• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

What a crock of fucking bullshit fuck.

Anything can happen in AllDrive. That's the key innovation with this game. You don't have single-player, co-op or multiplayer. It just happens seamlessly. I could be playing the game, setting a time, and all of a sudden you could come into that world, and you could be carrying AI, I could be carrying AI, and all of a sudden, on that screen, there are a lot of cars. We always have to budget for the worst case scenario. So in this case we've prioritised the gameplay, because we think 30fps is giving a satisfactory experience.

1972 called, they said you can use their FUCKING OFFLINE MODE YOU STUPID FUCKS.

Not yelling at the peon, this ain't his decision. He has to lie through his teeth otherwise EA will fire his ass.

senahorse

What a crock of fucking bullshit fuck.

1972 called, they said you can use their FUCKING OFFLINE MODE YOU STUPID FUCKS.

Not yelling at the peon, this ain't his decision. He has to lie through his teeth otherwise EA will fire his ass.

They pulled the same bullshit with Sim City, it needs to be a small city and online because of the complex algorithms following the methods of the individuals. Then we found out there was no method at all...

kurtzbrando3.jpg

lexi

Banned
30fps does not belong in gaming in 2013 and beyond.

If I was reviewing games I'd mark 5 points off for being 30fps and 5 points off for being sub-native res.

GTA5 0/10

jambo

I just added a bunch of 3DS friend codes for people on Steam/IRC chat.

Anyone not in there who has a friend code handy?

Mine is hiding in my post.

Fredescu

Racing games in particular benefit from higher framerates because they give a better sense of speed. I can enjoy a game despite it, Split/Second was capped at 30fps on PC too, but an NFS game when a few past iterations have been good at 60fps or higher, I can't see how you'd fail to understand the disappointment with that.

In short, yes, monster.

senahorse

I can definitely put up with it, I played through most of (still have a handful of missions to go) GTAV with its abysmal framerate after all, but it's a console game so you sort of expect games to be sub 60fps for the most part.

Omikron

I've never understood gamer sadness with a game running at 30fps. It looks fine to me am I a MONSTER?
If you aren't used to a superior product, sure.

It's like those people who can't taste the difference between low fat and full cream milk. Weird bunch.

Skim milk likers should be treated like boat people. By that I mean subhuman trash not welcome in this country. It's not hard to get 60 frames in spreadsheets, so I can understand how you'd be used to it by now.

Frame rates don't bother me, though. I'd rather have excellent art design and 30 frames than 60 frame blandsville.

But like people have said, it's all subjective. I get why it's important for people, it just isn't for me.

I had a N64. 30fps is fine for me.

Hey I popped into a driving school to take a written test (they do that shit through driving schools in Washington) and 30 minutes later I had a spur of the moment diving test.

When we finished, the instructor says (and I'm paraphrasing), "Well, you fucked this up, you fucked that up, what were you think with that boner move, you really fucked that up. Congratulations, you got 83% and passed."

I celebrated by purchasing a Les Paul. A really nice one.

GTAV- the dialogue where Franklin is following the dog (not Chop). oh jeez!

Port to vita pls. Death to bubbles.
No idea what happened there. PSP had XMB! Sony should have gone the same way with Vita, just with the similar social approach they are doing with the PS4. Best of both worlds!

Vita is considered a long term peripheral for PS4 so hopefully they end up changing up the UI.

If you aren't used to a superior product, sure.

It's like those people who can't taste the difference between low fat and full cream milk. Weird bunch.
As someone who grew up on a farm I will say your commerical low fat/full fat milks taste very similar to me. Tastes like water to me. Troglodytes.

Isn't that only the (admittedly top-tier) single-core of the next gen cards? Bet it gets spanked by the 7990.

IT WILL BE A COLD COLD DAY IN HELL BEFORE I RUN CROSSFIRE DUDE

NO FUCKING WAY

FUCK THAT

Top Bottom