• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Deeku

Jintor said:
That was the Skate Vid I was looking for :< I couldn't remember which of the 20 billion Skate vids it was though
The clip is in the video you posted, but yeah I couldn't find the original one either. I think it's from the first game.

Search didn't show anything. Just wondering if ausgaf had any good online stores for blu-ray movies and tv shows? Jb hifi is usually good for movies but tv is seriously lacking.

Choc

Banned
http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/...ors-as-some-of-the-six-struggle/2011093051757

The Renovators properties like the block struggled to make reserve. Yep the Sydney market sure is starting to tank.

One didn't even break even.

These property shows will disappear for a bit if the tv chans keep losing money on the properties

wow, the weatherboard only went for $575k and is in parramatta and a huge renovated house. Thats a massive surprise. Shop didn't break even

Choc said:
http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/...ors-as-some-of-the-six-struggle/2011093051757

The Renovators properties like the block struggled to make reserve. Yep the Sydney market sure is starting to tank.

One didn't even break even.

These property shows will disappear for a bit if the tv chans keep losing money on the properties

wow, the weatherboard only went for $575k and is in parramatta and a huge renovated house. Thats a massive surprise. Shop didn't break even

sydney is the only state that hasn't had much price drop what with all the rumour mongering of a flop economy

Omikron

Pachterballs said:
sydney is the only state that hasn't had much price drop what with all the rumour mongering of a flop economy
Top end of the market has probably suffered. But for the plebs, perhaps not.

Report in the age this morning saying 40 burbs have cracked the 1 million median in Melbourne.

Sidzed2

Howdy y'all. I have a spare copy of the ICO / Shadow of the Colossus Collection I'm looking to offload. It's the UK PAL version, still sealed.

I'm happy to be rid of it for $38 AUD if anyone is interested, express post included. PM me if keen.

In other news, it is exactly one month until the launch of Uncharted 3. Anyone else psyched?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Sidzed2 said:
Howdy y'all. I have a spare copy of the ICO / Shadow of the Colossus Collection I'm looking to offload. It's the UK PAL version, still sealed.

I'm happy to be rid of it for $38 AUD if anyone is interested, express post included. PM me if keen.

In other news, it is exactly one month until the launch of Uncharted 3. Anyone else psyched?

isn't it selling for like $20?

midonnay

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blame-weather-not-meat-loaf-afl-boss-20111003-1l4gp.html

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou said Meat Loaf ‘‘gave it his best’’ during his grand final pre-match show, amid criticism of the US rocker’s performance.

Meat Loaf failed to hit the high notes and mumbled into the microphone throughout a 12-minute medley, which included hits Bat out of Hell and I Would do Anything for Love.

His lacklustre performance and high price tag, in excess of $500,000, has been widely criticised in the media.

Mr Demetriou told Triple M radio the pre-match entertainment was disappointing.

‘‘I actually think that the pre-match (entertainment) was a bit flat overall and probably, maybe in part due to the weather as well, it just didn’t seem to be as much atmosphere going on before the game regardless of who was playing,’’ he said.

‘‘But anyway, (Meat Loaf) gave it his best.’’

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Sidzed2 said:
No, $59.95 as far as I am aware. Online maybe a fraction cheaper?

Ah it's just i swear I saw a thread on the gaming side thismorning about it being uber cheap, unless I dreamnt it haha

FallbackPants said:
Everyone signed up years and years ago but Hurwitz has been sitting on his hands for years trying to write the script. I doubt it will be worth it in the end. Too much time has passed and everything he has done since has been shit. Even the actors think it has been too long. If it is shit though we can just pretend in never happened and if it is great then bonus! No reason not to try.

Sidzed2 said:
No, $59.95 as far as I am aware. Online maybe a fraction cheaper?
$40 on OzGameShop. Everyone should buy it! Or wait 4 weeks when it drops to $20 like all the other HD collections have.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
TASTE THE HAPPY!

Good to see AD is coming back for a season before the movie. Monday has been great so far, I look forward to it turning to shit.

evlcookie said:
That trailer makes me want to kill people.

agreed, i signed up regardless to have a look over lunch but cant connect at work. oh well.

Sounds/looks like a micro-transactions based LBP on the web

It's been described as 'World of Warcraft meets Little Big Planet meets Farmville', so two out of three ain't bad, right?

I still don't get what the point of it is. Is it a platformer? Am I meant to design something like in Farmville? No clue...

Aon

Isn't Keita Takahashi attached to it in some way? I signed up for the beta ages ago, but it doesn't seem like anything more than character creation works from Uni. ;__;

codswallop said:
It's been described as 'World of Warcraft meets Little Big Planet meets Farmville', so two out of three ain't bad, right?

I still don't get what the point of it is. Is it a platformer? Am I meant to design something like in Farmville? No clue...

I hope that's referring to WoW and LBP.

Looks like you level up of sorts and unlock stuff, but it also looks like it has an offline training system like EVE online, there is evidence of him training the animal skill and its going to take 2 days or something.

I will jump in when i get home and have a look out of pure interest now but it doesn't look like something that will hold up as a long term game interest.

I'd be surprised if anyone in here referred to Farmville as "ain't bad".

Yeah you jump around, interact with ... stuff ... and you can level up while not playing. That seems to be about it to me. As a game I haven't found anything compelling so I doubt most in here are the target audience.

codswallop said:
I'd be surprised if anyone in here referred to Farmville as "ain't bad".

Yeah you jump around, interact with ... stuff ... and you can level up while not playing. That seems to be about it to me. As a game I haven't found anything compelling so I doubt most in here are the target audience.

Haha, i was afraid there for a second. I got the same vibe.

On another games note, anyone in here excited for RAGE?
Why the heck would i want to buy this game, nothing it is doing is coming up on my games interest radar but there is a lot of hype behind it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Yep, I'm looking forward to whenever it turns up. I don't know why though to be honest. I think it is part interest in seeing what ID has done after 5 or 6 years with the project, the tech behind it, it looking awesome on my PC and something that just feels graphically more appealing to me than borderlands.

Plus it could be an enjoyable mindless go here gather this hand in quest game, Which i've never had issues with and have enjoyed after all those years of playing WoW. It has some co-op and multiplayer so i expect PC-Ausgaf will play it for about 1hr and never touch it again. That 1hr should be fun though.

Marshmellow said:
On another games note, anyone in here excited for RAGE?
My loins have already melted with anticipation. Check out the gifs in the official thread. Also I would go down on my knees for Carmack. Plus Mad Max buggies!

reptilescorpio said:
My loins have already melted with anticipation. Check out the gifs in the official thread. Also I would go down on my knees for Carmack. Plus Mad Max buggies!

I have been checking out trailers, reading the OT etc.
Just not feeling the depth to the game, one trailer i watched i was like "oo that looks like its going to be an epic journey" then i watched 3 more and my reaction was more like "freaking hell side quests and boring pointless npc interaction, no thanks"

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
Top end of the market has probably suffered. But for the plebs, perhaps not.

Report in the age this morning saying 40 burbs have cracked the 1 million median in Melbourne.

The clearance rate for sydney auctions is significantly down on 12 months ago. And these properties in some cases were not high end. The blacktown house reserve was only 365k

Top Bottom