• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Fredescu

Queensland anti bikie laws. Why is this state so fucked. What will happen with the local Murdoch rag decides to go after middle aged men who drive two door Barina hatchbacks?! Why is legislation generally driven by what 2GB and Murdoch are crowing on about?

I was busy getting annoyed about this with the whole "The law should be about what you did and not who you are" and then I started reading at random about all of the aboriginal specific laws that have existed for years in the NT (and maybe other places) as a result of the intervention and got really sad and closed Twitter. So I'm just feeling sad in general today.

Omikron

I was busy getting annoyed about this with the whole "The law should be about what you did and not who you are" and then I started reading at random about all of the aboriginal specific laws that have existed for years in the NT (and maybe other places) as a result of the intervention and got really sad and closed Twitter. So I'm just feeling sad in general today.

Do you drink beer? I have one of these to try.

mgcans-2.jpg

Stackboy

Oh for fuck's sake AusGAF is slow these days.

Right. Here's some fucking topics you cunts. Fucking talk already.

Daylight savings is fucking over my nightly Foxtel watching habits.

I bought some iPhone 5ses yesterday and pluralising "5s" is weird. The thumbprint thing is kinda cool I guess but eh whatever it's a new iPhone and now what am I meant to do with this perfectly fine 4s.

How come so many Australian TV presenters in the 70s and 80s turned out to be child molesters?

Queensland anti bikie laws. Why is this state so fucked. What will happen with the local Murdoch rag decides to go after middle aged men who drive two door Barina hatchbacks?! Why is legislation generally driven by what 2GB and Murdoch are crowing on about?

Seriously why the fuck can't I buy Retro Gamer magazine anywhere in West End, this is bullshit.

I'm hungry what's for lunch.

Why do wives feel it's OK to volunteer your time to help their friends move shit, fuck

What's everyone planning for Christmas holidays?

Did anyone here go to GCAP? Did anyone here know about it?

SUPANOVA, LET'S TALK ABOUT SUPANOVA, BULBAPEDIA GUY SEE YOU THERE WHOOO

This reads like the comments section of news.com.au

Gazunta

No surface gaz? I am at working loading a bunch of indie games from Steam, screen is beautiful and the digitizer should be right up your alley:D I am extremely impressed with how good the handwriting recognition is.
I have been told to hold off on this purchase...

Which means a certain someone is getting it for me for my birthday :)

Yay free Surface Pro 2 but FUCK GOD DAMN IT I HAVE TO WAIT A MONTH FUCK I'M DYING HERE

Very glad to hear it's working out well for you. What space / RAM setup did you get? I want the 256GB / 8GB as I figure I'll need 30 for the OS, 30 for Photoshop, 60 for my Dropbox, 10 for Game Maker and that leaves some room for some Steam goodies. Oh man portable Assault Android Cactus during lunch, niiiiice

I hear they are good (not great). It is the sort of sessionable/smashable beer you want for summer, really. That's specifically the market they're going after, and with the cans they want people to take them to festivals and such. Festivals are the reason they exist!

You guys and your expensive beers :(
Someone needs to start homebrew as a hobby. Last beer I brewed was 11L* and cost $30. I'll probably get 10L into bottles, so 20x500mL or nearly 30 regular sized bottles.

*Was supposed to be 15L but I had some pretty big problems, so would've been almost $1 for a 500mL beer.

Omikron

I hear they are good (not great). It is the sort of sessionable/smashable beer you want for summer, really. That's specifically the market they're going after, and with the cans they want people to take them to festivals and such. Festivals are the reason they exist!

Yeah figured this was the case, hence why I just grabbed the one to try!

Could be a good fall back for summer other than the usual Pacific Ale.

Roulette

Oh for fuck's sake AusGAF is slow these days.

Right. Here's some fucking topics you cunts. Fucking talk already.

What's everyone planning for Christmas holidays?

SUPANOVA, LET'S TALK ABOUT SUPANOVA, BULBAPEDIA GUY SEE YOU THERE WHOOO

Christmas holidays: annual drive to Dubbo in-laws OR fuck everyone else, stay home.

Supanova: went to Sydney one this year for something to do, felt old and creeped out. Nintendo had some kind of open air booth thing with bean bags and G rated wholesomeness. I don't give a shit about autographs, photos, or celebrities, so I didn't line up for anything. Just walked around looking at overpriced merchandise and getting my cringe on. Some American kids were running around the floor, literally squealing about how kawaii some pre-pube's sphincter was. I bailed out not long after that.

Gazunta

Ugh :/ This God damn country.

This reads like the comments section of news.com.au

OK I laughed, nice work :)

senahorse

I have been told to hold off on this purchase...

Which means a certain someone is getting it for me for my birthday :)

Yay free Surface Pro 2 but FUCK GOD DAMN IT I HAVE TO WAIT A MONTH FUCK I'M DYING HERE

Very glad to hear it's working out well for you. What space / RAM setup did you get? I want the 256GB / 8GB as I figure I'll need 30 for the OS, 30 for Photoshop, 60 for my Dropbox, 10 for Game Maker and that leaves some room for some Steam goodies. Oh man portable Assault Android Cactus during lunch, niiiiice

Ha awesome, though when things get bought from shared accounts, everything is a present :p. I got the 256GB/8GB, seemed to be the best storage/performance for the money. Also the 200GB Skydrive for 2 years will come in handy, already using it for all my photos, documents and other miscellaneous files. The only games I have tried so far are Civ5, Gunpoint, Fez, Trials Evolution and Castle of Illusion, nothing super demanding there but they all run great and look so nice on the screen :).

I was just at my local big W and they have changed their games section but basically they have really downsized it. I heard a lady ask one of the employees for a game and she said 'we're trying to reduce the size of our games section'. Just wondering if anyone else has seen something similar.

jambo

I was just at my local big W and they have changed their games section but basically they have really downsized it. I heard a lady ask one of the employees for a game and she said 'we're trying to reduce the size of our games section'. Just wondering if anyone else has seen something similar.

Yeah, all the Big Ws and Targets near me have really downsized. Kmart don't seem to even have anything game related any more.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Fuck yeah, RadGAF meetup at last.

I'm assuming somewhere in town?

Elephant? Cranker? Fumos =P?

I missed all 3 of those responses yesterday and thought you made them up lol.

Awesome!
Yeh I was thinking elephant or strathmore, good accessible outdoor seating. And shouldn't be too busy if we get there what 5 or 6 on the friday?

Because Gaz is bored.

I decided I would buy a RAV4 since the Toyota guys offered me a proper test drive (the first was in a deserted car park because of insurance issues that oddly didn't affect Mazda or Subaru). They seemed most wanting to do a deal. I held off because I didn't have the money for the downpayment ((I was waiting for two wire transfers to go through).

Sube and Mazda guys were more restrained "come back when you're ready to put money down and we'll talk numbers."

I spend the weekend thinking I would do this and buy a RAV4. I kept reading any and all reviews and youtube vids that told me "It's a good car but the CX5 is more fun to drive. You're an old man if you buy this accountant-mobile, this Camry on stilts, this cardigan with 17 inch slippers, etc." I went to the Seattle Auto show on the weekend to sit in the contenders again (and yes, a Ford Mustang- like being in an iron lung). Its so funny to see Americans so interested in the fuel economy of cars. For reference fuel is between 80c and $1 a litre (lower prices with loyalty programs, costco memberships, etc). It's a big selling point on so many cars. They don't sell cars at the Seattle Auto show, but they have a whole giant area in the carpark as a the kick off point for test driving many of the cars at the show.
Mazda guy rings this morning (lo and behold, 5 mins after I check my bank and the first wire transfer has turned up) asking politely if I was still interested. I said yes, I'll come around and we'll talk turkey. That's tomorrow. If I can't get more than a few hundred bucks off MSRP, I'll call Toyota. I think part of me likes the ambiguity of not really knowing what car I will have bought by the end of the week. I would however be surprised if I don't end up with another Mazda.

-I'm getting bored with GTAV. I want to finish it and start Beyond and WWHD. It just doesn't end
did the mission where Lamar is kidnapped and you have to rescue him from a sawmill
. But I figure I'm this close, I might as well see it through. I have never properly finished a GTA before (I did beat III, but only by using cheats on the final mission).

-Luigi's Mansion 2 is just an incredibly charming game. They seem to allow Luigi to have a lot more character in this than Mario ever displays.

-I'm disappointed by the number of hipsters I encounter over here. The ones with the slick combed hair and the bushy bear types in particular. Way less tattoos and piercings compared to Australia but then I have yet to venture into the hipper areas of Seattle city limits.

-I was hoping the new Mac Pro shown today would be the sort of thing I'd want for my music, but I'm going with a specced up iMac and external SSDs. My last desktop was a bulletproof 2009 Mac Pro. Best machine I ever had. Only trouble I ever had was fixed by taking the RAM out and reseating it (this seems to fix so many Mac issues for machines with removable memory). iPad Air, is now on my shopping list for Christmas. I bought two guitars, a Rode mike, a USB audio interface and a midi controller keyboard. Amazon prime is awesome for this shit.

-I still have a PS4 preorder but cancelled the XB1 a few weeks ago. I will likely get one post-price cut. To be honest, the PS4 preorder is touch and go since nothing exclusive that I really want comes out till Second Son.

Gazunta

Your wish is my twittering :)

Thanks! :)

Christmas holidays: annual drive to Dubbo in-laws OR fuck everyone else, stay home.

Supanova: went to Sydney one this year for something to do, felt old and creeped out. Nintendo had some kind of open air booth thing with bean bags and G rated wholesomeness. I don't give a shit about autographs, photos, or celebrities, so I didn't line up for anything. Just walked around looking at overpriced merchandise and getting my cringe on. Some American kids were running around the floor, literally squealing about how kawaii some pre-pube's sphincter was. I bailed out not long after that.

Good call on Christmas.

And yeah, I totally get why people would think Supanova isn't their thing. I think as an attendee I would get more value out of something like PAX. As an exhibitor I've had a great time at Supanova so far.

Ha awesome, though when things get bought from shared accounts, everything is a present :p. I got the 256GB/8GB, seemed to be the best storage/performance for the money. Also the 200GB Skydrive for 2 years will come in handy, already using it for all my photos, documents and other miscellaneous files. The only games I have tried so far are Civ5, Gunpoint, Fez, Trials Evolution and Castle of Illusion, nothing super demanding there but they all run great and look so nice on the screen :).

Hahaha so true. I guess I'm paying for it after all :)

OH yeah I forgot about the Skydrive stuff! And Skype too, that'll be nice and handy.

Oh man. It'll be a portable Civ 5 machine. I am so so so doomed!

How is the new Castle of Illusion, anyway?

Yep, word is that they're doing to games what they did to the music section many many years ago - just carry the 'top 20' and let the industry retailers take the risk of carrying everything else.

Especially so in holiday season.

ClivePwned said:
The Adventures of ClivePwned in Americaland

These are awesome to read. More importantly do these cars have nice stereo systems? Coz that shit is important.

And thanks for reminding me I have yet to play Luigi's Mansion 2 agh so much good stuff to play :/

Which reminds me. The iPhone 4s fit snugly on my car dashboard between the radio volume knob and an air conditioner vent. Now the 5s doesn't fit anywhere. THANKS A LOT APPLE YOU RUINED EVERYTHING.

HolyCheck

OMG MEETUPS!

RadelaideGAF/Not So BadelaideGAF
When: November 15th 5-6pm ONWARDS
Where: Elephant?
Attending: HolyCheck, Jambo, Frawdder, Lucian Cat, Dead Man, Mr Tone
Maybe:
Not Attending:
Why: Because Jambo has no real friends

MelbGAF until it drunkenly becomes mitchgaf and aniseed and holycheck eat kebabs drunkenly at 5am again
When: November 8th 5-6pm Onwards
Where: BEER FUCKING DELUX???LOL.
Attending:HolyCheck, Aniseed, cosdwallop, lafiel
Maybe:
Not Attending:
Why: Because.

KEEN? QUOTE POST AND LET ME KNOW.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
OMG MEETUPS!

RadelaideGAF/Not So BadelaideGAF
When: November 15th 5-6pm ONWARDS
Where: Elephant?
Attending: HolyCheck, Jambo, Frawdder, Lucian Cat, Dead Man
Maybe:
Not Attending:
Why: Because Jambo has no real friends

Add Mr Tone to the radgaf meetup. And the Elephant sounds good

mgcans-2.jpg

We have one of that breweries beers on tap, at work (I work in Hospitality, in Hahndorf :D), their wheat beer, pretty nice.

Even though I don't know anyone on here, much at all, I wouldn't mind meeting up with some peeps in Radelaide :)

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
We have one of that breweries beers on tap, at work (I work in Hospitality, in Hahndorf :D), their wheat beer, pretty nice.

Even though I don't know anyone on here, much at all, I wouldn't mind meeting up with some peeps in Radelaide :)

Ooh where are you from? Radelaide or surrounds? I'm in the Barossa. Also, m/f? ( don't mind me, I'm nosey and easily excitable over other radgaffers)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
MelbGAF until it drunkenly becomes mitchgaf and aniseed and holycheck eat kebabs drunkenly at 5am again
When: November 8th 5-6pm Onwards
Where: BEER FUCKING DELUX???LOL.
Attending:HolyCheck, Aniseed, cosdwallop
Maybe:
Not Attending:
Why: Because.

KEEN? QUOTE POST AND LET ME KNOW.

Sure I'll go to MelbGAF.

Always need a excuse to go to Melbourne!

Deeku

-I'm getting bored with GTAV. I want to finish it and start Beyond and WWHD. It just doesn't end
did the mission where Lamar is kidnapped and you have to rescue him from a sawmill
. But I figure I'm this close, I might as well see it through. I have never properly finished a GTA before (I did beat III, but only by using cheats on the final mission).

-Luigi's Mansion 2 is just an incredibly charming game. They seem to allow Luigi to have a lot more character in this than Mario ever displays.

-I was hoping the new Mac Pro shown today would be the sort of thing I'd want for my music, but I'm going with a specced up iMac and external SSDs.

- Yyyyeah. I had to force myself finish the story, but at least I finished it! It's like the only gta game I've ever bothered finishing so good on rockstar!

-I really want to finish LM2, but I'm at the point where the missions are kinda long so I'm kinda ehhhh. Wish it had check points/ mid level saves!

- I was hoping for a MBP full refresh, but only just spec bump:( I might just get an imac too with the discrete graphics card, then I can finally play all those steam games I bought that wouldn't run on my old MBP!

senahorse

Hahaha so true. I guess I'm paying for it after all :)

OH yeah I forgot about the Skydrive stuff! And Skype too, that'll be nice and handy.

Oh man. It'll be a portable Civ 5 machine. I am so so so doomed!

How is the new Castle of Illusion, anyway?

Oh yeah free skype for a year, that's good as well even though I rarely use the phone. I haven't played a great deal of Castle of Illusion yet but what I have I have really enjoyed. Some people have complained about floaty jumping but it feels like the original to me (mind you I last played the game on the SMS over 20 years ago...WAIT, 20 FUCKING YEARS AGO, now I feel super old, goddam I have been playing games for a long time :D). Also the framerate is locked at 30, it doesn't bother me with this type of game though, the original was probably 15fps :p

HolyCheck

Coop world of illusion is one of my fondest childhood memories. Hot damn that game was amazing.

Never really got into castle of

Here Fred, this will bring a tear to your eye in a good way <_>

If AusGAF wants to reply to this and tell them that I should be there in Artist's Alley I WON'T STOP YOU
please
I love you
Your wish is my command ;)

Someone needs to start homebrew as a hobby. Last beer I brewed was 11L* and cost $30. I'll probably get 10L into bottles, so 20x500mL or nearly 30 regular sized bottles.

*Was supposed to be 15L but I had some pretty big problems, so would've been almost $1 for a 500mL beer.
I don't have time for it though :(

Used to do it when I was a uni bum but I barely have time to even drink the Asahi I've had sitting around for the last month!

-I still have a PS4 preorder but cancelled the XB1 a few weeks ago. I will likely get one post-price cut. To be honest, the PS4 preorder is touch and go since nothing exclusive that I really want comes out till Second Son.
Have you seen Resogun?

DjRoomba

Banned
If anyone is watching Go and sees an ad for Space Jam, someone please tell me the damn song in the ad!
Not a space jam song, sounds like some timbaland beat.

Dead Man

Thanks for the attempted assist Shan, unfortunately fuckwits ignore such things. I got banned for no reason other than to calm down when I wasn't fired up and that wanker skates. Fucking awesome.

I don't have time for it though :(
Four or five hours to brew (of which 60 minutes is waiting and not much involvement for another hour) and then another few hours three or four weeks later to bottle. It's not too bad! If you just wanted cheap swill you could do it in probably an hour to brew instead. Doing it right makes for an alright Saturday morning.

Top Bottom