• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Everybody wants Kevin to get better, and though GAF can be a support network, it can also be a bit of a crutch :/. It's like any semi-anonymous online network. People can look out for you, but you never really have to confront your issues or even the advice you're given. It's too easy to put up defensive measures, ignore what people are saying to you, and get lost in a spiral of defeatism. It works for some, but you can see it doesn't for others, as they lash out and generally use the internet as a platform for misery (if unintentionally). What Kevin needs more than anything is a support network outside of GAF. A real, tangible network to properly confront his problems.

I hope he takes control of his life and gets help, finding the confidence to live on and be strong, because he like anybody else can.

EDIT: shanshan310 getting banned for anything you've said thus far would be the most ridiculous shit ever, so I don't see it happening.

Dead Man

This place. Sometimes I like it, other times it is like a schoolyard.

Edit: Now it looks like I am replying to EatChildren, great. Although I don't think tough love is going to help in KC's case.

PS. Planet_JASE sucks at caps.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
AusGAF my old Dell Vostro desktop is giving me the shits, it keeps doing these annoying microfreezes. I want to put in a glorious SSD drive which will fix all of my problems and make my dreams come true. Which one should I buy? 256GB should be fine.

Crucial, Samsung, Intel, Sandisk.

Take your pick really.

I'm already cowering beneath my desk

Me too! aaaaah. I'm sorry!

tumblr_mbhvpuzsc01rqhhss.gif

Well that's hardly your fault, hygienic looks like it's spelt wrong even when it's spelt right.

English spelling in general can be pretty silly.

Thx mate, I think I'll go for this Samsung 128GB for my OS:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Samsung-...92330075?pt=AU_HardDrives&hash=item20cdd6585b

Looks ok?
I've heard good things about those drives, my bro-in-law has that one.

Shaneus can vouch for the Sandisk Extreme, which has faster write speeds and tends to be cheaper.

Evl/Fred will give you the educated answer though, I don't keep up with this stuff as much as I should.

I don't drink alcohol :/

Perfect! Never a better time to start! And VB is the perfect introduction!
Especially since Cod isn't here to get outraged!

Dead Man

Is there anything better than a date scone with lashings of butter? I think not.

I stand behind my previously made doodiehead analysis of you.
At least I don't smell like a poopyhead.

Also: AFP are at the very least idiots

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-...mas-island-tension-says-whistleblower/4718262

An Australian Federal Police sergeant secretly recorded an admission from a senior officer that the force withdrew a crack riot squad partly to "manufacture a situation" on Christmas Island.

The team of police were withdrawn just three-and-a-half months before the infamous March 2011 riots at the detention centre.

Sergeant Brendan Thomson has requested the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions (CDPP) consider prosecuting the AFP over evidence about the riots it gave to a parliamentary committee.

First rule of doing dodgy shit: don't fucking talk about it. Idiots!

Nice one man, that Sandisk does look good and the price is right, I think I'll go for that instead.

That same eBay seller you looked at for the Samsung has the Sandisk for $114

Also key to note is that the emptier the SSD the faster it runs (I'm pretty sure it works like that!). Not a HUGE difference but can be noticeable.

Even my old Crucial M4 feels like living in the 22nd century though :)

Shaneus

I'm not sure I really dig his demeanor (or at least, it's taken me a while to get used to it since I first encountered his stuff a few months back) but damn if he doesn't hit the nail on the fucking head a lot of the time. The best analogy I can draw is that he's the video gaming version of Penn and Teller's Bullshit!.

PS. What did I miss? People being banned, people (thankfully) not committing suicide?

AFL!
Don't talk about the fucking ladder

AFL CHIEF executive Andrew Demetriou has taken a veiled swipe at bookmaker Tom Waterhouse and Channel Nine for their promotion of live betting odds during broadcasts.

"We're all paying the price of an outrageous advertising campaign by one individual whose got in people's faces and they are absolutely entitled to be outraged by that," Demetriou said on Tuesday.

"I think one network didn't cover themselves in glory either in the way they've promoted live gambling.
Demetriou also didn't hold back when asked for his thoughts on how an incident of racial abuse against Sydney star Adam Goodes last weekend had been handled.

Demetriou said he was proud of how the league, club and Goodes had handled the situation, but claimed some media outlets had exploited the young fan.

"To pursue relentlessly a 13-year-old girl, a minor, to go after her, to seek her comments, speak to her family, expose her, has been really disappointing," he said.

"Sometimes you can cross the line ... in this case there's been very little regard for her age.

"Some of the behaviour's been disgraceful, and you do have to draw a line when you're talking about minors."
Discuss!

For me the focus on the girl was stupid, from the first moment everyone involved with the AFL has been trying to turn it towards improving the societal outlook towards Aboriginals but the media needs a good beat up so here comes the dirt.

Also fuck live odds. Fuck them in their stupid arses. I don't want my son to see that shit. Hard enough with the Fantasy Footy stuff. I like that it exists but I don't like how it has permeated so much of our culture.

I'm not sure I really dig his demeanor (or at least, it's taken me a while to get used to it since I first encountered his stuff a few months back) but damn if he doesn't hit the nail on the fucking head a lot of the time. The best analogy I can draw is that he's the video gaming version of Penn and Teller's Bullshit!.

His schtick has been brought down a few notches thankfully, it serves more as satire now which is tolerable. Angry Joe is headed that way too, both can very really well spoken and poignant but that does't bring in the clicks. I would rather a slightly irritating persona over straight up lying bullshit like most other media people who need clicks to survive (present company not included in that bullshit group of course, also Serrels where ever he is these days).

Reminds me of Mr Plinkett in execution.

Shaneus

Maybe that's what it is... not that I'm used to him, but that he's toned it down somewhat. Unlike most of the gaming media, he's one of the guys who seems to be like an articulate yet aggressive forum member with his wording, rather than some guy who's trying to sound *too* proper or well-tempered.

Definitely giving him a lot more time now.

I concede defeat. That will be my first and last 'bargain' post, I'm defiantly in the presence of a few masters in this thread :)

Don't do that! It is a great bargain for those who want it local. Plus it reminded me that I forgot to post it.

Also Jase with the Looney Tunes I also forgot. I blame old age >_<

AFL!

Discuss!

For me the focus on the girl was stupid, from the first moment everyone involved with the AFL has been trying to turn it towards improving the societal outlook towards Aboriginals but the media needs a good beat up so here comes the dirt.

Also fuck live odds. Fuck them in their stupid arses. I don't want my son to see that shit. Hard enough with the Fantasy Footy stuff. I like that it exists but I don't like how it has permeated so much of our culture.

What a load of crap re: Demetriou on gambling. Before Waterhouse it was Glen Muncie and Jaime Rodgers from Sportsbet. The fact I even know their names shows how bad they were. They just didn't take out every ad as well as in game promotions. But people were still complaining about it, its just been Waterhouse's smug face that's taken it over the top

AFL!

Discuss!

I don't know one person that's started gambling because of the live odds. I look at it as a form of ad revenue, nothing more. I'm more curious how much Tom paid for the "rights".

Next on the chopping block will be beer commercials, there were so many in the last game I watched. What's even more disappointing there wasn't a single good one.

Top Bottom