• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Kerrby

Banned
I was going to make a joke about Meat Loaf because that was the worst shit I've ever seen but I'm scared he may be about to die.

Yagharek

meatloaf comes across as a pretty good guy though, so no haters.

But his music at the mcg falls flat, or maybe all pre-match entertainment falls flat. Wrong venue, wrong time.

Axiom

Heading into the city for a party that has nothing to do with the grand final, I hope I don't get killed on the way.

I vaguely remember seeing, or perhaps seeing video of how hilariously bad Angry Anderson was at a Grand Final once, there was some kind of cheap plastic Batmobile involved I think.

fappenmeister said:
Terra Nova = Dinoriders?
If it is that, I will give it a go

Grandma and Parents are visiting for the weekend down from the bush so thankfully I won't have to watch the game. I don't really drink with Dad either so should be a quiet weekend!

codswallop said:
Burnout Crash! is total shit, and not nearly as enjoyable as crash mode in earlier Burnouts. Mrs Cods said it looked like I was playing a pokie, and that's pretty much exactly what it is.
It is an iPad game plain and simple. Would pay $3 for it. Otherwise I will stick to crash mode in Asphalt 6 on my phone. Which was free.

HolyCheck said:
SA is footy mad
As someone who was born in Adelaide and has relatives and friends there this man is VERY VERY correct.

midonnay said:
I don't get why they get foreign acts rather than promoting aussie talent :/
Because the majority of the population who watch football would not be interested in the talented australian acts.

Yagharek

Axiom said:
Heading into the city for a party that has nothing to do with the grand final, I hope I don't get killed on the way.

I vaguely remember seeing, or perhaps seeing video of how hilariously bad Angry Anderson was at a Grand Final once, there was some kind of cheap plastic Batmobile involved I think.

Worst grand final ever.

midonnay

reptilescorpio said:
Because the majority of the population who watch football would not be interested in the talented australian acts.

football fans are crazy about meatloaf? o_O

edit: its funny that the most hated team in Australia and in south australia has the magpie mascot (port adelaide magpies)

Yagharek

It's a shame that they tarnish the name of what is actually a really nice animal. We have heaps of magpies in our street and they are amazing to watch. Very smart birds.

midonnay said:
football fans are crazy about meatloaf? o_O

edit: its funny that the most hated team in Australia and in south australia has the magpie mascot (port adelaide magpies)
People hate Port? Why? People in SA hate the Crows because we were more successful but overlooked to be the first SA team in the AFL.

Also footy fans love Meatloaf as much as Alice Cooper, Angry Anderson or ACDC.

midonnay

iirc the port adelaide magpies were supposed to have the first afl team for SA

but the other SANFL clubs said fuck that and helped form the adelaide crows instead...

infact fuck south australia altogether

when the west coast eagles first joined the AFL we looked to the SANFL to support us (being a fellow interstate league), but they aligned with the VFL instead and we were fucked up the arse financially.

(a multimillion dollar license fee was imposed on us immediately rather than the agreed upon period of ten years(?))

nearly bankrupted us

Frawdder

HolyCheck said:
SA is footy mad
Unfortunately true.

The daily paper gets ridiculous at times. Terror attack in Europe - 2 pages; America is bankrupt - 1 page; America did something else - 1.5 pages; Some local football player stubs his toe on a fence post - 6 pages and leading sports story in the news. It's so bad over here that I'm never sure when the season starts or finishes because even in the off season there is as much football news as there is any other news.

Dead Man

RandomVince said:
It's a shame that they tarnish the name of what is actually a really nice animal. We have heaps of magpies in our street and they are amazing to watch. Very smart birds.
And tough, I saw one chasing off 3 or 4 seagulls the other day.

elfinke

Frawdder said:
Unfortunately true.

The daily paper gets ridiculous at times. Terror attack in Europe - 2 pages; America is bankrupt - 1 page; America did something else - 1.5 pages; Some local football player stubs his toe on a fence post - 6 pages and leading sports story in the news. It's so bad over here that I'm never sure when the season starts or finishes because even in the off season there is as much football news as there is any other news.

Leaving aside the ratio of news VS sports news, I'm very jealous of Europe and their football coverage. When my relos visited there awhile ago I asked them to bring me back a handful of the daily rags from across Europe just so I could pretend to bask in the glory that is proper football culture. I'd give a lot for the A-League to receive similar coverage here in the SMH.

guidop

RandomVince said:

Dat swoop man, no way

Yagharek

The ones near home dont swoop. Theyre actually pretty patient even when theyre off with fledglings. I can walk past, they keep out of reach and dont seem bothered at all.

I reckon its just local behaviour, taught from one to the other and there might just be no history of attacks against them where I live.

Deeku

RandomVince said:
Heh.

Im away on a work trip and get back in 3 weeks, well before Zelda. If you just want a motion plus dongle/knob/doos-e-whatsit let me know. :)
Ohh ok. Yeah that would be awesome then, thanks man:)

midonnay

985880-barry-hall.jpg

elfinke

Away from the superb game of footy for a moment - where's the best place to grab a Sidewinder X8 from? My G7 is just about to shit itself and Logitech have told me they won't repair it so a new rodent is needed.

Alternatively, what's a comparable mouse for that ~$50-$75 price point that can be bought from PCCG? What are you all using and would you recommend it?

Would prefer the pies to win as they have been more gracious winners going by last year compared to the geelong years when I was living there. Couldnt walk into any shop in Geelong for 3 months without having a 2 minute speel about how great they are.

midonnay

reptilescorpio said:
Would prefer the pies to win as they have been more gracious winners going by last year compared to the geelong years when I was living there. Couldnt walk into any shop in Geelong for 3 months without having a 2 minute speel about how great they are.

thats why I'm rooting for hail >_<

whoever wins we lose!!!

Gazunta

Mancave chosen. It's gonna be awwwwesome.

The Big Pinapple has closed. BOOOOO

Holycheck, new Presidog on Monday, hopefully I'll start drawing it tonight after I get some work done...

RandomVince said:
That's not a denial. Mustve been too busy on the phone to type a proper reply on your ipad. :p
I'm watching the game from home. One house mate is a pies fan, so everyone is making fun of him. Plus, I don't own any apple products.

The gf is a fairweather supporter. First game all year that she has watched. Doesn't know anyones name.
Torchlight is damn good, wish RAGE was ready to go this weekend. It has a trading card game!!!

Gazunta said:
Holycheck, new Presidog on Monday, hopefully I'll start drawing it tonight after I get some work done...
Presidog saves the western world from fire demons by urinating on them? Oh Presidog!

Choc

Banned
fappenmeister said:
Poor Malthouse, but Chris Scott seems like a top bloke.

I do feel sorry for MM, shame he coached prententious twats run by a fuckwit who doesn't want the pokies change

oh eddie

Yagharek

Well, that was an irritating game. Right result, but it took 3 quarters before the cream rose to the top. Some shocking decisions, which really ruined the flow of the game and looked like it was going to have a big impact.

Geelong deserved to win, a truely tough side. Early sub required, new coach, lost their best player. An impressive effort for the entire season.

A one-year-old girl was killed when her family's four-wheel drive backed up over her at a property near Katherine today.

A three-year-old boy died in Sydney's east on Wednesday after his mother reversed her four-wheel drive into him in the driveway of their home.

His death came two days after a mother mistakenly accelerated onto the porch of her home in Sorrento, on Victoria's Mornington Peninsula, killing her two-year-old son.

On September 22, a father hit and killed his two-year-old girl in the driveway of their Sydney home.

4 kids in one week? WTF is going on......

Top Bottom