• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

RandomVince said:
ESPN app is great as it lets me get the live commentary on epl games. I don't have foxtel, so its a decent substitute for a lack of live broadcasts.

I am annoyed there is no way to stream live sports footage on the phone, but I suspect the reality of doing that might be a few years away.
I used to stream ipl last year on my phone when it was on YouTube.

Deeku

I hope I don't need to get anything from EB in the near future. The thought of a guy trying to convince me to buy disc protection and join a program to earn carrots is terrifying.

Bernbaum

Salazar said:
I confess to being taken aback by how cool EB appear to be.
"Sick of playing last month's game? What, are you GAY? Want something more gnarly? At ButtButtsButts™, we've got your back, brah. Simply trade in that totally not rad used game for this sick carrot with your next console cover-based shooter. Bitches love carrots. The cake might be a lie, but our INSANELY INFLATED PRICES sure as shit aren't."

homophobic remark to be read in context, people

Salazar

Needs a carrot exclusion list. Not every carrot is the same.

Also:

v4n7.gif

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
VOOK said:
It's weird, it looks like it's just stolen off Gamestop, the secure certificate is from them. The website has changed to some off the shelve eCommerce solution. Weird.
EB == GameStop?

Deeku

I kinda want to see some smart ass youtube guy go into an EB with a massive bucket of carrots, pour them onto the counter and ask for a level up.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jintor said:
They're owned by GameStop, I think.

They're basically just licensing the brand.

But makes no sense technologically wise why and Australian company would be using an American SSL cert.

Fredescu

VOOK said:
But makes no sense technologically wise why and Australian company would be using an American SSL cert.
Looking at the cert, Gamestop have their own Enterprise PKI, so one cert for EB AU isn't going to cost them anything.

Yagharek

Jintor said:
They're owned by GameStop, I think.

They were the same company I think, but when GS bought out EB in the US, EB here kept the name since GS had no presence in Australia. No need to rebrand was seen from what I understand. I think they are still the same company, evidenced by their gameinformer and now SSL certificate links to GS USA.

I'm going to take in a bag of potatos next time I'm asked to trade and save.

VOOK

Fredescu said:
Looking at the cert, Gamestop have their own Enterprise PKI, so one cert for EB AU isn't going to cost them anything.

Fair enough.

Yagharek

Poor vicious killer squirrel.

Puts in an effort in the OT about songs for archival, asks people to explain themselves, and instead everyone does a hit and run post with no text other than title + artist.

I swear, people must be unable to hold a thought in their heads for more than 5 seconds these days.

RandomVince said:
Poor vicious killer squirrel.

Puts in an effort in the OT about songs for archival, asks people to explain themselves, and instead everyone does a hit and run post with no text other than title + artist.

I swear, people must be unable to hold a thought in their heads for more than 5 seconds these days.
The worst ones are the ones that just post broken Youtube links :(

Yagharek

viciouskillersquirrel said:
The worst ones are the ones that just post broken Youtube links :(

I havent clicked on any of them, due to shaped hotel interwebs, but thats just facepalm worthy.

I'm also mildly shocked that I had someone agree with me on Blue Oyster Cult.

RandomVince said:
I havent clicked on any of them, due to shaped hotel interwebs, but thats just facepalm worthy.

I'm also mildly shocked that I had someone agree with me on Blue Oyster Cult.
It's a not-so-stealthy music recommendation thread (hopefully without the pretentious posts that consist of nothing but album art), in truth, so I've been youtubing various nominations.

Are Blue Oyster Cult from the 80s?

Yagharek

It's a not-so-stealthy music recommendation thread (hopefully without the pretentious posts that consist of nothing but album art), in truth, so I've been youtubing various nominations.

I dont actually know.

Fake edit: just wikid it, seems they started in 1967!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Öyster_Cult

Theyve been around a while it seems, so I mightve just been going on what I suspected. Now it turns out I have more albums to hunt down.

Dead Man

Blue Oyster Cult are from the future. Where everyone is awesome all the time.

I'm not into Pokemon.

I actually didn't know about BOC, I heard the cover song by HIM and that made me listen to the original song. I still like HIM's version better.

Shaneus said:
I used to get Blue Oyster Cult confused with Blue Man Group. True story.

Tobias Fumke? LMAO.

Yagharek

I'd also add Rainbow to the mix. I only discovered them last year courtesy of Dream Theater doing a cover of Stargazer.

It's the kind of music that Brutal Legend must have been inspired by.

VOOK

After writing up about EB story I had a look around the EB Games Aus Twitter and Facebook, wow yeah... no wonder they're still in business.

Salazar

shanshan310 said:
On a slightly related note, I have an exam 2 days after the K-pop festival, to go or not to go?

I would go, but I am likely to have university things to do, and the likelihood of them putting on something with SNSD next year as well is actually substantial.

Salazar said:
I would go, but I am likely to have university things to do, and the likelihood of them putting on something with SNSD next year as well is actually substantial.

Woah, you think so? I was under the impression this was going to be a one off kinda thing. I guess the other option would be to go to a Korean/ Japanese concert, but I'm sure the tickets would be hard to get..

Salazar

shanshan310 said:
Woah, you think so?

An SM Town is reportedly a pretty good bet. I would have made a stronger effort to pull free from the quicksand of papers and seminars if it were not a probability.

I don't doubt that they are, to an extent, waiting and seeing how this goes.

Top Bottom