• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Jintor

commanderdeek said:
Exciting game, and yeah that Cooper guy was terrible.

Edit:

Don't you just stay on your current syllabus since you're already doing it? That's what happened when they introduced the people/planet crap. Or is this something more complicated? Transferring sounds real messy indeed.

I started in '09 and it's a 5 year degree, so I stay in my current syllabus to complete my B.Media and then have to transfer to the B.Arts (Media) LLB at the end of 2012. Though I think I might just defer next year if I can get the Bachelor of Media now.

legend166

May as well post it in here:

So I'm sitting down with my brother trying to watch Star Wars on Blu-Ray, and we're having a problem with the Blu-Ray player. It's a very simple set up, the player (Sony BDP-S350) connects directly to the TV (Panasonic Viera TX32LXD700a - 32 inch LCD).

The problem is, we get absolutely no sound. I'm played around with every possible setting on both the TV and the player. It works completely fine on the TV in my brother's room, so it's not the HDMI cable. And the TV has no problem accepting sound from my PS3, so that's not an issue. It just seems like this combo of TV/player is a disaster.

I've spent hours on Google with no luck. Anyone have any idea what could be going wrong?

Edit: Extra bit of info - we can play DVDs just fine using this exact set up. It's only Blu-Rays.

Shaneus

Check what audio it's trying to output. Chances are the stream it's using is incompatible with your TV. You might need to change the audio output on the BR player so it does it in stereo or regular Dolby Digital or something. If it's using DTS-HD or something tricky like that, your TV might not like it.

Yagharek

Serious question: have you tried any other blurays? It might be a manufacturing problem with the SW discs if DVDs work.

It's an unlikely suggestion, but just ruling it out.

Rezbit said:
I agree! Was pretty intense though. Will watch semi-final, won't know what's happening. Some of the penalties are just what.

Yeah i didn't really understand rugby until i started playing it. It's a lot easier to understand what's happening in the rucks when you've been involved with them for a while.

Deeku

HolyCheck said:
does anyone here know how to permanently change the region code on a mac?

=D
You can flash the firmware on the drive to make it region free. Plenty of guides on the internet. I haven't done it myself though.

Salazar

DeathJr said:
As far as I know, you're allowed up to 5 region changes on the dvd player, after which it will lock to the latest one for good.

Mine miraculously changed back to 4 after I accidentally locked it on a wrong 'un.

No idea why it did that, but it's seemingly not an inevitably permanent lock. I was just about to try and fuck with it and it worked for me. Mind power.

Bernbaum

Today I bought a packet of Kooka's biscuits and now I've eaten the whole fucking packet and all youse cunts are responsible.

markot said:
Are there any good flavours of kookas? Or is it all some fruity crap?!
Choc chip. Or cherry ripe.
kookalovesme8u6l.jpg

Also the MW3 trailer was boss. Almost pre-ordered it when I walked past EB today. :(

markot

Banned
The bottom one looks ok >.< Think ill check out coles tomoz for some. See what the fuss is about.

And jam is fine, but I only liked those raspberry tart thingys that arnotts used to make, but I cant see them anymore....

I hate when they stop making crap I love.... there used to be these chocolate biscuits I loved as a kid, GONE! And just recently, I loved this new wild honey yoghurt that came out, but now its the only flavour that doesnt exist anymore >_<

And I loved Quattros, but theyre gone now too.....

ew. Cherry flavoured anything is usually pretty terrible. (The exception is poptarts).

markot said:
I hate when they stop making crap I love.... there used to be these chocolate biscuits I loved as a kid, GONE! And just recently, I loved this new wild honey yoghurt that came out, but now its the only flavour that doesnt exist anymore >_<

Know the feel :(
I found this awesome nostalgia shop in Japan that sold a whole bunch of old brands of Japanese sweets (My Japanese friend got super excited - but you know if they aren't making them anymore those are probably pretty old...). I did find this old snow white doll there which I think was the first barbie I had. That was pretty cool. Anyway, my point was that they should have something like that here so I can get nostalgia-y over it too.

Deeku

I haven't had a poptart in aaaaages! I remember them being kinda gross though, especially the ones encrusted with chocolate on both sides.

Salazar

commanderdeek said:
I haven't had a poptart in aaaaages! I remember them being kinda gross though, especially the ones encrusted with chocolate on both sides.

They sell 'em at uni. I succumb, from time to time.

commanderdeek said:

They sell apple crumble and cinnamon ones at my uni for $2 each. Expensive but om nom nom so good.

Jintor said:
Where the fuck were you two when everybody else was just stuffing them into their mouths wholesale?

I was around but my mild dislike was drowned out by the OMG AWESOME brigade. :)

DeathJr said:
You probably won't find those ones in coles, I've tried 6 different ones and have only found the plain raspberry or choc-raspberry ones. :(

I found none in my Coles and only the one's you mention at Woolies. I'd like to try the choc chip ones. :/

Rezbit

markot said:

You arsehole! I had completely forgotten about these, REPRESSED THEM if you will, but no you had to come along and remind me how delicious they were and that they're gone. GONE! *sobs*

Deeku

shanshan310 said:
They sell apple crumble and cinnamon ones at my uni for $2 each. Expensive but om nom nom so good.
Interesting.

I only bought a toaster recently so this might give me something other than golden crumpets to toast.

Deeku

Yeah, she's mentioned it here before. She's also a regular poster in the girl gaf and lady gaf advice threads.

...not that I read those threads or anything.

Top Bottom