• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Fredescu

Gazunta said:
Agyar: She misses calls, drops calls, and suffers not being able to make calls like crazy. I never use the phone part so can't say if it's her phone or the network. I'm thinking of moving to Telstra just to be sure.
That's what it's like using Optus in my house, no matter the handset.

Gazunta said:
Clive: It depends entirely on what Telstra set their 4S prices at and who can get me my phones the quickest.

Agyar: She misses calls, drops calls, and suffers not being able to make calls like crazy. I never use the phone part so can't say if it's her phone or the network. I'm thinking of moving to Telstra just to be sure.

Damn, you guys have been super helpful today, thanks a lot.
She must be on vodafone.

Agyar

Gazunta said:
Clive: It depends entirely on what Telstra set their 4S prices at and who can get me my phones the quickest.

Damn, you guys have been super helpful today, thanks a lot.

Sounds like Optus to me! I used to have heaps of similar issues on Virgin and Telstra is far superior. I will never go back.

jambo

I'm definitely moving to Telstra next year, really bad problems since I moved house. It's really annoying as well, because before I moved I normally had great reception and no issues =[

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I've got shitty issues with telstra at the moment or i'm just going deaf. I never hear the phone ring or feel it vibrate but i always hear the text message notification to say i've got a new message at message bank. I haven't figured out what's causing it, Maybe the 3GS is just getting old.

I cleaned up some of my music last night, That was fun. Anything that was an EP or live i just deleted, well most of it. I need to get back into tagging everything correctly and finding good high quality covers for every album.

It must be neat and pretty dammit!

App of the year - http://www.news.com.au/technology/s...-a-little-frisky/story-fn6vihic-1226163130279 let's just hope my parents don't use it or something!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
They have a job for a community manager intern.... would have to move though :/

Bernbaum

LOL Halfbrick doing it wrong. You're supposed to close studios and fire people, not open new ones and hire people.

Way to turn the Australian development industry on its head, silly Halfbrick.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
All this dating app has given me is clearly desperate guys with half naked shots and ugly women.

*deletes*

I can be a community manager intern. Rage and people all day and tell them they are fucking idiots. Should be easy.

VOOK

Bernbaum said:
Away from Perth? YOU POOR THING.

Perth is nice

Some idiot went and got himself a mortgage didn't he! :(

evlcookie said:
All this dating app has given me is clearly desperate guys with half naked shots and ugly women.

*deletes*

I can be a community manager intern. Rage and people all day and tell them they are fucking idiots. Should be easy.

I've been doing it for 11 years. (not really, the 11 years part is real though)

Omikron

evlcookie said:

*deletes*

You moderate Andrew Bolt's blog?

CryptiK

Choc said:
how did they not notice it was broken before you got there? :|

also OWorks is owned by harveys
Thats right how the fuck did they not. Do they not check these things

also wtf where did you get the officeworks is owned by Harveys from LOL its wesfarmers

Fredescu

Bernbaum said:
Way to turn the Australian development industry on its head, silly Halfbrick.
Also by opening in Sydney before than Melbourne. I'm super interested to know where in Sydney they're going to be since the CBD is so expensive. If I were to guess, I'd say North Ryde or Chatswood. If I was opening a studio I'd probably consider Parramatta.

Choc

Banned
two apple fanbois already lining up apple george st

294834_10150856583730710_744845709_21315448_509633201_n.jpg

Choc

Banned
Fredescu said:
Also by opening in Sydney before than Melbourne. I'm super interested to know where in Sydney they're going to be since the CBD is so expensive. If I were to guess, I'd say North Ryde or Chatswood. If I was opening a studio I'd probably consider Parramatta.

Norwest imo

or Olympic Park

edit: Scratch that, the old Team Bondi suite.

Perfect size for them

Deeku

Fredescu said:
I reckon Surry Hills or that surrounding area would be a hip place to set up shop.

Fredescu

Choc said:
Norwest imo

or Olympic Park
I don't think they're the best choices if you're going after artistic talent.

commanderdeek said:
I reckon Surry Hills or that surrounding area would be a hip place to set up shop.
Scratch my North Ryde/Chatswood predictions, I reckon it's this or somewhere in the inner west.

Yagharek

How can people line up for a week? Don't they have jobs or uni to go to? Or is their career description 'full time social media narcissist'?

Salazar

DeathJr said:
Gotta love gold 104.3 fm. They play only the most awesome music, all day.

Listened to 92.5 Gold FM this morning when I was grabbing some milk.

Wanted to punch someone.

"Let's all of us go on strike. Yeah, everyone. For no reason at all.

*laughter*

Let's just tell the boss to get stuffed. Tell the boss to get stuffed Day.

*harder laughter*

Qantas staff are going on strike AGAIN. Their list of demands includes VELOUR SEATS for cabin crew

*hysterical laughter*

And that the fasten seatbelt alarm makes a - circus clown horn plays - sound !

*someone is wetting themselves laughing*"

RandomVince said:
WP7 has a great UI. Ive only used limited bits of android and iOS, but wp7 to me feels a hell of a lot more intuitive. Even along the lines of sony's xmb, though not as "logical".

But I dont jump in for all the smartphone app type crap so I cant comment on whether it stands up to the other phones well in that regard.

About the only app Ive downloaded is the ESPN live scores one for EPL and cricket.
WP7 UI is amazing. When I was shopping around for a smartphone Android and iOS felt super dated. Like I was using a UI from the mid 90s. Metro on the other hand is awesome.

That said there aren't heaps of apps. Well there are now, but when I got it it was a bit bare.

That ESPN app is awesome though isn't it Vince? If anyone is an NRL fan the NRL Insight app is good, there is an AFL Insight app too, I assume its the same.
The NY Times app rocks, although you have to pay for access if you use it enough.

Has anyone got the Mango upgrade yet? I'm still waiting. Taking forever. I needs my twitter intergration

Bernbaum

EVERYTHING ABOUT EB WORLD IS TAILOR MADE FOR MORONS.

Jesus fucking shit what a joke.

Upgrade your level with carrots to get them to hold onto pre-orders for longer? What in the shit?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Jambo isn't in that picture, neither of them have hair.

Fappen, Theres a teaser for the new cynic ep, sounds like it's going to be strange hippy shit. Should be good!

Bernbaum said:

Upgrade your level with carrots to get them to hold onto pre-orders for longer? What in the shit?

What???

evlcookie said:
Fappen, Theres a teaser for the new cynic ep, sounds like it's going to be strange hippy shit. Should be good!

Interesting! Keen to hear it now.

Deeku

Bernbaum said:

I like how it's using the free to play business model we see in some games.

jambo

Bernbaum said:

I signed up to have a look at it, and they want shit like address details, mobile numbers, email addresses, full name, etc

Crazy!

VOOK

Bernbaum said:

It's weird, it looks like it's just stolen off Gamestop, the secure certificate is from them. The website has changed to some off the shelve eCommerce solution. Weird.

Bernbaum

From ButtsButtsButts.com:

ButtsButtsButts said:
Meet Buck
If you think all bunnies are cute, sweet and innocent – think again! Meet Buck, the loudmouth, cheeky bunny who is the hero of EB World. Just like you, Buck lives for game play. When he's not hopping round the upper levels of his fave RPG, he's fragging mobs, dodging damage and generally leaving a trail of epic pwnage in his wake.

Sounds RADICAL!

poochy_1.gif

Yagharek

FallbackPants said:
WP7 UI is amazing. When I was shopping around for a smartphone Android and iOS felt super dated. Like I was using a UI from the mid 90s. Metro on the other hand is awesome.

That said there aren't heaps of apps. Well there are now, but when I got it it was a bit bare.

That ESPN app is awesome though isn't it Vince? If anyone is an NRL fan the NRL Insight app is good, there is an AFL Insight app too, I assume its the same.
The NY Times app rocks, although you have to pay for access if you use it enough.

Has anyone got the Mango upgrade yet? I'm still waiting. Taking forever. I needs my twitter intergration

ESPN app is great as it lets me get the live commentary on epl games. I don't have foxtel, so its a decent substitute for a lack of live broadcasts.

I am annoyed there is no way to stream live sports footage on the phone, but I suspect the reality of doing that might be a few years away.

Salazar said:
Listened to 92.5 Gold FM this morning when I was grabbing some milk.

Wanted to punch someone.

"Let's all of us go on strike. Yeah, everyone. For no reason at all.

*laughter*

Let's just tell the boss to get stuffed. Tell the boss to get stuffed Day.

*harder laughter*

Qantas staff are going on strike AGAIN. Their list of demands includes VELOUR SEATS for cabin crew

*hysterical laughter*

And that the fasten seatbelt alarm makes a - circus clown horn plays - sound !

*someone is wetting themselves laughing*"
I don't know what 92.5 plays, but 104.3 only plays classic rock from the 70's and 80's.

Salazar

Got more questions?
If you want more in-depth info about EB World, feel free to have a chat in-store with any of the awesome EB Games crew. However if reading is more your thing, check out the FAQ's. We also have all that boring legal stuff they made us include, here.

I confess to being taken aback by how cool EB appear to be.

Top Bottom