• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Gazunta

Jintor said:
D'ya listen to Webcomics Weekly Gaz?
I adore that show more than anything. My favorite podcast by miles.

It INFURIATES me when they recorded a show and never uploaded it. So much so that I offered to edit and post the show for them since it was obviously taking up too much time. Three of them agreed to that, one didn't. Shame :/

Webcomics.com is the best $30 a year I could spend on a website. Giant Bomb is the best $50.

Jintor said:
There's no online, so you better have a local Catherine scene :p

Catherine >=(

It could have been great. Puzzle element was great. But without giving too much away, the story got weeeeeeird, the voice acting was terrible and it tried to make a "grey area" of questions black and white (ie. "Does life begin or end with marriage?" ....neither?). It sort of ruined the game for me.

Also whats the deal with Rikki Lee being on every thread banner?

Shaneus

How To Win Friends... is an awesome book. I don't remember much from reading it, but it's a good insight into how to direct the flow of almost any conversation.

Jintor said:
There's no online, so you better have a local Catherine scene :p
Bahahahaha. In Melbourne, maybe. Geelong?
BAHAHAHAHAHA.

shanshan310 said:
Catherine >=(

It could have been great. Puzzle element was great. But without giving too much away, the story got weeeeeeird, the voice acting was terrible and it tried to make a "grey area" of questions black and white (ie. "Does life begin or end with marriage?" ....neither?). It sort of ruined the game for me.
Hence why I'm waiting for bomba. Puzzle bits may be awesome, but I'm not sure how I'd find the rest of the game surrounding it. Perhaps I'll bite at $40, but it's still $60 at Ozgameshop.

Shaneus said:
Hence why I'm waiting for bomba. Puzzle bits may be awesome, but I'm not sure how I'd find the rest of the game surrounding it. Perhaps I'll bite at $40, but it's still $60 at Ozgameshop.

lol, don't waste 60 bucks on it. But $40 seems alright I guess.

Its a shame there's no japanese-with-subs option, I feel like that would have significantly improved the gameplay.

elfinke

I was really keen on grabbing Catherine until I watched an entire play through of the game on YT a week or two ago. Loved every damn bit of what I saw, but having seen it, I'll wait until it hits $20 before I grab it.

In other news, I finally stopped thinking about a PC upgrade, and instead purchased one. I was just saying to some mates on steamchat that it will be nice to play games with shadows turned on!

Also, it'll be nice to play RO2 at something that doesn't look like this (at 25fps no less!):

1DLAc.jpg

lol.

Jintor

I was supposed to be working on my essay so I can go out on Wednesday and Thursday, but instead I've been watching one and a half hours of Catherine tournament.

Jintor said:
I was supposed to be working on my essay so I can go out on Wednesday and Thursday, but instead I've been watching one and a half hours of Catherine tournament.
Sounds like a good decision to me!

Should be doing an essay too but I cant say no to deu sex 3 :)

legend166

Birthday haul:

- Nice business shirt
- Nice button up casual shirt
- True Grit Blu-Ray
- Big bag of lollies
- Leather kindle cover w/light
- Amazon.com gift card (to buy Barry Hall 'auto'biography. It will probably make me angry, but I have to read it.
- Pair of shorts
- 12 pack of Dr. Pepper :D

I think that's it. Good haul.

Bernbaum

Dr Pepper is a delicious soft drink for cool people. There's a neat little international confectioner near Brisbane's Central train station that sells cans at $2.50 which is bad news for suckers like me.

Jintor

It just occured to me that my replacement Kindle arrived before the cover for the Kindle it was replacing arrived.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Bernbaum said:
Dr Pepper is a delicious soft drink for cool people. There's a neat little international confectioner near Brisbane's Central train station that sells cans at $2.50 which is bad news for suckers like me.

Yeah that place is sugary death for your wallet. That said Dr Pepper is just fizzy panadol, definitely not a fan.

In similar diabetes related news, there is a store in Milton that sells poptarts. It is amazing I forgot how amazing they were until a couple of weeks ago

Dead Man

Bernbaum said:
My local IGA stocks it, Cherry DrP, and Cherry Coke. So good.

Jintor

Woo, nearly 600 words into a 1500 word Equity essay! A great pity all my arguements contradict themselves because the question forces me to take a position I disagree with AND contradict myself at the same time

Deeku

I'm supposed to be studying for mid sems, I have 3 next week.

But instead I'm watching the yogcast minecraft series on youtube:(

Bernbaum said:

The milk bar across the road from my house sells Dr Pepper for $2.80. It's great.

They also sell rainbow paddlepops which I consume just as often.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Neverender said:
The milk bar across the road from my house sells Dr Pepper for $2.80. It's great.

They also sell rainbow paddlepops which I consume just as often.

Did you also buy your time machine there?

HolyCheck said:
Did you also buy your time machine there?

Hey, milk bars are awesome. Especially the isolated/remotely located ones. You can get stuff there that no supermarket will ever have; and the people are almost always really nice to talk to.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why are TPG e-mail addresses banned on GAF? My account was tied to an Internode e-mail address I no longer have access to, and when I tried to change it to my current TPG e-mail address:

untitled29ubw.png

commanderdeek said:
I'm supposed to be studying for mid sems, I have 3 next week.

But instead I'm watching the yogcast minecraft series on youtube:(

I've got four and I'm on gaf/ watching Misfits :p Everytime exams appear I suddenly discover a new game/ series of books/ tv show. But daaamn misfits is good.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
JaseC said:
Why are TPG e-mail addresses banned on GAF? My account was tied to an Internode e-mail address I no longer have access to, and when I tried to change it to my current TPG e-mail address:

untitled29ubw.png

I'll get this fixed for you. PM me the new address.

Jintor

I used my Uni account, and then now my work account. So shiny!

BTW Eat PALGN doesn't have a staff page, does it? Trying to stalk you. It's difficult.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm Jarrod on PALGN. We probably should have a staff page. Probably should have a lot of things.

Jintor

*shakes fist at Vooks*

Ahhhhhhhhh I think I've hit the point in the essay where it loses all coherences and begins to ramble from topic to topic. To be fair this is a direct result of the question, which charges me with arguing about how the legal definition of religion doesn't fit with wider sociological definitions of religion and expects me to tie that in somehow to overturning a case based on public benefit GGGGGGGGAH

Darklord

Banned
I have too many posts on this site. Then I viewed how many times I have visited GAF. 84,000 times. I think I visit too much. But there's no other site that's as interesting dammit!

Ydahs said:
Xenoblade will arrive today.

*loads shotgun*
Your postman has already logged 60 hours in the enchanting world of Xenoblade. Give him another week and he will package it back up and drop it on your doorstep.

Irish names like Saoirse fuck with my mind.
I know a girl called Niamh. Teachers n stuff were always pronouncing her name wrong.

elfinke

roosters93 said:
Irish names like Saoirse fuck with my mind.
I know a girl called Niamh. Teachers n stuff were always pronouncing her name wrong.

All through high school (well, until year 10 when she... that's another story), we had a girl named "Ankica" (pronounced "Anne-Kits-Are"). The high school had a very high turnover of staff (combination of remoteness and the NSW teachers' "go to a shitty school for 6-18 months earn a crap ton of points then move back to the lazy coast" scheme), so nearly every 1/2 year we got to witness the joys of some fresh-out-of-college Muppet try to pronounce her name.

Top Bottom