• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
OMG MEETUPS!

RadelaideGAF/Not So BadelaideGAF
When: November 15th 5-6pm ONWARDS
Where: Elephant?
Attending: HolyCheck, Jambo, Frawdder, Lucian Cat, Dead Man, Mr Tone, DeadMeadow88
Maybe:turtlesbonanza, H Protagonist, bananafish, aniseed
Not Attending: Vormund (too busy jet setting in asia)
Why: Because Jambo has too many friends and this is the only time that works for him. Get an autograph.

MelbGAF until it drunkenly becomes mitchgaf and aniseed and holycheck eat kebabs drunkenly at 5am again
When: November 8th 5-6pm Onwards
Where: BEER FUCKING DELUX???LOL.
Attending:HolyCheck, Aniseed, cosdwallop, lafiel
Maybe: Megadrive, DeathJr
Not Attending:
Why: Because.

KEEN? QUOTE POST AND LET ME KNOW.

Another maybe for radelaide.

Kritz

Banned
I might've had more entertainment from watching battlefield 4 download than actually playing it.

... I wonder if anyone's playing 1942

Danoss

Oh man, I've heard about this and I've been meaning to catch it. I take it that it has AusGaf's recommendation? Where exactly would one watch season 1?

Big stamp of approval! I can't say enough good things about it. If I could wipe my memory of the first season and watch it for the first time again, I would do it in a heartbeat.

I followed along on YouTube and there have been a number of links posted which will take you there.

It's nice to see so many fans of The Genius.
Brilliant recommendation Danoss.

It pleases me so much too, I'm glad others have enjoyed it as much as I did. You can thank some members of my gaming circles for gushing about the show and bringing it to my attention.

Xbox Live lead program manager John Bruno said:
Once in a while, rather frequently actually, the host OS will require an update, meaning the physical machine is going to get rebooted, whether your code is running or not. That’s a problematic thing for a game, and is oftentimes is in the middle of a multiplayer session, we’ve worked very hard to overcome that, but that’s not to say it’s going to be a reality in every case

Jesus Choc, get these people to run their script by PR first!

Shaneus

I might've had more entertainment from watching battlefield 4 download than actually playing it.

... I wonder if anyone's playing 1942
hKUdJ6u.png

FUCK YEAH MOTHERFUCKER WOO

Danoss

hKUdJ6u.png

FUCK YEAH MOTHERFUCKER WOO

that 1942's good too! Is there anything bad about things related to 1942? I don't think so!

Oh yes, I played and loved the shit out of that game! I'd be terrible now, but 8 year old Danoss was so much better.

Another cat in the trap this morning! This one was one of the real annoying moaners. It sounded like that Russian cat on YouTube going "Nonononono", except it would be "Daayeeeeeeeeeeeewwww".

Omikron

I must say, I still find the flippant use of the term 'Hitler' pretty... uncomfortable. But, I have said it before etc and please continue as you were.

Danoss

The marketing student in me rages at the idea of a 292 person survey being considered scientific. I would consider it "scientific" as it gives an incredibly small sample size compared to the amount of people who download stuff.

There is also quite a difference between what someone says they'll do and what they actually end up doing.

Jintor

I use a filter that replaces it with markot.

After four or five years my shitty laptop's wireless card has finally died in the last week of uni. Good timing

Shaneus

Forza 5 update: Fewer tracks and cars than Forza 4 lol next gen

Oh yes, I played and loved the shit out of that game! I'd be terrible now, but 8 year old Danoss was so much better.

Another cat in the trap this morning! This one was one of the real annoying moaners. It sounded like that Russian cat on YouTube going "Nonononono", except it would be "Daayeeeeeeeeeeeewwww".
Oh god, I remember when I lived with my folks, the noises the cats made. Freaked me out at first because they sounded like babies crying :(

Fredescu

I must say, I still find the flippant use of the term 'Hitler' pretty... uncomfortable. But, I have said it before etc and please continue as you were.

I mean, to be fair, in this case in was in the context of "bad things about 1942", so it's not all that flippant. I can see your general point though.

Danoss

I use a filter that replaces it with markot.

Kritz could modify the Danoss smiley face rainbow script and replace it with or add markot functionality.

Hi-res, lo-content.

Oh god, I remember when I lived with my folks, the noises the cats made. Freaked me out at first because they sounded like babies crying :(

Oh yeah, the noises they make can be absolutely dreadful. I've mistaken some sounds for babies crying or young children playing. Other times I didn't know what to make of them, but some sounds combined with them jumping all over the roof late at night could be rather disturbing.

Can you isolate gravity? My safety training is telling me that gravity is a source of energy I need to switch off, must stop and make sure any that is stored is released before work commences.

:/

I mean, to be fair, in this case in was in the context of "bad things about 1942", so it's not all that flippant. I can see your general point though.
Had to get in quickly before Markot saw it!

You'll probably all hate Cats that look like Hitler, I guess.

Personally, the use of the word matters less to me than the context, but then again, I don't have any family outside of Australia affected by WWII and even then it was pretty minor.

jambo

The marketing student in me rages at the idea of a 292 person survey being considered scientific. I would consider it "scientific" as it gives an incredibly small sample size compared to the amount of people who download stuff.

Wow, didn't realise the sample group was that small.

hh9KQFo.gif

Danoss

Oh, new Bundle of Holding is up! This one is OSR-centric. For those not up on the terminology, OSR is Old School Renaissance, Old School Roleplaying or some other variation which essentially means the same thing. For many, it's nostalgia for early D&D gaming and these games exist to recreate or emulate that experience.

I'll be giving this one a miss. Early D&D was adversarial as it was borne out of wargaming and was essentially a way to link battles together with a narrative. Not to poo-poo it, it's just not for me, but maybe someone else here will dig it. I will have to get to reading Playing at the World someday soon which details the history of it all, and this was included in a previous bundle too; great value. Enough people enjoy the OSR for there to be a number of successful titles though, so more power to them.

I don't have any giveaways from the last bundle as I didn't end up buying it. Money was a little tight and even the minimum buy was a little more than I had to spare. That's alright though, none of it was essential and it would've been some time before I got around to reading any of it.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I don't like today. Waiting around to do my practical medication exam then got a written one this arvo. Pray for mojo.

Shaneus

Can you isolate gravity? My safety training is telling me that gravity is a source of energy I need to switch off, must stop and make sure any that is stored is released before work commences.

:/
Is that the training you were coming to the CBD for? Did you still wanna do lunch?

For some reason I thought it was later in the month.

Mistle

Nintendo Australia rock! I somehow got dirt under my screen so I sent it in.
I'm out of warranty, but they still sent me back a brand new 3DS system, transferred all my content, and I didn't have to pay a cent :D
And to top it off the new system doesn't click as loud when opening lol

Is that the training you were coming to the CBD for? Did you still wanna do lunch?

For some reason I thought it was later in the month.

Kinda. We talked them around yesterday to doing remote access for the training. Turns out they are just fucking eBooks on our regular Learning Portal bullshit anyway. They just wanted us to have "the Lonsdale St office experience". Idiots.

For some reason they deleted all the old units from the system because they updated the induction models with some animated images so I'm just redoing all the stuff I did 12 months ago. Which I originally did 12 months before that.

Productivity ho!

senahorse

Considering cancelling my xbone/ps4 preorders and waiting 6 months or so.

What are the must have games (if any) during the next 6 months that I can't play on PC?

Damnit Penello, ad supported free music was actually something I thought as a positive for the Xbone. Get your facts straight before saying so!

Also Xenos there was a good picture floating around but I left it at home and never retweeted it.

Knack is becoming more and more of a must buy for me. Has the easy accessible mode for kids as well as the punishing 2 hit kill mode of the original Crash Bandicoot. Seems to be tons of level variety too, incredibly reminiscent of the old Crash games.

hamchan

Considering cancelling my xbone/ps4 preorders and waiting 6 months or so.

What are the must have games (if any) during the next 6 months that I can't play on PC?

For me it's just Infamous.
MGS:Ground Zeroes if that comes out early next year.

On Xbone I do think Forza 5 and Killer Instinct look good.

This holidays I'll probably be playing my PS3, 3DS and PC more than I will my PS4.

Damnit Penello, ad supported free music was actually something I thought as a positive for the Xbone. Get your facts straight before saying so!
When did he ever say it was? I checked his tweets going back over a year and saw only six mentions of the word 'music', four of which are in the past day relating to his correction...

When did he ever say it was? I checked his tweets going back over a year and saw only six mentions of the word 'music', four of which are in the past day relating to his correction...

You looking on PC or mobile? Related headlines under it are
Xbox One has free, ad-supported Xbox Music streaming
Eurogamer.net @eurogamer
Xbox One includes free ad-supported Xbox Music streaming
The Verge @verge

Tweet was deleted

Not a huge deal, just irritating that he still keeps saying things that aren't true/he doesn't understand.

Related: Anyone know if Spotify are doing an app for nextgen? Netflix is there on PS4 but not sure about Spotify.

senahorse

Hmmm, Forza 5 and KI I am only mildly interested in, same kind of goes for Infamous. As for Knack it doesn't really look like anything special for me (if I had kids maybe). Ryse I don't really know much about it but looks pretty ordinary to me. If that's pretty much it I guess I should hold off.

You looking on PC or mobile? Related headlines under it are.
I was looking under the site, but I didn't realise it was a response to someone. That's why I didn't see it.

I know I certainly wouldn't want to be a community manager or visible person in a big gaming company, it'd be awful having everyone watching everything you say all the time, even in response to someone else, and taking it as gospel and bashing you when you make an innocent mistake.

Top Bottom