• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

jambo

Shaneus said:
Honestly, it's that fucking orange fret that always fucks with me. Now that they randomly drop it in medium songs for RB3 (almost always buy surprise) I'm rarely getting 100%. Anything more difficult than that scares the absolute shit out of me.

I do love having that Logitech Guitar Hero guitar, though. Built like a brick shithouse.

I normally do Hard/Expert on guitar and always Expert on bass. Once you work out how to slide your hand up and quickly use your pinky to hit the orange note you're golden.

legend166 said:
I need to start playing Rock Band 3 again.

If you need a bassist for some online play we could hit up some mulitplayer!

Just bought Bidding of Issac for 5 bucks on steam. hopefully some fun.

Just organized myself a $25p/m mobile broadband on TPG (i'm already with them) because it will be handy and GF currently has voda as her only net and its horrible, no voda net or phone reception at her house. Hoping that tpg is alot better or at least a stable 100kb/s or something.

Anyone currently have or have experiance with tpg's mobile net? advice would be appreciated thanks.

legend166

jambo said:
I normally do Hard/Expert on guitar and always Expert on bass. Once you work out how to slide your hand up and quickly use your pinky to hit the orange note you're golden.

Xbox 360. Which means I'd need to pay for Live Gold.

Which means - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fredescu

Kerrby said:
Whoa since when? Last I saw it was 1.03.
It hasn't been 1.03 since Sep 16.

16-Sep-2011 1.0345
19-Sep-2011 1.0223
20-Sep-2011 1.0191
21-Sep-2011 1.0278
22-Sep-2011 1.0027
23-Sep-2011 0.9760
26-Sep-2011 0.9672
27-Sep-2011 0.9889
28-Sep-2011 0.9853
29-Sep-2011 0.9808
30-Sep-2011 0.9781

elfinke

jambo said:

I slide my index finger up to reach the low note, not my pinky down. That's the real trick I find, and GH/RB does a bad job of teaching you that (since it uses the top 3 colours in the easy modes, rather the bottom notes).

Also, expert4lyf. Rock Band Beatles gets a regular play in my house reasonably often (the music is so so good).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Interesting times there kritz, saves me doing it i guess :D

ASOS finished, Well i have the epilogue to go but i will save that for the train ride home since i actually have work to do.

jambo

elfinke said:
Also, expert4lyf. Rock Band Beatles gets a regular play in my house reasonably often (the music is so so good).

I love Beatles Rock Band, but it's so damn easy and there's not much variety in chords and what not. It's not like Beatles songs have complex guitar structure.

Yagharek

Stop the world please, I want to get off.

In lieu of that I would accept an alien overlord who only ate some people occasionally.

Too much stupid, and the dumb dumbs are winning.

elfinke

jambo said:
I love Beatles Rock Band, but it's so damn easy and there's not much variety in chords and what not. It's not like Beatles songs have complex guitar structure.

This is true, and probably is the main reason it gets requested by Saturday night visitors more then the other GH/RB's - everyone knows the songs and just about everyone can play it on medium or hard well enough to feel like gods!

Kritz

Banned
evlcookie said:
Interesting times there kritz, saves me doing it i guess :D

I did some other runs as well.

Bad Company 2:
1:20 from launching the .exe without Steam running until I spawned in the game. That's about the same speed as I got from launching BF3.exe without Origin running.

Team Fortress 2 also got 1:20 without Steam launched, so they're all pretty even.

I might do some tests later where I ignore Origin / Steam launch times, and also joining off friends. But at the moment it's more or less the same speed.

I will say though, that the Source browser is far and beyond the fastest to navigate and enter high population, low latency servers. BC2 is pretty much identical to BF3, but BF3 is easier to navigate because I can scroll a webpage much faster than I can scroll through BC2's shitty menus.

BF2 is by far the worst for actual browsing speeds, but has far more options and filters than any other.

elfinke

jambo said:
Plus it's one of the best looking games ever made. Wonderful art direction.

Oh man, so much this. It oozes love and care at every step with so much attention to detail throughout, from the loading screens with the most excellent recording quotes that play, to the wonderful film clips. And I'm only a passing Beatles fan at most.

legend166

Want to hear something incredibly depressing?

My brother is getting married in April. Which means he will move out. He owns the 360, so I assume he'll take it with him. So not only will I not be able to play Rock Band/Guitar Hero unless I go over to his place, that 360 contains probably $100 in DLC I bought for Rock Band.

;_;

Seriously, it's like going through a divorce. My brother and I have gone halves on so many things throughout the years I don't know how we're going to split everything.

Like, I own something like seasons 3, 6 and 8 of The Simpsons, but he owns 4, 5 and 7.

HOW WILL WE DO THIS?

elfinke

Ask the sister-in-law-to-be for a dowry payment, consisting of seasons 4, 5 and 7 of The Simpsons, $100 in unmarked bills and a cow.

Don't forget the cow.

legend166 said:

My brother is getting married in April. Which means he will move out. He owns the 360, so I assume he'll take it with him. So not only will I not be able to play Rock Band/Guitar Hero unless I go over to his place, that 360 contains probably $100 in DLC I bought for Rock Band.

;_;

Seriously, it's like going through a divorce. My brother and I have gone halves on so many things throughout the years I don't know how we're going to split everything.

Like, I own something like seasons 3, 6 and 8 of The Simpsons, but he owns 4, 5 and 7.

HOW WILL WE DO THIS?

buy the 360 off him- or better still, pull out the video cable and he'll think it's red ringed

Omikron

Fredescu said:
How much 60s music do you listen to exactly?

Will be honest and not that much, what I do listen to is mostly blues. ;)

Would say things like Sabbath, but they just drift into the 70s.

midonnay

legend166 said:

get him a new one for a wedding present

edit: gah gaf hivemind

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Your state makes me go from my full license to my P's then tells me I have to buy GREEN P plates? wth is this

Fredescu

Omi said:
Will be honest and not that much, what I do listen to is mostly blues. ;)
Even if you don't like them, you have to admit there must be something good going on if they're one of the few bands from the 60s still widely listened to today. The early boy band stuff has aged poorly, but Rubber Soul and onwards is still good.

Jintor

I just sat through two one-hour lectures on job interviews from 40-50 year old media management people who kind of had a handle on what was going on and kind of also didn't

one was spectacularly sexist but kept quoting statistics about it so I wasn't really sure how to approach that

HolyCheck said:
ohyeh baack on my P's thanks vic you cunt
lol. My mate from NSW was on his L's before coming to uni and when he went to VicRoads just before they ran out and they gave him his full licence. No test or anything.

Choc said:
syndicate *swoon*
Dish bitch, I want some damn gameplay footage! Or a preview disc in my mailbox! Also who is composing the music? Could be make or break, it was a huge part of why DE3 was so enjoyable.

ClivePwned said:
lol @ people finding bugs in a beta. Did we mention it was a beta build?
A lot of betas this generation though have been glorified stress tests built for marketing purposes though. I remember some great betas through places like Combat Training 6 or 7 years ago that were quite enjoyable to be involved in the back and forth searching for bugs.
It is true that you can't judge bf3 just on the beta, not long until launch to check it out anyway.

Gazunta said:
rage *swoon*
*spoodge*

Choc said:
news limited defends bolt wanting the racial act repealed
what
the
fuck
Journalists want to be able to write whatever the hell they want without repercussions. News at 11. Journalistic integrity died a long time ago.

Choc

Banned
so i phone5

my prediction, Apple to shock the world and IP5 to support LTE (Telstra 4G)

which is why telstra has gone bananas marketing 4g recently (not the USB stick)

and telstra to have it exclusive with the other three getting the 3G model of the IP5.

Choc

Banned
HolyCheck said:
Your state makes me go from my full license to my P's then tells me I have to buy GREEN P plates? wth is this

wait what? I thought once yo uwere fully licensed in one state it carried over

at least it does in NSW, what the fuck Victoria?

also buy them? Your state is FUCKING SHIT if thats the case, how fucked is your public purse if you can't even give something you legally MUST DISPLAY for free

i got given 7 sets when i got my P's

Top Bottom