• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Axiom

:O Nice. Is it as fun as it looks????

It's pretty fun, especially considering I've never played a collectable card game before.

Well that's not true, a "friend" sold me a deck for $50 in high school but I failed to realise that nobody else was playing it so I never got to use it.

I really have no idea what I'm doing, but I've played a lot of WoW so that kind of helps.

bad person! is it just the texture of porridgy rice you don't like? something like a plain chicken or beef congee is kinda hard to hate on, they just taste like soup!
Don't know really. It just sort of seems like it's rice that has way too much water. It might be that I haven't had good stuff, too. I thought it would be something I like - I eat a lot of rice, I like porridge, rice pudding, soup, etc.

Speaking of food though, I am trying to get the wife into sushi but she can't stomach the idea of eating seaweed. Help.
There's always sashimi. Or you could compare the silliness of not wanting to eat a plant from the sea when I assume she's fine eating plants and fungus from the dirt, and flesh of dead animals from water and the land. That, or you'll put her off eating anything.

T25 FITNESS PROGRAM

ALRIGHT. Who's in? I'll last 90 seconds but will force myself to flop through the whole 25 minute routine.

FIRST UP IS ALPHA CARDIO

Planning on doing it tomorrow night around about 6:30pm when the little guy goes to bed so I'll post afterwards to prove I'm still alive.

Fred, yeah CX5 comes up good in most tests I've read. I have had a lot of Mazdas in my family over the years and my last car in Australia was a lovely 2005 Mazda 3 SP23.
Damnit that's my dream car! You should have sold it to me after driving it down here.

Now I'm glad I didn't go this year, cancelled plans just 2 days ago.
Was an embarrassing farce. Nice to see Lorenzo hitting his stride though, glorious to see in motion.
Black flag for Marquez was a fucking joke though. The MotoGP really do live in the stone age with their technology. He was told to pit one lap after Lorenzo rather than told 9 or 10 it seems. So when Lorenzo went in on lap 10 he assumed it was lap 9 stupidly, even Rossi nearly got fucked over as he didn't see the first board and ended up going in later than the team had planned!

Seriously though. How fucking shit are the safety standards if they don't know until 4 hours before the race that the tires won't stand up to the expected 27 laps? They never thought to test a fucking tire on the track!?!
Some kind of fucking mickey mouse show they run over there. Really fucking embarrassing.

Sad it had to happen at an Australian sporting event while the whole world was watching :(

Also the one position penalty on Pedrosa was fucking stupid. Stupid as fuck. It didn't even exist! He was outraced and dropped a position, there was no penalty! So stupid. I know that's the way they do it but I think it's fucking stupid.

Speaking of food though, I am trying to get the wife into sushi but she can't stomach the idea of eating seaweed. Help.
Get her good sushi but don't tell her it's sushi.

OR

Buy some of those awesome crackers that have dried seaweed with them.

Which one of you bozos told my boyfriend about the T25 thing? >.> now he won't stop hassling me to do it with him... My leg muscles are so sore!

Shan, I'm incredibly picky about food. I'm almost a vegetarian. I basically eat three cuts of beef, beef mince and some pork smallgoods and that's it. I have no sense of gastronomic adventure.

Fair enough. Sometimes I forget not everyone has a cast-iron stomach.

Is there somewhere I can read this T25 workout thingy without paying

Don't forget to wash it down with 100 year egg <3
57(2).jpg

Is it just me or is this kind of... pretty. (the white at least)

I like trying new food stuffs. Would definitely eat a century egg and those fish penis semen things. I might even try balut, not quite sure on that but. DEEK you ever had balut? Can't remember what you said the last time they came up.

The only gross things I've had recently were haggis and black pudding and they were both yummo.

220px-Wiki_black_battered.jpg

Deep-fried black pudding!

haha he joined the chat the other day when we were talking about it

i wrote this about 3 hours ago but didnt hit post

edit: sorry that was a response to shan

Omikron

Thanks for the upgrade to the new GOTY guys, but, could you actually 'upgrade' instead of adding a new entry... also, please name things consistently. :<

BXBC_7JCAAA1WhS.png

Jintor

Monday 21 October, 2013 - The world’s premier games festival, Penny Arcade Expo (PAX), will return to Melbourne in 2014 after a critically successful sold out inaugural year in 2013. Community demand will see the show move to the larger Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, to be held from 31 October to 2 November 2014.

Oooh. How inconvenient. Right before uni exams. (Not that I have uni exams next year, but still)

I said from day fucking one it should have been in the Exhibition Centre, great news finally.

ALSO STARTS ON MY BIRTHDAY SO WOOOO ME
FIRST THEY CREATE HALLOWEEN IN MY HONOR
NOW PAX
THANKS WORLD

jambo

So when do the tickets go on sale? :p

Edit: Wow, they already sorted out some accommodation discounts...

Well for the late July one this year tickets were on sale in Oct 2012, so that's 9 months ahead. If they stick to that time frame again badges will be out in late January, 2014.

Pandemic

Just downloaded the free trial for Adobe Photoshop, and it's complicated as hell. All I want to do is make professional looking headers, but seems difficult. Is their a photoshop thread around here somewhere?

jambo

Just downloaded the free trial for Adobe Photoshop, and it's complicated as hell. All I want to do is make professional looking headers, but seems difficult. Is their a photoshop thread around here somewhere?

Just make a thread in OT with the title "GAF I need Photoshop help" and you should get a good amount of help.

Stackboy

Sooooooo I asked my girlfriend to marry me on Saturday night, where we had our first date. She said yes!!

Looking to get hitched Sep/October next year.

Get work Yug et al. Very impressed with how quickly they have moved to get everything up and running for next year. Having it at the Exhibition Centre has changed me from a NOT ATTENDING to at least a Friday ticket. I can make it a birthday weekend! The wife can fluff about at all the CBD shops while I get my AusGAF on.

Timing is odd though. As Cod said, they will miss the big COD/BF5 titles. Although PAX is more about the hobby stuff it is still strange they didn't target start of October as that has seemed like the perfect time to catch gameplay demos of the major EA/Acti titles for the year.

Yup

"With this change, we’re able to triple the size of our theatre spaces for next year..."
Which will actually allow people to see some fucking panels! Yay!

Let's start disagreeing about when and where to have the AusGAF meetup now!
I'm up for Korean BBQ again. That shit was awazing.

Best thing is everyone can stay right in the CBD! Plenty of options again!

Sooooooo I asked my girlfriend to marry me on Saturday night, where we had our first date. She said yes!!

Congrats dude!

Start saving money right MEOW. Also don't tell anyone you are getting quotes/prices from that you are having a wedding, wedding tax is fucked.

ALSO YOUR LIFE IS OVER NOW

Gazunta

Start saving money right MEOW. Also don't tell anyone you are getting quotes/prices from that you are having a wedding, wedding tax is fucked.
COSIGNED A BILLION TIMES OVER. Never ever ever ever EVER tell anyone you're having a wedding unless you absolutely have to. Good lord we got reamed hard because of this.

I was happy with July last year because I could kill two birds with one trip to Melbourne and see the footy as well. But I'm not fussed tbh. I'll definitely be buying tickets.

Let's start disagreeing about when and where to have the AusGAF meetup now!

I really need to go to this next year.

Congrats mate. You can get married at PAX.

Congratulations, you've got less than a year of gaming left, make the best of it.

I was happy with July last year because I could kill two birds with one trip to Melbourne and see the footy as well. But I'm not fussed tbh. I'll definitely be buying tickets..

Now you can combine PAX with the Melbourne Cup!

Shaneus

Dear Shane,

Thank you for your recent email.

We have confirmed that it appears another console has made purchases totalling $ 66.30 AUD on your account however as per our Sony Entertainment Network Terms of Service we are not liable for any unauthorised activity on customer's Sony Entertainment Network accounts so the transactions will not be refunded.

We will investigate this further and take any appropriate action against the console which performed these transactions however we will be unable to share details of this with you.

The billing details have already been removed from the account. Please change your account password to resecure the account if you have not already done so.

In case you wish to review your transaction history please do so by logging into XMB > Account Management > Transaction Management > Transaction History on your console or at https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com.

Regards,

PlayStation Support Centre
So what now, AusGAF?
(In case you haven't been following)

Congratulations, you've got less than a year of gaming left, make the best of it.

Now you can combine PAX with the Melbourne Cup!

I definitely lost the tellie to my son but my gaming mostly happened at night anyway, so that hasn't changed a lot.

Melbourne Cup doesn't interest me. I'll enter a sweep at work but that's about it.

Top Bottom