• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Omni

Kinda random, but I'm having computer problems. Whenever I bump my laptop, the screen goes from this:
6wQVK01.jpg
to this:
Other times the screen will just go blank. Whatever the case I have to hold down the power button and restart to fix it (until it gets bumped again). Even pressing keys is enough to screw it up... So kinda annoying.

Anyone know what could be the problem and/or where I could get it looked at? Hobart here.

If you don't have warranty, that's going to cost you a fair bit to fix. Have you dropped the laptop recently? Probable cause is physical damage and will require the screen to be replaced.

Fredescu

It's possibly the video cable. Depending on the type of laptop, it might be an easy fix. If it's not under warranty, Google disassembling your particular model and see if you can reseat the video cable. On some laptops that's not possible though.

Omni

I accidentally kicked the laptop off my bed during E3, but nothing since then and it only started happening two days ago. Unfortunately the warranty ran out a few months ago, so I guess I might as well open it up tonight and see if the video cable is connected properly (I have dismantled it before, so not that big of a deal... Just tedious)

Cheers guys

senahorse

Doh, my Nuuvem order just changed to "Saints Row IV (Australia)" and says there is no date for release.

:(

Same with me, reading their forum it seems they might be giving us AU keys now, I am cancelling my order, I don't appreciate them just changing it without informing me.

edit: just logged it through Paypal resolution, having translation issues with their site. I think I will just pay the extra and buy from Amazon or US Steam, live and learn.

r1chard

If anyone can recommend a good local place to get a Go Pro camera from, I'm all ears.

If you're getting a Pro camera then just bloody fly to New York and buy it from B&H - the Aussie Tax will probably be more than the cost of the flights :/

Edit: Of course, I can't bloody read, so ignore my ravings! "Go Pro" he says. LOL me. Back to my corner I go.

senahorse

Fogz:

Q: Does every pre purchase customer will get a ROW key or just foreign customers?
A: Each customer will get a key for his/her regions, that's was the publishers instructions. Deep Silver divided the keys in 5 regions:If you in any of this region you are not eligible for the ROW key and more importantly ROW keys will not work, no matter where you bought! It was the decision made by Deep Silver. Okay, now the regions (and release dates) are:
North America and Rest of the World (20/08)
Brazil (20/08)
Europe (23/08)
Australia (TBA)
Asia (Unknown, but probably same as Europe)

Thanks for posting about this, otherwise I may not have known. No thanks to Nuuvem for not communicating this.

Fogz

edit: just logged it through Paypal resolution, having translation issues with their site. I think I will just pay the extra and buy from Amazon or US Steam, live and learn.

I've just done the same rather than waiting around for an email back. Sounds like its a done deal anyway.

EDIT: Yeah, real nice of them to tell us :p

lexi

Banned
Not even buying Saints Row IV any more. $40 dearer and 1 month later, I'm not going to be complicit in that much bullshit.

Dead Man

Same with me, reading their forum it seems they might be giving us AU keys now, I am cancelling my order, I don't appreciate them just changing it without informing me.

God damn it. Okay, how do I do this in Paypal? Do I say I didn't receive it or it is not what I paid for?

Edit: Bugger it, just filled it out the best I can. Fuck Deep Silver.

Jintor

Those motherfuckers. To Wilflare it is.

So just dispute resolution through Paypal right? Do I need to do anything on the nuuvem site?

senahorse

I bought it from somewhere else I don't think you're allowed to mention here, just because I want to give Deep Silver as little as possible but still get to play it straight away :)

Deeku

so my boss just told me that there are two big alp ads with a smiling rudd here in central hong kong, facing the harbour...so all the boats can see i guess

a. who the hell are the ads for?
b. they probably cost a lot

i need to go check this out later lol

Fogz:

Thanks for posting about this, otherwise I may not have known. No thanks to Nuuvem for not communicating this.
Ah fuck so Deep Silver decided to IP block? Fucking cunts. Also fuck Nuuvem for not emailing us.

So ANY attempt to play in Australia will result in being locked to the local version when they ping your IP.

Maybe VPN the whole download if Amazon don't check the credit card?

senahorse

so my boss just told me that there are two big alp ads with a smiling rudd here in central hong kong, facing the harbour...so all the boats can see i guess

Take pics please, it should be grumpy faced Rudd.

Ah fuck so Deep Silver decided to IP block? Fucking cunts. Also fuck Nuuvem for not emailing us.

So ANY attempt to play in Australia will result in being locked to the local version when they ping your IP.

Maybe VPN the whole download if Amazon don't check the credit card?

I hope that's not the case, I really doubt it. People are using Amazon copies just fine (albeit with VPN as it's not out here). There are also those keysites but I think GAF frowns on them.

I hope that's not the case, I really doubt it. People are using Amazon copies just fine (albeit with VPN as it's not out here). There are also those keysites but I think GAF frowns on them.

Deep Silver divided the keys in 5 regions: If you in any of this region you are not eligible for the ROW key and more importantly ROW keys will not work, no matter where you bought!
This is the worry. Since we are in Australia region, not America region, I would be concerned that Steam will knock back access if your account tries to ping Steam servers and would convert your key to an Australian one.

Jintor

I don't think they've ever done that with gifted copies before.

I feel like writing an article about geoblocking, but I need to rest for another semester first :T

Gazunta

*orders go pro and memory card*

*sees email confirming purchase*

*finds a million threads online about how crappy the memory card is and how it'll fry the camera, your data, your house, your wife and your kids*

fuckity fuck fuck fuck fuck

Anyway, yeah, boy I'd hate to be responsible for the SR4 malarky.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So this is Nuuvems response to my request to have it cancelled.

RoW key is not reedemable in Australia. There's no sense asking refund for this reason.

Well ok.

I jut filed a dispute, i will escalate to a PayPal claim if they respond to me like they did to cookie. fuck this is. mess.

on another note, cheap laptop (<500) vs cheaper netbook (<200)? i would like t keep it at y girlfriends house and take it places so if i want to code while out, i can. itd need to be able to run 2d graphics reasonably well, which is why I'm leaning towards a laptop but netbooks are so small and portable. the is a purcharse in the next few months, not soon. any suggestions either?

wonzo

Banned

I think it's to advertise to overseas voters. It's still really dumb tho.

RoW key is not reedemable in Australia. There's no sense asking refund for this reason.

Well ok.
I p. much got the same thing, just in a slightly more snarky and roundabout manner. Fuckers.

Fogz

Well ok.

hahaha

I just got my reply too:

For Australia, there's no release date yet, because it looks like the government didn't approve somethings in the game. So the publisher must low the violence in the game before releasing. That's why there's not a released date confirmed yet. But as soon as Saints Row 4 has been released on your region, you'll receive your serial key.

Gazunta

I jut filed a dispute, i will escalate to a PayPal claim if they respond to me like they did to cookie. fuck this is. mess.

on another note, cheap laptop (<500) vs cheaper netbook (<200)? i would like t keep it at y girlfriends house and take it places so if i want to code while out, i can. itd need to be able to run 2d graphics reasonably well, which is why I'm leaning towards a laptop but netbooks are so small and portable. the is a purcharse in the next few months, not soon. any suggestions either?

Game Review System was coded on a netbook, which was a pretty slow process but doable by all means. I also do some comics on a netbook
which I plan on throwing the fuck out the second I get a Surface Pro
so they're certainly capable enough. Just make doubly sure you're OK with those tiny, tiny keyboards.

It'd need to be able to run Unity3D. I feel as if netbooks can't do this well enough. :-(

sounds like you're going to need something with some grunt. go the proper laptop. or an ultrabook/MBA clone.

in a couple of hours, I my post some largish pics of a games collection I want to divest myself of. Just a heads up if I screw up the quotes and the pics are larger than a pile of unsold Wii Us

Bulbasaur

Banned
Greetings fellow one nation supporters

I'm not paying $120 for a ps4 game at launch. Does anybody import and if so could you advise where you get those amazing deals?

Top Bottom