• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

jambo

Hopefully retail 290s are actually as fast as the benchmarked ones...

u2QsU5n.png

Totally!

I recall when I was in primary school and living on the Central Coast, there was a shop called the Plaster Funhouse (I think) at The Entrance

Whoaaa
I live in Wamberal.
I don't think I ever visited that establishment though.

I'll try score you a Pepsi Blue that's probably been in storage or a landfill for the past ten years though~!!

[ausgaf family tree wanted -- inquire within]

I'd love one thanks
I don't think I ever had one.

HOT DIGGITY DAMN!

Says Anandtech: "To get right to the point then, this is one of a handful of cards we’ve ever had to recommend against. The performance for the price is stunning, but we cannot in good faith recommend a card this loud when any other card is going to be significantly quieter. There comes a point where a video card is simply too loud for what it does, and with the 290 AMD has reached it."

Oh. Cold diggity.

Warm diggity!

Shaneus

WOW

I knew it would be bad before I even looked.

$50 for cars only.

First pack is at launch.

For a game that they didn't finish in time to get on the disc in the first place.

So those 10 cars could very well have been done and dusted before the vanilla game itself was.

That is madness.

How many packs of cars are there? At $50 you would expect $10 each pack right?
Fake Edit: Oh I think it's 4 packs.
So $15 per pack?

They have 40 cars that they can pump out, with such detail that you can do the "look over every inch of interior" shit, in the next four months?

This is DLC separate to the game?

40 cars with that much detail not included in the game?
It's confirmed to actually be 6 packs, but the killer is how (I don't know if you knew this) while Turn 10 said a while back that they'd had to leave content off the disc so it could get mastered in time, they're also releasing more DLC and charging users for it. That they're doing so smacks of content being withheld just to charge users.

Nope, you've made your choice. Enjoy your Shield, sucker.

I remain entirely unaffected by TLoU.

I mean, it wasn't trash or anything, it just... didn't affect me much.

I was a bit the same. I got to the part where
you first escape the city with ellie
, got bored and put it down. I think it was something about the mechanics that annoyed me or it just didn't click. I'm sure I'll get back to it at some point, but there is no rush.

Deeku

Jintor is pretty cute. Can I be his cousin
LOL!

you know, now that i think about it, it's kinda crazy damo yoshi keeps streetpassing tha jint randomly. you guys are probably in the same class for something. cos i never sp'd nobody at uni, not even jint when me met up cos her battery was dead!

do you believe in fate, mr yoshi?

I see you got the Special "not to be sold separately" Edition. Spiffy. Hmmmmm...

Some poor child opening their Last of Us PS3 Bundle is going to have a rough Christmas Day...
Fuck that kid, I need me some cheap Naughty Dog!

Hopefully retail 290s are actually as fast as the benchmarked ones...

u2QsU5n.png
I don't see why they wouldn't? Once MSI slaps their shit on there I will be very keen to see a new review done.

It's confirmed to actually be 6 packs, but the killer is how (I don't know if you knew this) while Turn 10 said a while back that they'd had to leave content off the disc so it could get mastered in time, they're also releasing more DLC and charging users for it. That they're doing so smacks of content being withheld just to charge users.
Yeah they have no excuse since it's day one DLC really. At least be honest about it all.

I remain entirely unaffected by TLoU.

I mean, it wasn't trash or anything, it just... didn't affect me much.

Well,
one of the big reasons it got me all emotional is because I'm a father and I worry about my son dying every single day :(
I expect the director has children by how well written/acted/animated it all was

Jintor

Well,
one of the big reasons it got me all emotional is because I'm a father and I worry about my son dying every single day :(
I expect the director has children by how well written/acted/animated it all was

But TWD affected me, so that can't be the only modifier, can it?

Danoss

Was busy being out and about the past few days and wasn't around long enough to be able to set the cat traps. You're supposed to be nearby so they aren't trapped for long before contacting the impound officer for retrieval. I was able to do so today and learnt a lesson on the first go – these little shits are clever and the sensitivity of the trap really matters.

The first cat made off with the food without setting the trap off. That was first thing this morning. I reset the trap with the sensitivity just above a hair-trigger and re-positioned the bait ever so slightly. Nothing happened the rest of today... until a little while ago. I thought I heard something and went out and saw a ginger calmly sitting, looking back at me from inside the cage. I went to transport it into the garage so other cats couldn't harass it throughout the night.

Holy shit this thing went ballistic as soon as I was next to the cage! It started ramming its head up against the solid back wall of the cage trying to break out and attempted to swipe at me through the thin gaps. It drew blood from its nose while trying to do this, not a lot, but it wasn't nice. Poor thing was incredibly stressed out. I'm not fond of cats at all, but I don't like seeing any animal in distress.

I gave it about half an hour in the garage and just got back from slipping some water in the cage. It was nice and calm and I had no issues doing so, it didn't move except to look around at me. I texted the impound officer and she'll be around first thing tomorrow morning to pick it up. Happy days.

Gah, this is turning into my personal blog.

Whoaaa
I live in Wamberal.
I don't think I ever visited that establishment though.

It was pretty cool. Just around the corner from the arcade that was on the Entrance Road if I remember correctly. That was 20+ years ago though.

senahorse

TWD had a big impact on me, the ending was extremely satisfying yet sad. TLoU I immensely enjoyed but the ending kind of fell flat
The lying twist was cool though

Also goddam I hope Telltale have fixed the save system for TWD s2. Both my gf and I had to replay the last season of TWD for 400 days, I will not be surprised in the least if the same thing happens to TWDs2. Great story writers, terrible programmers/QA.

I really loved TWD. Can't wait for the second season. I don't have a PS3, so won't get to see TLoU.

Has anyone played The Wolf Among Us yet?

I gave it about half an hour in the garage and just got back from slipping some water in the cage. It was nice and calm and I had no issues doing so, it didn't move except to look around at me.
Heh, they are like little people. Just got to treat them like that. Hope it sends a message to the rest of them!

Has anyone played The Wolf Among Us yet?

I only played the first episode of TWD until a bug resulted in a decision being referred to incorrectly at the farm, which pissed me off enough that I stopped playing.

I LOVED the first episode of The Wolf Among Us. As a result I went out and read the first arc of Fables. So good. Telltale have come along a long way since me hating their releases.

I only played the first episode of TWD until a bug resulted in a decision being referred to incorrectly at the farm, which pissed me off enough that I stopped playing.

I LOVED the first episode of The Wolf Among Us. As a result I went out and read the first arc of Fables. So good. Telltale have come along a long way since me hating their releases.

I lost my save after the first 3 episodes of TWD. Still loved the game though.

I've been dying to play The Wolf Among Us but wasn't sure if I should wait for all the episodes or not. I should read Fables too.

Kritz

Banned
Fables Wolf Among Us episode 1 is really great. It's nice to see a playable character who's actually kind of an asshole, where dialogue is choosing between different shades of jerk. Who knows where the story's gonna go at this point, though. Too early to know if it's gonna stick the landing.

edit: ambiguity?

Fables and The Wolf Among Us are separate from each other, it's billed as a prequel I think but it's more of a retooling.

Both are awesome in their own ways. Don't feel you need to read Fables before playing the game, kinda like TWD in that way.

Nope.

They literally went out and bought some R290X cards to test out one's from shops and they were quite a bit slower. Sites are still looking in to it.

Wow, so AMD sent out supercharged cards as 'reference' units? How could they not expect that to blow up in their face?

jambo

Wow, so AMD sent out supercharged cards as 'reference' units? How could they not expect that to blow up in their face?

They're not sure exactly what's going on. AFAIK some review sites have tried fiddling with drivers and settings to work out if there was just something wrong, but it is a bit odd that there's such a big gap.

Rahk

I'm terrible at planning things in advance.

Booked a flight to Tokyo last night. Leaving Friday, going for 3 weeks.

Latest Humble Bundle includes Arkham Asylum, Arkham City*, Scribblenauts Unlimited*, FEAR 2, FEAR 3, LOTR: War in the North

*BTA, currently about USD$4.50

All individual keys. Steam.

Edit: Well, I say "keys", but you have to click on each and connect it to a Steam account. I guess you could do them separately if you had the credentials for multiple accounts.

Also, for Omi:
R6nszcy.png

The vast majority of Australians admit that even if content were kept at a low price and made available immediately, they would still pirate it just because they can.
Where are you getting that from? The survey in question surveyed 1035 people, of which 27% (290) said they pirate stuff. And of those, 42% (122** people, which is 11% of the original respondents) said they'll continue to download for free. Not exactly a "vast majority"...

** The wording in that article is a bit unclear, but I think my numbers are right.

Danoss

Heh, they are like little people. Just got to treat them like that. Hope it sends a message to the rest of them!

Absolutely. Doesn't matter how much I dislike an animal or whatever, none of them deserve mistreatment or anything of the sort. If I were in the cats situation, I'd act no differently.

I really despise cockroaches, which probably sounds strange coming from a person who quite likes spiders. Even then, if I catch one slowly dying from a surface spray or whatever, it gets the thong of doom. Not because it pleases me to kill the little buggers, I just don't like seeing them suffer. I imagine the pain would be excruciating.

As an update, I brought the cat out of the garage this morning so it could get some fresh air after being cooped up in the garage all night. It was clearly still upset, not dangerously so, just afraid as would be expected. I can't tell if it touched the water I gave it, but it hasn't even nibbled at the food that got it trapped in the first place, not that this is surprising given how stressed it would be.

Apparently I lucked out when giving it water, the lady who just came to pick it up said that it's only really needed on hot days. She told me that she once lifted the door only slightly, maybe 3–4cm, and that was enough for the cat to force the door the rest of the way and escape. "Do so at your own risk" was what she told me.

While typing this, I just heard the neighbours trying to bring in the big ginger cat that's hanging out the front after seeing the other one being carted away. Fuck these people, I doubt they have the patience or care to keep this up for the rest of the month I have the trap for.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'm terrible at planning things in advance.

Booked a flight to Tokyo last night. Leaving Friday, going for 3 weeks.

Wise.

My trip to korea is so far aeay it's silly (march) usually I don't book an o's trip anymore than a month out otherwise.

I am really enjoying working at the RSPCA. I'm the only volunteer on this morning but finished early and I've literally played with rabbits, cats and walked/trained the dogs. Amazing. :)

Rlan

Congratulations to ignorant content producers for treating Australians like cash cows to be taken advantage of. The Pirate ship has sailed.

http://delimiter.com.au/2013/11/05/cheap-legal-options-wouldnt-stop-australians-pirating/

The vast majority of Australians admit that even if content were kept at a low price and made available immediately, they would still pirate it just because they can.

Eh, I feel that I know a lot of people who now use Spotify for their music. I certainly do. If there was a Netflix esque "pay $10 a month to stream" service I'd use it.

My house mate doesn't even use torrents for watching Breaking Bad, he just goes to one of the shady online streaming sites. THAT is what they have to deal with - 3 clicks away video streaming.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Eh, I feel that I know a lot of people who now use Spotify for their music. I certainly do. If there was a Netflix esque "pay $10 a month to stream" service I'd use it.

My house mate doesn't even use torrents for watching Breaking Bad, he just goes to one of the shady online streaming sites. THAT is what they have to deal with - 3 clicks away video streaming.

It really is that simple. Fuck you can even watch things by simply googling the tv show name and what episode you want. Then bam dozens of links.

Top Bottom