• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
They are hidden, you have to enable them first.

Go to settings > about phone.
Scroll all the way down to build number, tap it 7 times in quick succession.
Congrats, you're now a developer!
Go back to settings, you will see developer options just above the about phone tab.

Did you get a 150mb update when you first booted the phone?

Oh good I wasn't going crazy! Done and done. Phone is now resetting.

Yeah I got the update. What was up with that?

People in the US didn't get the update, so I'm assuming it was localised to AU. Probably google wallet, 4G and the like.

Should have probably mentioned this earlier, if you use whatsapp regularly, it is currently incompatible with ART, so it will randomly keep on crashing.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I dont. Installed it a few weeks back and they were saying I'd have to pay for it coz I'd had it previously or something. So I just deleted it. So no issues there!

Afternoon. Today is my birthday. I am going to have a beer. Because, beer, not because it is my birthday.

beer-display-credit-mike-beningo.jpg

Enjoy the beer mate. Hope you've had a good day.

Grassy

PSA: Amazon will be doing buy 2 get 1 free PS4 games on Tuesday or Wednesday, on mobile so can't check timezone :/

It starts at 4:00am Eastern Standard time on Wednesday here in Australia. I think...

Have they started shipping games here? Because I'd buy like 4 games to take advantage of that deal.

Alright whirlpool thread said they don't but they recommend using comgateway to ship the games over here. Even with shipping prices it'll still be cheaper than buying games here.

I just put Knack, Killzone, FIFA 14, NBA2K14, Ass Creed 4, Madden 25, Need for Speed: Rivals, COD: Ghosts and Battlefield 4 in my cart on Amazon and when I go to checkout it tells me Killzone and Knack can't ship here, but all the other games can be shipped to Australia.

I will try my luck with the 2 for 1 deal anyway.

I purchased Knack and Killzone from Tronixweb.com based in the US, whom I've been using for over 10 years now. $16 Fed Ex shipping to Australia and I often get my orders within 3 days. Great service for anyone who imports.

/me is exhausted from Supanova.

That's the busiest I've ever been working an Artist's Alley table. The last time I was that busy, I was in a dealers booth selling Death Note trading figures by the caseload.

I can possibly get a PS4 game for an AusGaffer because I don't have a 5th game on my list.

Is anyone interested? No promises because it depends on my friend in LA, but you can get any PS4 game for under $60 delivered. Let me know by tomorrow please.

Kritz??

PS4 plus two games and a controller for roughly the same as it costs here. Amazing

I don't even know why I wanted an extra controller. 99% of the time I play solo. Might just use it on the PC

Dead Man

Woo, back online, sort of. Using a new phone sim and hoping for the best with the connection. Adam internet fucked the transfer request, then the exchange fucked the port forwarding or something, maybe fixed this week. :/ Also, fired. YAY! Unemployment rocks. Right? Guys? :(

Also a quick question, I need a wireless adapter for the PC, does it matter what one I get and is PCIe better than a USB thingie?
Ok everyone ask a question so we can compile the quiz. The 2013 quiz!

My question:

You're a yob or you're a wanker - Take your fucking choice.
So who is your favourite genius James Hird or James Joyce?

This Is Serious Holy

Pages and pages to catch up on, but this is a glorious pair of posts. You are both wankers of the highest order.

That sucks, Dead Man. I hope you find a new job quickly. If you want one, quickly, that is. Looking at the same type of jobs or going to have a career change?

lexi

Banned
Woo, back online, sort of. Using a new phone sim and hoping for the best with the connection. Adam internet fucked the transfer request, then the exchange fucked the port forwarding or something, maybe fixed this week. :/ Also, fired. YAY! Unemployment rocks. Right? Guys? :(

Also a quick question, I need a wireless adapter for the PC, does it matter what one I get and is PCIe better than a USB thingie?

Pages and pages to catch up on, but this is a glorious pair of posts. You are both wankers of the highest order.

Unemployed? More like Funemployed! Appreciate the free time, I would love some right about now.

You want PCIe Wireless, I hate messing around with USB dongles.

Dead Man

That sucks, Dead Man. I hope you find a new job quickly. If you want one, quickly, that is. Looking at the same type of jobs or going to have a career change?
Thanks. Done with social work for a while I think, I'll be checking out how much work is needed to get my security license again and go back to looking stern for money I think, more relaxing than the last 4 months of bullshit has been.
Damn, that sucks dude. Hope you at least got a payout :(
No payout, bullshit from a manager and exec manager who lied to the ceo. Fuck em. Thanks though.
Unemployed? More like Funemployed! Appreciate the free time, I would love some right about now.

You want PCIe Wireless, I hate messing around with USB dongles.

Hah! Free time is nice. Cheers for the tip too.

Thanks. Done with social work for a while I think, I'll be checking out how much work is needed to get my security license again and go back to looking stern for money I think, more relaxing than the last 4 months of bullshit has been.

Abbotts Australia - fuck social services, lets all get drunk and fight instead

I mean he is creating this society of fuck being nice, lets be selfish and drink to excess and kill each other

Also no chance you can hit up EEO to fuck them around? Or were you employed directly through public services (not that I'm saying public services are corrupt den of lies and illegal wrongdoing, to anyone who may be tracking what I say online in regards to my job!!!) and have no chance of getting anywhere with a claim?

Shaneus

Boo DM :( Glad you have internet, but fuck having no job. You should ditch Sadelaide and come to Melbourne, Home of TISM.

PS. Has anyone started a thread about how racist the entire US is because of the thing that happened with that NFL player? Because we all know the population of Australia was tarred with the same racist brush when Adam Goodes was called an "ape".

Dead Man

Oh, this is what I came to share, then I got caught up replying to rep. Not complaining :)

Found this when catching up on my G+ feed. It's from Metatopia , which is a RPG game design festival/convention.

http://i.imgur.com/kyVSoDS.jpg[IMG]

I think it's a great example of how inclusive the community is and the effort they'll put in to be more-so. There's something for everyone in the roleplaying arena and I love that the message is quite strong. The more I read, see and hear, the more it's visible that the message is "If you like RPGs, that's all that matters to us. Come and have a good time, we'll do our best to ensure you do".

I've always thought 'tolerance' is bullshit. Tolerating is one thing and I perceive it as a negative. Acceptance is what should be encouraged and something to strive for. No one is pleased to say others 'tolerate' them. To be accepted is what most of us want, need and deserve.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's an old post, but fuck it, I like the contents, so I'm quoting it to say so.

[quote="lexi, post: 89388346"]Does you losing your job have anything to do with the new government?[/QUOTE]
Nah, just shitheads and workplace politics. Clients complained, no adverse finding, but not safe to return to work so the managers et al decided I had to lose my job to save their budget I think. Just a fucking failure of management all the way. Mediocrity can be a powerful tool, apparently.
[quote="roosters93, post: 89388454"]Suckup!

<3
Just grow your beard extra luscious and thick. Security license rendered unnecessary.[/QUOTE]
<3 back at ya
[quote="reptilescorpio, post: 89389336"]Abbotts Australia - fuck social services, lets all get drunk and fight instead

[spoiler]I mean he is creating this society of fuck being nice, lets be selfish and drink to excess and kill each other[/spoiler]

Also no chance you can hit up EEO to fuck them around? Or were you employed directly through public services (not that I'm saying public services are corrupt den of lies and illegal wrongdoing, to anyone who may be tracking what I say online in regards to my job!!!) and have no chance of getting anywhere with a claim?[/QUOTE]
Nah, private company, I could fight it, but it's not worth the 18 months of bullshit. I can get another job, they will always be fuckwits.
[quote="Jintor, post: 89389528"]That[URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=642359"] copper racial profiling[/URL] thread in Britain in the OT is freaky-deaky. Can't wait until Abbott steals it for here!

[B]It is also like six months old, but whatever.[/B][/QUOTE]
Thought it was odd I had a thread I didn't recognise in my subscriptions.

[quote="Shaneus, post: 89389627"]Boo DM :( Glad you have internet, but fuck having no job. You should ditch Sadelaide and come to Melbourne, Home of TISM.[/QUOTE]

But TISM is gone, and my weird cousins live in Vic, so then I would have to see them more than once a year. I'll just be content to be poor(er) and not in Victoria ;)

[quote="Omi, post: 89358883"]Afternoon. Today is my birthday. I am going to have a beer. Because, beer, not because it is my birthday.

[IMG]http://bikebusbeer.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/beer-display-credit-mike-beningo.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Happy birthday!

Quasar

I purchased Knack and Killzone from Tronixweb.com based in the US, whom I've been using for over 10 years now. $16 Fed Ex shipping to Australia and I often get my orders within 3 days. Great service for anyone who imports.

Speaking of imports...is there a way to import PS4 camera and controller that would actually save me money?

Jintor

Just had a thought based on that post by Danoss - tolerance is about the person doing the tolerating. Acceptance is about the person who is being accepted.

Gazunta

Bulba yeah Artists Alley was insane. I barely got a chance to leave my table. Such an awesome turnout ! Bummed I didn't get to say hi though :/

Artists Alley is awesome fun. Next year at the convention centre should be mad!

So Wii FitU took 3 hours to download.

Now waiting for it to install, should take about half an hour.....

Woo!

Mine downloaded in 30 minutes on launch day. Guess I got lucky? Oo;

Bulba yeah Artists Alley was insane. I barely got a chance to leave my table. Such an awesome turnout ! Bummed I didn't get to say hi though :/

Artists Alley is awesome fun. Next year at the convention centre should be mad!

2012 was the first time I'd done Artist's Alley, so I'm not sure if this year was just a fluke due to something like the fact that so many people apparently didn't realize the vendors had their own separate area; or if it was actually closer to normal and it was just that 2012 BrisNova was depressed due to the constant downpour. The convention centre will certainly be interesting.

Will you be at Coast Nova?

Sad to hear about your job DM, employer sounds like a jerk.

Guys, a word of caution. Avoid using the site http://www.ratestogo.com/, I had recently used it to book accommodation in Cairns and got a call from my bank this morning advising that my card had been compromised.

This is the only site where I had used my card directly (normally use paypal), and all the fraudulent transactions were made for booking hotels in the US, so I'm certain it was this site which led to this hack.

Well, apart from amazon, this is the only site I have used in the past months. Just my luck I guess. :(
It's certainly a possibility, or someone anywhere along the chain from you to Rates to Go to the hotel could've done something dodgy. It may also be one of the Amazon partners (if you bought from someone who sells through Amazon). It does seem coincidental though.

Nope, only amazon directly. Never a partner.

Sucks real hard for me cause now I have to change my payment details with amazon, and they were going to charge my card for the ps4 pre-order this week.

Nope, only amazon directly. Never a partner.

Sucks real hard for me cause now I have to change my payment details with amazon, and they were going to charge my card for the ps4 pre-order this week.
Fuck, get on chat with them and hopefully they don't pull your order

Pray for Mojo indeed :(

Top Bottom