• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Kritz

Banned
I kinda liked July for PAX because it was during uni break. And by uni break I mean first week of semester and I may have skipped an exam to go there. To bad GB probably won't come this time. Seemed like it was going to be last year or never.

Also, I find the Call of Duty pricing on Steam funny.

CoD4 - $50
WaW - $40
MW2 - $90
BLOPS 2 - $90
MW3 - $40
BLOPS - $90
Ghosts - $45

edit wait what is up with ghosts' pricing?

$45 for an... upgrade? For what?

I kinda liked July for PAX because it was during uni break. And by uni break I mean first week of semester and I may have skipped an exam to go there. To bad GB probably won't come this time. Seemed like it was going to be last year or never.

CoD4 - $50
WaW - $40
MW2 - $90
BLOPS 2 - $90
MW3 - $40
BLOPS - $90
Ghosts - $45

It's $90 for the game, $45 for the Hardened Pack

Enhance your multiplayer experience with the Call of Duty®: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition which includes an assortment of bonus digital content:

Call of Duty®: Ghosts Season Pass: Get four epic DLC Map Packs*, each delivering a collection of fresh Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer content. Plus, you'll receive the Team Leader digital content pack, a Season Pass-bonus that includes a unique MP character head, weapon camo, reticle, player patch, player card and player background, playable in-game upon purchase.
Free Fall Dynamic Bonus Map: This brand-new dynamic downloadable multiplayer map drops you into a shattered skyscraper on the brink of collapse. Frantic action is thrown into overdrive as the skyscraper continues to fall throughout the match, evolving gameplay in real-time.
Digital Hardened Edition In-Game Item Pack: Stand out from the crowd with a unique in-game player patch, player card & player background, a collection of content only available in the Digital Hardened Edition.
Ghosts Insignia Pack: Show your enemies what you stand for with an in-game Ghosts insignia player patch, player card & player background.

So basically it lets you buy the Season Pass before launch for a $15 discount on the discounted Season Pass. Once the game launches the upgrade won't be available.

You also get some stupid wank.

Console preorder shit coming to digital preorder shit etc.

At the moment I intend on doing GDC and PAX Prime in 2014. I have been thinking about the Valve thing in January. Unless it turns out to be all about programmers.

I have started watching Archer on Netflix. It is good. Also Netflix also seems to be a lot better quality on the PS3 than on my laptop using a browser (apart from the first 20-30 seconds of jagginess)

Fredescu

"It's probabaly the most serious fire risk we've faced since the early 2000s," Deputy RFS Commissioner Rob Rogers.

"If we get through with less than 100 homes destroyed today, we have been lucky," - NSW RFS Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons.

"October" - Calendar

Jintor

Ever since that 'actually good fanfiction' thread I've been reluctant to just dismiss fanfic because it had a pretty entertaining Hellblazer x Harry Potter fic in there.

Man having red light illuminating everything is really fucking weird

jambo

Ever since that 'actually good fanfiction' thread I've been reluctant to just dismiss fanfic because it had a pretty entertaining Hellblazer x Harry Potter fic in there.

Man having red light illuminating everything is really fucking weird

rWIMELc.jpg

This may interest you Fred.

ALSO I FORGOT ABOUT OCTODAD

Now I wish I had a PS4 so I could play that with my son. He would spend the entire time rolling on the floor laughing his arse off lol

Dead Man

GT5 was terrible.

I've given up on racing sims. :(

P.S: Welcome back Dead Man!

GT5 is a terrible racing sim, but it's a pretty decent driving/track day sim. PD has a lot of shit that other devs manage to do that they seem unable or unwilling to even acknowledge needs improving.

And thanks :)

CoD4 - $50
WaW - $40
MW2 - $90
BLOPS 2 - $90
MW3 - $40
BLOPS - $90
Ghosts - $45

Best one is cheapest, seems about right. ;)

Second episode of Redesign My Brain with Todd Sampson is on ABC1 in like 20 minutes, loved the first one last week.

I swear the words 'Gina Rinehart reading a newspaper with a big bell on top of my cock' were uttered!

Shaneus

You have a phone don't you? Oh well! Wait until you get home to see!
OH CHRIST ALMIGHTY IT'S SO FREAKIN' BEAUTIFUL GIVE IT TO ME NAAAOOO.
(I just realised that with my monitor stand, I can totally 'tate my monitor for 2D shmups)

Any idea on how it got on Steam/who has the license? Where's Radiant Silvergun and Guardian Heroes and a HD remake of Gunstar Heroes?!?

What we really need is WipEout HD 2
What we really, really need is for Sony to have not fucking shut down Studio Liverpool, the daft fucking cunts.

So, I know when and where PAX AU 2014 will be held, but I can't disclose that information, not now.

Only thing I can say - It's not going to be in july nor at the showgrounds.
It had better not fucking be in March (aka the month I have in 2014 when I'm actually doing shit).

But then I remembered that I don't really, REALLY care if I don't go this year. It'll be more for the others who go (hi AusGAF!) and not for the things that are on.

PS. Stay safe, NSWers. I literally have no idea other than what I've read on this page (not even clicked the links) but it sounds like fires and it sounds not good :(

PPS. On watching that trailer for the Ikaruga Greenlight thing, it comes back to me that I bought it on the 360 but rarely played it. So as it turns out (as per pretty fucking every other purchase I've ever made) I like the idea of playing something more that I actually like playing it.

Jintor

Btw Shaneus the latest Idle Thumbs is out and they were joking about Steve's podcast and the upcoming guest "Cl.... air H. Downing" and "rolling down a hill" so I think your supposition is likely correct

mandiller

news.com.au bullshit

Want a prime minister who thinks 'climate change is crap'? This is the reality of that situation. Deal with it.

That's below the line for Adam Bandt. It's a pretty cheap political tactic that both sides of politics frown upon. Tony Abbott didn't cause those fires, nor did climate change. Climate Change just means that in the future there is likely to be more fires. Fires happen with or without climate change.

Exploiting a disaster to promote a political end is just wrong.

Everyone already knows Climate Change doesn't exist Mandiller. Tony said so.

OH CHRIST ALMIGHTY IT'S SO FREAKIN' BEAUTIFUL GIVE IT TO ME NAAAOOO.
(I just realised that with my monitor stand, I can totally 'tate my monitor for 2D shmups)

Any idea on how it got on Steam/who has the license? Where's Radiant Silvergun and Guardian Heroes and a HD remake of Gunstar Heroes?!?
OH FUCK I CAN DO THAT TOO! Damn that would look amazing too.

Anyway, Treasure did a 360 port which also got ported for NESiCAxLive so reworking it for Steam should be pretty straight forward since I am fairly certain NESiCAxLive is x86 based.

Pretty sure the other 2 didn't get ports but if Ikaruga sell well it would be fucking stupid for Treasure not to port them. Basically if Treasure are still breathing in a years time I would be shocked if they don't port them.

What we really, really need is for Sony to have not fucking shut down Studio Liverpool, the daft fucking cunts.
If they were profitable Sony wouldn't have shut them down ;)

Dead Man

Great deal on 50" Panasonic Plasma.

PANASONIC 50" (127cm) Full HD Smart 3D Plasma TV TH-P50ST60A - $997 delivered.

Great for tv and movies, not so much for gaming though.

I have that one, after a week or so it was fine for gaming, some IR, but no burn in after playing FC3 on it for weeks. Stupid non translucent map/health UI showed up for a few days afterwards, but never burned in.

That's below the line for Adam Bandt. It's a pretty cheap political tactic that both sides of politics frown upon. Tony Abbott didn't cause those fires, nor did climate change. Climate Change just means that in the future there is likely to be more fires. Fires happen with or without climate change.

Exploiting a disaster to promote a political end is just wrong.

Not sure he is exploiting anything by commenting on it.

Fredescu

My Kindle refurb died after a disappointingly short amount of time. I see there is one now with a built in light which sounds pretty great. Anyone have any experience with it?

Shaneus

Anyway, Treasure did a 360 port which also got ported for NESiCAxLive so reworking it for Steam should be pretty straight forward since I am fairly certain NESiCAxLive is x86 based.

Pretty sure the other 2 didn't get ports but if Ikaruga sell well it would be fucking stupid for Treasure not to port them. Basically if Treasure are still breathing in a years time I would be shocked if they don't port them.
Radiant Silvergun on 360
Guardian Heroes on 360
and I almost forgot:
Bangai-O HD on 360

Shit, thinking about it, that's more than I figured on 360. Hopefully the others are due as well.

This is the first time I've heard of that "NESiCAxLive" thing. Looking up now. Hmm.

Edit: Oh, is that the thing that Taito were upset with because it was super easy to emulate on PC because it used a Linux OS and off-the-shelf PC parts or something?

Radiant Silvergun on 360
Guardian Heroes on 360
and I almost forgot:
Bangai-O HD on 360

Shit, thinking about it, that's more than I figured on 360. Hopefully the others are due as well.

This is the first time I've heard of that "NESiCAxLive" thing. Looking up now. Hmm.

Edit: Oh, is that the thing that Taito were upset with because it was super easy to emulate on PC because it used a Linux OS and off-the-shelf PC parts or something?
I meant they didn't get PC architecture ports recently.

And yeah.

I have that one, after a week or so it was fine for gaming, some IR, but no burn in after playing FC3 on it for weeks. Stupid non translucent map/health UI showed up for a few days afterwards, but never burned in.

Burns are a pain if you set the dynamic contrast too high, loads of complaints on that front. But the real issue is the input lag, as much as 70ms on this tv.

Top Bottom