• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

wonzo

Banned
Thx wonzo, I just bought that 120GB Sandisk that reptile recommended. Looking forward to dat fast boot time!
You're welcome!
thumbsup.gif

Axiom

Much like there's 'Shitty NeoGAF posts', there needs to be a 'and in this day on NeoGAF' thing so when everyone suddenly is completely aware and discussing something I've no clue about, I don't have to stalk through pages of threads to figure it out.

It's weird, I first remember hearing the "used games are bad" thing on 1up Yours and at the time I didn't think much about it, but looking back, it was the enthusiast press parroting the thoughts of their developer friends - who were likely given that narrative by the game publishers.
I don't think the press put much thought into it as it wasn't news, but the wider "opinion" of used games as killing the market has only grown with only forum posters questioning the narrative until now, where we're looking at a future of no used games at all.

I think this is another one of those 'bubble issues' where a community is so exposed to a concept, that they have no idea that this issue (especially a scapegoat issue) isn't an issue to anyone outside the bubble - and may actually not be an issue at all.

A lot like a lot of issues amongst gamers themselves.

I don't think either the developers or the press put too much thought into it - because it certainly "sounds valid" at the face of it.

Dead Man

So, a bit of an odd and maybe personal question, but does anyone know what states allow single people to adopt? Cause it aint the one I'm in.

Shaneus

Much like there's 'Shitty NeoGAF posts', there needs to be a 'and in this day on NeoGAF' thing so when everyone suddenly is completely aware and discussing something I've no clue about, I don't have to stalk through pages of threads to figure it out.
This is AusGAF, dude.

Deeku

Glad to hear it. Would ebay/playasia be a good place to buy ?
ebay could be dodgy and play-asia's prices are super marked up.

Nippon-Yasan (click) may seem dodgy in how they operate n stuff (it seems improved/revamped now, though) but their prices are basically japan rrp and fedex to aus is another 30ish bucks. I used them once and they totally got a limited vita to me for street-ish price!

best and cheapest option would be if you know someone going to japan/asia and get them to bring one back for you!

hamchan

Anyone seen star trek yet? Just got back. Thought it was brilliant, though fairly predictable.

I thought it was good, just one step away from being absolutely amazing.

Major Spoiler
Kirk getting healed by Khan's blood is bullshit. That scene with Kirk's death was so emotional and brilliant but then they undo it all 10 minutes later. They could have made this movie one of my favourites if they didn't revive him and abruptly rush the ending in less than 5 minutes, instead of just something I think was good.

LOL, I have ranted many times about it over in the spoiler and non spoiler threads :)
You didn't like it then? :p

I thought it was good, just one step away from being absolutely amazing.

Major Spoiler
Kirk getting healed by Khan's blood is bullshit. That scene with Kirk's death was so emotional and brilliant but then they undo it all 10 minutes later. They could have made this movie one of my favourites if they didn't revive him and abruptly rush the ending in less than 5 minutes, instead of just something I think was good.

I guess that scene didn't really do much for me because I knew it wasn't going to be a permanent thing. The ending was super rushed though. I guess they had time constraints but it still bothered me. Honestly I think that It'd work better if they made it as a new series.

ebay could be dodgy and play-asia's prices are super marked up.

Nippon-Yasan (click) may seem dodgy in how they operate n stuff (it seems improved/revamped now, though) but their prices are basically japan rrp and fedex to aus is another 30ish bucks. I used them once and they totally got a limited vita to me for street-ish price!

best and cheapest option would be if you know someone going to japan/asia and get them to bring one back for you!

I didn't realise playasia was THAT marked up. Holy crap. That site you linked seems alright, but if not I may have to wait till I get there before I can buy it :/

oh shit
fuse was what overstrike became
disappointed to see the visual change
still probably interested to play it if its anythign like what they promised all those e3s ago

Humble Bundle. $1 for steamcodes.
Little Inferno
Awesomenauts
Awesomenauts Cluck Costume
Capsized
Thomas was Alone
Dear Esther

Pay like $6 to get Hotline Miami and Proteus too.

So, a bit of an odd and maybe personal question, but does anyone know what states allow single people to adopt? Cause it aint the one I'm in.
It is hard as fuck to adopt in any state sadly. We have looked into it as a couple but I don't remember about singles/unmarried people.

You'd still have it if the website wasn't run into the ground.
WHOSE FAULT IS THAT EH?

oh shit
fuse was what overstrike became
disappointed to see the visual change
still probably interested to play it if its anythign like what they promised all those e3s ago
Sounds like FUSE could be okay fun if you have 4 players. Less than that and it's pretty boring apparently.

Also yeah, removing the NOLF style was a killer blow to interest.

Well my Xbox points didn't go though. Cunts.
Sameeeeeee. Worst thing is that tons of people have maxed out their accounts with points and are now selling them on eBay for $5 profit each. I'm talking like 40,000 allards.

Yet Microsoft won't sell me one. One 1200 point card. On an account that has existed since the first day of the 360 and has 20+ hours of activity per week and with no issue with billing in the history of the account.

Idiots.

Oh well, less reason to buy things on my Xbox! Microsoft pushing me back to the warm, rough embrace of Steam again.

I saw that at EB yesterday, I paid $25 for one from mighty ape the other day and it hasn't arrived yet.
Yeah $19 is insanely cheap for EB considering it is usually around the $40 mark there.

[
Sameeeeeee. Worst thing is that tons of people have maxed out their accounts with points and are now selling them on eBay for $5 profit each. I'm talking like 40,000 allards.

Yet Microsoft won't sell me one. One 1200 point card. On an account that has existed since the first day of the 360 and has 20+ hours of activity per week and with no issue with billing in the history of the account.

Idiots.

Oh well, less reason to buy things on my Xbox! Microsoft pushing me back to the warm, rough embrace of Steam again.

Yeah I saw a few people buy insane amounts, it didn't make me feel any happier.

On the plus side I have very little reason to keep my Xbox now, eBay here it comes. Unless anyone here wants to buy it, 4gb slim console (60gb hard drive)?

Kritz

Banned
I always find it weird when the innernets does a 180 flip on innernet personalities. People used to fuckin loathe Sterling, although he's been popping up with positive talk all over the place the last few months.

Conversely, people seemed to really like Justin McElroy for a while, but since he's gone over to polywobbles, I seldom see a (good?) word about him.

All I can think to do is blame JASE.

Shaneus

So I think for PAX I'm going to dress up as an Xbox One. Nothing fancy, I'll just use my phone all day because I'll be "always online".

I always find it weird when the innernets does a 180 flip on innernet personalities. People used to fuckin loathe Sterling, although he's been popping up with positive talk all over the place the last few months.

Conversely, people seemed to really like Justin McElroy for a while, but since he's gone over to polywobbles, I seldom see a (good?) word about him.

All I can think to do is blame JASE.

Sterling wrote a lot of troll articles on the PC. Once he educated himself and understood the platform properly his writing has less issues with inaccuracy of statements.

Did anyone really put any stock in Justin McElroy? He is entertaining on podcasts but I wouldn't give his actual journalistic work much credit.

Kritz

Banned
Oh, hey, Utas has a guy from Insomniac Games coming in for a guest lecture today. Might crash that lecture and see what he's about. Guy's from Tasmania, too.

Sterling wrote a lot of troll articles on the PC. Once he educated himself and understood the platform properly his writing has less issues with inaccuracy of statements.

Did anyone really put any stock in Justin McElroy? He is entertaining on podcasts but I wouldn't give his actual journalistic work much credit.

I'm referring mostly to the podcasts. Specifically MBMBAM and that one appearance on GB PAX's podcast. I legit didn't even know he was a journalist until the polygon thing.

Jintor

AusClothesGAF, where's a cool relatively cheap place to go and browse for professionalish looking blazers? Online or off

Shaneus

I'm referring mostly to the podcasts. Specifically MBMBAM and that one appearance on GB PAX's podcast. I legit didn't even know he was a journalist until the polygon thing.
I didn't realise until after I finished listening to MBMBaM *and* seeing this .gif that I realised they were the same person:
iENEbhX0FdkFF.gif

Then I gave a shit who he was, read some of his past articles and subsequently wrote him off completely.

Oh, this is great, too:
dXzEP.png

Shaneus

Holy. Also, I'm probably willing to sell mine for a tenner or whatever if anyone's interested... I have it on PSN+.

I'm not a typical fan of "nerd culture" or whatever, but no lie, this photo is kind of rad:
memes-classic-will-wheatonnnnn.gif

Top Bottom