• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Hpt passed at 80%, guess I need to book my drivers test and more lessons leading up to it.

$120 also spent at jb, time to head home

Dead Man

markot said:
The head of a Christian schools group has defended the practice of having students sing an alternative religious version of the national anthem.

Instead of the official second verse of Advance Australia Fair, the alternative verse reads: "With Christ our head and cornerstone, we'll build our nation's might."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-23/christian-schools-changing-the-national-anthem/2939594
What utter rubbish.

DeathJr said:
Wow, I hope I don't have to sing that next year when I take my citizenship oath.
I said nothing at all other than some random affirmative, then looked embarrassed as everyone else was so overjoyed but I had wasn't. Quite happy to have my citizenship, but I was already a permanent resident before that, so it didn't mean that much I guess.

Yagharek

First 5 I got

Is Call of Duty a Darksiders for adults?
How love interests could increase Castlevania's popularity.
Top Ten most out of nowhere freaks in videogames.
What Ratchet & Clank could learn from Imagine: Babyz.
Is Red Dead Redemption a Angry Birds for adults?

Bonus

How screen resolutions could increase Gran Turismo's popularity.

GOLD

edit:

Should GoldenEye be forgotten?

I HATE YOU JOCCHAN

edit 2:

Should Gears of War be a naughty, naughty game?

COME BACK JOCCHAN I DIDNT MEAN IT

Gazunta

Waiting on someone who is waiting on someone who is waiting on someone is a great way to spend Friday afternoon!

Churnilism is a great word.

Man, this generator makes it all too easy to make more Brendan Brewer comics.

codswallop said:
New Archer
tumblr_lo8aiaRNj51qikhz3o1_500.gif
Only one more episode to go :(

HolyCheck said:
An Idiot Abroad.
ERECT

evlcookie said:
Hpt passed at 80%, guess I need to book my drivers test and more lessons leading up to it.

$120 also spent at jb, time to head home
Congratulations....

Funny how it's easier for international students to get a full license where their local counterparts have to go through hours and hours of driving time.

I never got a learners or probationary license, straight away got a full license.

hamchan

Sutton Dagger said:
God I love Karl Pilkington, the Ricky Gervais Show podcasts and old XFM has kept me entertained for hundreds of hours.

Trailer for An Idiot Abroad 2 (make sure you watch the first if you hadn't already).

Indeed. I'm on my second run through of the XFM stuff and I'll probably go through it all again for a third time. They need to make a new podcast already.

DeathJr said:
Congratulations....

Funny how it's easier for international students to get a full license where their local counterparts have to go through hours and hours of driving time.

I never got a learners or probationary license, straight away got a full license.

I KNEW IT! ;)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
fappenmeister said:
Opeth tickets purchased!
I blame you for making me buy machine head, mastodon, dream threater and opeth albums from jb about 1hr ago!

I would love to finally check opeth out live but fuck distance. Such a pain getting home and maybe get stabbed!

jambo

Fucking JB HiFi and Aus Post, my Dark Side of the Moon Immersion box set didn't arrive today. I pre-ordered it and they sent it early, but it still didn't arrive on time.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
jambo said:
Fucking JB HiFi and Aus Post, my Dark Side of the Moon Immersion box set didn't arrive today. I pre-ordered it and they sent it early, but it still didn't arrive on time.
i miss the cbd jbhifi in radelaide. their hiring policy is god like

jambo

Most annoying part was I wandered down to the CBD store and looked at the box sets on the shelf. I could've just not bothered pre ordering, but then there's always the chance that they get no/little stock and I miss out.

Well, Monday it is.

midonnay

DeathJr said:
Congratulations....

*facepalm*

Yagharek

I'm surprised it was so easy coming from India to Australia and getting a quick license transfer.

When my wife and I moved from Tasmania to Western Australia, they couldn't do a license transfer without a statutory declaration from Service Tasmania and even then they wanted to treat it like an international license transfer.

I guess it's easier for Indian migrants because India has a diplomatic presence in Australia. Tasmania has no official diplomats nor does it have an Embassy. :(

Fuck WA, backwards piece of shit state. Tasmania was here before you damnit!

Dead Man

HolyCheck said:
i miss the cbd jbhifi in radelaide. their hiring policy is god like
In what way? Will they give me a job and make me a god?

RandomVince said:
I'm surprised it was so easy coming from India to Australia and getting a quick license transfer.

When my wife and I moved from Tasmania to Western Australia, they couldn't do a license transfer without a statutory declaration from Service Tasmania and even then they wanted to treat it like an international license transfer.

I guess it's easier for Indian migrants because India has a diplomatic presence in Australia. Tasmania has no official diplomats nor does it have an Embassy. :(

Fuck WA, backwards piece of shit state. Tasmania was here before you damnit!
I showed them my US licence, went on a drive, fucked up a bunch of stuff, and they gave me a SA license :?

midonnay

malaysian driving test at my village....

1) drive in straight line

"congratulations, you've passed ^_________^"

my mum also got a quick license transfer and she can barely drive

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Dead Man said:
In what way? Will they give me a job and make me a god?

I showed them my US licence, went on a drive, fucked up a bunch of stuff, and they gave me a SA license :?
Only if you're a 10/10 alt chick

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
The 'dinner items with faces' quotient is significantly higher than back home but I've eaten some of the most amazing food ever. The seafood is incredible.

Oh and I did a science or two.

South east asian seafood is indeed the best, Thai particularly. Best food I've ever eaten was in northern Thailand.

hamchan said:
Indeed. I'm on my second run through of the XFM stuff and I'll probably go through it all again for a third time. They need to make a new podcast already.

Apparently they are going to record some new podcasts for the Ricky Gervais Show animated HBO program, can't wait. I've done two XFM runs myself, I'll pick out some of my favourites.

Man-Moth
Old man eating a twix

evlcookie said:
I blame you for making me buy machine head, mastodon, dream threater and opeth albums from jb about 1hr ago!

I would love to finally check opeth out live but fuck distance. Such a pain getting home and maybe get stabbed!

I don't like Mastodon or Machine Head, blame me for the other two.

RandomVince said:

It wasn't a transfer. India's diplomatic presence means squat over here. Our licence is not even recognized here for conversion. Only European and American/Canadian license holders are eligible for the transfer.

I had to give the Learners exam, Hazard and the main drive test to get my license. The easy part is not having to make a L or P license and wait 2 years for logging hours of driving, which locals have to do.

Yagharek

DeathJr said:
It wasn't a transfer. India's diplomatic presence means squat over here. Our licence is not even recognized here for conversion. Only European and American/Canadian license holders are eligible for the transfer.

I had to give the Learners exam, Hazard and the main drive test to get my license. The easy part is not having to make a L or P license and wait 2 years for logging hours of driving, which locals have to do.

Rightyo. I was more just having a dig at WA's license offices than anything else. Be thankful you had only to deal with Victoria.

Salazar

DeathJr said:
Hilarious. BTW indians are not considered as asians.

This puzzling idea tends to come up in OT Hot Women threads.

India was Asia for Alexander the Great, and he was a better, wiser man than both of us.

Ydahs

DeathJr said:
Wow....10 months? How long was that jungle?

I haven't had a hair cut in 5months....but will be going tomorrow. It's getting warm now and my hair really curls up in summer.
Fairly long. Wanted to go 12 months but it kept on getting in the way during exercise and it looks ridiculous in the wind.

Salazar

DeathJr said:
Technically yes, India is part of Asia but when anyone refers to Asians, it does not include Indians.

That's just not true, though.

Man, I just spent way too much on sneakers. Online shopping is dangerous stuff.

Yagharek

I like to define ethnicity or Continent of Origin by geological terms. Since the subcontinent decided to cause a ruckus by colliding as it did, the inhabitants have no choice but to be recognised as Asian.

When Australia runs into SE-Asia in a few hundred million years, we will have to hand over our Oceania cards and accept our new Asian status as well.

Top Bottom