• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

senahorse

Stuff those lower quality beers. Get a carton of Hoegaarden for $45 from Dans!

The first deal I ever submitted to Ozbargain, and it got 100 upvotes. Woot.

That deal is over, well it was full price when I was there 10 minutes ago. Just picked up a case of Fat Yak, Hollandia (for a cheap arse beer it's really not bad), a bottle of Glenlivet and a bottle of some new bourbon (forget the name) I thought I would try.

That deal is over, well it was full price when I was there 10 minutes ago. Just picked up a case of Fat Yak, Hollandia (for a cheap arse beer it's really not bad), a bottle of Glenlivet and a bottle of some new bourbon (forget the name) I thought I would try.

Damn, you're right. I just checked the website.

The weird thing is they advertise lesser deals, but this was never advertised as a special online or through any brouchers. Gotta keep an eye on their prices to catch deals like that.

AusGAF: Cheapest place to buy a Vita 32GB memory card. Go!

I think DSE might be the cheapest (even over eBay) for $99.
I think you're right. Which is not good, because you used to be able to get them for about $80, mostly due to the help of the all ighty ollar. I checked the usual suspects (OGS, superufo, Amazon) and their prices all came out above $100.

Sorry, dude.

Edit: Click this if you feel like paying $176.95 for one. As well as $9.95 for shipping.

Dead Man

Shamelessly stolen from the 'I need a New PC' thread, but these are the apps I use.

MSI Afterburner (aka RivaTuner) allows you to manage GPU overclocking, fan speed/profiles and chart many aspects of your GPU.

Real Temp allows you to monitor the temperature of your CPU core(s).

Prime95 allows you to stress test your CPU and RAM for stability

FURMark allows you to stress test your video card.

That will get you started in terms of checking temps, stressing CPU/GPU and seeing what type of OC you're looking at.

What fans are you using and what sort of placement? My 212 fan started rattling a couple of months ago so I replaced it and saw a significant drop in temps. I eventually replaced the t wo stock fractal fans as well, but they should be sufficient unless you're looking at OCing both your CPU/GPU.
So far the cpu hasn't cracked 60 degrees, haven't done a long run of the torture test yet.

Aspiring

Hey guys I just have a quick question.

Amazon have just told me that they won't ship my PS4 to Australia, but have said I can get it sent to a service such as hopshopgo. So I ordered and put the address given to me by them.

Has anybody had any experience ordering with hopshopgo? Are they reliable and safe? Shipping prices ok or just any feedback or a better company out there. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

jambo

Clipper has a lot of experience purchasing and shipping items from the US, maybe PM him. He'll probably see your post soon anyway.

Hey guys I just have a quick question.

Amazon have just told me that they won't ship my PS4 to Australia, but have said I can get it sent to a service such as hopshopgo. So I ordered and put the address given to me by them.

Has anybody had any experience ordering with hopshopgo? Are they reliable and safe? Shipping prices ok or just any feedback or a better company out there. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Amazon US or EU? Did they give you a reason? I have a PS4 pre-order from Amazon US too.

Aspiring

Amazon US or EU? Did they give you a reason? I have a PS4 pre-order from Amazon US too.

Amazon US. My CC was expiring so I changed the card number. Because its in their system now as does not ship outside the US, once I updated my CC info it automatically cancelled my order, as it does not ship outside the US. If I would have left it alone, which I obviously could not otherwise I couldn't pay for it, it would have been fine.

I have pre ordered items before that after ordering had changed to ships only to US, and I always got them no worries. But because of what I did it was gone. I ordered a new one anyway, went for Knack bundle but hoping Hopshopgo don't stuff me around.

Gazunta

Ricki Lee is playing at the Ekka every night

Except for Thursday night when they're doing the cattle judging

The jokes write themselves

Amazon US. My CC was expiring so I changed the card number. Because its in their system now as does not ship outside the US, once I updated my CC info it automatically cancelled my order, as it does not ship outside the US. If I would have left it alone, which I obviously could not otherwise I couldn't pay for it, it would have been fine.

I have pre ordered items before that after ordering had changed to ships only to US, and I always got them no worries. But because of what I did it was gone. I ordered a new one anyway, went for Knack bundle but hoping Hopshopgo don't stuff me around.

Ah bad timing. Amazon's $25 priority delivery sure is convenient.

Shaneus

I think you're right. Which is not good, because you used to be able to get them for about $80, mostly due to the help of the all ighty ollar. I checked the usual suspects (OGS, superufo, Amazon) and their prices all came out above $100.

Sorry, dude.
Ahhh it's alright. At least I didn't *just* miss out on that price by a week or some shit. Having said that, DSE is low on stock pretty much everywhere, so I'll have to get it delivered (free, thankfully) from them. Guessing they'll either stop selling them or jack up the price once a new shipment hits.

Propietary storage needs to fuck off, $100 for 32GB is the BEST price?
Fucking joke, right? Price you pay for using your own HDD in a PS3/4, I guess. Reminds me of the days of X360 memory cards. Lolz.

Exactly. I have standards.
So what is it... did you live in the US then move to Adelaide, or do you have standards?

That explains your comics, then.

Gazinga

Aspiring

Ah bad timing. Amazon's $25 priority delivery sure is convenient.

Was terrible I was so pissed. I ripped up amazon but nothing they could do. Now I have gone from $25 4 day shipping to like $140 shipping : (

I even rung 4 EBs around me to see if I could get a launch day unit and they all said no. Oh well. It is what it is. I now just hope this hop shop go don't stuff me around.

Ricki Lee is playing at the Ekka every night

Except for Thursday night when they're doing the cattle judging

A Blue Ribbon singer.

Fern-EKKA-2012.jpg
blog230512_ricki.jpg

Dead Man

Try using Intel Burn Test, it will push your CPU harder than Prime will.
Cheers, I'll give that run as well.
Fucking joke, right? Price you pay for using your own HDD in a PS3/4, I guess. Reminds me of the days of X360 memory cards. Lolz.
Yeah, it's crazy.
So what is it... did you live in the US then move to Adelaide, or do you have standards?

I thought we were friends, man :(

Bahahahaha!

Okay, 10 cycles of Burn Test, all stable, max temp was 55c. I think I might have bought more cooler than I need. Oh well.

If you aren't going to OC your CPU then an after market cooler will be overkill. But you went with the K model (3570k) and you have a 212 heatsink, so if I was you I would OC it. It literally is changing a few values in the Bios settings for a 30-40% gain in some cases. There are some great online vids and everything. You could run a slight OC (4.0ghz) and and get like a 20% performance boost.

Dead Man

If you aren't going to OC your CPU then an after market cooler will be overkill. But you went with the K model (3570k) and you have a 212 heatsink, so if I was you I would OC it. It literally is changing a few values in the Bios settings for a 30-40% gain in some cases. There are some great online vids and everything. You could run a slight OC (4.0ghz) and and get like a 20% performance boost.

Really? Maybe I will check it out.

Shaneus

So what is it... are you friends with Shaneus or do you have standards?
Fucking WOW.

I should be upset, but...
cheersdrbz4.gif

Was terrible I was so pissed. I ripped up amazon but nothing they could do. Now I have gone from $25 4 day shipping to like $140 shipping : (

I even rung 4 EBs around me to see if I could get a launch day unit and they all said no. Oh well. It is what it is. I now just hope this hop shop go don't stuff me around.
Fuck, you're talking about day-one PS4s, yeah? Damnit. I wanted one then, too :(

Really? Maybe I will check it out.
I have a similar heatsink (except mine's "Macho") and I can easily get 4.9GHz @ 1.44v stable on my 2500k. Without upping the voltage (or barely touching it) I think I was able to at least get 4.5GHz. Even stock, I have a feeling you might be able to get ~4.2 with no adjustments at all (but double check that first!).

Rev3 are quickly filling my Red Letter Media style gaming video niche. Really enjoyable, knowledgeable people to listen to that I pretty much always agree with.

Nah, it's just that the 4 of us here that have them account for the only ones sold in Australia.
Well mine was a refurb so I don't count :)

I'm such a nerd. I attended a lecture for a unit I'm not even enrolled in at uni today. Even made two pages worth of notes because I found it damn fascinating.

Feel like I should attend the lecture about world religions after my 1-week break.

I went to a few of them soley to get into the discussion group afterwards with a mate of mine. They had wine at their meetings. Totally worth it.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I went to a few of them soley to get into the discussion group afterwards with a mate of mine. They had wine at their meetings. Totally worth it.

That sounds more like a free seminar/lecture event thingly that's open to anyone in the facility than a actual lecture. I've been to a few of those myself. They had free wine too!

That sounds more like a free seminar/lecture event thingly that's open to anyone in the facility than a actual lecture. I've been to a few of those myself. They had free wine too!

Nah it was a mate of mine who was doing World Religions unit and through that he found out the lecturer and a few students had a discussion group in one of the tutorial rooms at like 4:30pm on a Wednesday before happies down the Ponds so we could 'give our opinion' on religious topics that I had no idea about while getting shit faced on free cheap wine before rolling down the hill to the Ponds for cheap beers before crawling back up the hill to Caf for our free Resi meals. So good.

Gazunta

Off to the Ekka today! Can't wait to buy a foot long Dagwood Dog and spend $20 on The Official Australian Xbox Magazine show bag. :p

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hot tip, shaneus is in melbourne today.

(I saw you but I'm too hung over, unshowered and been wearing the same clothes for 26 hours so want to go home.)

Thanks for that, Holy.

Regardless of how unlikely, I'm always nervous that there is a possibility that I'll run into Shaneus in Brisbane. You've put my mind at ease, at least for today.

If enough people feel the same way, I'm willing to start up a Shaneus Watch, just so we can all feel better. We can let each other know of possible sightings and therefore Red Zones that we should try to avoid.

Obviously the goal of the group would be ultimately to raise enough money to tag him with a GPS device.

Top Bottom