• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

So!

Does this mean we can talk about cricket now?

Nobody likes cricket do they.

:(

DeathJr said:
4 kids in one week? WTF is going on......
People don't pay attention to their kids and understand that motor vehicles are incredible dangerous.

Dead Man

DeathJr said:
4 kids in one week? WTF is going on......
Bloody hell. Horrible for the kids, and the idiot parents too.

reptilescorpio said:
So!

I like cricket, but I never get to watch it these days so I don't really have much to say. :/

reptilescorpio said:
So!

People don't pay attention to their kids and understand that motor vehicles are incredible dangerous.

Loves me some cricket.
But NRL is on tomorrow and the RWC is still going. Give me another month and I'll be all over cricket though.

Bit disappointed the BBL isn't on FTA, but whatever, it's T20 and no one gives a shit about that correct?

Also the NBL must start soon. Every year I always mean to get into that. There is a big b ball fan at work though, so it might be a bit easier this year.
Also NHL starts soon, but I can't imagine anyone here gives less of a shit about a minor US sport, so I'll keep that one to myself. Wow, when I list them like that I like too many sports.

jambo

I love Cricket and having Foxtel means I get to see tonnes of matches!

Also, trade and draft coming up, then it's not long until the 2012 AFL pre-season =P

Dead Man

So, after that disappointment I looked at the Forza thread, and I have decided I need a 360. Need to find the cash now, bloody part time work and study means no games for Dead Man.

elfinke

When I'm not playing cricket I'm watching it. I spent the Saddest. 3.5. Days. Of. My. Life. last year (from the 26/12 to the 29/12) in Melbourne last year, though it was offset by spending 2 of the days with awesome Brits.

I fucking love cricket, thinking of going to the 'gabba /edit: er next year in Feb/March.

Bingle-less Michael Clarke is awesome too.

;)

legend166

elfinke said:
When I'm not playing cricket I'm watching it. I spent the Saddest. 3.5. Days. Of. My. Life. last year (from the 26/12 to the 29/12) in Melbourne last year, though it was offset by spending 2 of the days with awesome Brits.

I fucking love cricket, thinking of going to the 'gabba /edit: er next year in Feb/March.

Bingle-less Michael Clarke is awesome too.

;)

Shhhh, don't say that, RandomVince is around.

Shaneus

Choc said:
if Geelong win this not only have they beaten Collingwood, they have beaten the umpires
Ah, so me being a one-eyed supporter wasn't contributing to my thoughts on that too. Good. There were some rubbish calls. For the next 10 minutes I was saying to my folks "If we lose by less than a goal...".

Driving my DJ mate into down to play from 8-11pm in the main "sports bar" (ie. club) of Geelong. It's going to be fucking chaotic, several roads in the city area have been completely closed off.

I'm excited, but fuck me if I'm not a little scared too.

Deeku

Videogames!

So yeah, I'm in the process of narrowing down my list of "must buy day 1" games for the rest of the year and it's pretty tough. Looks like I'll be spending quite a bit:(

Add to that, I've also stupidly decided to start converting my "overseas" versions of J-pop cds into "Japan version" cds, and by convert I mean re-buy. And holy crap I forgot how expensive Japanese cds were, it's crazy. I only have 3 cds in my cart and it's already $170 with shipping....:(

Choc

Banned
DeathJr said:
An Idiot Abroad - Bloody brilliant!

Another AusGaf recommendation...thanks everyone, super show.

you like that? get on itunes and buy the ricky gervais show podcast

it has kyle on it, and is gold

trinest

HolyCheck said:
I have 13 cans of beer here =D who wants to join me. Or have a beer in fitzroy, im bored and tipsy ;_;
I don't drink with no man who drinks from can. Switch to a glass beer, your taste buds will thank me.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
trinest said:
I don't drink with no man who drinks from can. Switch to a glass beer, your taste buds will thank me.

I normaly do, but I carried the carton home in a backpack, and well safety first! don't need no glass shards in my bavck

HolyCheck said:
I have 13 cans of beer here =D who wants to join me. Or have a beer in fitzroy, im bored and tipsy ;_;

I don't drink beer at all, so I'll pass.

I've tasted quite a few varieties but not a single one sat well with me. What's the best beer for someone who doesn't like beer?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Frawdder said:
Who the fuck is Kyle?

Karl, I don't know if it's an ongoing joke or people don't know lol. but i've seen atleast 5 people refer to karl P as Kyle.

also Deathjnr I was like you about 2 - 3 years ago, Drank only spirits

I cant actually say what changed me to drinking beer (still prefer spirits) but beer is a lot cheaper.

I think the first time I enjoyed a beer was in ireland where I was already drunk on spirits them moved to beer. I think thats your best bet tbh

Frawdder

HolyCheck said:
Karl, I don't know if it's an ongoing joke or people don't know lol. but i've seen atleast 5 people refer to karl P as Kyle.
I figured he meant Karl, was calling him out on it. But I've seen the same thing, people calling him Kyle, no idea what that's all about.

Yagharek

Aahhaa, what the hell kind of muppets are they training in the australian swim team? Racists, criminal thugs and liars wasting police time it seems.

Time to turn the sport amateur again, drop the AIS funding and give the money to people who need it instead of these entitled pricks.

DeathJr said:
I've tasted quite a few varieties but not a single one sat well with me. What's the best beer for someone who doesn't like beer?
Depends which beers you've tried and didn't like, really. Try some local ones from Australian breweries, look for ones specifically that mention no preservatives, they generally don't have that dish cleaner taste.

You could try Stone and Wood Pacific Ale, Chimay Blue, Hoegaarden, Kwak, Sierra Nevada Tornado Extra IPA, Mountain Goat Steam Ale, Brewdog Tokyo*, Bridge Road Bling IPA, White Rabbit Dark Ale, Prickly Moses Red Ale.

They're all very different beers and different styles, so if you don't like anything in the list above, beer's probably not for you..

Edit: Also try Satan's Gold. Love that one, forgot about it. You should be able to find most of them at Purvis Cellars in Surrey Hills. Shouldn't be too far from you.

Top Bottom