• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
OMG MEETUPS!

RadelaideGAF/Not So BadelaideGAF
When: November 15th 5-6pm ONWARDS
Where: Elephant?
Attending: HolyCheck, Jambo, Frawdder, Lucian Cat, Dead Man, Mr Tone
Maybe:turtlesbonanza
Not Attending:
Why: Because Jambo has no real friends

MelbGAF until it drunkenly becomes mitchgaf and aniseed and holycheck eat kebabs drunkenly at 5am again
When: November 8th 5-6pm Onwards
Where: BEER FUCKING DELUX???LOL.
Attending:HolyCheck, Aniseed, cosdwallop, lafiel
Maybe: Megadrive, DeathJr
Not Attending:
Why: Because.

KEEN? QUOTE POST AND LET ME KNOW.

jambo

Fuck G-Sync when you have that sort of power!

But I know what you mean, it's going to be odd going forward to not have that.

I'll be sticking with my SLI'd GTX 670s until I buy a G-Sync monitor and video card next year.

After the wedding of course.

>_>

OMG MEETUPS!

Maybe:
Not Attending:

MelbGAF until it drunkenly becomes mitchgaf and aniseed and holycheck eat kebabs drunkenly at 5am again
When: November 8th 5-6pm Onwards
Where: BEER FUCKING DELUX???LOL.
Attending:HolyCheck, Aniseed, cosdwallop, lafiel
Maybe: Megadrive, DeathJr.
Not Attending:
Why: Because.

KEEN? QUOTE POST AND LET ME KNOW.

I will try.

Ignore my post if you want to ignore bad news.

BAD NEWS ALERT

IGNORE THIS POST IF YOU ARE HAVING A ROUGH DAY

Link.
A British court has jailed an elderly couple after a deaf and mute girl was trafficked from Pakistan to work as a servant and then repeatedly raped for nearly a decade.

Ilyas Ashar, 84, and his wife Tallat Ashar, 68, kept the girl in the cellar of their house in Salford, north-west England, after she was illegally brought to Britain in 2000 at the age of around 10.

The couple were also convicted of using the girl, who is profoundly deaf and cannot speak, to fraudulently claim more than $50,000 in welfare payments. The girl had no family or friends in Britain and had never been to school there or in Pakistan but was taught to sign her name to claim state benefits, the trial heard.

Ashar routinely raped her, despite her efforts to fight him off, and he also beat and slapped her if she did not follow orders.
Ilyas Ashar was jailed for 13 years for raping the girl from before the age of puberty until she was rescued in 2009, while his wife was jailed for five years for trafficking a person for exploitation. The couple's daughter, Faaiza Ashar, 46, was sentenced to carry out community service after being convicted of giving false information to obtain benefits.

They got off really fucking lightly for stealing $50,000 from tax payers as well as beating and raping a child for a decade. Also I'm interested to know how much the daughter knew before I call her a piece of shit.

OMG MEETUPS!

Maybe:
Not Attending:

Put be down as a maybe for Scantilycladelaide. I'm not sure if I should play computer games with you guys first before I meet y'all in person.

I know it's a "kids game", but is anyone finding pokemon ridiculously easy compared to the other games? I just started, but already I've got exp share and that girl was following me around healing me for a while. I haven't even been grinding (plus I just added two new low level doods to my party) and already everyone is way over levelled.

In other news:
1379304_10152297799134447_163207520_n.jpg

Global warming actually IS real, and now it's good.

HolyCheck

I know it's a "kids game", but is anyone finding pokemon ridiculously easy compared to the other games? I just started, but already I've got exp share and that girl was following me around healing me for a while. I haven't even been grinding (plus I just added two new low level doods to my party) and already everyone is way over levelled.

In other news:

Global warming actually IS real, and now it's good.

you shut your mouth.

also i couldnt for the life of me work out how to get her to heal me when we were walking through that forrest lol.

but yeah you could always turn off exp share?

you shut your mouth.

also i couldnt for the life of me work out how to get her to heal me when we were walking through that forrest lol.

but yeah you could always turn off exp share?

Sorry :p it especially feels that way with the difficulty toned way down. I'm sure it would have helped me when I was little.

no >.> I like the exp share. As for the healing, you literally just talk to her.

Deeku

pokemon has always been pretty easy, but i can imagine how the exp share would make it even easier. the exp share sounds cool cos it means i can actually use a full party instead of just powering through with a single dude.

i dunno yet, gonna go grab a copy tomorrow night and see for myself!

HolyCheck

News Limited is changing tack on climate change. The Daily Telegraph of "kick this mob out!" fame ran a front page article the other day saying that climate change would result in more bushfires.

When the lives of hard working Australians like Berryl and Glenn are put into chaos, it becomes real.

Damm all you other states.. there's never anything to do in CANberra!

Hey, you can get married to a lady OR a man!

pokemon has always been pretty easy, but i can imagine how the exp share would make it even easier. the exp share sounds cool cos it means i can actually use a full party instead of just powering through with a single dude.

i dunno yet, gonna go grab a copy tomorrow night and see for myself!
Yeah, I guess. Sometimes I expect to lose or something though >< I don't think any of my pokemon have fainted yet and I beat the first gym taking almost no damage at all.

I hope you enjoy it :D

BXUewCoCMAAMzM7.jpg:large

Hello there. This is new Mr. KMart who up until recently didn't even seem to know the PS4 existed. Obviously you are a little more truthful than Target.
Nice little discount on it, just in time for Infamous Second Son :)

Damm all you other states.. there's never anything to do in CANberra!

Would you really want to hang out with Markot?

Fredescu

My Kindle Paperwhite arrived today. Feels a lot more solid than my Kindle 3 or the wife's Kindle 4. Definitely a lot heavier. I'm not sold on the idea of a touch screen but it seems responsive enough at the moment. The light will be a godsend.

If anyone is active on Good Reads, add me for a good time. I tried to add all the Ausgaffers that have used it in the last few months.

Fusebox

Banned
My Kindle Paperwhite arrived today. Feels a lot more solid than my Kindle 3 or the wife's Kindle 4. Definitely a lot heavier. I'm not sold on the idea of a touch screen but it seems responsive enough at the moment. The light will be a godsend.

If anyone is active on Good Reads, add me for a good time. I tried to add all the Ausgaffers that have used it in the last few months.

Mine turned up on Monday, I love it. The PW screen isn't as good as my Aura HD in low light but the PW feels way nicer in the hand. Never heard of Goodreads, I'll setup an account and add you.

Kritz

Banned
Reptile, say one was in the market to buy Player Stationary, where would they acquire the accompanying Killer's Zone?

For less than a hundred fuckin' australian dollerdoos goddamn

It is a fair bit easier, yeah. The EXP Share is a fair bit of that since you don't have to split EXP the way you used to if you wanted to keep an evenly levelled team but the fact that you get experience for captures contributes a fair bit too, especially with the high concentration of different wild Pokemon between the first couple of Gyms. I don't think I did any grinding at all and was 8 to 10 levels ahead of the Elite Four by the time I finished.

It's a really good game, but it's also a total pushover if you keep EXP Share on and catch all the different types of critters you come across. Not that the others were ever really hard, but you never really ran that far ahead in terms of levels either and the bigger battles would press you a little more.

Thanks for the well wishes guys.

To add cinnamon to the pudding, I found out this morning that this is happening a mere three months before I became eligible for a pro-rata long service payout (7 yrs service), which is just delightful.

Unfortunately, legislation in Queensland still assumes that whole-year increments are the only time unit that matters. The law is not on my side in this case.

Shaneus

R290X with BF4 is $659 from PCG or 699

OH GOD
I still don't know why you'd get that over a 7990 for the same price.

SHUT UP REP MULTI-GPUS = WINRAR

Danger 5 is about the only justification for a film and television industry in Australia.
Fuck, I keep forgetting about that show. Remind me about it when I forget again.
Wasn't it done by the same people who did Italian Spiderman?

PS. $529 for the PS4. How much was RRP? Does it bring it that much closer to us not being completely fucking ripped off (again, for some of us) by Sony?

Fredescu

It outperforms the 290x but a billlllllllion bytes.

For games that are already out, sure. Just wait until a sweet new release comes out, you've got it pre ordered, pre downloaded, finally it unlocks! Oh shit, I can't max it out, what's going on? Only using one GPU core, what the hell? AMD says they will release a driver fix soon. But I want to play it now! So you finish the game at medium specs on a $600 GPU.

markot

Banned
For games that are already out, sure. Just wait until a sweet new release comes out, you've got it pre ordered, pre downloaded, finally it unlocks! Oh shit, I can't max it out, what's going on? Only using one GPU core, what the hell? AMD says they will release a driver fix soon. But I want to play it now! So you finish the game at medium specs on a $600 GPU.

hitler

Dead Man

Top Bottom