• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

midonnay

interesting sight at the afl premiers poster signing at the HUN building...

this old fella brings out about 30 posters for the cartoonist to sign.... then out comes about 10 bits of newspaper, a multitude of afl playing cards and lastly a t-shirt to autograph...

signatures are serious business :/

Geelong doesn't seem to have many non-caucasian fans at all....

midonnay

Choc said:
Apple thinks everyone in aus takes it

so does microsoft (even though WA rejected it years ago)

so fucking annoying.... that one day of the year when you don't realise your clock is messing with you.

wow, just seeing on Insiders, NRL commentators bagging the pokies legislation during halftime.... wtf is wrong with these ppl?

THOUSANDS of schoolchildren are being forced to sing an alternate version of the Australian national anthem that installs "Christ" as the country's head of state and removes any reference to the Southern Cross.

In a move that outraged parents' groups have labelled "disrespectful", some 50 Christian schools of mixed denominations have replaced the second verse of Advance Australia Fair with the lyrics, which begin, "With Christ our head and cornerstone, we'll build our nation's might", for school assembly renditions.

0.o

midonnay said:
so does microsoft (even though WA rejected it years ago)

so fucking annoying.... that one day of the year when you don't realise your clock is messing with you.
Actually Microsoft is pretty good at keeping up to date with all the bloody random changes to daylight savings. The problem is you often have (or at least in the past you did) to get a separate patch when they change the start or finish dates.

Yagharek

So, games.

With a damn big end of year coming up again, what is it that ausgaf people are getting? I'm personally going for fewer games as I still have DEHR and Xenoblade to get through.

As far as the big (console/PC) releases go, I'm probably only getting Zelda. Might wait on UC3 and get it second hand if it has an online pass. Will see how Rage reviews because it looks like Oddworld Stranger in good ways.

Dead Man

RandomVince said:
So, games.

With a damn big end of year coming up again, what is it that ausgaf people are getting? I'm personally going for fewer games as I still have DEHR and Xenoblade to get through.

As far as the big (console/PC) releases go, I'm probably only getting Zelda. Might wait on UC3 and get it second hand if it has an online pass. Will see how Rage reviews because it looks like Oddworld Stranger in good ways.
I think I am getting nothing day one, most of my purchases will be through ozgameshop I think. The only things I think I will have by the end of the year are Skyrim, SR3, and maybe Rage.

Oh, and hopefully a 360 and FM4

elfinke

NA and UK LE's of Dark Souls will be here in the next week or so (one for me, one for a mate just in case the covers were going to be different).

RAGE gets more appealing the more of it I see, but I don't need it until it's cheap.

The Forza 4 demo impressions thread has got me rethinking my decision to go off the 360 once I finish Gears 3, Dan Greenawalt you magnificent bastard.

Uncharted 3 is a 'day one', as far as ozgameshop 'day ones' go.

/edit: oh and Football Manager 2012. Loaded up 2011 for the first time in forever last night... hooked all over again.

That's all I can think of right now. Dark Souls is the only game I feel like I can say I need out of all them.

remz said:
I want Dark Souls so badly. Someone break street date.
The Witcher 2 2.0 is holding my attention until street date thankfully.

midonnay said:
wow, just seeing on Insiders, NRL commentators bagging the pokies legislation during halftime.... wtf is wrong with these ppl?
Gigantic dumptrucks full of money deposited at their doorsteps. They don't give a fuck about what is right and wrong, only how to hold onto their trophy wives now that they are old and fat.

RandomVince said:
With a damn big end of year coming up again, what is it that ausgaf people are getting?
RAGE looks amazing and I will hopefully be able to hold out until I build my new PC next week.
Uncharted 3 will be another highly enjoyable romp and I might even pickup the bitchin' looking LE.
After running through MW2 I will probably try and pickup MW3 if there is an awesome trade in deal like there was with Black Ops. Looks like a lot of fun too.
Will hold off on Skyrim until the GOTY edition or I run out of other games to play.

Deeku

RandomVince said:
So, games.

Mario 3DS, Mario Kart 7, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Battlefield or MW3, Zelda, and maybe a JP Vita depending on if I have enough money for food.

That's the "plan" but since I'm really only hyped for the vita, I might just only get that and hold back on everything else.

elfinke

http://www.internode.on.net/news/2011/09/248.php

Since July 2011, when Internode became Australia's first broadband provider to announce its NBN prices, NBNCo has made significant revisions to its Concentrating Virtual Circuit (CVC) pricing model that address major cost overheads previously present during the ramp-up period of the NBN commercial rollout.

These changes, along with other significant improvements negotiated by Internode in its underlying supply economics since July, have enabled Internode to offer its customers a range of great new retail plans to launch the commercial phase of the NBN.

fRjc4.jpg

Stages 3 and 4 of the NBN rollout in my town are expected to be completed by the end of the year, and I expect to be included in one of those rollouts. Which is good, cos it took me ten minutes to get that image uploaded to imgur just now >:/

Day 1: BF3, CoD MW3, Zelda Skyward Sword, Uncharted 2
maybe Rage

cheaper or later: Skyrim, AC: Revelations, Batman, Mario 3DS

I'd probably go with 300GB platinum when node gets round to adding NBN here. I don't use anywhere near the 150GB I have now but I want a decent amount of speed.

hamchan

Already bought: Batman

Day 1: BF3, MW3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, AC:Revalations, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, MGS HD Collection,

Later stuff: Dark Souls, Skyward Sword, Forza 4, Rage, Dead Rising 2: Off The Record, Ultimate MvC3

RandomVince said:
So, games.

With a damn big end of year coming up again, what is it that ausgaf people are getting

Zelda, Sonic Generations (probably both handheld and console, might wait for the price of the 3DS version to drop a little first), Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and Kirby Wii.

Most of the end of year PS360/PC stuff doesn't really interest me all that much. Might grab Batman and Mahvel next year some time when they're cheap.

legend166

elfinke said:
http://www.internode.on.net/news/2011/09/248.php

fRjc4.jpg

Stages 3 and 4 of the NBN rollout in my town are expected to be completed by the end of the year, and I expect to be included in one of those rollouts. Which is good, cos it took me ten minutes to get that image uploaded to imgur just now >:/

Still don't get how iiNet can undercut them so dramatically.

RandomVince said:
I don't think I'm going to be getting any Day One's. If I do, it will be Batman. That's a big if, though.

However, if I see any of these games cheap before the end of the year they will be mine: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Zelda: Skyward Sword (fat chance), Mario 3DS (even fatter chance), ICO/Shadow Collection, Uncharted 3 (fat chance), Xenoblade.

Some of these will go on Birthday / Christmas wishlists, too. Mainly the ones that have no hope of dropping in price before mid-next year.

Yagharek

I'm starting to hold off on multiplat titles since Wii u is going to have a few. Like batman. That way I either get definitive versions or cheap versions if there is no port.

Axiom

Had great party time, downed a bottle of wine, met a bunch of cool folks and ended up with no hangover.

That's a rare win, and I need to figure out how to pull that off consistently.

I think Uncharted 3 is top priority, though Skyrim is up there. Without a Mass Effect 3 this year though there's nothing I couldn't wait for if needed.

Ydahs

NEOGAF AFL FINALS TIPPING LEADER BOARD

4/4
Shiwasu +99 [GEE, COL, HAW, CAR]
jambo +104 [GEE, COL, WCE, CAR]

3/4
RandomVince +52 [GEE, HAW, WCE, COL]
HolyCheck +111 [GEE, COL, WCE, ESS]
Ydahs +122 [COL, GEE, WCE, CAR]
fisheyes +146 [COL, GEE, WCE, SYD]

2/4
Dead Man +110 [COL, GEE, WCE, STK]
Andiie +144 [GEE, COL, SYD, STK]

1/4
reptilescorpio +193 [COL, GEE, SYD, HAW]

0/4
Nickovic +35 [HAW]
theb0xmIke +67 [ESS]
chicko1983 +77 [ESS]
Kerrby + 148 [WCE]

Congratulations to shiwasu for winning the 2011 AFL Tipping Competition!

midonnay

legend166 said:
Still don't get how iiNet can undercut them so dramatically.

they're basically gambling that people won't use their download limits.... the ACCC will probably be watching like a hawk if their contention ratio is such that peak hour speeds plummet.

RandomVince said:
So, games.

With a damn big end of year coming up again, what is it that ausgaf people are getting?

Day one:

Skyrim
Batman AC
BF3
UC3
AC Revelations

Laters:

MW3
Dark Souls
Rage (maybe, probably rental)
MGS HD Trilogy
Splinter Cell HD Trilogy
GOW PSP HD collection

Backlog:

Resistance 3
Deus EX HR
Fallout 3 GOTY edition
Witcher 2
Infamous 2

Also, watching the NRL...damn those players are huge. AFL players look like kids in front of them.

jambo

Ydahs said:

4/4

5 points?

ARGH!

Kerrby

Banned
Ydahs said:

4/4

3/4
RandomVince +52 [GEE, HAW, WCE, COL]
HolyCheck +111 [GEE, COL, WCE, ESS]
Ydahs +122 [COL, GEE, WCE, CAR]
fisheyes +146 [COL, GEE, WCE, SYD]

2/4
Dead Man +110 [COL, GEE, WCE, STK]
Andiie +144 [GEE, COL, SYD, STK]

1/4
reptilescorpio +193 [COL, GEE, SYD, HAW]

0/4
Nickovic +35 [HAW]
theb0xmIke +67 [ESS]
chicko1983 +77 [ESS]
Kerrby + 148 [WCE]

What do I get for coming last?

elfinke

midonnay said:
Internode = hipster ISP :p

They've also been the best ISP I've ever used for speeds and uptimes, though these days I bet both of those stats are much of a muchness between ISPs.

RandomVince said:
Lol. I always imagined him joining the Citizens Electoral Council.

My work email address is on their email list, so we get 1 or 2 emails per week from them. Receiving - then reading- Craig Isherwood's latest rant (the collapse of the Queen's green capitalist agenda etc etc) is often the highlight of my day.

Top Bottom