• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Jintor

I'd only be getting Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, W101 and Earthbound... but more importantly, I just don't have the time to play it right now.

jambo

Adelaide store sold out long ago and all the other stores are suburban so I might do some rounds tonight and see what I can find.

EDIT: Someone should buy me one, I may pay you back... >_>

hamchan

Felt tempted to buy a Wii U at that price but going around different stores trying to find one is more effort than I'm willing to use on that hardware.

Arksy

Adelaide store sold out long ago and all the other stores are suburban so I might do some rounds tonight and see what I can find.

EDIT: Someone should buy me one, I may pay you back... >_>

Any ideas where any Adelaide stores might have them?

legend166

My thought process is that I'm certain of there being at least around 10 or so exclusives that I'll want for the console:

New Super Mario Bros U
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
Super Mario 3D Land
Wind Waker HD
New Zelda
Mario Kart
X
Wii Sports stuff
Wii Fit U

Plus eShop stuff, and that's enough for me to justify $174.

Rubixcuba

Banned
There was 3 Premiums, 2 basics and a few games at both my local Dick Smith stores. Picked up a Pro controller and Wiimote for the eventual Mario Kart/Smash marathons.
$200 for a Wii U is just ridiculous.

Earthbound is on the SNES dude.
It never had a SNES PAL release, so a lot of Aussie gamers never played it (or at least have never played a legitimate copy). It's a must have Virtual Console title for anyone with a Wii U here.

Those unable to find stuff in their local stores might want to check Dick Smith Online, before their website implodes. They've already sold out of a number of items there (including consoles), but there's still some games and accessories up.

Gazunta

Just rang my local DS and got a 32GB Wii U put aside for me.

Now to ask the wife if I can get it lolol marriage amiright

Be a man and tell her
you'll make her dinner for a week and it lets you play games while she can watch TV and it has co-op and so you can spend time together and it's fun and oh yeah I love you and stuff and here's some flowers
, dammit.

Also does this include the 3DS? Because... Hmm...

So uh games?

Edit: oops double!

Currently available exclusives that are worth a look if you are in to their particular thing:

Earthbound (Virtual Console)
Lego City Undercover
Nano Assault Neo (eShop)
New Super Mario Bros. U/New Super Luigi U
Nintendo Land
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
Zombi U

Stuff coming out in the new few months:
Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze
Sonic Lost World
Super Mario 3D World

Deeku

man i was really bummed that im missing out on this cheapass wiiu, but seeing that list of worth playing games makes me feel slightly less bummed

senahorse

Nothing like a video game fire sale to get you in trouble at home :D

wiifs_zps98936809.jpg~original

Yeah I still regret buying the WiiU. Eventually there will be enough of a library for me to feel comfortable though, just that it's Wii2 for me at the moment.

The 3rd party Pro controller is a bit shit apparently. You can buy the official one off eBay brand new for $35 anyway.

Arksy

Yeah I still regret buying the WiiU. Eventually there will be enough of a library for me to feel comfortable though, just that it's Wii2 for me at the moment.

The 3rd party Pro controller is a bit shit apparently. You can buy the official one off eBay brand new for $35 anyway.

Oh. Awesome. How about MH3U?

Should only take 3-4 hours. Heh.

Have a VideoEzy nearby? Jurassic Park Trilogy Blu Ray set for $9

Oh. Awesome. How about MH3U?

Apparently it's good. I'm not a fan of those kinds of games though TBH. :)

ZombiU is a great use of the gimmick, if you grab it for under $30 it's totally worth it.

Kritz

Banned
Even at $200 I know that it's not worth it for me. None of the games, upcoming or existing, on that platform look like anything I'd even remotely care to play. If you like those games, more power to you. But I'd rather buy two copies of Fable 3.

legend166

Any chance of DSE stores having games left? I got my brother to check when he picked up the system and the one at North Sydney only have CODBLOPS 2 and Zombie U.

I thought about doing the ring around to get a wii u. Thankfully common sense kicked in, and I don't have the time for another console. I haven't even gotten Trevor on gtav yet ffs.

also having no games didn't help it's cause

Best month of
sleeping on the couch, probably bricked up in your mancave with the router switched off and the only food and water being the chamberpot
you'll ever spend.

FUME5

I've got the 3DS version of MonHun 3 so I'm good. I'm sure I'll regret not owning one when Bayo 2 rolls around.
But they'll probably be even cheaper by then

Any chance of DSE stores having games left? I got my brother to check when he picked up the system and the one at North Sydney only have CODBLOPS 2 and Zombie U.
Any games? High. Games you want? Very low.
Just the multiplat stuff left I expect. I'm thankful I grabbed NSMBU though. Mother in law checked another store for me, nothing but multiplats.

I thought about doing the ring around to get a wii u. Thankfully common sense kicked in, and I don't have the time for another console. I haven't even gotten Trevor on gtav yet ffs.

also having no games didn't help it's cause

WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE MANNNNNNNNNNNNN

Go home sick, enjoy the best character in the game.

Gazunta

Cooler heads have prevailed.

Actually to be more accurate, me remembering that my TV currently has no working HDMI port (which has also seen the 360 gathering dust for the last few months) means that I'd just be using it on the GamePad
and uh I already have a 3DS thanks.

So if anyone in Brisbane southside is after the Premium I still have one on hold that you can claim, PM me

Besides, looks like they haven't got C64 emulators working on the GamePad yet so I can wait

bomma_man

Got a basic and Nintyland for $204. Don't imagine I'll be downloading much apart from VC and indie games so space shouldn't be much of a problem.

I have absolutely no enthusiasm to play the thing though, not with GTA in my PS3 and Last of Us on the way.

Cooler heads have prevailed.

Actually to be more accurate, me remembering that my TV currently has no working HDMI port (which has also seen the 360 gathering dust for the last few months) means that I'd just be using it on the GamePad
and uh I already have a 3DS thanks.

So if anyone in Brisbane southside is after one I still have one on hold that you can claim, PM me

Besides, looks like they haven't got C64 emulators working on the GamePad yet so I can wait

I really think you're be surprised how useful the off-TV mode is when someone else watching the telly, or you're HDMI-less. Don't you have Wii component cables? (this assumes this actually works- I have no idea)

also, I do recall seeing Giana Sisters somewhere on the eshop. can't remember if it was 3DS or Wii U or both.
It's only a pity that the Lego Crackdown City doesn't use Off TV remote. Also don't you have enough c64 emulators on your DS, Wii, PC, Phone, iPad, etc?

back to GTAV

Dryk

I bought the $400 Monster Hunter Bundle last week ;_;

Considering heading back to Rundle Mall to rummage through the games and accessories though

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
this makes my little heart happy.

Things you kids should do:

• Browse the internet on your wiiu, try twitch! its awesome
  • get lego city undercover if you want some more gta action
  • buy earthbound
  • keep an eye out on the store, nintendo puts up 30cent old games every now and again, super metroid, fzero snes etc

Top Bottom