it was covered with a sheet? Why?

2 hours a day in the glass case lol

NO TOUCHING JUST LOOK. A FEW PEOPLE AT A TIME. THEN YOU GET MOVED ON BY SECURITY.

THANKS FOR LETTING THE PLEBS TAKE A LOOK CHOC! YOU ARE A MAN OF THE PEOPLE!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So, err, who the fuck did I meet on Saturday night?

Sorry, I was unbearably drunk when I got there, and am really bad with names.

Frawdder

That's true. First time we walked into the expo hall and walked past an empty glass case I thought it was some joke by MS about "XBONE IS ALREADY DEADERS LOLOLOL!!" but no, the Xbox One had a schedule to keep, what a fucking retarded concept. The lady I spoke to said that they basically have the thing chained to them whenever they transport it, so i guess it's a functional unit, maybe? But that Kinect unit, that thing is large, controller looks nice though (Would have loved to have held it in my hands but who cares)

But we have good weather.
I wouldn't class humidity so damn high that you have to continually change shirts throughout the day because you sweat so much as good weather, but that's just me. (An Adelaide boy who doesn't know, and can't deal with, moderate to high levels of humidity).

So, err, who the fuck did I meet on Saturday night?

Sorry, I was unbearably drunk when I got there, and am really bad with names.
Me!

hamchan

I assume there was only one Xbone there or something, and they had to use it for their presentations. Thing looks pretty massive though.

Omikron

Been playing Tomb Raider all weekend while you numpties were at PAX. Game is pretty good, but could do with way less shooting set pieces.

wizzbang

Banned
Didn't meet or hook up with anyone here, was with the shacknews crew, which was a small sampling of us nowadays to be honest. Saw some giantbomb shirts on day 1 / 2 - got extremely sad :(

Had a fun time - good social aspect more than anything for me, Oculus rift was actually very cool, saw some cosplayers, never know how to react - male instinct wants to ogle but I'm a bit over being a neanderthal now, so I refuse to do it anymore, if anything it makes me uncomfortable.

Atmosphere was very good, show was slightly smaller than expected, less people than expected - suspect next year will be bigger (new consoles please?)
Have to be honest, I'm not an indie kind of guy, I'm your dumb mainstream dude who wants to see AAA stuff - but single player focused (so putting me back, into a niche)

Coffee wasn't bad! Made it to finals in the Doom competition, didn't win - overall, I enjoyed it! - Worse shacknews shirt on Saturday, no walkups - some others did today, no walkups. Oh well

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Cheers! Now to see if I can match some faces. Holy is easy because, well, the avatar. And also linking the photos. Can I get some names pointed out on this sausage fest*?

1072603_548110211912298_595742937_o.jpg

*excluding Shan

Lafiel, HolyCheck, Jintor, Teekun, Clipper, Shanshan, Shan's better half (at the back), Frawdder, Aniseed, Reptilescorpio, Bernbum, Ventron, Evlcookie, Gazunta, Agyar, Doncamatic (sorry!), Banananananarnie, Kritz, Shaneus, Ridonkulous, Rahk, Aon (sorry!)

I think.

Whole weekend is a blur lol

Lafiel, HolyCheck, Jintor, Teekun, Clipper, Shanshan, Shan's better half (at the back), Frawdder, Aniseed, Reptilescorpio, Bernbum, Ventron, Evlcookie, Gazunta, Agyar, (I forget sorry!), Banananananarnie, Kritz, Shaneus, Ridonkulous, Rahk, (again can't remember sorry!)

I think.

You're missing Doncamatic and Aon.

Putting names to faces is hard! Cheers rep.

EatChildren

Lafiel, HolyCheck, Jintor, Teekun, Clipper, Shanshan, Shan's better half (at the back), Frawdder, Aniseed, Reptilescorpio, Bernbum, Ventron, Evlcookie, Gazunta, Agyar, Doncamatic (sorry!), Banananananarnie, Kritz, Shaneus, Ridonkulous, Rahk, Aon (sorry!)

I think.

Thank you!

Saturday was awfully messy. I hope I didn't say or do anything to offend the crew I met at the Elephant and the Wheelbarrow. I was barely functioning when I arrived (thank you, Wargaming). Ended up nearly passing out on the Flinders Street steps, until I conjured the energy to grab a fucking $36 cab ride home.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
On the way back I did notice you sitting on the steps of finders. Seemed like you were in your own world, so I let you be.

Damn Flinders toilets are locked at that time of night. Good thing for the free public ones!

EatChildren

On the way back I did notice you sitting on the steps of finders. Seemed like you were in your own world, so I let you be.

Damn Flinders toilets are locked at that time of night. Good thing for the free public ones!

A hobo kindly told me the ladies toilet gate lock was broken.

Top Bottom