• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Gazunta

So who's coming to Supanova Brisbane? THIS IS COMING TO SUPANOVA BRISBANE

btc3print.jpg

And dayum Axiom you
we're
old.

Great deal on 50" Panasonic Plasma.

PANASONIC 50" (127cm) Full HD Smart 3D Plasma TV TH-P50ST60A - $997 delivered.

Great for tv and movies, not so much for gaming though.

That hurts... :(

Only just bought that exact TV a month ago (for about $1200ish). It is excellent though, huge step up from everything I had experienced beforehand. And it is fine for gaming, just not the best around (most of the numbers I had read don't seem very accurate?).

Ingram

Zelda__Chest_Large.jpg

I never ever preorder things and I never ever buy games from EB. But I just had to for this chest :(

Just need to decide what kinda 3DS I want. I wish I had somewhere in town to demo an XL and a 2DS :(

Deeku

Zelda__Chest_Large.jpg

I never ever preorder things and I never ever buy games from EB. But I just had to for this chest :(

Just need to decide what kinda 3DS I want. I wish I had somewhere in town to demo an XL and a 2DS :(
OHMYGOOOOOOD!!! That's like gonna play the jingle and everything, all it needs is some green led lights shining out of the chest!!

Zelda__Chest_Large.jpg

2DS seems like the easy choice since 3D isn't getting much support. Cheap too!

Also that chest looks like something you would get out of a vending machine for 79c in Japan.

...and it's official.

Driveclub delayed to early 2014, will still be free for Plus members.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/18/driveclub-update/

SHOCKING NEWS

In all seriousness, at least this means Contrast is free and Driveclub will still have a free version next year.

Biggest news for GAF is this

We’re also offering members access to an exclusive “Open Weekend” trial of Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer on December 28-29

Free MP weekends like they do on Steam? Megaton.

Shaneus

Hey, awesome game of football tonight btw. You people really should watch the A-League. It is on every Friday night on SBS2 this season.
You know, I actually watched it. And enjoyed it.

I still can't believe the pathetic acting some of them put on though. Can't believe they continue to do it. And some of those decisions against Victory were a bit shit, too (according to the commentators). Glad we made it back to tie it up in the dying minutes.

Ingram

2DS seems like the easy choice since 3D isn't getting much support. Cheap too!

I saw one in person tonight behind glass at Target. It's like a direct sequel to the GBA if the DS line never existed. I kinda like the old school'iness of it. Considering I only want to play a handful of 3DS games it's probably the smarter investment for me. Also I'm pretty anal about screen quality and I love my Vita screen. The XL screen sounds like it has it's fair share of problems.

Good Guys near me has stock for $138. Not sure if I should wait for Bomba prices, it might not fail so horribly like the Micro did.

Danoss

Haven't been able to post here in what seems like ages, have been flat out for the last week or so.

The latest Bundle of Holding is the first of 3 horror bundles to hit this month and just over 33 hours remain. Lots of goodness to be had in there. Don't Rest Your Head is like Dark City the RPG, Dread is a brilliant game that substitutes dice for a Jenga tower and it's clever as hell once you think about how they use it. Murderous Ghosts is in there as well as a brand new scenario never seen before and the base one is so rad and only 2 players needed. I am all over this one, even though I already have quite a few of these.

In sad news, I had to shave my beard. I'll be trying my hand at (badly) painting some miniatures and airbrushing primers and acrylics is dangerous to your health, so I need to use a respirator. Unfortunately the respirator can't form an airtight seal where there is facial hair longer than some decent stubble and, since I value my health and having lungs without plastic in them, a sacrifice had to be made. It feels weird and I look weird, but at least it will grow back.

Also, happy birthday to those that I missed. And welcome back Dead Man! Glad you weren't gone for long.

Axiom

I'm seriously considering putting off my PS4 purchase for the 3DS.

Problem is that once Infamous comes out I'll know I'll regret not having a PS4 and it's not like it'll be any cheaper by that point

Between this and Hearthstone, I've been spending a lot of time lately thinking about games I can't play

Shaneus

You should be more descriptive in your linking :p Some Game store in Bumfuck UK is saying all digital content bought on PS3 can be played on PS4. Obviously not true.

You should be more descriptive in your linking :p Some Game store in Bumfuck UK is saying all digital content bought on PS3 can be played on PS4. Obviously not true.

How could I be more descriptive? The store is GAME ffs!

And it was from a meeting with Sony today.

Seems mainly to be a miscommunication through Twitter. The big news was that Gaikai will be coming to the UK in 2014 after all, and that any games you bought on PSN last generation will be in your 'library' when Gaikai launches so you don't have to buy them all over again.

Zelda__Chest_Large.jpg

Aaaaah I need it.

EDIT: Weird question, but is modbot actually a bot?

So let me get this straight.

EA had 4 years, FOUR YEARS, to make a new NBA Live game. Only one next gen consoles, no current gen version, ONLY ON NEXT GEN.

Visual Concepts have been churning out NBA 2K games every 12 months (ignoring their other releases) on every platform known to man (sorry WiiU lol). Their 2K14 title is cross generational, appearing on PC/iOS/Android/PS3/PS4/360/180, CROSS GEN.

This is NBA Live.

This is NBA 2K.

Could be worse!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Wow, very nice. About time someone improved monitor tech. I assume it's proprietary though which will suck for gpu competition.

Yea, It's also done over display port and nothing else.

It's certainly an awesome idea, But like mantle, Being a proprietary technology, It might not be the awesome thing we hope it could be.

I imagine something like this in a 4k unit that can run at 60hz would be rather nice though. 4k goodness with constant smoothness above 30fps.

Danoss

I mentioned it in passing a little while ago that I picked up an error this guy made in an RPG product and, of course, told him so he could fix it. As a thank you, he said he'd put out one based on an idea of my choosing. My idea was horror themed and so I was told it would see release in October.

That time has now come and here it is.

I mentioned it in passing a little while ago that I picked up an error this guy made in an RPG product and, of course, told him so he could fix it. As a thank you, he said he'd put out one based on an idea of my choosing. My idea was horror themed and so I was told it would see release in October.

That time has now come and here it is.

Oh wow that's awesome dude!

HEY

I need a new program to edit movies as AVS only trims to the keyframes which means I can't take this flamethrower out of a scene in a movie for my son.

Any recommendations?

Dead Man

You're just not pro enough.
:(
It's my birthday today. Perfect time to quote these immortal Pink Floyd lyrics:

"So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking. Racing around to come up behind you again. The sun is the same in a relative way but your older. Shorter of breath, and one day closer to death"
Happy birthday for yesterday
It's my birthday tomorrow. My favourite part of that song:

Love Pink Floyd and Time is my favourite song. So good.
Happy birthday today
Haven't been able to post here in what seems like ages, have been flat out for the last week or so.

The latest Bundle of Holding is the first of 3 horror bundles to hit this month and just over 33 hours remain. Lots of goodness to be had in there. Don't Rest Your Head is like Dark City the RPG, Dread is a brilliant game that substitutes dice for a Jenga tower and it's clever as hell once you think about how they use it. Murderous Ghosts is in there as well as a brand new scenario never seen before and the base one is so rad and only 2 players needed. I am all over this one, even though I already have quite a few of these.

In sad news, I had to shave my beard. I'll be trying my hand at (badly) painting some miniatures and airbrushing primers and acrylics is dangerous to your health, so I need to use a respirator. Unfortunately the respirator can't form an airtight seal where there is facial hair longer than some decent stubble and, since I value my health and having lungs without plastic in them, a sacrifice had to be made. It feels weird and I look weird, but at least it will grow back.

Also, happy birthday to those that I missed. And welcome back Dead Man! Glad you weren't gone for long.
Your beard is gone? Truly it was a huge sacrifice for those figures, hope they appreciate it. And thanks :)

About 10 km from the fire front now!

2013-10-19135423.png

And then find this out! What the hell were they thinking on one of the hottest windiest days of the year. Even if it wasn't responsible it's still bloody stupid!

Defence investigates Lithgow blaze

The Department of Defence is investigating whether an explosives training exercise on Wednesday started the fire burning near Lithgow.

Defence has issued a statement saying its personnel were conducting explosive ordnance training at the Marangaroo Training Area on the day the State Mine Fire started.

It is now investigating if the two events are linked.

Defence says it will work with New South Wales fire authorities to investigate the incident once the fire has been extinguished.

NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell says Defence had been helpful dealing with the fire.

"Yesterday when in Lithgow, being briefed by the incident controller ... he told me that at one stage they stopped any aircraft flying over that area because of those exploding ordnances," he said.

Defence says its thoughts are with those affected by the fire.

Top Bottom