• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Arksy

Is it going to have Liberal Party stickers on it Arksy?

Hehe

Liberal Party? What am I? A sucker?

images

WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE MANNNNNNNNNNNNN

Go home sick, enjoy the best character in the game.

I ask myself that question everyday.

Funnily enough I was chatting with a work mate this morning about gta and he said I should take a sickie when I mentioned I hadn't even unlocked Trevor yet.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
That was a promotion for the Famicom's 30th anniversary that had a specific schedule and is now over.

oh what :( i was just checking the store all the time. sigh i wonder what games i missed out on!

What's a good showcase game for the Wii U? One that looks nice and has good gamepad functionality?

Nintendo lands not bad at all!

other than that.. hmm.. I found Lego City quite good, mainly just maps etc, but later on you unlock scanners that you hold the gamepad up and look around the place with.

i've not tried too many other games though

Arksy

My post-purchase justification for the Wii U is that Bayonetta 2 is coming along with the undoubtedly strong first party lineup.....and also I can use it as a platform to play all the Wii games I never played because I never had a Wii of my own...

SMG, Zelda, etc.

Jintor

My post-purchase justification for the Wii U is that Bayonetta 2 is coming along with the undoubtedly strong first party lineup.....and also I can use it as a platform to play all the Wii games I never played because I never had a Wii of my own...

SMG, Zelda, etc.

We may disagree somewhat politically, Arksy, but in terms of those videogames sir we are brothers

What's a good showcase game for the Wii U? One that looks nice and has good gamepad functionality?
ZombiU I guess. Maybe Lego Undercover by the sound of it.

I ask myself that question everyday.

Funnily enough I was chatting with a work mate this morning about gta and he said I should take a sickie when I mentioned I hadn't even unlocked Trevor yet.

Everything before Trevor is high quality, GTA styled stuff. Once you hit Trevor though the gloves come off and shit gets real in every aspect of the experience.

Also thought Los Santos was maybe 10-20% too small. I mean, it's still big but didn't feel like a massive city, you move through suburbs way too fast for it to really envelop you in that experience unlike GTA SA. The county stuff is amazing though, they nailed that.

Arksy

We may disagree somewhat politically, Arksy, but in terms of those videogames sir we are brothers

Ha. I should go raid the nearest cash converters for some Wii classics!

Got any suggestions?

I need to also get a sensor bar and a Wiimote.

Got any suggestions?

Should come with a sensor bar, the Premium one at least does. You can get Wiimote Plus with a nunchuck from eBay for like $20 posted locally.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

Got any suggestions?

any hints on preferred genres?

otherwise:

super mario galaxy 1/2
xenoblade
skyward sword
smash brawl,
metroid prime 3,

Jintor

Got any suggestions?

Xenoblade is a pretty great way to kill like a hundred hours and has one of the best OSTs I've ever heard. Skyward Sword is pretty good. I also liked No More Heroes and NMH2. I've yet to play some of the true classics though - Metroid Trilogy HD and Galaxy 1 and 2, for instance...

legend166

Can you still do Wii homebrew on the Wii U? I've got some US region Wii games like Metroid Prime Trilogy that I don't want to have to drag out the Wii to play.

Stackboy

I'm not even willing to bite on a WiiU at $200.

I don't understand why you guys are eating all this chum that Nintendo is throwing into the water YOU SHARKS.

Omikron

I don't understand why you guys are eating all this chum that Nintendo is throwing into the water YOU SHARKS.
Maybe they figure it will be a collector's item, or historical anomaly with how little it has sold.

Jintor

I'm considering it because I'll want to play Bayo 2 and W101 and maybe Pikmin? And Wind Waker HD. And Earthbound.

You buy the hardware for da games

Rezbit

I buckled, I lack discipline :(. Basic with Nintendoland for me. Got the second last one I think.

But I also really like Nintendo games, I grew up on that shiz, so it'll pretty much be Gamecube 2 for me.

Shandy

Nintendo severely overestimates the amount of time I'm willing to hold a tablet for. The Deluxe would have to be sub-200 for me to be tempted. Maybe after Bayonetta 2's first Christmas, whenever that is. I assume next year.

I was looking to see if Dick Smith had a stock checker, so I could tell people who might be interested (I don't think I know anyone who might be interested, poor Nintendo) where the best luck would be, but my eye was caught by the Vita. I'm seriously considering one, but those memory card prices! Sony plz. D;

Pikmin 3's environments are pretty gorgeous, and it makes good use of the Gamepad in combination with the Remote/Nunchuck (dunno how it is when played with just it).

oh what :( i was just checking the store all the time. sigh i wonder what games i missed out on!

Yep :(

Got any suggestions?

As rep mentioned, the Premium Wii U comes with a sensor bar so you'll just need to worry about the Remote/Nunchuck/CCP. In terms of Wii games:

Quoting myself from a thread about Wii games earlier in the year with stuff I think is worth playing or at least looking in to to see if it might be your thing, with a couple it's probably best to avoid:

Kickin' Rad Tier
Another Code: R – A Journey into Lost Memories
A Boy and His Blob
Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
The House of the Dead: Overkill
Kirby's Adventure Wii
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Mario Kart Wii
NBA Jam
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Punch-Out!!
Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies
Sonic Colors
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wario Land: Shake It!
Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
Xenoblade Chronicles

Pretty Cool Tier
Boom Street
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Excite Truck/Excite Bots
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
Geometry Wars: Galaxies
Grand Slam Tennis
Ivy the Kiwi?
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Little King's Story
Mario Strikers Charged Football
The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces

Flawed But Interesting Tier
Castlevania Judgement
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
MadWorld
Metroid Other M
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Pandora's Tower
Red Steel 2
Super Paper Mario

Compilation Tier
The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return
Kirby's Dream Collection
Mad Dog McCree Gunslinger Pack
Metal Slug Anthology
Metroid Prime Trilogy

Neat Licensed Tier
Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo
GoldenEye 007
Kamen Rider: Super Climax Heroes

Pinball Tier
Gottlieb Pinball Classics
Williams Pinball Classics

Remake Tier
Klonoa
Project Zero 2: Wii Edition
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Digital Tier
Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth
Excitebike World Challenge

Waiting on the Fan Translation Tier
Captain Rainbow

Disappointment of the Generation Tier
Epic Mickey
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams

Since then I've finally gotten around to playing Tatsunoko vs Capcom which is a kind of proto-Marvel vs Capcom 3 with characters from Tatsunoko Productions anime studio instead of Marvel. Very much worth a look if you like Capcom fighters.

Few others that are meant to be okay that I haven't played yet: A Shadow's Tale (RIP in peace Hudson), Battalion Wars 2, Disaster Day of Crisis.

Can you still do Wii homebrew on the Wii U? I've got some US region Wii games like Metroid Prime Trilogy that I don't want to have to drag out the Wii to play.

I believe the existing exploits still work in Wii Mode. Haven't tried it myself though 'cause I haven't wanted to play anything I need GeckoOS for since hooking the Wii U up.

senahorse

As Jambo said, I like Nintendo games, I just wasn't willing to shell out full price for primarily just Nintendo games.

Is twilight princess still worth playing?

I haven't played it since release, but I really liked it at the time. Starts a little slow and the overworld is a bit sparse in places but the dungeon design is really good. Got the usual split "best/worth thing ever" Zelda reactions but at worst it was a solid iteration of the Zelda formula.

Probably worth a look.

Eh, not really. An 8.8 at best.

Heh

Aint even mad!

got all of them except punchout and baloon fight

Managed to get the good ones, then. Except Punch-Out.

Arksy

So yeah. I bought GTA V the other day and put it aside to play once I got all my shit in order...and now I can't find it. :(

Dryk

Reading that list is making me realise that even though I have a giant pile of fun Wii games I missed out on tons

Few others that are meant to be okay that I haven't played yet: A Shadow's Tale (RIP in peace Hudson), Battalion Wars 2, Disaster Day of Crisis.
Picked up Disaster, Deadly Creatures and Little King's Story for $30 at JB once upon a time. They're all pretty good.

Disaster is like a bunch of mediocre games were put in a blender with a copy of Die Hard and a box set of 90s disaster movies and something weirdly engaging popped out.

Shaneus

So I've just come into this thread a little late... can that Wii U premium pad be used on anything other than a Wii U? It looks like it might be orright for PC.

Top Bottom