• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Fredescu

Congratulations, you've got less than a year of gaming left, make the best of it.

Not unless she's pregnant too. I personally gave up online gaming when I got married because I would get way too addicted to it and not balance my time and attention very well. I made sort of a rule that I would only play games with a pause button, which is still plenty of games.

If, unlike me, you're the balanced sort, it's easy enough to negotiate and schedule some time to play online or do whatever other hobbies you enjoy while your other half does the same. Marriage isn't about giving up everything you are in devotion to another person.
That's parenting.

lexi

Banned
Fucking seriously? They can tell you didn't buy it and your account was compromised, but they won't refund the money?

Also, GRATS STACKY!!1111one

Clipper

Fucking seriously? They can tell you didn't buy it and your account was compromised, but they won't refund the money?

I think it's a matter of policy, and that there is likely no fault of their own in this case.

If they provided a refund in situations like this, then you could give someone your password to log into your account and buy a bunch of stuff, then dispute it and they end up with the free content on their system (provided it never goes back online). It's unfortunate that people would try to exploit it this way, but I can't see how it's easy to tell whether you have been legitimately compromised or not, so it's best to err on the side of caution and not create precedent.

If they provided a refund in situations like this, then you could give someone your password to log into your account and buy a bunch of stuff, then dispute it and they end up with the free content on their system (provided it never goes back online). It's unfortunate that people would try to exploit it this way, but I can't see how it's easy to tell whether you have been legitimately compromised or not, so it's best to err on the side of caution and not create precedent.

This is the reason sadly. The whole FIFA setup is really backward, really easy to abuse and EA haven't set it up for Sony to take back the credits.

Jintor

I'm not sure they can just waive liability under the Acl, but nothing is popping out at me straight off as a section they're in violation of

Stackboy

Thanks guys.

Yeah the next year will be all planning. Started on it today. There's a chance we might have the reception at one of our favourite music venues.

I won't have to give up gaming. I've learnt in the last 10 months that we are very good at being near each other, but not necessarily doing the same thing. That feels pretty important.

Yug

Oh awesome! I'll book the hotel now.

Paging Yug - any chance there'll be artist alley type things there?

Honestly - we've got over a year to put this thing together, who knows :)

That said, PAX has never traditionally had an artist alley ... that's more of a supanova/oz comic con thing.

That said, PAX has never traditionally had an artist alley ... that's more of a supanova/oz comic con thing.
Of those, I've only been to Oz Comic Con, and I have to say that I really enjoyed the artist's alley, even if that scene's not really my thing. In fact it's where I spent about half of what I spent at Oz Comic Con. If you could get some game-related artists and hide them in the basement with those stinky indie developers I bet it'd be welcomed. An Australian initiative!

wonzo

Banned
Those free guitar picks someone posted here finally arrived. Now if only I had a guitar to use them with. ._.

Sooooooo I asked my girlfriend to marry me on Saturday night, where we had our first date. She said yes!!

Looking to get hitched Sep/October next year.
Congrats.

Yug

Of those, I've only been to Oz Comic Con, and I have to say that I really enjoyed the artist's alley, even if that scene's not really my thing. In fact it's where I spent about half of what I spent at Oz Comic Con. If you could get some game-related artists and hide them in the basement with those stinky indie developers I bet it'd be welcomed. An Australian initiative!

I'm not opposed to the idea, though we went to a lot of effort to not hide the indies at the 2013 show :p

Shaneus

Ask them for a free PS4, they love giving them out.

Is this why a few days ago I saw you online on PSN? I thought it was strange 'cause I've never seen you online before.
Nah, not a few days ago. This happened toward the end of Sept. I think more recently it's been because of GTA5.

Have to wait until next year for 180 headsets, Microsoft have to make an adaptor to go with every single one that will be 180 compatible.
They're not using standard BT like Sony (or that thing where you can plug a headset into a controller)? lolzburger.

Also 'grats Stacky!

so i already gave up on t25
got literally 5 minutes in when i was about to fall over.
that was not a program designed with me in mind.
anyway im not giving up on ausgaffitnessclub im going to go back to (and actually stick to) the walking and core exercises i got from fitness guy i saw a year ago.
might revisit t25 when i can actually keep up with it

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This is what I had for dinner.

BXFfQTCCEAEPqm4.jpg

Peppered rack of lamb on a bed of quinoa, mixed lettuce, tomato, grilled asparagus, and beetroot, garnished with lemon, balsamic vinegar, and coriander.

It was delicious.

*leaves thread for another month*

T25 ALPHA DAY ONE

My fuckin knees hurt

FUCK YOUR HOP SQUATS YOU BASTERD

Also it's actually T27.5 including warm down :/

Feels like I've had my knees cut off :/

anyway im not giving up on ausgaffitnessclub im going to go back to (and actually stick to) the walking and core exercises i got from fitness guy i saw a year ago.
Nooooooo it was actually a good program. Started out hard but had a nice flow to it with some easier stuff. Wasn't as hardcore, flatout as I expected!

This is what I had for dinner.

BXFfQTCCEAEPqm4.jpg

Peppered rack of lamb on a bed of quinoa, mixed lettuce, tomato, grilled asparagus, and beetroot, garnished with lemon, balsamic vinegar, and coriander.

It was delicious.

*leaves thread for another month*
Oh I see, this is where my GAF Gold payments is going is it? Mods living the high life on their kick backs. Pfft.

Dude it's designed for anyone, if you can't do what Shaun T is doing, do the modified version that Tanya does, that's what it's there for. Don't give up.

T25 ALPHA DAY ONE

My fuckin knees hurt

FUCK YOUR HOP SQUATS YOU BASTERD

Also it's actually T27.5 including warm down :/

Feels like I've had my knees cut off :/

Nooooooo it was actually a good program. Started out hard but had a nice flow to it with some easier stuff. Wasn't as hardcore, flatout as I expected!

Proud of you dude, sounds like you smashed it. I recommend having the program printed off, and putting a big cross through each workout as you do it. There is something to having that physical reminder/checklist.

What did you have for dinner? I made some amazing Salmon Patties.

Who else is doing AusFitGAF?

Some The Good Guys stores might have the premium WiiU bundle for $299 for those desperate for one.

Batman Arkham Origins will be $58 on 360/PS3 at Big W on Friday. Apparently the leads from the Prototype games are running the show! I kinda really really want this now lol

Again, Melbourne Aquarium, Adults @ Kids Prices, Tickets - $22

Vormund

Gross food is gross. But then my parents ate things like tripe and European variations of haggis growing up. I am incredibly thankful they never tried that on me as a kid.

Hey, I'm buying a car ins next week or so. Latest models of Mazda CX5, Toyota Rav 4 Subaru Forester are the front runners I have driven this past week. Anyone drive any of these by any chance?

Ausgaf does not seem big on new cars but anyway.

I've got a CX-5 (well it's my wifes - same thing) Just the base Maxx model, FWD.

Its nice to drive around town, interior is nice, lots of space. Not as slow as you might think. :)

Damnit that's my dream car! You should have sold it to me after driving it down here.
Yeah I liked mine.... I actually bought 2 (not at the same time) a 2004 Velocity Red SP23, then got a 2007 Aurora Blue SP23 with luxury pack. Great cars. I've traded the 2007 one for a Toyota 86 though.

Totally forgot about this. But I wouldn't have had time tonight anyway. Busy packing for the move in a couple of weeks.

Where is the low down on this T25 stuff anyway? I'll check it out.

Haven't had GAF all weekend because the password expiry feature doesn't work on mobile GAF. :( Tried using desktop site but didn't get any error message. So I was on SA all weekend instead. Their megathreads dwarf ours.

Omikron

Cross post!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=556110.
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-78B62B193F98DDC3 - Taken by Mleugie. 3 entrants total.
Ticket to Ride -- MB-EE15AECF48EF0FE2 - Taken by schwupp. 15 entrants total.
Worms Reloaded -- MB-80968D93A9AE43BB - Taken by Madrugador. 35 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-F1B09D52C673D14E - Taken by Razorskin. 3 entrants total.
War of the Roses: Kingmaker -- MB-46C1343DF2EBD230 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 10 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-3F0FFB3C0CB3C165 - Taken by Horsemama1956. 6 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-F4D1BA0B3699C350 - Taken by ChiefofCitadelSecurity. 1 entrants total.

t1382402567z1.png

So T25 eh. That was a thing. I'm not ashamed to say I did a few of the modified movements during moments of heavy exertion. Just feels like a flavour of the month glorified aerobics thing to me but hey, I'll stick with it a bit longer to see where it goes. Really hated all the "woo" and "get pumped" and that garbage.

Still interested in an AusGAF fitness club, though not necessarily a T25 fitness club.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So T25 eh. That was a thing. I'm not ashamed to say I did a few of the modified movements during moments of heavy exertion. Just feels like a flavour of the month glorified aerobics thing to me but hey, I'll stick with it a bit longer to see where it goes. Really hated all the "woo" and "get pumped" and that garbage.

Still interested in an AusGAF fitness club, though not necessarily a T25 fitness club.

yeh, i muted it and put on my own music.

Top Bottom