• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Danoss

I found OzGameShop process pretty quickly, the delievery time can vary from 3 business days to 2 weeks. Which is pretty good coming from Englad, I usually check them first these days.

I only went to Games Paradise because I was chasing something out of print and they were the only ones showing stock.

My process goes OzGameShop > Games Empire > CSI if ordering enough stuff > Ebay > google for other shops > wait for restock at these places. Games Paradise don't even enter into it unless there are no other choices possible, Milsims will never get a dollar of mine ever again. OzGameShop gets stuff to me usually within 7 days total.

I had something sent Thursday / Friday, I live in hope for today then! :D

PS> What did you get?

It helps that I'm in Sydney where it arrives first. Probably another day or two to Melbourne I'd say, still pretty impressive.

I'll take a photo of what I grabbed and share when the last of it trickles in over the next couple of days. I may have gone a little nuts.

I am the waifu of Chrom.
crom.jpg

CROM!

Omikron

It helps that I'm in Sydney where it arrives first. Probably another day or two to Melbourne I'd say, still pretty impressive.

I'll take a photo of what I grabbed and share when the last of it trickles in over the next couple of days. I may have gone a little nuts.

Actually was sent Wednesday, so probably tomorrow/day after I am guessing :)

Photo sounds good. I just got Power Grid.

Kritz

Banned
I find Tasmania tax means I'll wait a week for any board games.

Waiting for Carcassonne Expansion 1 and Galaxy Trucker to arrive, should be sometime this week I think.

I've also finally gotten around to playing the games I've ordered:

First game of Agricola:

Tied for first with 24 points. Rulebook says you resolve ties by playing a second game. ... right on.
Also my farm is TERRIBLE. Suffered a hefty penalty for those blank spaces I was unable to fill up. Everyone kept taking all the wood. :<

And also my winning game of BSG.

I intentionally didn't look at my loyalty card for the first half of the game to throw off everyone. Couldn't find a rule in the book preventing that style of play, although there are rules for halfway in where you need to look at your cards since you do actions depending on one of them.

But we were about one jump away from winning, where I took advantage of the already low morale, to make a decision as president to take a card choice that reduced it even further, then the next crisis card drawn failed the skill check causing morale to drop to 0 for the turn, giving me a swift, unexpected, victory.

Also played Peuto Rico, which is really amazing. Don't have a picture of that all set up though.

Deeku

not into boardgames, but that farm game looks pretty neat with it's little ploughed field cards, and sheep(?) and fences for sheep!

Jintor

who's your waifu??!!

also jint you never answered this question!

Lissa

Was sorely tempted for Tharja, but Lissa's galeforce is getting hella use

First game of Agricola:

Tied for first with 24 points. Rulebook says you resolve ties by playing a second game. ... right on.
Also my farm is TERRIBLE. Suffered a hefty penalty for those blank spaces I was unable to fill up. Everyone kept taking all the wood. :<

tumblr_mdwxmvcsQH1qdk6iq.gif

I find Tasmania tax means I'll wait a week for any board games.

Waiting for Carcassonne Expansion 1 and Galaxy Trucker to arrive, should be sometime this week I think.

I've also finally gotten around to playing the games I've ordered:

First game of Agricola:

And also my winning game of BSG.

I intentionally didn't look at my loyalty card for the first half of the game to throw off everyone. Couldn't find a rule in the book preventing that style of play, although there are rules for halfway in where you need to look at your cards since you do actions depending on one of them.

But we were about one jump away from winning, where I took advantage of the already low morale, to make a decision as president to take a card choice that reduced it even further, then the next crisis card drawn failed the skill check causing morale to drop to 0 for the turn, giving me a swift, unexpected, victory.

Also played Peuto Rico, which is really amazing. Don't have a picture of that all set up though.

BSG is an amazing game. We played a great game that went down to the last jump on Saturday night. I was a Cylon from the beginning and along with my fellow Cylon (who I gave the second Cylon card to during the sleeper phase) we destroyed the puny humans.

I haven't played Agricola though. Is it worth playing?

Deeku

You can even have a pet animal - in my case, a boar - wander around your home. I named him Henry. Henry did not get eaten.
lol that is pretty great!

Lissa

Was sorely tempted for Tharja, but Lissa's galeforce is getting hella use
pffff lissar, she's annoying! tharja for life!

but what the hell, she's called Tharja in the english release???? what a turnoff! &#12469;&#12540;&#12522;&#12515; is waaay better

Bernbaum

AusGAF X (X)(X)

Fuck yeah nipple tape emoticon!

Oh sweet that actually sounds perfect for me. I don't get enough time to keep up to date on the NBA aside from Spurs or big news item that hit my best mate.

It's a daily podcast, 30-50 minutes long, with a weekly recap that usually goes for an hour. Plenty of Spurs coverage (well, especially now cos Tim Duncan et al. are still bloody in it). Surprised you don't listen already - it's one of the highest circulated sports podcasts. The guys each have their favourite teams but it's very fairly handled discussion. They're known equally for their comprehensive knowledge of the game as well as the irreverent off-the-rails rambling.

Shaneus

So, I was picking up munchies for tonights festivity, and look what I found:

Almost as excited for that as I am for the Xbox thing.

OzGameShop continues to impress. Ordered a game on Wednesday, they posted it on Thursday and it arrived this morning. Three goddamn business days for postage from England, that's excellent!

Games Paradise haven't even finished processing my order from that same day.
Fuck, that's quick. Rep, when did we order Blur?

I really need to watch that sometime :/

markot

Banned
QtBOCZv.png

First of all shane us, if that is your real name.

A: Its doritos for xbox.

B: Mountain dew, no crab juice.

C: You said you were a primarily pc gaming guy? What self respecting pcer would be excited for the xbox? Thats like hitler being excited for the russian advance on berlin!

Danoss

QtBOCZv.png

Whatever is being done with Xbox will have nothing on that, it sounds delicious.

Also I tried some flavour of the Kettle equivalent of Grain Waves and it was the best by far. Forget Grain Waves and forget the Woolies/Safeway equivalent.

Shaneus

Oh man, you guys missed my post after the edit I made :(

PS.
ol8RQdp.gif

Whatever is being done with Xbox will have nothing on that, it sounds delicious.

Also I tried some flavour of the Kettle equivalent of Grain Waves and it was the best by far. Forget Grain Waves and forget the Woolies/Safeway equivalent.
Was it whatever the creamy one was? I didn't like that :(

PPS. I love those random imgur gallery things, in particular, this one that just came up:
e4f44HSm.jpg

"One of my plays is getting produced!"

"What's it about?"

"So there's this guy, and he really loves this one girl-- she's the girl of his dreams. But she's going off to college. So he applies to every nearby college, just so he can be close to her. But the only college that accepts him is a clown college. But here's the thing-- he's terrified of clowns."

vBOZo0tm.jpg

"My town in Colombia is very beautiful. I don't travel because I want to leave my home. I travel because I need to know why I'm staying."
It's called "Humans of New York part 3". Enjoy.

I found OzGameShop process pretty quickly, the delievery time can vary from 3 business days to 2 weeks. Which is pretty good coming from Englad, I usually check them first these days.

I've played a couple of orders through Ozgameshop and I have received both in 1 week. Which is amazing compared the experiences with Games Paradise and Milsims. Games Paradise is the worst place I have ever ordered anything from. They have terrible customer service also.

I just finished Sleeping Dogs. It was good.

I was pleasantly surprised with that game and enjoyed every minute of it. Rare game that I have 100%ed.

I was pleasantly surprised with that game and enjoyed every minute of it. Rare game that I have 100%ed.

I would like to finish off the relationship and investigations before shelving the game, but I can't figure out how to get to Tiffany's. There seems to be no way in, no matter the time of day or night.

It's a daily podcast, 30-50 minutes long, with a weekly recap that usually goes for an hour. Plenty of Spurs coverage (well, especially now cos Tim Duncan et al. are still bloody in it). Surprised you don't listen already - it's one of the highest circulated sports podcasts. The guys each have their favourite teams but it's very fairly handled discussion. They're known equally for their comprehensive knowledge of the game as well as the irreverent off-the-rails rambling.
I don't get out much aside from bargain hunting and RLM :(

Already filled up my phone with these thanks!

DONT ASK ME IM JUST A BOY

I dunno dude. This week? Last week? Check your account!

I would like to finish off the relationship and investigations before shelving the game, but I can't figure out how to get to Tiffany's. There seems to be no way in, no matter the time of day or night.

Tiffany is just at the Karaoke club I thought?

EDIT: Actually! END GAME SPOILER
You break up with her when you realise she is cheating on you. Then it flies in your face that you were fucking Not Ping behind her back.

What have you got left to go?

2721278597.png

ALDImobile/Telstra 3G via WiFi hotspot on my PC.

Better than my ADSL2 :/

I really need to watch that sometime :/

awwwwwwww shit

Oh man, you guys missed my post after the edit I made :(

PS.
ol8RQdp.gif

Was it whatever the creamy one was? I didn't like that :(

PPS. I love those random imgur gallery things, in particular, this one that just came up:
e4f44HSm.jpg

vBOZo0tm.jpg

It's called "Humans of New York part 3". Enjoy.

Egypt is like a mango :)

I don't recall how to do it but I didn't have any trouble with it. Just call her up on your phone I think.

Yep, Rep's spoiler is spot on. Funny stuff.

Shaneus

:O

how are they on a scale of lime&pepper to jalapenopep&ched??!
So, I was picking up munchies for tonights festivity, and look what I found...

I honestly don't remember. I found their website to look at the 3 different flavours and it's not helping. I hate my terrible memory.
Not long now :)

DONT ASK ME IM JUST A BOY

I dunno dude. This week? Last week? Check your account!
I meant *date*, not which week. Means we might have it tomorrow! If it's only a matter of days, that is.

PS. I kinda adore this one:
X8ftaYYl.jpg

&#8220;When my husband was dying, I said: &#8216;Moe, how am I supposed to live without you?&#8217; He told me: &#8216;Take the love you have for me and spread it around.&#8217;&#8221;
*sniff*

Nope, fuck it not going to bed early! No way I will be able to get to sleep early after the day I have had. Going to bed at midnight after doping the boy up and thinking about getting up at 3am when he wakes up yelling and just trying to stay awake for the show then go back to bed.

Fuck the hype train! I'll take the express at 7am if I sleep through!

Shaneus

Nope, fuck it not going to bed early! No way I will be able to get to sleep early after the day I have had. Going to bed at midnight after doping the boy up and thinking about getting up at 3am when he wakes up yelling and just trying to stay awake for the show then go back to bed.

Fuck the hype train! I'll take the express at 7am if I sleep through!
FWIW, I still love how you refer to your son as "the boy". It's such an obvious Simpsons influence, I can't help but hear it in Homer's tone.

lexi

Banned
Contemplating staying up for Xbox reveal. I mean, I don't own any consoles other than the vita, but this could still be a potential Wednesdayton.

Ningo

Paid day off from work tomorrow, late night ahead!

Just remembered I haven't finished Halo 4 yet, I have had it since launch and I am only almost half way through it, I think, hopefully no spoilers tonight lol

Top Bottom