• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Dryk

The Pro Controller can, it's just Bluetooth afaik.
One guy has managed to get the Gamepad working on PC by opening the Wii U webbrowser to a page running custom scripts and feeding the inputs back to the PC. A nasty workaround but a workaround nonetheless.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/05/wii-u-gamepad-as-a-pc-controller/

Yeah just looked it up. Apparently it doesn't have any analogue triggers though.
The worst thing about the last few Nintendo controllers has been the lack of analogue triggers. I can sort of forgive the silly stick placement but the triggers? Blegh. I'm still going to get a bluetooth dongle to connect the pro controller to my PC but I won't be the one using it.

legend166

NSMBU is fun, but not allowing you to use the GamePad to control a character in multiplayer is just a ridiculously bad design decision.

vanty

So I haven't posted here in like a bazillion years thanks to those damn Korean girls but just letting you goobers know that Fox Sports will be showing 4 (2 live 2 delay) games each from La Liga and Serie A starting this weekend. Pretty pretty pretty good.

By the way is the Steam chat thing still going on?

jambo

RkuMUSch.jpg

Score!

Jintor

jelly. Wish I had a spare two and a half hundo lying around. My hope is that by next year the price will drop like mad even more. Wii Us are region-locked right?

Jintor

diiiiiiiiicks

Probably still worth getting an AU one... it's not like I'm already not buying most of my games through the UK

Rlan

Got me a Wii U basic pack as well from Dick Smiths, along with Pikmin 3, which I got for $68 at Big W (seems to be the cheapest place to get it outside of waiting a month via ozgameshop)

Now trying to find the cheapest way to get Super Mario Bros U.

jambo

jelly. Wish I had a spare two and a half hundo lying around. My hope is that by next year the price will drop like mad even more. Wii Us are region-locked right?

I got paid today plus tax return.

Great timing on the part of Dick Smiths =D

Clipper

So, thanks to everybody that just played in our first AusGAF Edge of the Empire session.

Sorry if it went on a bit long, but I wanted to get through at least one combat encounter and you guys managed to totally avoid the combat in the cantina, which surprised me.

The highlight of the night would have to be the story of the Street Toughs. After one of the PCs blew in the door to the warehouse, they were quickly attacked by Aniseed's Trandoshan wielding a large vibro ax. He took a swing, but they dodged. They then swung back and also missed, but forced the Trandoshan to slip and fall flat on his face. The Trandoshan got back up and swung at them, missing once again, but cleaving their knives in half. At this point, Shanshan's Bounty Hunter, clearly bored by this comedic trade of failed blows, shot into the melee with a volley of blasts from her blaster rifle. She somehow managed to take down all three Street Toughs with one attack; one magic laser blast indeed!

Danoss

So, thanks to everybody that just played in our first AusGAF Edge of the Empire session.

Poor Snoo. He didn't even get to buy a drink with the credits he earned. No one would give us the time of day, but he did and of course there was a price and he was reasonable about it during negotiations. In return he was at risk of violence or death and was lucky to escape with his life, even after he helped us out with that threat looming over his head.

I fear for anyone that encounters this party. Hinder us and we'll kill you, help us and we'll at least mug you.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Got me a Wii U basic pack as well from Dick Smiths, along with Pikmin 3, which I got for $68 at Big W (seems to be the cheapest place to get it outside of waiting a month via ozgameshop)

Now trying to find the cheapest way to get Super Mario Bros U.

Yup what reptilescorpio said.

hamchan

Just spent half an hour mashing the X button without stopping doing the triathlon in GTA V.

79% through the game. Will try and 100%. Though it looks like you don't need to do everything to actually get 100%, going by the checklist on the social club.

Clipper

Poor Snoo. He didn't even get to buy a drink with the credits he earned. No one would give us the time of day, but he did and of course there was a price and he was reasonable about it during negotiations. In return he was at risk of violence or death and was lucky to escape with his life, even after he helped us out with that threat looming over his head.

I fear for anyone that encounters this party. Hinder us and we'll kill you, help us and we'll at least mug you.

I was thinking about this and I think and I think I have figured out the appropriate in-universe response to wanton acts of violence or destruction against the innocent. The clear result of this would be an application of Obligation of the Crime variety to local authorities.

Thanks for spamming my inventory with 10 Train Simulator DLC coupons Steam.
Actually that was sarcasm.
Stop doing it.
I can't even get rid of these stupid outdated Toki Tori ones.

No surprise, As I said, Its just steam with big picture mode on top of ubuntu.
I think it's a little more than that. Potentially better drivers and a UI that gets in the way much less than the Ubuntu one. I don't think they want you to get booted to the Ubuntu desktop and then have to launch Steam so they'll replace (or at the very least strip down and reskin) the Ubuntu desktop with their own. Given it's all open source it may make it upstream into the main branch of Ubuntu anyways.

Starting to irritate the shit out of me that my clients are getting more and more dangerous while the local courts get more and more lenient. Although the courts say their hands are tied due to all the jails being full. I need to get out of this fucking town.

I suppose I should get some games for this Wii U I found sitting by a dumpster out the back of Dick Smith.

Wonderful 101 for $60 from Might Ape. Tempting.

I need to go raiding some Dick Smith stores. Gotta get a copy of Zombi U from somewhere. I'm surprised the Pro Controller is going for $25 on Ebay from a few people.

I can't believe they are still charging $70 for NSMBU. This is what pisses me off about first party Nintendo games!

jambo

Wii U name is jambowned (stupid 6 character minimum)

Isn't that basically a mission pack with less content that NSMBU?

If so, that price is a kick in the teeth as well.

It has 82 new time trial courses and it's stand-alone, so I think they're using that to justify jacking up the price.

It has 82 new time trial courses and it's stand-alone, so I think they're using that to justify jacking up the price.

82 courses is pretty good. I didn't think it was that substantial. I'll definitely be picking both up at some stage... when the price is right ;)

I agree with Omi though. I am totally spoilt by PC gaming so I'm highly resistant to going back to console game prices. Most console games can be had on the cheap after a few months, but first party Nintendo games rarely drop below half price even years after release.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think it's a little more than that. Potentially better drivers and a UI that gets in the way much less than the Ubuntu one. I don't think they want you to get booted to the Ubuntu desktop and then have to launch Steam so they'll replace (or at the very least strip down and reskin) the Ubuntu desktop with their own. Given it's all open source it may make it upstream into the main branch of Ubuntu anyways.

I don't think they have done that much to it to be honest. It may change over time, But it feels like everything will happen within big picture mode, all the spotify, netflix and stuff will be launched within that.

It's their "console" OS i guess you could say, There's stuff behind the hood but all you're going to really see is big picture. If you want to quit and go back to the desktop then that's an option.

That price is for the "limited" (how limited? Probably not very really, but they're running with that anyway) standalone physical run of Weegee. The NSMBU DLC version is $30, which I don't think is bad for an expansion pack that replaces every level in the game. The stages are shorter, but they're tougher too. Luigi also has his Super Mario Bros. 2 style low traction, high floaty jump physics. My only real complaint is that they recycled the bosses instead of designing new fights.

I got the boxed version from OGS for $45.99 at release (think it's a couple bucks more there now) and was pretty happy with it.

That price is for the "limited" (how limited? Probably not very really, but they're running with that anyway) standalone physical run of Weegee. The NSMBU DLC version is $30, which I don't think is bad for an expansion pack that replaces every level in the game. The stages are shorter, but they're tougher too. Luigi also has his Super Mario Bros. 2 style low traction, high floaty jump physics. My only real complaint is that they recycled the bosses instead of designing new fights.

$30 is a decent price, especially when you consider that a full priced XBLA game is $20 and would have less content. I'm kind of afraid to dip my toes into digital purchases on Nintendo platforms though.

jambo

My only issue is that I want to stay away from eShop purchases that are anything more than a few bucks until Nintendo sort out their account system.

Starting to irritate the shit out of me that my clients are getting more and more dangerous while the local courts get more and more lenient. Although the courts say their hands are tied due to all the jails being full. I need to get out of this fucking town.

What do you for work out of curiosity?

Public housing.

$30 is a decent price, especially when you consider that a full priced XBLA game is $20 and would have less content. I'm kind of afraid to dip my toes into digital purchases on Nintendo platforms though.
The digital version requires the NSMBU disc in the drive to run though don't forget! Not standalone!

Top Bottom