• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Dead Man

Shaneus said:
That's fucking awesome.

PS. Everyone needs to see Love the Beast about Eric Bana and his XB Falcon. It's pretty awesome.
Finally got around to seeing it last week or so ago, it is brilliant.

Edit: Cunty sounds delicious!

Rezbit

Hahaha you can see the moment when he almost sharts himself. I'm guilty of jumping like a fool and failing wildly when I've had spiders on me, though.

And Battleshots looks amazing. If we ever have an Australia-wide AusGAF meetup that should start proceedings.

Oh, I also remember when Bana totaled his car in Targa Tasmania. D'oh.

Yagharek

4 Corners tonight is pretty depressing.

I know there's 'worse' poverty in the world in the Horn of Africa for example, but it's giving a strong indication that the Great Depression or an equivalent experience is on the verge of being matched for a lot of people, especially in the UK and US.

Choc

Banned
Choc said:
:(

No one's offering red card odds on the A-League tonight

I can't bet but those who can if you can find it, a red card tonight is a given

so anyone get rich from my prediction ;) Told you!

RandomVince said:
bonus: Battleshots

Battle-shots.png

The first time I saw this I thought it was fucking awesome but then I had a thought.
I've never played the real board game, just online so I don't know how it works IRL but there's a reference point to where you hit their battleship no? In battleshots how would you know where to keep hitting unless you remembered the grid references very well

Knowledge of how they do it in the real battleship game would probably eradicate this thought.

Shaneus said:
That's fucking awesome.

PS. Everyone needs to see Love the Beast about Eric Bana and his XB Falcon. It's pretty awesome.

Dr. Phil? hmmmm -_-

Yagharek

roosters93 said:
The first time I saw this I thought it was fucking awesome but then I had a thought.
I've never played the real board game, just online so I don't know how it works IRL but there's a reference point to where you hit their battleship no? In battleshots how would you know where to keep hitting unless you remembered the grid references very well

Knowledge of how they do it in the real battleship game would probably eradicate this thought.

On the table you see they have markers. There's a red one on the left hand side. It also corresponds to the empty shot glass in the right players aircraft carrier.

edit: it's actually out by one place, which makes me assume this is round 2 and theyve already played and downed quite a few shots. :p

Way we used to play battleship was you put a yellow peg for a hit and a white peg for a miss, so you know where you've fired at.

Spent the afternoon watching Blade Runner. Would make me very excited downstairs if 2K follow up Mafia 2 with a Blade Runner title using the same engine. What is that team up to these days anyway?

roosters93 said:
Also the fun in drinking games is being able to see the punishment as it unfolds, like in beer pong or kings cup. Making it a random guessing game would quickly get boring. Still havne't found any drinking game more fun than beer pong. Well, maybe arsehole if you have a group of really drunk, funny people.

markot

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
Spent the afternoon watching Blade Runner. Would make me very excited downstairs if 2K follow up Mafia 2 with a Blade Runner title using the same engine. What is that team up to these days anyway?
tabletennis.gif

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I never played the BR game (from Westwood?) that came out a while back... I fear it wouldn't have dated well.

Rather than that, I'd like to see a return of the Tex Murphy franchise, put into a high-profile game and not some half-arsed attempt to cash in on a loved classic. Like DE3, I guess (that I still haven't played, FML) as opposed to Syndicate which seems to have strayed far from it's roots. Shit, I think I even mentioned that it would be a good fit for the LA Noire engine. Restrictive but very much a noire detective thriller set in the not-too-distant future. Maybe even an "origins"-esque story (like DE3 is... afaik).

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hey MELBOURNE GAF.

WHO WANTS TO DO SHIT TOGETHER.

WE CAN DRINK ALCOHOL.

WE CAN EAT FOOD.

WE CAN DO IT EARLY IN THE DAY LIKE 3PM SO THAT THOSE THAT LIVE FAR AWAY CAN STILL JOIN

WHOS KEEN.

our numbers are already at two! TWO! thats one more than one!

Shaneus said:
I never played the BR game (from Westwood?) that came out a while back... I fear it wouldn't have dated well.
Check out the lets play. Really great game by Westwood who were brilliant before the EA takeover.

HolyCheck said:
How about a trip to beautiful Warrnambool! :)

:(

Nemesis_

Totally keen to make some more Marvel vs. Capcom 3 friends from AusGAF, if you even exist.

I'm on 360, my gamertag is Nemesis556 and I play mid level. >_> I also don't mind just picking random every team and fucking around. PLEASE ADD ME, I'M DESPERATE

Ydahs

What's up with the annoying ads on GAF today? Some horrid blinking 'scammy' looking ones and a few NSFW ones creeping in too (American Apparel I think it's called).
HolyCheck said:
Hey MELBOURNE GAF.

WE CAN DRINK ALCOHOL.

WE CAN EAT FOOD.

WE CAN DO IT EARLY IN THE DAY LIKE 3PM SO THAT THOSE THAT LIVE FAR AWAY CAN STILL JOIN

WHOS KEEN.

I cannot. For I am different.

Jintor

Nemesis556 said:
Totally keen to make some more Marvel vs. Capcom 3 friends from AusGAF, if you even exist.

I'm on 360, my gamertag is Nemesis556 and I play mid level. >_> I also don't mind just picking random every team and fucking around. PLEASE ADD ME, I'M DESPERATE

Talk to me when UMvC3 hits

Yagharek

Ydahs said:
What's up with the annoying ads on GAF today? Some horrid blinking 'scammy' looking ones and a few NSFW ones creeping in too (American Apparel I think it's called).

I cannot. For I am different.

I got caught out on play asia yesterday. All the facebook plugin tags show customers who 'liked' the site.

One guy's profile had his cock flopped out. >.<

That's one reason why I'll never ever use facebook.

HolyCheck

RandomVince said:
I got caught out on play asia yesterday. All the facebook plugin tags show customers who 'liked' the site.

One guy's profile had his cock flopped out. >.<

That's one reason why I'll never ever use facebook.

dude could have his cock as his gaf avi, shut up

Aon

HolyCheck said:
Hey MELBOURNE GAF.

WE CAN DRINK ALCOHOL.

WE CAN EAT FOOD.

WHOS KEEN.

I'm game :D

Yagharek

HolyCheck said:

What?

edit: paging choc to the thread. Can you decode the message in quotes above please. It's missing a few key words I believe.

HolyCheck

RandomVince said:
What?

edit: paging choc to the thread. Can you decode the message in quotes above please. It's missing a few key words I believe.

You get banned from Facebook for having that as your picture, like you would here. So using that as an argument is eh.

p.s. I am having beyblaed battles with myself

Idiot + Dolphins = Pure Gold!

HolyCheck said:
Pretty sure that would get reported to a mod straight away.
Edit: Oh. Well I have a few 'friends' that have drug related profile pics on Facebook and they still haven't been taken down. Not to mention my cousins who are like 12 and have drunk pictures of themselves up. Yeah. I should probably have a chat to my Uncle at some point about maybe tightening the reins a bit.

Yagharek

HolyCheck said:
You get banned from Facebook for having that as your picture, like you would here. So using that as an argument is eh.

p.s. I am having beyblaed battles with myself

Facebook needs GAF mods to cull the herd. But I get the feeling 99.9% of facebook users would be banned for the shit that goes on there if some decent standard was employed.

Jintor

So is GMG probably the cheapest place to get Arkham City for PC? What with it not appearing on the Steam store yet and all.

Jintor said:
So is GMG probably the cheapest place to get Arkham City for PC? What with it not appearing on the Steam store yet and all.
Don't forget it has been delayed. :(
But yes GMG should be cheapest. I got it for $28 when taking into account the $5 credit, 15% off for pre-order and another 20% discount coupon they had at the time.
November is such a long time away. :(

hamchan

Jintor said:

Cheapest is probably ebay sellers selling the free keys they got from buying a new graphics card.

Rahk

Jintor said:
Don't think it's Steamworks though, if that matters.

Kerrby

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
Spent the afternoon watching Blade Runner. Would make me very excited downstairs if 2K follow up Mafia 2 with a Blade Runner title using the same engine.

I'm sorry but Blade Runner is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, I love the cinematography with the sci-fi noir setting but the story/typical 80s bad graphics/stupid love interest/most of the setting just doesn't do it for me.

I also didn't like the ending how the used the unused Shining footage of the mountains. Doesn't fit with the movie at all.

1/10.

jambo

That's why you watch the superior Final Cut.

Also 1/10? :lol Joke account confirmed.

Also awesome soundtrack, Vangelis knocked it out of the park!

reptilescorpio said:
Spent the afternoon watching Blade Runner. Would make me very excited downstairs if 2K follow up Mafia 2 with a Blade Runner title using the same engine.

Prey 2

Rezbit

It's actually shit trolling. Because it's obvious. Speaking of that, did anyone see the Portal 2 vs Ico thread in Gaming? Without a doubt one of the worst threads I have seen on NeoGAF.

Jintor

Rezbit said:
It's actually shit trolling. Because it's obvious. Speaking of that, did anyone see the Portal 2 vs Ico thread in Gaming? Without a doubt one of the worst threads I have seen on NeoGAF.

"Now that I've played Modern Warfare 3, I can definitively say without a doubt that Space Wars is a terrible game."

Agyar

Kerrby said:
I'm sorry but Blade Runner is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, I love the cinematography with the sci-fi noir setting but the story/typical 80s bad graphics/stupid love interest/most of the setting just doesn't do it for me.

I also didn't like the ending how the used the unused Shining footage of the mountains. Doesn't fit with the movie at all.

1/10.

Way to watch the Theatrical Cut with the shitty happy ending. Also you suck.

jambo

Rezbit said:
Speaking of that, did anyone see the Portal 2 vs Ico thread in Gaming? Without a doubt one of the worst threads I have seen on NeoGAF.

I just read that thread and I don't even know how I would reply.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Check out the lets play. Really great game by Westwood who were brilliant before the EA takeover.
Is that a YT thing they do? Entire playthrough or just a quick run? Anyway, on the topic of playthroughs (kinda), here's a GB quick look at Amped 3... that goes for almost an hour. It has all the cutscenes in it and about 3min of gameplay. I'd forgotten how dead-set hilarous most of the FMV was in it. Great game.

From the iPhone 4S thread:
Shaneus said:
Damnit, I was going to wait. I WAS GOING TO WAIT.

NYY9I.png
Still, I reckon a white one will look pretty boss with one of these on the back (which I originally bought for the 4 I never followed through with, hopefully it fits the 4S):
iphone4-aluminium-backplate.jpeg

Different enough from everyone else's white 4/4S, anyway.

Kerrby said:

1/10.
Jintor beat me to it, but you clearly watched the worst version of it. Thankfully, I was lucky enough to see the HD remaster when it was shown at a theatre in Melbourne a few years back. 4K Blade Runner looked fucking AMAZING. More than justified buying a copy of the HD
-DVD
Blade Runner box set.

Shaneus

roosters93 said:
So you're getting an unlocked iphone without a plan? what are you going to do for data and calls/texts?
Telstra pre-paid. $30 a month gets me around 1-1.5gb data (depending on how I spend my Telstra credit, whether I choose $30 of browse packs or a combination of browse/MMS) and $200 worth of calls/SMS. No plan and if I want a 5 when it comes out, I can sell the 4S without having to worry about unlocking etc. Warranty straight from Apple, too.

Shaneus said:
Telstra pre-paid. $30 a month gets me around 1-1.5gb data (depending on how I spend my Telstra credit, whether I choose $30 of browse packs or a combination of browse/MMS) and $200 worth of calls/SMS. No plan and if I want a 5 when it comes out, I can sell the 4S without having to worry about unlocking etc. Warranty straight from Apple, too.

Sounds pretty good to me but according to this page from telstra 1gb is $39 per month for pre-paid customers unless I'm missing something.

Shaneus

roosters93 said:
Sounds pretty good to me but according to this page from telstra 1gb is $39 per month for pre-paid customers unless I'm missing something.
On a $30 Cap+ plan you get 500mb by default. If you want, after that you can drop $30 on a $10 and $20 plan to give you an extra 900mb, or do what I do (as an occasional MMSer) and spend $20 on 700mb and $10 for 25 MMSes (or thereabouts).

Beauty of it is is that when dropping cash on a Cap+ plan, you get some data, call/SMS credit *and* $30 to spend on those packs. Plus you're on the Telstra network, which is pretty boss. Shit, if I went up to a $40 prepaid I'd have $510 call credit, 1gb included data AND $40 credit to spend on more packs like additional data, MMSes or whatever.

Rahk said:
Don't think it's Steamworks though, if that matters.
GFWL unfortunately. Crossing my fingers that MS have gussied up that hog!

jambo said:
Cribs the ideas and landscape but takes it in a more fun, energetic direction. I want a dreary dystopia, after all everyone wants to make a better life offworld not be stuck in the shithole that is Earth. Actually Remedy could pull it off too since it would give them a nice basis for a game that I would enjoy even if it turned out like Alan Wake (biggest disappointment of my adult life 4/10).

Rezbit said:
Yeah I read the OP and said to myself it isn't worth the effort to argue as the OP obviously had a decent point but went about it in a really fucking stupid manner. They will regret it in a month once both games settle in their head a bit because most of the 'flaws' they talk about in Ico come through being too engrossed in another gameworld (ironically Portal 2 should have had the same suspension of belief problems but the OP didn't seem to mind). Shagg made the thread worth reading at least.

Shaneus said:
Is that a YT thing they do? Entire playthrough or just a quick run? Anyway, on the topic of playthroughs (kinda), here's a GB quick look at Amped 3... that goes for almost an hour. It has all the cutscenes in it and about 3min of gameplay. I'd forgotten how dead-set hilarous most of the FMV was in it. Great game.

From the iPhone 4S thread
aUHw2.jpg

Here is a Lets Play but I couldn't find the youtube one I watched a few years back.

Man Amped 3 was so much fun. Aside from trying to get all the gold medals. There was one timed collectathon that was so bloody frustrating. Never did get 100%

Also how much is the new iPhone outright? I can't imagine ever buying a phone. On the $59 cap with Optus but if I held out another month I could have got it on a $45 one with Vodaphone which would have been an even better deal.

HolyCheck said:
Hey MELBOURNE GAF.

WE CAN DRINK ALCOHOL.

WE CAN EAT FOOD.

WHOS KEEN.

What about playing games?
3AQmK.gif

Darklord

Banned
Talking about unlocked phones, where would be the best place to buy one? Overseas? I really want a new phone but $500+? No way.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Also how much is the new iPhone outright? I can't imagine ever buying a phone. On the $59 cap with Optus but if I held out another month I could have got it on a $45 one with Vodaphone which would have been an even better deal.
Prices am here, cuz. Normally I wouldn't get a phone outright, but seeing as I have some money to spare *and* I might be interested in a 5 if it comes out next year, it's cheapest for me to stick to Telstra prepaid and buy it outright... end up saving a few hundy.

Top Bottom