• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Shaneus

Rezbit said:
I've been listening to this Skrillex Syndicate song waaaay too much. I'm not even a dubstep fan!
Know what's awesome in a similar sort of vein? This. Actually, it's one or two things removed from that song you posted, but it's still fuck awesome. Will probably make you want to punch the shit out of something, though. Angry robots.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Rezbit said:
I've been listening to this Skrillex Syndicate song waaaay too much. I'm not even a dubstep fan!

I've been listening to this eminem song waaaay too much. I'm not even a jazz fan!

Rezbit

:lol Check. That song was pretty awesome Shaneus. I can see why people like that sort of music though, it does make you get up and about.

Which reminds me, I heard this on The Doctor's show on Triple J today, if any of you are old fogeys like me you might remember it. Paul Mac's original group: Itch-E and Scratch-E. Nevermind the crappy video!

Gazunta

Honestly 95% of my GAF time now is spent in this thread. Maybe if there's a comics thread I'm interested in I'll spend time in the but really this is it for GAF for me.

Someone make a web comics thread I can spend time in. I'm going to sleep..

Choc

Banned
tv shows produced in New Zealand are amazing

have you guys seen go girls? its crazy

and of course outrageous fortune

reptilescorpio said:
Captain America movie is both horrible and enthralling.
Correctamundo.

Rezbit said:

I wouldnt call it dubstep. It's called breakdownrandomscreamingthedropyoutubecupgirlanotherdrop.

Dead Man said:
I know. I am not a huge fan, but find myself drawn to future music in part because of Skrillex :?

Could be worse. You could be attracted to it because of Jessie J. "its not about the Monay monay monayyyy"

holycheck said:
I've been listening to this eminem song waaaay too much. I'm not even a jazz fan!

Hahahah you're a dick. :)

Shaneus

Rezbit said:
:lol Check. That song was pretty awesome Shaneus. I can see why people like that sort of music though, it does make you get up and about.

Which reminds me, I heard this on The Doctor's show on Triple J today, if any of you are old fogeys like me you might remember it. Paul Mac's original group: Itch-E and Scratch-E. Nevermind the crappy video!
They played that today? Wow. JJJ doing awesome stuff.

PS. I have that song permanently on my iPhone (and iPod before that). First song to with a dance music ARIA, donchaknow. Their acceptance speech caused a great uproar when the third "member" of I&S thanked the E dealers of Sydney.

Gazunta said:
Honestly 95% of my GAF time now is spent in this thread. Maybe if there's a comics thread I'm interested in I'll spend time in the but really this is it for GAF for me.

Someone make a web comics thread I can spend time in. I'm going to sleep..
Pretty much the same here. I hang about in the Forza threads as well, but that's about the extent of it.

Dead Man said:
LOL, a bit different, but still a sweet track.

First Of The Year (Equinox) - Skrillex

On repeat. All day.
On principle, I hate Skrillex. He has a face that's just made for punching.

Choc

Banned
Siri is clearly destined to never be used properly :p

tumblr_lt1hfxZ9PU1r4eoiuo1_250.png

tumblr_lt1kahpl6e1r4eoiuo1_250.jpg

Rezbit

Shaneus said:
They played that today? Wow. JJJ doing awesome stuff.

PS. I have that song permanently on my iPhone (and iPod before that). First song to with a dance music ARIA, donchaknow. Their acceptance speech caused a great uproar when the third "member" of I&S thanked the E dealers of Sydney.

Lol yeah, Lindsay said "I saw Paul Mac walking down the street in Penrith today and thought 'Oh yeah, Itch-E and Scratch-E!'" He's probably the best part of JJJ tbh.

Gaz said:
Honestly 95% of my GAF time now is spent in this thread.

ME THREE

I dislike the skrillexes and deadmouses and such. Some people have labelled them brostep to distinguish them from cool dubstep like Burial and ive come to like the label even thiugh its a bit elitist.

I prefer pantystepthough lol

pan·ty·step [pan-tee-step] –noun

1. music that makes girls dance around in their underwear.

Salazar

Dead Man said:
He looks like Corey Feldman

It took about a second for me to reach back into my brain and fit a face to that name.

It took a split-second for me to feel shame about it only taking a second.

Shaneus said:
Fun Fact: Skrillex is Sonny Moore who was the vocalist for From First To Last before he left to make acoustic emo music on MySpace. When that hit a snag he spent more time on his side project as a remixer/dj and bam, out comes some fun glitch techno. Right time, right place. He has gotten a lot better on his recent releases.
2004 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gsO73EwY5g&feature=fvwrel
2009 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA98SU7Qe4A&feature=related
2011 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65OjZLnnhhE&feature=related
Another Fun Fact: is that during the recording and promotion of the second From First To Last album Wes Borland played bass for them.

Rezbit said:
Surely Burial is not really dubstep though, maybe just...ambientstep? Lol.
Honestly Burial was the first artist I remember being referred to as Dubstep. I think of Dubstep as being ambient, almost dancy music that is focused on the rhythm of the drums.

I want a 24 hour marathon of slapping the bass on triple j. Surely if they can have a Sam Simmons marathon they can have this.

Slap bass > Sam Simmons

commanderdeek said:
Which reminds me, I need to pickup that King of Limbs Remix cd.
It was up on soundcloud or something or other streaming for free but I didn't listen to it. :/
I think I was put off by it being heappssss long. Double album n shiz

HolyCheck

roosters93 said:
I want a 24 hour marathon of slapping the bass on triple j. Surely if they can have a Sam Simmons marathon they can have this.

Slap bass > Sam Simmons

slap bass friday was aweosme.

Darklord

Banned
DeathJr said:
I told you earlier, if you're in Melbourne go pick it up from Dungeon Crawl.

Lier! I went there today. They had none in stock because they imported region locked version and had to send them all back. How does a store that imports game make a screw up like that?

Deeku

roosters93 said:
It was up on soundcloud or something or other streaming for free but I didn't listen to it. :/
I think I was put off by it being heappssss long. Double album n shiz
19 tracks! A lot of them are kinda crap too but whatever, RADIOHEAD!

hamchan

So after a year+ of reading this book on and off, I've only reached the half way point in book 4 of the Dark Tower. This book just feels so damn slow after the first 3 books, which had quite a bit of action I think.

Choc

Banned
uh, yeah that batman game!

Game Informer – 10
Official PlayStation Magazine Australia – 10 [Print]
Eurogamer – 9
ShopTo – Outstanding
Destructoid – 8.5
GiantBomb – 5/5
OXM UK – 9
Videogamer – 10
GameSpot – 9
Kotaku – N/A
The Telegraph – 5/5
G4 – 5/5
Eurogamer.de – 9
IGN – 9.5
Joystiq – 4.5/5
CVG – 9.5
GamersNet – 9.5
PlayFront – 9.5
GameTrailers – 9.3
***** – 96%
IncGamers – 9
Digital Spy – 5/5
GamesVillage.it – 9.7
1UP – A
NowGamer – 9.4
Edge – 9

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Rezbit said:

Not really in the same realm, but if you dig that ambient 'future music' stuff I highly recommend the NeoTokyo OST, which has some incredible shit like Imbrium.

Shaneus

Choc said:
uh, yeah that batman game!

Game Informer – 10
Official PlayStation Magazine Australia – 10 [Print]
Eurogamer – 9
ShopTo – Outstanding
Destructoid – 8.5
GiantBomb – 5/5
OXM UK – 9
Videogamer – 10
GameSpot – 9
Kotaku – N/A
The Telegraph – 5/5
G4 – 5/5
Eurogamer.de – 9
IGN – 9.5
Joystiq – 4.5/5
CVG – 9.5
GamersNet – 9.5
PlayFront – 9.5
GameTrailers – 9.3
***** – 96%
IncGamers – 9
Digital Spy – 5/5
GamesVillage.it – 9.7
1UP – A
NowGamer – 9.4
Edge – 9
So, what's it like without the DLC? Actually, will game sites have to institute a new review system where they review the game as if it was used AND new?

Darklord

Banned
zZFLo.jpg

You know, this makes me fucking angry. They're even ruining the posters now. Look at that shit! Just stop! Star Wars posters have always been great even the prequels. But that...I could do that and I suck at photoshop.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Post production 3D is such a scam.

Tntnnbltn

I'm pretty sure I picked my nose at some point after eating my firebreather pizza because now I have chilli up my nose.

Left nostril, to be specific.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
As much as i would like to ditch the iPhone, iOS and iTunes in particular, I am finding it hard to justify spending money on a new phone since I don't really use it.

I always get handed down my old mans handset, So now he is on a 4s and i've got a 4. I will have to see how ICS is and how much the nexus prime is going to be, if it's clearly $$$ then fuck it, I will stick with the iPhone.

A free phone every year is hard to pass up!

Since rage didn't turn up, This weekend is going to be watching SC2 on MLG and tagging my music with artwork.

No wonder why i'm single.

HolyCheck

evlcookie said:
As much as i would like to ditch the iPhone, iOS and iTunes in particular, I am finding it hard to justify spending money on a new phone since I don't really use it.

I always get handed down my old mans handset, So now he is on a 4s and i've got a 4. I will have to see how ICS is and how much the nexus prime is going to be, if it's clearly $$$ then fuck it, I will stick with the iPhone.

A free phone every year is hard to pass up!

Since rage didn't turn up, This weekend is going to be watching SC2 on MLG and tagging my music with artwork.

No wonder why i'm single.

dont forget IEM!

If you guys are using Windows, MediaMonkey is really good at organising and tagging music. You can get it to report albums with naming conventions other than what you want, or any missing tags, or missing cover art.

I was expecting Batman to be a reasonably average followup, with like mid-eighties reviews. Pleasantly surprised it's doing so well. I wanted it to be good but so often that never happens.

Edit: Interesting... Just noticed a UPnP port (3659) opened in my firewall for 'EA Tunnel', despite the BF3 beta being uninstalled and Origin not running.

Shaneus

So, I'm going through that WB thread this morning, and it's funny to see how when those fighting the good fight drifted off to sleep there was some kind of unspoken tag-team and others have picked up the slack. Some truly amazing arguments FOR this kind of treatment going on in there.

someone tell me what officeworks store has that $99 laptop, and then buy one on my behalf. Ankh can you find out who in australia even has it. apparently the entire state of victoria is sold out before it even went on sale.

Top Bottom