• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Omikron

8651_585364881507587_1341753473_n.jpg

So true!

Would be a good idea to tackle the flares issue too, burns ward are overworked and waiting lists have hit 2 weeks just to get an Indian burn looked at.

Gazunta

Oh, is it out now? Going by the most recent KS update, I thought it was still in alpha.

It's out now AND still in Alpha! But now that the leaderboards are in there's really not a lot left. I'm really loving the mouse controls.

I bought Crackdown and Giana Sisters just because I love Gaz's enthusiasm, and now he's making me want this Poker Smash thing

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Shame I was never so enthusiastic about games I worked on!

Danoss

Burn it. Just burn the fucking thing. Stupid authors do not deserve to have their shit read.

Ignoring this aspect of it, the book is actually quite good. It has done some things where I'll think "how has no one thought of this before?" and I'm not even 100 pages in yet

I knocked off about 40 pages before bed last night and I found it much easier to follow the conversations. It's now only a mild annoyance instead of pure frustration and it only seems to come up in parts. The novel is a translation from Swedish, so some of this may be the translators fault, I don't know.

I've seen videos of defenders saying the geese love ask the food. One had them running up for more. And it's so delicious!

I did read some stuff about particular farms that will not force feed them but will allow them to eat of their own accord. Before a particular time of year, the geese will naturally gorge themselves on food. The effect on the liver is apparently not as profound as when they are force fed, but it is meant to still be excellent.

If the animals are treated as above, I'm okay with that since they're not mistreated. I've heard foie gras tastes incredible but I couldn't eat it knowing the animal was so poorly treated for my eating pleasure. If the above scenario wasn't so rare and expensive, it would be great.

As someone with ADHD, that makes shit even fucking worse. Given the havoc it plays with your short-term memory retention, trying to pull that shit off (I guess in the attempt of the appearance of having banter akin to Family Guy or Gilmore Girls) is just messy and confusing :/

Meds don't help much in this area either, I've noticed. Your head is much clearer so there is a better chance of recalling something, but memory is still woeful. I still need lists and alarms going off so I can be reminded to do the most basic things: take medication and give gran hers, water plants, take laundry off the line, football is starting, on and on.

Reading those parts of that book without meds was like an infinite loop. I'd read through to see who was talking, find out, trace it back and forget which was which and have to do it again and again, over and over. Calling it frustrating would be put it mildly; rage-inducing would be more accurate.

Shaneus

Oh yes:

Meds don't help much in this area either, I've noticed. Your head is much clearer so there is a better chance of recalling something, but memory is still woeful. I still need lists and alarms going off so I can be reminded to do the most basic things: take medication and give gran hers, water plants, take laundry off the line, football is starting, on and on.

Reading those parts of that book without meds was like an infinite loop. I'd read through to see who was talking, find out, trace it back and forget which was which and have to do it again and again, over and over. Calling it frustrating would be put it mildly; rage-inducing would be more accurate.
That's where the old habits are kicking in. Also probably due to a low dose as well. Next time you see your doc, ask them about things like mindfulness and any other techniques used for coping and organising. Unfortunately getting medicated isn't a fix-all, it just gives you a better chance of kicking old habits... maybe some people can do that better than others.
I still retain a lot of my older traits, but I think it's just being vigilant enough to want to unlearn them and most of the time my instincts kick in well before I have a chance to think about the better way to behave.
If you have an iPhone, an app called "My Pocket Coach" is great as well. I ignore it most of the time (ahahaha) but you can set different tasks to remind you at different times, if you haven't done it enough times in a week (depending on how you set it) but yeah... you have to want to use it.

I'm glad to see titles from smaller devs make appearances in that list, particularly Project CARS and MotoGP 13. Hotline Miami 2 is awesome to see as well... wonder why I haven't seen a thread for it yet?

teekun

So Dungeon Crawl EMAILED me my U.S PSN card code (amazing service) and I bought Journey and Final Fantasy IX with it.

I dun good.

US accounts and emailed points cards are the only way to PS3. I can't imagine paying the exorbitant AU PSN prices these days.

teekun

I can't believe they are actually doing this.

Half of fucking Europe won't have it on launch.

The makers of the Witcher 3 will be unable to play the console version of their own fucking game in their own country. Think about that shit for a bit.

This was the thread I was meant to link to earlier, BEST FIRST POST EVER

So Dungeon Crawl EMAILED me my U.S PSN card code (amazing service) and I bought Journey and Final Fantasy IX with it.

I dun good.
OzSave do the same with Xbox Live Gold if anyone needs it. Love the DD future!

Ordered my parts today! *new pc dance*
Jelly, I can already feel the rush of Post. :(

The makers of the Witcher 3 will be unable to play the console version of their own fucking game in their own country. Think about that shit for a bit.

They enjoy the moneyhat too much to care.

teekun

They enjoy the moneyhat too much to care.

These must have been some pretty deep moneyhats to convince publishers to take sides with Microsoft exclusively. I can't see how being a third party exclusive is beneficial to any publisher now, even with the payoff, when you look at the kind of backlash the XBONE is getting.

Titanfall not ruled out for PS4 confirmed. If PS4 outsells the Xbone I bet it will be there within 12 months.

Also MS not even using Win8 for 'PC's running Xbone specs for demoing purposes'. I understand why (stability) but it is still funny.

These must have been some pretty deep moneyhats to convince publishers to take sides with Microsoft exclusively. I can't see how being a third party exclusive is beneficial to any publisher now, even with the payoff, when you look at the kind of backlash the XBONE is getting.

There won't be anything really like TW3 on Xbone so I can see why it is such a temptation, will sell really well.

Hoping to see it announced for PS4 at Gamescon. In any case I will be picking it up on PC, not sure if I will day one now though as their push to Xbone conflicts with what they have said in the past.

It's out now AND still in Alpha! But now that the leaderboards are in there's really not a lot left. I'm really loving the mouse controls.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Shame I was never so enthusiastic about games I worked on!

If you work in game dev in Australia, you don't really have a choice but to be blasé about games you work on.
because theyre all licenced

Dead Man

Have you posted the recipe? Not a fan of kangaroo but the right stew recipe should change that. Only ever grilled it really.
Copied from the PM I sent Danoss:

Ingredients I normally use: Roo, potatoes, swede/turnip, parsnip, carrot, onion, celery, can of peeled tomatoes. Liquids: Beef/vegetable stock, beer (I use coopers pale, but any decent ale are rich lager even would be fine), water. Spices: Pepper, 1/2 bay leaves, 1 garlic clove.

I brown the roo quite well, then chop the galric and add it, crack a bunch of pepper in, add a bit of stock and beer and cook it for a bit, medium heat, low boil, something like that. As long as you cook the roo long enough, it will be tender as fuck and just fall apart, a luxury that doesn't exist if grilling it. Maybe 30 minutes for this stage I guess.

Then I chop the vegetables and check them in, cover in stack and water to taste, add the bayleaves, and boil for about 15 minutes then cover and simmer for about three hours.

The potatoes may get mushy, so you can hold off on putting those in if you are worried by that. I normally do the spuds in two goes. The first few dissolve and thicken the liquid, then some later for texture.

Main thing is to not worry about over cooking it. As long as there is liquid, the worst that will happen is the vegetables will be mushy, it will still taste great, and the roo will be tender.

So this is hilarious: Forza Motorsport 5 will not be playable in the city where the track used to showcase the game at E3 (Prague) is located. lolzburger

Edit: This is great, too:

Oh, is it out now? Going by the most recent KS update, I thought it was still in alpha.
That is hilarious, insane how focussed they are on NA.
Excellent.

Information on PS+ requirements
While direct competition in real time won’t be possible [without PS Plus] for instance in the case of DriveClub, asynchronous online gameplay and receiving data from other players will still be free of charge.

This will also depend on the judgement by the publishers, and there will be some free to play titles that you’ll be able to play without needing a PS Plus subscription, like PlanetSide 2 and DC Universe Online.

I'm pretty excited for Octodad. Even if the game play turns out to be boring, it's a unique and fun idea! And the theme song is incredibly catchy.

It's a bit like QWOP where you are just laughing your arse off at how stupid everything is.

I thought Amazon required a US billing address for PSN credit purchases.

Yeah you're right. You don't need a US credit card so its just a matter of adding an address. Takes a few seconds and it allows you to buy PSN credit, XBLG (subs aren't region locked but points are) and get in on all those crazy PC dd deals.

For you Kritz

m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=586021&highlight=dead+rising+3

I think they've already confirmed that only the master account needs PS+ and then every account on the system can play online.

I thought Amazon required a US billing address for PSN credit purchases.
Correct, one PS+ account per console.

Also only need billing address for Amazon, fake is fine, just use the Google HQ. They email codes out or have them in your account

teekun

Also only need billing address for Amazon, fake is fine, just use the Google HQ. They email codes out or have them in your account

Ahhh, nice. I'll just use my parents address back home. I've always just assumed they checked it against the CC.

Speaking of points cards though, how about that reveal that XBL points added prior to the XBONE switch over to real currency will expire after a year?

Top Bottom