• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Happy birthday Shan. You may feel old at 21 but you're still the youngest one on the forum, so that's something to feel good about I guess?

Now I feel old. :(

Not as old as Shaneus though :p

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Looks nice. Up to 75Hz? Personally I'm a little worried about getting a 2560x1440 monitor because I don't want to have to upgrade my video card so often and I don't have the space for dual monitor right at the moment.

I think it will go with my upgrade, so a whatever and probably a AMD R290X.

I know what you mean and i've never been one to worry about if i can play it at ultra quality at 60fps. If I have to play on medium then so be it.

I think it's just time to upgrade from a 24" TN. 4K is an idea but NOOOOPPPPEE, that won't be a legit idea for another 4+ years I would think.

senahorse

Yo Aus-GAF, question. I'm in the market for a new laptop. Haven't decided on a model yet, but likely ASUS or HP. What is a good (cheap/reputable) site to buy from?

I just ordered a Surface Pro 2 (256GB model), the only real downside of it is the screen size, at 10.6" you probably want to use an external monitor if it's going to be your main machine.

edit: happy birthday shan, now you can slowly devolve into madness like the rest of us old folk.

Fredescu

I think it's just time to upgrade from a 24" TN.

Fair enough, should be a sweet upgrade. I moved my PC to my TN monitor for a couple of days and it was kind of difficult to deal with. I find downgrading more jarring than upgrading, which is a worry.

It's while I try not to get too audiophile with speakers. Once you're used to a certain quality level it can be very hard to go back. The benefits for upgrading never seem so stark until you're forced to downgrade again.

Fredescu

Yo Aus-GAF, question. I'm in the market for a new laptop. Haven't decided on a model yet, but likely ASUS or HP. What is a good (cheap/reputable) site to buy from?

The two most reputable enthusiast laptop vendors are http://www.logicalblueone.com.au/store/ and http://www.affordablelaptops.com.au/

If you're just after something cheap http://flingshot.com.au/computers.html and http://www.onlinecomputer.com.au/ have some good prices.

If you settle on something like a HP, you could use http://staticice.com.au/ to find a good price and maybe price match with Officeworks.

Pfft midlife crisis. Buy one regardless. I'm dead serious when I say if you pick even remotely carefully, a machine will at least hold it's value. Don't get anything new ($6,000+), don't get anything that requires "work" and don't buy something solely on the theme (because it's usually the worst IPs that make the best games).
Edit: Rep, that battery still available online? The link you linked doesn't accept any orders :/

I'll pass those notes on to the boss. See if she'll let me lol.

Gazunta

I am counting the days until I buy my Surface Pro 2. Can't wait!

I'm going to be able to be productive during my lunch breaks, it's going to be fantastic.

Just spent half an hour trying to make anything approaching usable on my iPad. I love it to bits but good lord that thing's garbage for art production.

x3no5, where did you order yours from?

lol don't start a digital blackmarket if you are going to leave a digital trail back to yourself

Also MS with their head in clouds again
GameRevolution said:
The 360, in NA and in Europe, it was very popular. But in Japan, it sold less than 2 million in its whole life so far. What did MS Japan learn from that that will make Xbox One do better?
XboxJPN Marketing Director said:
Well, we are not publicly announcing about the shipment or install base numbers about the 360 in Japan, so I cannot say yes or no to your less than 2 million thing. But, I wouldn't say that Xbox 360 sales were low. An individual user is very important to us, so even though the numbers might not be as high as some other systems, we will continue to show support to Japan.

senahorse

I am counting the days until I buy my Surface Pro 2. Can't wait!

I'm going to be able to be productive during my lunch breaks, it's going to be fantastic.

Just spent half an hour trying to make anything approaching usable on my iPad. I love it to bits but good lord that thing's garbage for art production.

x3no5, where did you order yours from?

Harvey Norman, they were the first (apart from MS store) to have it up. I prefer being able to return it to a bricks and mortar store if I need to. I am getting mine more for the constant note taking (hand write something, convert to text, save to cloud) I am having to do. Plus to have something small and portable to use for field work, also having Steam on there and being able to play some indie games can't be a bad thing :)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Does anything think, Uncharted should have been, in a similar way to AC, in that each game followed a different character, story, setting?

Instead of it always being drake.

That could have been interesting but now we will get uncharted drake #4. He is cool and all but they could have really made that "Franchise" something more interesting than it is.

r1chard

Funnily enough I just played through UC3 thanks to the PS+ freebie. I was quite unimpressed - it seemed quite a step down from UC2 in many places, though there were still some things they didn't fix from UC2 as well. In the end I turned the difficult down to easy-peasy so I could get through the tedious battles faster. I just wish that I could've done the same for the it's-getting-boring-now wall climbing.

Uncharted is Drake. Drake is Uncharted.

People loves AssCree as it was a holiday simulation. You get to go to these awesome places and explore.

Uncharted on the other hand is a spiritual follow up to Indiana Jones. And Indiana Jones needs Indy. It's an adventure story about the journey and the experiences of these people.

Still waiting on AssCree Japan Ubisoft!

I loathe the gun battles in the Uncharted series. I'd like those game so much better if there was minimal shooting and it was more about puzzles, climbing and exploring.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fair enough, should be a sweet upgrade. I moved my PC to my TN monitor for a couple of days and it was kind of difficult to deal with. I find downgrading more jarring than upgrading, which is a worry.

It's while I try not to get too audiophile with speakers. Once you're used to a certain quality level it can be very hard to go back. The benefits for upgrading never seem so stark until you're forced to downgrade again.

It's about $867 from a supplier at work. Sooo I don't know what the fuck to do, If i should buy it as it's the suggested top IPS gaming monitor around or wait for .. something.

I do have next week off and I should probably spend my money more instead of being scrooge mcduck.

I loathe the gun battles in the Uncharted series. I'd like those game so much better if there was minimal shooting and it was more about puzzles, climbing and exploring.

The problem is the puzzles, climbing and exploration are a bit shit. The puzzles are very simple, thie climbing is practically automated, and while the environments are nice there isn't a whole lot of actual exploration.

Sounds like you want the original Tomb Raider. And who can blame you? That game was tops!

hamchan

Does anything think, Uncharted should have been, in a similar way to AC, in that each game followed a different character, story, setting?

Instead of it always being drake.

That could have been interesting but now we will get uncharted drake #4. He is cool and all but they could have really made that "Franchise" something more interesting than it is.

Who said we'll get Nathan Drake 4?

Maybe we'll get Drake Jr voiced by Shia LeBeouf.

Sounds like you want the original Tomb Raider. And who can blame you? That game was tops!

I had major rose tinted glasses with that one. Tried replaying it a few months back and it was fucking painful. It was impressive from a graphics standpoint I recall but man, it was a bit messy to play.

I had major rose tinted glasses with that one. Tried replaying it a few months back and it was fucking painful. It was impressive from a graphics standpoint I recall but man, it was a bit messy to play.

I don't care to find out myself! I imagine the controls are a nightmare. Probably best viewed as an update of the original Prince of Persia style of gaming. Still, the music, puzzles and atmosphere should still be somewhat intact right?

Fredescu

It's about $867 from a supplier at work. Sooo I don't know what the fuck to do, If i should buy it as it's the suggested top IPS gaming monitor around or wait for .. something.

I do have next week off and I should probably spend my money more instead of being scrooge mcduck.

Do it! Buy buy buy.

r1chard

Wait, so I got AssCreed3 from PS+ ... should I play either of the two preceding it before playing it?

Edit: they were going to kill NBN anyway; Ziggy's just their best guy to do it. Unless you were relying on false Turnbull-is-actually-a-sensible-guy hopes...

jambo

Wait, so I got AssCreed3 from PS+ ... should I play either of the two preceding it before playing it?

AC3 is joined to the previous ones in term of storyline, and it's also the worst one so far.

If I were you I'd start with AC2 and probably finish with Brotherhood.

Who else is keen to see Gravity? Children of Men was fantastic, and I've been waiting years for this.

I'm not usually big on seeing films at the cinema, but there's a couple of movies out at the moment (or soon) that I want to see; Gravity being one of them. I was also a fan of Children of Men, though I don't like Sandra Bullock.

Rush and Prisoners are the other two I'm pretty interested in.

Top Bottom