• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
You DO have fabulous wine here! And I would love to hang out with people. I'll be on my lonesome on Wed and Thurs and most of Fri. I'm carless, though, so a bit difficult to get around. I'm looking at the bus system, though.

Hmm I will be coming to town or near enough this Wednesday to see my new boy. Could always come down earlier and say hi. What suburb are you staying in?

Jintor

All youse guys are fucked now

BYN85QRCMAEWZSL.jpg:large

US MINORITIES WILL RULE THE DAY

no negative gearing lel

How come no one's posted the newbie quiz for the aussie stragglers and Mr. H. Protagonist? Hey don't look at me, I'm too lazy for that ish

Weak as piss Holy

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
How many of your relatives has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez?
Any glass eyeballs?
Are you the one delaying all the fucking videogames into 2013 killing 3rd party support for the WiiU?
Are you Mayan or can use Maya?
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time

That's balls :| Probably no chance you can tell them you'll do it at home right?
Haha no. That would make too much sense.

They have this really odd thing where they don't understand that people live outside capital cities.

I could tell you, but then I'd have to dispose of your body in a discreet manner.
As long as I can be buried with a sealed copy that would be okayyyy with me!

Banana Republic of Choc?

A lot of the prices come from labour as well. I know we charge like 75 or 150 for labour depending on the job. It's where your money actually comes from, since you make fuck all on parts.

Your HDD should be easy enough to replace, Just pop a screw or two and in theory you will have access to it. You just need the replacement drive.

Fans, Eh, Depends on the unit. PC's tend to be more fucking annoying than macs, harder to get into and they are just a crowded poorly designed thing.

I asked two places and they quoted $220-250 for the HDD replace (+ Win8 install) which is a bit eh, idk. I have a serial for Win7 Pro somewhere. Fans were $80ish, which is more reasonable so I might get them to fix the fans.

Danoss

Thanks to Danoss for helping me pick out a camera. Picked up a near new Sony Nex 5n dual lens kit, an18-55mm and an E 16mm F/2.8 lens. Also got a spare battery and a 4gig SD card along with a bag and a bunch of other accessories for $400.

In the meantime, off to Europe. Stay out of trouble. :D

Glad to hear it, mate. Have a great trip!

Board games are a bit of a stretch. If it were only the games listed I could live with that, but they should do everyone a favour and add Munchkin to the list.

On that topic, I just took delivery of some miniatures, books and a few extras from the WarMachine/Hordes wargame. My gaming group plays it and I wasn't really a part of it, but I thought I'd give it a go. Starting off with a small group of Trollbloods and seeing how it goes.

uxoBrai.jpg

They come unpainted and there is zero chance mine will look anywhere near as good as these, but it's a good example and will be fun painting them either way.

jambo

Looking forward to the RadGAF meet up.

Can't believe we'll be pushing MelbGAF numbers on our first go!

Might be a good idea to ring up and book an area that can fit us all.

WELCOME TO THE TEAM.
Even though I don't count.

I'm team leave adelaide for greener pastures then miss it.

Edit: busses are pretty simple, just let us know where you need to be and adelgaf will direct you there!

Cheers. Bit of a change for me. ^_^ And thanks for the offer. I'll do my best not to get lost.

Hmm I will be coming to town or near enough this Wednesday to see my new boy. Could always come down earlier and say hi. What suburb are you staying in?

Vista/Tea Tree Gully! :D Mini-pre meet-up beers? DMmmmmmm...

no negative gearing lel

How come no one's posted the newbie quiz for the aussie stragglers and Mr. H. Protagonist? Hey don't look at me, I'm too lazy for that ish

Heeheehee

And, I have to pass a test to join? *_*

Lucian Cat

Looking forward to the RadGAF meet up.

Can't believe we'll be pushing MelbGAF numbers on our first go!

Might be a good idea to ring up and book an area that can fit us all.
Can the elephant cater to us all or should we be looking elsewhere?

Looks like a good turn out.

and won't be a massive sausage fest
We can pretend to be men if you'd like :p

Vista/Tea Tree Gully! :D Mini-pre meet-up beers? Dmmmmmmm...
Oh man that's only 40 minutes away. Sweet! Don't tempt me to drink though. I won't be able to drive back haha.

Bernbaum

BrisGAF, prepare for a few years worth of news stories about how much West End is being destroyed: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/bus...te-set-for-transformation-20131031-2wm3n.html

(That's the building I work in at the back there...)

I knew an artist that lived in there and got in shit for living in it and renting it out to randoms. Apparently that's against a law or something. The City Glider stops in front of it and I've seen cops in there on multiple occasions.

I think all I miss about living in West End is immediate access to $8 curries from the Indian Kitchen.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Can the elephant cater to us all or should we be looking elsewhere?

Oh man that's only 40 minutes away. Sweet! Don't tempt me to drink though. I won't be able to drive back haha.

elephant should be fine. im on holidays so ill get there early and secure a table outside. and start drinking at 2pm.

Board games are a bit of a stretch. If it were only the games listed I could live with that, but they should do everyone a favour and add Munchkin to the list.
ahaha.
I remember the only time I won munchkin was because no one bothered to look at my cards so I didn't get piled on :|

On that topic, I just took delivery of some miniatures, books and a few extras from the WarMachine/Hordes wargame. My gaming group plays it and I wasn't really a part of it, but I thought I'd give it a go. Starting off with a small group of Trollbloods and seeing how it goes.

uxoBrai.jpg

They come unpainted and there is zero chance mine will look anywhere near as good as these, but it's a good example and will be fun painting them either way.
aaawww man that looks awesome. I'm sure those will come in handy for a bunch of different games. Were the paints expensive? I've always wanted to paint my own miniature for RP stuff, but I don't think I'd be able to steady my hands enough to paint something so tiny. Good luck with it! I hope it works out well.

Lucian Cat

elephant should be fine. im on holidays so ill get there early and secure a table outside. and start drinking at 2pm.
Haha sweet. I'll have to see what I'm doing that day with what time I can come down. Also thinking I'm gonna drop my early Saturday morning shift. Coz Jesus I'm not waking up at 6 after an evening out with you guys

Just finished my research paper on Japan-Korea relations. I have decided now that I will never again delve into it, and that I hate the politics of both countries. They are just so god damn petty. It was impossible to read anything written by someone from either country because they'd inevitably slip in "also Korea/Japan succckks" every paragraph. Then there were the Korean programs that would have fake subtitles for Japanese people, or completely ignoring logic to make ridiculous statements. I'm done. So done. Never again.
Hahahahaha, this made me laugh much, much more than it should have. As a person who once wrote a draft copy of my magnum opus, the great "East Asian Geopolitical Relations" drinking game, it's just much easier to get crazy drunk Shan!~ Also, we have two lovely right-wing executives in Japan and Korea so there's plenty of contemporary material.

If it makes you feel better, I'm infiltrating Japan one filthy hippie Nintendo fanboy post at a time!

Also... when's the next SydGAF meeting? I'm introverted and probably wouldn't talk much buuuuuut I have to advance the course of drunk Mario Party 'tralia wide (and meeting you guys would be pretty rad)!

Oh, and Equity and Trusts can go fly a kite.

Vormund

OMG MEETUPS!

RadelaideGAF/Not So BadelaideGAF
When: November 15th 5-6pm ONWARDS
Where: Elephant?
Attending: HolyCheck, Jambo, Frawdder, Lucian Cat, Dead Man, Mr Tone, DeadMeadow88
Maybe:turtlesbonanza, H Protagonist
Not Attending:
Why: Because Jambo has too many friends and this is the only time that works for him. Get an autograph.

Yeah I'll be in Thailand then... setup another for when I get back mid December!

Vista/Tea Tree Gully! :D Mini-pre meet-up beers? DMmmmmmm...

Your not that far from me. (Parafield)

the day ausgaf can't appreciate some tism in their lives is a sad day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4vSEXvLsx0
Oh god, the T25 flashbacks.

31336-PTSD-dog-qxhD.gif

Hahahahaha, this made me laugh much, much more than it should have. As a person who once wrote a draft copy of my magnum opus, the great "East Asian Geopolitical Relations" drinking game, it's just much easier to get crazy drunk Shan!~ Also, we have two lovely right-wing executives in Japan and Korea so there's plenty of contemporary material.

If it makes you feel better, I'm infiltrating Japan one filthy hippie Nintendo fanboy post at a time!

Also... when's the next SydGAF meeting? I'm introverted and probably wouldn't talk much buuuuuut I have to advance the course of drunk Mario Party 'tralia wide (and meeting you guys would be pretty rad)!

Oh, and Equity and Trusts can go fly a kite.

haha, believe me once exams are over I will be getting quite drunk. At least I'm not doing law, that sounds like hell D: Good luck!!

I may be in Sydney around December. Could be a good chance to organise a meet up of some sort?

haha, believe me once exams are over I will be getting quite drunk. At least I'm not doing law, that sounds like hell D: Good luck!!

I may be in Sydney around December. Could be a good chance to organise a meet up of some sort?
I'd really love to read your report when I'm done failing everything! What are you majoring in Shan?

If it helps, I'm majoring in Politics and Law because I'm a sadist (not to the extent that I'd vote for Tony but about "I collected all the blue coins in Super Mario Sunshine level").

Maaaaan, I could go for some dunkeroos round about now.

oh hey yeah weren't you the guy that asked about street passing jint? Did end up stalking his ass? lol
Haha, absolute honour to have that as my distinguishing trait mate!~ So far, I'm putting all my Melbourne Cup money on Jintor being the cute girl at the KFC.

I see absolutely no complication in publicly declaring my love to her and claiming her as my Nowi waifu.

Haha. Not necessary.

But I'll leave that decision up to Adelaidegaf.

The plus side of Melbourne cup is noone does any actual work today which is nice. Though they did cheap out again on getting everyone lunch. Fuckers.

We take the local cup day off down here so I have to be at work today.

Won't have much work to do though since everyone who hassles the shit out if me is in Melbourne though! Woo!

Yeah I'll be in Thailand then... setup another for when I get back mid December!

Your not that far from me. (Parafield)

Oh, not bad. We are a bit close. :) You're going to have to recommend me stuff around the area for when I'm hanging about by myself.

I'm a northerner too, count me innnnnn

Woo!

Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about the Melbourne Cup?

Even I give a shit about the Melbourne Cup. :) It just seems like a fun excuse to wear big hats and cheer on horses named Super Cool and Masked Marvel (though honestly the names aren't as silly as I was hoping for). Just have a nice coffee and enjoy the day off.

jambo

Haha, CoD Ghosts on PC won't launch if you have less than 6GB of ram, bit only uses 1.8GB when maxed out.

Also FOV is locked at 65...

Jintor

[also stalking of jintor is at stage 2 for hilarious consequences]

oh hey yeah weren't you the guy that asked about street passing jint? Did end up stalking his ass? lol

Haha, absolute honour to have that as my distinguishing trait mate!~ So far, I'm putting all my Melbourne Cup money on Jintor being the cute girl at the KFC.

I see absolutely no complication in publicly declaring my love to her and claiming her as my Nowi waifu.

tumblr_mvhiqmv7141rnx5rho1_500.gif

Also you're too late this is my last week of uni EVER (assuming I pass my exams)

Top Bottom