• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Rlan

tumblr_mtmsn11Jol1rys6fno1_1280.png

So I recently went through my taxes, and being in the game biz also means I can tax deduct a bunch of my purchases, which mostly includes games!

My 2012-2013 game playing was a bit all over the place, honestly. I purchased a single retail title - Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed for the Xbox 360. There was a lot of Xbox Live Arcade games NOT included here, as I got codes for them via Gamasutra stuff.

The most played Xbox 360 game was probably Deus Ex HR, which I had bought the previous year and never got around to playing.

My iPhone purchase history has been pretty interesting. The most IAP I’ve purchased was all of Puzzle Retreat’s DLC, which I played through and enjoyed. It’s interesting the type of mind set you can put yourself into depending on the asking price.

By comparison, the most played iPhone game has definitely been Clash of Clans, which I’ve purchased nothing for.

I’ve been a pretty big supporter of Sega’s digital crazy things like Jet Set Radio, even paid $2 for Sonic Dash, which went free and stayed that way like two weeks after. Probably my second most played iPhone game during this time.

Of the Steam purchases I finished Hotline Miami, went as far as I could during FTL several times, and finished off VVVVVV. I bought Sonic Generations so I could play the Project Unleashed stuff. I’ve gone through one chapter of Walking Dead, but have had a real hard time trying to play any more of it.

And honestly haven’t really played any of the games from Indie Bundle 7 or Android 3.. which is kind of lame. Working on it, slowly. Currently playing Trine 2 from the latest Indie bundle.

Weird to see I spent more money on iPhone games than other games, but it’s not that surprising either!

Gazunta

I've gone over a year without having to go inside an EB retail store, you think I'd voluntarily go to one of their conventions?! Yeah no

Deeku

hmm probably the last game i bought at eb was the tactics ogre's le for psp. they went out of their way to get me the sold out tarot cards set even though i didn't pre order...which was actually pretty nice of em!

but it was pretty weird getting a call 3 days later sayin yo your...tarot cards?..are here. and then going to the counter asking for my tarot cards, and then the dude not knowing wtf i was on about, who goes to the back to ask someone, and that someone goes "ohhhhh that tarot card guy's here, yeah they're in the drawer"....lol

I didn't like the movie so why would I subject myself to a whole SERIES of that? Especially when my friends told me the movie was just like the TV show and was totally faithful to that vision.

Eh.

Weird to see I spent more money on iPhone games than other games, but it’s not that surprising either!
Makes sense, you guys make mobile games so you would be expected to focus on the competition. Same with when I was managing a food place, gotta seek out the competition and see what level everything is on!

I miss tax write offs :(

Danoss

Haven't watched Firefly, got dragged to Serenity and didn't like it. Can't deal with the Whedon formula now I'm older, Angel was my favourite back in the day, so terriawesome.

I very much like Firefly. I don't like Serenity.

I thought that maybe there was something wrong with me or I wasn't in the right place at the time of the first viewing. I have seen it twice since then and it still didn't do anything for me at all. I've met one other person who really likes a lot of what Whedon does and they didn't like Serenity either. This person also feels the same way I do about The Avengers, that it is ultimately forgettable.

That Firefly just ends is disappointing, but it is definitely worth watching.

I very much like Firefly. I don't like Serenity.

I thought that maybe there was something wrong with me or I wasn't in the right place at the time of the first viewing. I have seen it twice since then and it still didn't do anything for me at all. I've met one other person who really likes a lot of what Whedon does and they didn't like Serenity either. This person also feels the same way I do about The Avengers, that it is ultimately forgettable.

That Firefly just ends is disappointing, but it is definitely worth watching.

Ah cool I might give it a shot then. Haven't been really drawn in by anything he has done since Angel. Also found Avengers to be a fun spectacle but nothing more than that so sounds like I could be on the same wavelength!

Frawdder

I remember watching Serenity right after I finished Firefly and despite knowing it wasn't a great film was just excited to see more Firefly story.

A few minutes in I was "what is this, what am I watching?"

Firefly is good, more people should watch it.

This person also feels the same way I do about The Avengers, that it is ultimately forgettable.
I thought exactly the same. I watched it a second time a couple of weeks ago for some reason I forget, and I enjoyed it a whole lot more.

And Serenity was OK I guess, but it's really for people who are already invested in the show. Watching it first doesn't give you any attachment to the characters, and it's probably pretty dull in that case.

Watch Firefly. I'm not even that big a Whedon fan, and I think he's hugely overrated. Watch Firefly.

Fredescu

Wrong! Castle is outstanding.

I just can't believe the characters, and I'm normally not someone that has trouble suspending his disbelief. The cop is supposed to be brilliant, but the author trumps her every* time, and with a too perfect turn of phrase. The daughter is too perfect, just the right combination of sass and innocence. The mother is exactly the same, just the right combination of quirk and motherlyness. Too perfect.

Castle is too hammy. I mean, Fillion is 100% ham but I just couldn't stomach any more than 10 minutes of Castle. Had a similar reaction to Chuck.

http://i.imgur.com/nJDdlwO.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Why all your responses are just GIF's it doesn't actually help your argument dude. Just makes it look like you have no response to sway the other party.

Rezbit

I really liked Firefly the show but thought Serenity was a steaming pile of poop. Also, I've only seen about 30 minutes total of Castle throughout its entire run, and all it seemed like was "Will they have sex or won't they? STAY TUNED!" Blue balls the TV show.

legend166

1oEVvba.jpg

So the context of that image is that James Kelly (a Geelong player) is dressing up as Shane O'Bree (who used to play for Collingwood and has the nickname cheese).

In context, he looks like a moron, out of context, he looks like an incredibly racist moron.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
1oEVvba.jpg

So the context of that image is that James Kelly (a Geelong player) is dressing up as Shane O'Bree (who used to play for Collingwood and has the nickname cheese).

In context, he looks like a moron, out of context, he looks like an incredibly racist moron.

I was at the head office the other day of a large super market chain in aus. They had artwork up for Coon cheese.

racist business!

i'm sure he's doing it for the cheese not the coons.

Good afternoon, children of Solaire :D

As far as pre-ordering / buying the PS4, once released, what is everyone on here doing?

I haven't done any pre-ordering yet, just been keeping up to date with info.

That being said, I have been totally sold on the idea of getting a PS4 :) (Went PC only for the current generation, and have since picked up a Wii U & 3DS to catch up on Nintendo goodness)

At this stage I was thinking about holding off for a little while, see how the launch goes (let everyone else do the 'Beta Testing' for me, haha!). And seeing as though the stock allocation isn't really clear, for Aus, I may not have a choice now :|

Sorry socialQ, can't remember my Facebook password and the email address I used is defunct now, only get emails from Facebook telling me what people are saying :(

1oEVvba.jpg

cat4398885767scv.gif

10/10 my sides hurt! Surely someone would have said something.

http://i.imgur.com/1oEVvba.jpg

How unfortunate.
ANY OTHER BRAND OF CHEESE JAMES
Or at least a better wig

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I just can't believe the characters, and I'm normally not someone that has trouble suspending his disbelief. The cop is supposed to be brilliant, but the author trumps her every* time, and with a too perfect turn of phrase. The daughter is too perfect, just the right combination of sass and innocence. The mother is exactly the same, just the right combination of quirk and motherlyness. Too perfect.

I totally get what your saying, the characters are still far from perfect but they can seem that way. That's also the charm of the show though, the actors clearly have a great time and it shows.

Its not a serious show by any means but it's an enjoyable light hearted hour of TV that does no harm.

It's also one of the only shows that did the will they won't they correctly and didn't suffer in quality.

Deeku

i sometimes confuse Castle with Bones lol

like, they're on the same channel at around the same time, both have a dude and a kind of semi attractive female, they're probably about the same thing, and they have weird ads/previews that don't realllly have anything to do with the episode they're previewing...actually i don't know cos i've never watched an episode

Clipper

i sometimes confuse Castle with Bones lol

like, they're on the same channel at around the same time, both have a dude and a kind of semi attractive female, they're probably about the same thing, and they have weird ads/previews that don't realllly have anything to do with the episode they're previewing...actually i don't know cos i've never watched an episode

You missed that both shows' actors were the lead character of a Joss Whedon show...

But yeah, they're not really the same thing. Similar, yes, but not the same.

hamchan

Pretty hyped to watch Agents of SHIELD but also keeping my expectations in check. Joss Whedon has a history of not great first seasons with Buffy, Angel and Dollhouse, with Firefly being the exception to that rule. On the other hand he also has great history with comic books; I think his run on Astonishing X-Men and Runaways were pretty awesome.

So now that he has a comic book tv show I have no idea which way the quality will go.

Rezbit

1oEVvba.jpg

Really should have went with Bega.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Pretty hyped to watch Agents of SHIELD but also keeping my expectations in check. Joss Whedon has a history of not great first seasons with Buffy, Angel and Dollhouse, with Firefly being the exception to that rule. On the other hand he also has great history with comic books; I think his run on Astonishing X-Men and Runaways were pretty awesome.

So now that he has a comic book tv show I have no idea which way the quality will go.

ty for the reminder.

I love Firefly and really liked Serenity. I don't watch Castle either.

It's hard to say if someone should watch the show or movie if they don't like the other. They are similar in lots of aspects but totally different in others. So it does depend on why you don't like it.

Castle, just doesn't interest me in the slightest.

they have weird ads/previews that don't realllly have anything to do with the episode they're previewing
My favourite are the Mad Men promos at the end of every episode. They make zero sense whatsoever, just a series of quick cuts with people saying no context stuff like "Why hello there", "Did he really just say that?", "This isn't going to end well". Gives absolutely nothing away but on the flip side gives you no reason to be interested if you're not already invested.

Top Bottom