• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

DeathJr said:
OR a confused boy?

..seriously?

edit: As much as I don't like the gameplay elements of Hard Reset, the lighting is amazing (from the hd thread):
train4r7bbojs.gif

Rezbit

Dat lighting. It really is one of the most improved areas of graphics this generation, IMO. When you get to the Metro underground in BF3 and you see rockets wizzing up and down...so good.

Ydahs

Gaming journalism has a contender:
TWITTER is rife with rumour that St Kilda ace Brendon Goddard has switched clubs after his profile emerged on the Carlton website.

The site lists Goddard as No.18 in its player profiles complete with bio and player stats but no image.

The webpage is thought to be a fake as contracted or uncontracted players can only switch clubs through the official trade period which starts today, or the national or pre-season drafts.
This is the link to Goddard's profile on the Carlton website

But with a bit of URL manipulation we can get this.

But, somehow, this deserves an article :/

... don't go goddard :(

its annoying being productive at 2:30am.

edit: i write a tiny backloggery-type deal in php that you edit using text files. i shouldve been asleep 2-3 hours ago. gah.

The biggest blob of snot I have ever seen just dislodged itself from my nose. That was cool.

markot said:
And I loved Quattros, but theyre gone now too.....
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
That wasn't cool. :( Love you Quattro.

BOMBA ALERT
Deus Ex: Human Revolution for 360/PS3 for $30!!! Or PC for $25!! What the fuck are you waiting for???

Echoplx

Managed to download RAGE at a steady 1mb/s only took about 6 hours :lol
Choc said:
batman for $40 on PC

worth it?
Check ebay, you can pick up Steam keys from the Nvidia promo for around $30, if you prefer steam/want to avoid GFWL as much as possible.

Bernbaum

So the office TA who had a bikini figure modelling competition on the weekend got a spray tan and is BRIGHT FUCKING ORANGE and doesn't seem to notice.

markot

Banned
3chopl0x said:
Managed to download RAGE at a steady 1mb/s only took about 6 hours :lol

Check ebay, you can pick up Steam keys from the Nvidia promo for around $30, if you prefer steam/want to avoid GFWL as much as possible.
Theres none on Ebay you LIAR.

Well 1 but its a bid now thing.

42.45 on GMG.

Echoplx

Oh, they must have gone up in price. I assumed you meant from GMG or something.

It's hard to say if it's worth it without having played it but fuck logic, GET IT.

markot

Banned
jambo said:
RAMIREZ, HIDE BEHIND THAT CONVENIENTLY PLACED WALL!
I just started playing bulletstorm... and its kinda silly >.> glad I only payed like $10 on sale for it. The mechanics of the game are fun, well the point system, but outside of that its kinda....

Epic shouldnt have been involved, the characters, the voices, its all so 'gearsy'.

jambo

OMG Bulletstorm is probably the most fun I've had in a shooter this year!

"I will kill your dicks!"

A brilliant game from beginning to end with some of the stupidest and funniest writing ever.

Shaneus

Bernbaum said:
So the office TA who had a bikini figure modelling competition on the weekend got a spray tan and is BRIGHT FUCKING ORANGE and doesn't seem to notice.
Pics, stat.

Don't forget to ask her what the working conditions are like at the chocolate factory.

Choc

Banned
3chopl0x said:
Oh, they must have gone up in price. I assumed you meant from GMG or something.

It's hard to say if it's worth it without having played it but fuck logic, GET IT.

since when does this ever matter on Gaf?

Played some Fallout NV DLC on the weekend (Dead Money) - its OK I guess, I think I've nearly finished it. Characters and writing are fantastic, the gameplay not so much. Traps fucking everywhere :(

Also I'm getting old. Our new couch is being delivered today after a 9 week wait and I'm more excited about it than I have been for a game for a long long time.

It is a very awesome couch though, to be fair.

BanShunsaku said:
Also I'm getting old. Our new couch is being delivered today after a 9 week wait and I'm more excited about it than I have been for a game for a long long time.

Gussy up the thread with couch pics, dammit! My decade-old couch, while awesome, is nearing it's end-of-life and I'm looking for new ones.

Actually, I could probably just get new cushions, but where's the fun in that?

Omikron

BanShunsaku said:
Played some Fallout NV DLC on the weekend (Dead Money) - its OK I guess, I think I've nearly finished it. Characters and writing are fantastic, the gameplay not so much. Traps fucking everywhere :(

I was excited for our current couch when that arrived. But when it did, couldn't get it through the front door. Fail.

Thankfully delivery company kindly came back another day and delivered it over the balcony (we are a first floor apartment) for free. :)

BanShunsaku said:
I have all the DLC for New Vegas but haven't touched any of it as I just know in my mind none of it will match the awesomeness that was the Point Lookout DLC for Fallout 3 and I shall be disappointed.

r1chard

Gazunta said:
I've had really good experiences the couple of times I did the trip. Power point in every seat, nice staff and snacks aplenty = me happy as rain for 14 hours
Thanks for the reply. Got some positive V Aus reviews from others as well.

And their PE seats to LA are only $1600 at the moment. Woo. I've dreamed of one day travelling outside of cattle class...

midonnay

oh my.... the tears from the Torygraph.... the bitter tears :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...should-be-ashamed-they-play-like-England.html

Rugby World Cup 2011: Australia should be ashamed – they play like England
Boring, boring Australia. For the previous four years the Wallabies have been prancing about in their green and gold outfits like contestants on Strictly Come Dancing.

But when it came to a match that really mattered, the Aussies played with the ambition and imagination of wombats. Is that all they have got?

All we ever hear from the Australians is: “It’s all about entertainment, baby, and you guys in the northern hemisphere are dull, dull, dull.” Oh, sorry, I’ve just woken up from last night’s bore feast. I do remember Wales and Ireland putting on a thriller in atrocious rain on Saturday night, but Sunday is a blur.

midonnay

legend166 said:
I got a free year of platinum for winning the Swans board tipping comp. Even though it's expired I still get my large icon. Yay!

don't change your avatar.... it'll turn back small (thats what happened to mine :/)

I got conned to pay for 1 yr of gold by those damn server busy messages.

midonnay

jambo said:
Why would you pay to use BigFooty?!

Chief does those server busy messages on purpose I suspect :p

it was so fucking annoying .... like every second click... eventually the psychological warfare broke down my brain and I was like "take my money" ;_;

but that was a few years ago. There is basically not much benefit outside of a little tag, big avatars and a secret forum noone uses.

jambo

So you can get shit faster, have a better avatar on the shit, get a tag on the shit and get a secret forum of shit?

I'm still not getting it.

legend166

Speaking of buying things:

I bought a new suit yesterday. Jeff Banks, dark navy pinstripes. It originally cost $600, reduced to $400. Then, because my mum is a Myer One member, we get an extra 20% because of some promotion.

So it's $320! Wheeee.

Bernbaum

legend166 said:
Speaking of buying things:

I bought a new suit yesterday. Jeff Banks, dark navy pinstripes. It originally cost $600, reduced to $400. Then, because my mum is a Myer One member, we get an extra 20% because of some promotion.

So it's $320! Wheeee.
Our very own Kanye West in the making.

jambo

I feel like buying another suit soon, I got some great suit pants recently, but it's not the same as getting a full suit.

Also lol @ "my mum is a Myer One member" :lol

Top Bottom