• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
shanshan310 said:
Woah, you think so? I was under the impression this was going to be a one off kinda thing. I guess the other option would be to go to a Korean/ Japanese concert, but I'm sure the tickets would be hard to get..

You kids should hang out in steam chat and watch the 30 minutes of Kpop before the GSL every night... (and watch the GSL)

Salazar

And yeah, the ticket situation for shows tends to be monopolised (to an obsessive and greedy degree) by fanclubs. It's not so much that there aren't many of them; it's just that the market for them is populated by misanthropes.

jambo said:
My mother is a Saint!
I guess I have to take you at your word, Number 2.

Salazar said:
An SM Town is reportedly a pretty good bet.
Is That like FM Towns? Loved that little thing. Best release of Secret of Monkey Island ever!

Shaneus said:
Edit: You shit cunt. I want my copy of Lego Star Wars back.
I bought it fair and square! You can have the router back if you want! ;)

RandomVince said:
What Id love to see them offer is a trade in deal for all the useless Ltd Edn crap that publishers release. I need to get rid of my cat hat.
I WILL BUY YOUR CAT HAT DEAR SIR.

jambo said:
I'm tempted to grab RAGE from JBs for $69, will save a lot of time not having to download all them gigs.:lol
jambo said:
So I caved, bought RAGE at EB for $69.
fffffffffffffffffff struggling so bad to hold off on buying it. Want to wait until I get the new PC up and running before cracking it open. Looks so tasty though. Want to feel that meaty shotgun again. :(

jambo said:
What is the bet that current EDGE members don't get the fucking upgrade.

Might try out Bored To Death now it is in its 3rd season.

DeathJr said:
Anybody watched House? He was wearing the same green black nike sneakers that I have.
Oh dude, House is like so hip. He is like the cool dad everybody wants.
I dislike that show. The chick is hot though.

Deeku

Salazar said:
And yeah, the ticket situation for shows tends to be monopolised (to an obsessive and greedy degree) by fanclubs. It's not so much that there aren't many of them; it's just that the market for them is populated by misanthropes.
I wish they would make those fanclubs international. Apart from first access to concert tickets and special shows, the fanclubs for the artists I like have some pretty cool stuff that they send to people. I assume the ones in Korea operate the same way.

HolyCheck

DeathJr said:
Anybody watched House? He was wearing the same green black nike sneakers that I have.

Watched the first ep just last night, completly forgot it was out.

Loved it, I love house in foreign environment, will watch the 2nd ep after GSL

Yagharek

reptilescorpio said:
I WILL BUY YOUR CAT HAT DEAR SIR.

ORLY?

It may take a bit of wrangling around, as its currently in Hobart (I'm in Geraldton, living in Perth). I do have a cheap way of getting it to Perth, but IIRC youre in melbourne?

Where are you? Shipping may be a bitch but if youre really interested, let me know :)

RandomVince said:
ORLY?

It may take a bit of wrangling around, as its currently in Hobart (I'm in Geraldton, living in Perth). I do have a cheap way of getting it to Perth, but IIRC youre in melbourne?

Where are you? Shipping may be a bitch but if youre really interested, let me know :)
Depends on the hat and the size of the cat (in this case a child that has for some silly reason been left in my care). What plays can be acted out in my loungeroom!

Coeliacus

HolyCheck said:
Hey MELBOURNE GAF.

WHO WANTS TO DO SHIT TOGETHER.

WE CAN DRINK ALCOHOL.

WE CAN EAT FOOD.

WE CAN DO IT EARLY IN THE DAY LIKE 3PM SO THAT THOSE THAT LIVE FAR AWAY CAN STILL JOIN

WHOS KEEN.

our numbers are already at two! TWO! thats one more than one!

This thread moves way too fast for this sort of thing to happen. Perhaps a new thread would be better for a meetup. I think there has been 20 (normal setting) pages posted between now and this post.

I'm up any night in the next seven days except for Thursday and Friday (unless you all want to come along to the Everlyn with me on Friday). I like food and alcohol. Win.

HolyCheck

DeathJr said:
So not only does Gaf not play games, they watch others play?

Yes because these people are god like.

Coeliacus said:
This thread moves way too fast for this sort of thing to happen. Perhaps a new thread would be better for a meetup. I think there has been 20 (normal setting) pages posted between now and this post.

I'm up any night in the next seven days except for Thursday and Friday (unless you all want to come along to the Everlyn with me on Friday). I like food and alcohol. Win.

Yeah but then the issue is we get lurkers >_>

Just need to bump it every day i guess.. gaz how did you do bris so well??

DeathJr said:
Holycheck, I might be working in Fitzroy next month. You'll get a drinking partner :D

excellent, you will be here when i'm at work. unless you work odd hours.. then oh lord

Salazar said:

>=( Isn't there some sort of restriction on the number of tickets one can buy? There should be...
A couple of my friends were talking about how they were in a club raffle for Arashi tickets. Makes sense now.

Rahk

reptilescorpio said:
Might try out Bored To Death now it is in its 3rd season.

Oh dude, House is like so hip. He is like the cool dad everybody wants.
I dislike that show. The chick is hot though.
Bored To Death is awesome. I need to get around to watching season 2.

Dead Man

Shaneus said:
I think I'm going to start listening to some Jamiroquai. Where's the best place to start, AusGAF?
Synkronized or A Funk Odyssey are probably my favourite albums, any track off those should be on youtube these days. Tracks like Supersonic, Canned Heat, and Feel So Good are great places to start.

HolyCheck

Dead Man said:
Synkronized or A Funk Odyssey are probably my favourite albums, any track off those should be on youtube these days. Tracks like Supersonic, Canned Heat, and Feel So Good are great places to start.

y u miss the best album o_O

Dead Man

HolyCheck said:
y u miss the best album o_O
Travelling Without Moving is great, but I think it is less immediately perfect than the two I mentioned. As an intro I don't think it is as good as the others. Sorry.

Shaneus

Yeah, I haven't *not* heard any J before but I'm struggling to find a happy medium between my usual dance/electronic/house music (which can sometimes make me edgy) and classical (which is great for it's intended purpose... FM4, but puts me to sleep otherwise). Something that I could still rock out to but was never aggressive or in your face.

Having a look at track listings, I think Funk Odyssey will be the first port of call. I used to listen to Love Foolosophy non-stop for yonks.

Fake edit: Fuck, just saw the track listing for TWM and that looks awesome too. So much for starting off small :/

Shaneus

viciouskillersquirrel said:
TWM has Virtual Insanity. That makes it required reading.
It was your fault (as it was mentioned in your thread) that sparked this in the first place. Bastard.

Thank you.

Jintor

BTW shan watching you dance around everybody telling you to whale on your brother in the assumption that you are a grown-ass man in the thread in offtopic is amusing

HolyCheck

Jintor said:
BTW shan watching you dance around everybody telling you to whale on your brother in the assumption that you are a grown-ass man in the thread in offtopic is amusing

I had so much lols

I don't get why GAF has so many knuckle-dragging troglodytes. I notice that every one of them is American, too. Beating up a 13 year old isn't going to do anything, even if you were 190cm tall, weighed 130kg and were built like a solid tower of man, hitting a 13 year old is only going to lead to the kid planning their revenge and getting bigger.

I don't know what you're supposed to do apart from dragging him to a psychologist kicking and screaming, but bruised ribs wouldn't be the answer even if that were an option.

Jintor

I'm lucky in that my brother, while a lot sportier and slightly more crazy than me, is still relatively well adjusted.

Best of luck Shanshan

Deeku

Yeah, I don't really know what you could do other than a psychologist. Kicking walls in holes is pretty crazy. Really bummed out about the situation you're in shan. Hope everything works out well soon!

Edit:

Errr, I mean holes in walls!

Salazar

commanderdeek said:
Yeah, I don't really know what you could do other than a psychologist. Kicking walls in holes is pretty crazy. Really bummed out about the situation you're in shan. Hope everything works out well soon!

My only hole in wall experience is when one flatmate out-wrassled another for a box of country cheese biscuits and bolted up the stairs into his room. Defeated flatmate stalked into the next room and put a fist through the wall.

This was after a night at the pub.

hamchan

Heh, when I was younger my parents banned me from playing games until the weekend and I could only play when all my homework was done. Pretty darn effective I must say since the method got me into a decent high school and University lol.

Thanks for the support guys. ^^ I have a feeling if I talk to him he might listen more than he listens to my parents, so we'll see how that goes.

On another note, I've noticed a lot of American gaffers seem to be more violent: pro guns and death penalty and violence as a way of getting things done etc.

hamchan

shanshan310 said:
Thanks for the support guys. ^^ I have a feeling if I talk to him he might listen more than he listens to my parents, so we'll see how that goes.

If that fails your parents might need to send him to boot camp or make him join the cadets, something to get some discipline into him. Or use the above homework bribery my parents used above ^_^. Eventually he should get tired and accept the fact he needs to do his work in order to play his video games. Also your Dad seriously needs to not be afraid to punish him. All this needs to be done quickly before he reaches adult size, then his temper becomes truly scary!

HolyCheck

hamchan said:
If that fails your parents might need to send him to boot camp or make him join the cadets, something to get some discipline into him. Or use the above homework bribery my parents used above ^_^. Eventually he should get tired and accept the fact he needs to do his work in order to play his video games. Also your Dad seriously needs to not be afraid to punish him. All this needs to be done quickly before he reaches adult size, then his temper becomes truly scary!

I get the feeling you were a good kid though Ham.. so that was ofcourse going to work because you respected your parents rules instead of sneaking out and binge drinking under a bridge by the river torrens...

It is a massive problem to have to deal with because there are so many different factors involved. Basically your parents have to work out a way to shape his behaviour in a less anti-social way but it is always going to be tough. Something will get through to him hopefully though. Keep trying.

Top Bottom