• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

This probably was the interesting part for me:

Reading this...I still feel the sentence seems too light. but again I don't know all the details of the case, beyond the offenders history.

Paragraphs 73-76 pertain to the sentencing of similar crimes (one blow with the fatality caused by hitting the ground)
In light of the precedent (and having read through the rest of the judgement) I think it's pretty reasonable. I guess one could say they're all too light, which is their prerogative.

Never have I seen so much amazing in a post before (warning, like 50MB of gifs)

7fXvnC9l.jpg

This was also sitting on a shelf for some reason.

lol no releases this week.

Still blows my mind that eBay list WiiU games in with Wii.

Cricket ausgaf, would it be worth going to day 4 of the ashes?

Which game are you thinking of going to? You should be safe in Perth and the two dead drop-in pitches in Melbourne and Adelaide should last easily to the forth day. Brisbane and Sydney might be a risk if Swan and Anderson are firing. Their should be huge travelling crowds everywhere though to add to the atmosphere.

Fredescu

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I was looking at that case before, I don't mind the flat motherboard layout at all, it's very nice.

Plus, it has leather!

I haven't ever been to an Ashes match, so I would go to any day in a heartbeat. We won't be winning regardless though.

That was kind of my thinking as well. Not expecting them to win.

Which game are you thinking of going to? You should be safe in Perth and the two dead drop-in pitches in Melbourne and Adelaide should last easily to the forth day. Brisbane and Sydney might be a risk if Swan and Anderson are firing. Their should be huge travelling crowds everywhere though to add to the atmosphere.

Probably Brisbane, worth the risk I think.

ahahaha. One of my friends did a kickstarter that just ended successfully and he sent me an email saying thanks for donating etc. Turns out everyone who funded it got the same email addressed to me. Oops. I only donated $30 too, compared to several people who donated $300+.

Rimfya

Banned
I preordered a PS4 on the day of their E3 hype as I was super excited. Now I don't want it. What's the honourable thing to do?

I got a text from EB confirming it'll be there day one, can I transfer it? Can I get my money back? Should I just get it and flip on eBay like a scum bag?

I preordered a PS4 on the day of their E3 hype as I was super excited. Now I don't want it. What's the honourable thing to do?

I got a text from EB confirming it'll be there day one, can I transfer it? Can I get my money back? Should I just get it and flip on eBay like a scum bag?

Maybe see if you can transfer it and offer it to someone here? Failing that you could throw it on eBay, though one went for $650 so after fees etc I can't see it really being worth it.

Stackboy

Well the video ssrvices list for xb1 is out. Even sparser than I imagined. Not even Foxtel, which I figured would be the big headlining platform selling app. Not that I care about foxtel. iView is pretty much the only local streaming sevice I use on any platform.

I guess it missing and sbs and ten having apps is all due to them already having Windows 8 Store apps and iView not.

Pretty sure the same day the whole TV feature was announced for XBone, it was announced that Foxtel wouldn't be available on launch for Australian customers. It's weird that iView is missing. More and more reasons not to buy either console on launch.

You should be able to cancel the preorder and get the money transferred to something else. EB should just bump up the next person in line.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
On a train to werribee.

I'd rather kill myself then need to live on this side of the cbd. Bogan and dero as fuck. And oh so dirty. Ugh.

Yes that makes me sound like a prick. But so be it.

hamchan

PSA: Amazon will be doing buy 2 get 1 free PS4 games on Tuesday or Wednesday, on mobile so can't check timezone :/

Have they started shipping games here? Because I'd buy like 4 games to take advantage of that deal.

Alright whirlpool thread said they don't but they recommend using comgateway to ship the games over here. Even with shipping prices it'll still be cheaper than buying games here.

r1chard

On a train to werribee.

I'd rather kill myself then need to live on this side of the cbd. Bogan and dero as fuck. And oh so dirty. Ugh.

But it's true. I used to work out in Altona. That train ride sometimes, hoo boy.

I live in Tarneit, which is very close to Werribee. I know what you mean.

Good thing I don't use public transport. There's a shopping centre called Hogan's Corner, they should rename it to Bogan's Corner. Filthy and disgusting.

FIFA13 on PS Vita for $22 posted

Ton of $28 Vita games at EB

Pretty sure the same day the whole TV feature was announced for XBone, it was announced that Foxtel wouldn't be available on launch for Australian customers. It's weird that iView is missing. More and more reasons not to buy either console on launch.
Yup! Wait for the first price drop, or until there is a bunch of great games at low prices you would pickup.
Stuff like Knack, Killzone, Forza & Dead Rising should be under $50 by next Christmas, perfect time to jump in :)

Just got an email from them, sent me code for a free PS4 game :)))

Sweet! I thought they might do that since they do a similar thing with DD games and promotions down the track. Wanted to make sure you knew 100% though.

Good guy Amazon :)

On a train to werribee.

The sleep over with EatChildren was last night you silly head!

Have they started shipping games here? Because I'd buy like 4 games to take advantage of that deal.

Alright whirlpool thread said they don't but they recommend using comgateway to ship the games over here. Even with shipping prices it'll still be cheaper than buying games here.
If you have a current order with them they will still ship, so this was mainly for people like Death that I knew had orders with them.

Do you have friends/family in the US? Ask them to visit a Target store and they can get 3 games for $85.

I'm waiting on a friend to let me know if he was able to get his hands on that deal. It's 3 games for 2 deal PLUS 30% in store coupon, bringing the price of 3 games down to $85.

Happy birthday you old bean! Enjoy some sexy spreadsheets with your beer tonight! You earned it!

Also dude who got sent an early X1, created a fuckload of positive word of mouth/PR for the console, got banned from Xbox Live until release day, getting invited to the Launch Event, has discovered that even though he downloaded the Day One patch that strips the DRM from the X1, he can't even play the SP campaign of COD Ghosts in the current situation.

Not sure if this means a console/account ban means you can NEVER play even retail, offline games ever again, or this just means his console has been LOCKED OUT until launch but MS won't LOCK OUT consoles/accounts if they get banned in the future.

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out with our laws here :)

EDIT: Or option C, which is that the Day One patch is not the one he downloaded, so it still has the 24 hour shutdown mode activated! Sure hope they get that patch done in time.

What's the cheapest way to get a Wii Remote Plus?
Well, I support Collingwood [and mainly follow rugby league like a real Sydnersider
born in Melbourne
but I like you sooooooooooooo...

Not a lot of stock but I've seen some around!~ =)

Good luck mate!

#ozbargainrepplz

That EB sale has Rayman Legends for WiiU for $28 too
What's the likelihood that its price goes even lower before Christmas?

... I'm a bad person. =(

legend166

Well, I support Collingwood [and mainly follow rugby league like a real Sydnersider
born in Melbourne
but I like you sooooooooooooo...

Not a lot of stock but I've seen some around!~ =)

Good luck mate!

#ozbargainrepplz

What's the likelihood that its price goes even lower before Christmas?

... I'm a bad person. =(

Trust a Collingwood supporter to get it wrong!

Haha, but seriously, that's a link to the MotionPlus add-on. I'm looking to buy the Wii RemotePlus, the whole remote that has the MotionPlus built in. Yes, it's confusing. Stupid Nintendo.

Thanks though!

Trust a Collingwood supporter to get it wrong!
Haha, oh, you're right! I've been comparing that to this and wondering what the snap Dickies was doing selling a Wii Remote Plus at the same price as a Motion Plus. Saves a trip to the city!

In that case, you're more than welcome to join me in waiting for this "temporarily out of stock" product to get back in stock at this incredibly normal price?
pending 2028
what vooks dick smith isn't getting out of the vidja games market whatchu you talking about

ALSO TWO DAYS

looks NO OFFICIAL NINTENDO SEAL OF QUALITY DeathJr seeking as the real wii remote plus doesn't have the statement NEW 2in1 nor "motion plus" written in that way (the real one has a classy wave~)

Fucks sake, WiiU is PS3 circa 2007-2010.

Finally convince the son to play some NSMBU. Turn the thing on and boom. Update. The fucking thing ha been updating for the last 30 minutes! And it's only up to 72%
>_<

He's already lost interest and is getting distracted by other things :/

I was busy trying to find the game so by the time I realised the update was going to take forever I don't have an option to stop it.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Fedex cunts. They've had my goddamn package at Derrimut since Thursday. "International Priority" my ass. Need new gizmo!!!!!!

Twats! Waiting for the Nexus?

My precious came to me on Friday after calling them and star track about my delivery. Fedex gave it to star track on Thursday after 1 attempt to deliver, then star track dropped it off at my post office on Friday. Why fedex didn't deliver it to the post office themselves I don't understand...

Holy, is the radgaf meet still happening? After the melbourne cancellation I want to be sure before heading to town

HolyCheck

Yeh adelaide gaf still on. Fo shiz.

I'll be sitting at that bar drinking either way!

Also closer to the day if anyone needs a contact or anything just pm me and ill give you my mobile so it's easier to find people. As I'll be there early

Twats! Waiting for the Nexus?

My precious came to me on Friday after calling them and star track about my delivery. Fedex gave it to star track on Thursday after 1 attempt to deliver, then star track dropped it off at my post office on Friday. Why fedex didn't deliver it to the post office themselves I don't understand...

Your impressions on the phone?

If you want double app performance and increased battery life, enable developer options and switch the Renderer to ART from dalvik. Massive performance boost.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Yeh adelaide gaf still on. Fo shiz.

I'll be sitting at that bar drinking either way!

Also closer to the day if anyone needs a contact or anything just pm me and ill give you my mobile so it's easier to find people. As I'll be there early
As I have no idea where we're even going (haven't googled the elephant yet, that's still the plan yes?) you can always pm me your number. I have Mr Tones' already so I'll be checking up with him to make sure he's still coming.

Anyone opposed to me bringing my partner? He's gonna be my driver as I plan to drink (He's not aware of this plan as of yet)

Your impressions on the phone?

If you want double app performance and increased battery life, enable developer options and switch the Renderer to ART from dalvik. Massive performance boost.
If I knew where to find developer options I would. I feel so dumb right now. Could find it on my gnex :/ I'm loving the phone so far. Hangouts kinda shat me off to start with though. Battery life is already blowing my mind. 12 hours in and still have 40% with moderate use. my gnex would have needed charging hours ago. How are you finding it? Can't wait for those cases to come too!
It'd better be!
!!!!!
I'll be there with bells on! Not literally.
I'm expecting you to come with bells on now. Do not disappoint me

HolyCheck

As I have no idea where we're even going (haven't googled the elephant yet, that's still the plan yes?) you can always pm me your number. I have Mr Tones' already so I'll be checking up with him to make sure he's still coming.

Anyone opposed to me bringing my partner? He's gonna be my driver as I plan to drink (He's not aware of this plan as of yet)

If I knew where to find developer options I would. I feel so dumb right now. Could find it on my gnex :/ I'm loving the phone so far. Hangouts kinda shat me off to start with though. Battery life is already blowing my mind. 12 hours in and still have 40% with moderate use. my gnex would have needed charging hours ago. How are you finding it? Can't wait for those cases to come too!

!!!!!

I'm expecting you to come with bells on now. Do not disappoint me

I too am expecting bells.

Yeh ep shall do re: my number, and yay for designated drivers.

They are hidden, you have to enable them first.

Go to settings > about phone.
Scroll all the way down to build number, tap it 7 times in quick succession.
Congrats, you're now a developer!
Go back to settings, you will see developer options just above the about phone tab.

Did you get a 150mb update when you first booted the phone?

Top Bottom