• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Ok, I've joined steam under the extremely original name of Lucian Cat. Apparently I can have friends so feel free to add me? I may or may not get into some of these games, we'll see how I go...

What's the link on the profile page? Searching for Lucian Cat wasn't bringing anything up.

I've got a spare Red Faction 1&2 key here which could be useful! Old school FPS and it will easily run on a laptop.

Dead Man

Steam really needs to update the client with better search sorting options.

Wasn't it discovered that Aborigines descended from Indians? I recall seeing a documentary where DNA samples were used to match genetic markers.
Yeah, I think it was a subsequent wave of migration mixing with the first few waves.

You should have magically known I'd join and saved me something :p
Steam is great. There's so many games you can grab for a fiver nowadays, it's crazy. There's a couple of Steam giveaway threads, too. And don't forget the myriad bundles, which usually give you a bunch of games for five or six bucks.

indieroyale.com and humblebundle.com (and humblebundle.com/weekly) have a few good ones right now. You'll get a crapload of games for under $20.

I gotta work my way up to something this constant. I'll go back to C25K to hopefully condition myself.
I found the Speed 1.0 session easier than the Cardio one, but then it crapped out halfway through and I couldn't get it working. Still think C25K is a better bet for someone with little to no fitness. It's gradual enough that I was challenged but felt like I could do it if I stuck with it (and I could!).

T25 ALPHA DAY TWO UPDATE

Nope. The flesh is weak and flabby. No way my muscles can stand up to 2 days in a row, lasted a whole minute before it felt like everything was going to snap.

I gotta work my way up to something this constant. I'll go back to C25K to hopefully condition myself.

AGFC jumped into the deep end a little to quickly it seems
about to go for walk day 2.

jambo

radelaide gaf drinks on the weekend of the 15th of november.

who's keen?

I'm keen. Just have to check my schedule to be sure I'm free
Hahahaha I don't have a life ;_;

Missed this. Sounds good.

May as well chip in while everyone else is.

I'm in.

That's, what, a whole four people so far, radgaf might actually happen.

Fuck yeah, RadGAF meetup at last.

I'm assuming somewhere in town?

Elephant? Cranker? Fumos =P?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
History exam in 6-hours... wish me luck. I've only really studied for it yesterday. Good thing I've already passed the unit but I don't want to completely fluke the exam just because.
Order 3 games separately.

All of them arrive the day before my major Japanese exam, a week and a half before exam block.

D:
Will be a good motivator to study for your exams! I've got like 4 or so games (ni-no kuni, disgaea D2, KH 1.5, Pokemon X) recently that I can't play until I finish my last maths exam tomorrow! :(
Not unless she's pregnant too. I personally gave up online gaming when I got married because I would get way too addicted to it and not balance my time and attention very well. I made sort of a rule that I would only play games with a pause button, which is still plenty of games.

If, unlike me, you're the balanced sort, it's easy enough to negotiate and schedule some time to play online or do whatever other hobbies you enjoy while your other half does the same. Marriage isn't about giving up everything you are in devotion to another person.
That's parenting.
I wonder how my dad managed to play thousalds of hours of WoW while raising 7 to 10 kids..
The author of that article is incredibly condescending.. which I find more offensive than the ignorant response of the host of that party.

THREE HUNDRED AND NINTY NINE DOLLARS LOLOLOLOLOL

And it will fucking sell out. Very smart EA. They know the Xbone crowd will buy any hyped thing at an high price. After all, they are buying the Xbone after all ;)

Also wut
"Titanfall" will be landing on store shelves beginning March 11, 2014 exclusively for Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC.
Exclusively! To here! And here! And here! Three platforms only! Rarely happens that a game only hits 3 platforms!

Omikron

You weren't kidding about that football manager game hey. I thought you were joking. How is that even a game?

Compared to most modern semi-interactive narrative adventures, it is more of a 'game' yes.

Consider it as something where you are trying to line up a whole bunch of dominoes for the perfect and most amazing domino run ever. When it comes off it is incredible.

Also, the relationships you develop for digital representations of footballers is kinda weird.

Oh also forgot to mention that Titanfall is out on PC and 360
and 180
on March 13 without an exclusive launch which is nice. Might see what the prices are like on the 360 version.

jambo

I still need to finish the last BL2 DLC, Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragonkeep.

I was really enjoying it, but then I just stopped for some reason. Plenty of new DLC and level cap increases now so it might be a good time to get back in to it.

Also this guy is hilarious

Who's "we"? I love people who think you can't be a "true" gamer unless you play on a computer. It's ridiculous and arrogant. Most sites cover what is relevant and consoles are the most relevant thing in gaming. Deal with it.

I won't be buying Dark Souls 2 due to FROM making pc the priority. The series would be nothing without PS3 and 360.

1) Desktop market finally dies off taking Valve, Steam and pc gaming along with. nvidia continues to stay salty and moves to smartphone tech.

2) Consoles continue to further the medium with PS4 selling 110m, XB1 selling 90m and WiiU selling 50m.

3) iOS and Android continues to make money for devs.

4) Oculus Rift crumbles due dead pc market.

5) Sony VR and Microsoft Illumiromm changes the landscape of gaming.

6) Nintendo develops console/handheld hybrid

:lol

Desktop market "finally" dies is my favourite. As if the 55 million Steam users will all suddenly stop gaming in the next few years. Not to mention all those tens of millions of LoL and WoT players.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Fuck yeah, RadGAF meetup at last.

I'm assuming somewhere in town?

Elephant? Cranker? Fumos =P?
I only know the cranker out if that list and don't want to go there! Umm shotz is too clubby. Cavern maybe? Though there might be a show on. Otherwise a pub?

jambo

I only know the cranker out if that list and don't want to go there! Umm shotz is too clubby. Cavern maybe? Though there might be a show on. Otherwise a pub?

You've never heard of The Elephant?!?!

X9uDu81.jpg

Awesome little pub inbetween North Terrace and Rundle Street. Guinness on tap!

Go to that place that's in the old pharmacy! I think it's called... Pharmacy.

Edit: Nope, it's called Apothecary 1878

Hmm, pay the rent this week or go to Apothecary? Hmm, let me think...

Hmm, pay the rent this week or go to Apothecary? Hmm, let me think...
Yeah, I've only been there once and that was while I was on a short holiday in Adelaide, so really the normal rules of price were out the window a bit. All I remember is that I had some cocktails and they weren't bad. Food was alright but not amazing. And yeah I recall it was pricey.

There was a Thai restaurant near there on the dodgy street, I guess Hindley St, that I thought was pretty great and was not expensive.

jambo

Yeah, I've only been there once and that was while I was on a short holiday in Adelaide, so really the normal rules of price were out the window a bit. All I remember is that I had some cocktails and they weren't bad. Food was alright but not amazing. And yeah I recall it was pricey.

There was a Thai restaurant near there on the dodgy street, I guess Hindley St, that I thought was pretty great and was not expensive.

Gouger and Hindley have so many bars and restaurants that you'll strike gold eventually.

My general rule for any asian food is, if the place is full of asian people, go there.

senahorse

Interesting, JB send me an SMS saying our PS4 will be available day one, but still nothing about the xbone, isn't that coming out earlier?

Gazunta

Oh for fuck's sake AusGAF is slow these days.

Right. Here's some fucking topics you cunts. Fucking talk already.

Daylight savings is fucking over my nightly Foxtel watching habits.

I bought some iPhone 5ses yesterday and pluralising "5s" is weird. The thumbprint thing is kinda cool I guess but eh whatever it's a new iPhone and now what am I meant to do with this perfectly fine 4s.

How come so many Australian TV presenters in the 70s and 80s turned out to be child molesters?

Queensland anti bikie laws. Why is this state so fucked. What will happen with the local Murdoch rag decides to go after middle aged men who drive two door Barina hatchbacks?! Why is legislation generally driven by what 2GB and Murdoch are crowing on about?

Seriously why the fuck can't I buy Retro Gamer magazine anywhere in West End, this is bullshit.

I'm hungry what's for lunch.

Why do wives feel it's OK to volunteer your time to help their friends move shit, fuck

What's everyone planning for Christmas holidays?

Did anyone here go to GCAP? Did anyone here know about it?

SUPANOVA, LET'S TALK ABOUT SUPANOVA, BULBAPEDIA GUY SEE YOU THERE WHOOO

senahorse

No surface gaz? I am at working loading a bunch of indie games from Steam, screen is beautiful and the digitizer should be right up your alley:D I am extremely impressed with how good the handwriting recognition is.

Top Bottom