• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

jambo

If you want to get in to X-Men, just read 90s Jim Lee X-Men.

Rlan said:
FMF-Brisbane-FI-2.jpg

FATBOY SLIIIIIIIIIM BOUGHT

I'm going to Futures, Stereos and Summadayze. Huge festival season this year!

Rlan

jambo said:
If you want to get in to X-Men, just read 90s Jim Lee X-Men.

I've missed on generally on the music scenes the past few years, could never keep up. Currently have tickets for BDO and Futures. Need to look into Stereos and Summa.

Salazar

Rlan said:
I've missed on generally on the music scenes the past few years, could never keep up. Currently have tickets for BDO and Futures. Need to look into Stereos and Summa.

Last one I went to was a Falls Festival a few years back. For a girl more than for the music.

I can't bear camping though.

Jintor

guidop said:
don't read up on Frank Miller's political views. yikes

Meh, always had that impression

There's only one fellow I want to read esoteric personal views from, and that's Alan Moore.

And Neil Gaiman, obviously.

Gazunta

Ventron said:
No love for Blondie? :(

Yeah, the political views of a lot of comic creators end up going a bit wonky at some point. Don't get me started about Dave Sim. Yeeeeesh.

Great list Bern. Nothing wrong with liking Spawn. When it started it was COOL AS ALL SHIT.

Tintin is required reading. I liked Fables a bit but after a while I just felt like I was missing out on the joke since I didn't read a lot of fairy tales when I was a mini Gazunta. The Ren & Stimpy comics were AMAZING. At some point the artists and writers realised that nobody in Marvel management was reading them so they tried all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff every issue. It was a really nice comic where experimentation with the form was commonplace. The minimalist issue is one of my favourite comics ever.

Archie is great. I'd kill to draw like that.

guidop

Ventron said:
No love for Blondie? :( One of my favourite comic strips alongside Dilbert. Calvin & Hobbes is good too I guess.

Lmao, if they think their primary vote is low now just wait until they try to block a tax repeal from Opposition.

here is the thing, Australia is going to have a ETS even after Tony repels it, another goverment will introduce one. The direct action approach isn't sustainable for 50 years, your pretty much kicking the can down the road and letting the big polluters off.

that one vote is going to grow in aura as time goes on, it is going to be one of Australia's great political stories. The consequences of that single vote are insane

Salazar

Gazunta said:
Don't get me started about Dave Sim. Yeeeeesh.

The amount of weed you need to smoke to create Cerebus is incompatible with sanity, and almost incompatible with life.

But he does seem like a total dick. Eminently punchable.

Deeku

Looks like Play-asia have started the reservation list of Japanese Vitas. They'll probably mark up the price by 50% or something but whatevs.

Anyway, I put an order in just in case.

fisheyes

jambo said:

I would have considered Summadayze in Adelaide if at least one of headliners was actually playing here. So lame. And whats the bet ticket sales will be low because of this and we'll never get it again.

....and that's my one ausGAF post for the thread. See you after I lurk it for another 6 months.

jambo

fisheyes said:
I would have considered Summadayze in Adelaide if at least one of headliners was actually playing here. So lame. And whats the bet ticket sales will be low because of this and we'll never get it again.

tbh I'm just going to see Markus Schulz. Last time he came to Adelaide i was in New York.

fisheyes

Fair enough.

...I have no idea who most of those people are. I assume that if you, a man of impeccable taste, like him, he must be good, though.

Omikron

Ventron said:
Lmao, if they think their primary vote is low now just wait until they try to block a tax repeal from Opposition.
Sounds to me like you have been taking lessons in hypocrisy from Tony Abbott MHR.

Batman is faaaaaaantastic.

Played a couple of hours last night and feel like I have just barely scratched the surface. So much content. As a fan of The Batman, this game couldn't get much better.

For those who bought from JB, has the Robin pack code worked for anyone yet? All others have (Catwoman, Earth One and Animated Series Skin), just the Robin one won't work.

Yes I know, something something project ten dollar something.

Omikron

BanShunsaku said:

I spent more time punching in codes then I did playing the game.
That shit really is becoming ridiculous. Are these purely incentives to buy full price retail? and are they becoming expected by the slobbering masses?

Omi said:
That shit really is becoming ridiculous. Are these purely incentives to buy full price retail? and are they becoming expected by the slobbering masses?

I honestly can't say why they do it, in the case of the JB Robin version it is probably more of a "buy from us not EB or Big W or whatever"

I never expect DLC codes, and I actually find them frustrating because I feel the need to punch them all in before I start playing, which delays the sweet sweet rush of booting up a new game for the first time. But then again, I don't really slobber that much, so there may be other people who expect that sort of thing these days.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Who here has bet Smourgh and Ornstein? Yeah, that's right, I have.

Omi said:
It is an ARG man! You are The Batman. Entering secret codes to unlock the clues to solve the mystery locked away by the horrible DRM criminals!

Rez said:
Who here has bet Smourgh and Ornstein? Yeah, that's right, I have.
Best thing I bet was a pack of "smokes" on the Hottest 100 back in 2006. Got me a keg of beer!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What Twitter app does everyone use on their iPhones?

Twitter doesn't seem to be remembering that I want notifications sent to me when i get a message. As soon as i quit out of the app, it's still running in the background, it has forgotten the settings.

iOS5 is a little bit of a letdown so far in the notifications department.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Maybe it won't let me get notifications since i have twitter on my old phone and iOS? Although i can't find a way to revoke iOS application settings since the page on twitter seems to be about iOS5.

jambo

evlcookie said:

Twitter doesn't seem to be remembering that I want notifications sent to me when i get a message. As soon as i quit out of the app, it's still running in the background, it has forgotten the settings.

Did you log in to Twitter in the Apple Settings app?

evlcookie said:
The official Twitter app on Android is perfect, sends me an email any time some replies to me. Also runs really quick and updates the stream in a timely manner which is nice.

Shaneus

evlcookie said:

Twitterriffic for regular Twitter stuff, Boxcar for notifications (as 'riffic doesn't do them). Both free.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
jambo said:
Did you log in to Twitter in the Apple Settings app?

Yep. I've done it that way.

@reptile. I don't like the email notifications for messages, Just seems a little excessive for me personally.

@shaneus, I've heard of boxcar. Maybe i should look into it.

Staking out JB HIFI, waiting for it to open so I can pick up Batman.
I'm getting in the spirit by watching the staff turn up for work with detective mode on.
The piercings interfere with the X-rays. Also, I think it's giving me cancer.

reptilescorpio said:
The official Twitter app on Android is perfect, sends me an email any time some replies to me. Also runs really quick and updates the stream in a timely manner which is nice.
Check out Tweetdeck. It was a third-party Twitter app but has since been bought out by Twitter, so is now technically 'official'. I much prefer it to the Twitter app (which I haven't used since about 1.0.3 or whatever).

Agyar

evlcookie said:
Maybe it won't let me get notifications since i have twitter on my old phone and iOS? Although i can't find a way to revoke iOS application settings since the page on twitter seems to be about iOS5.
Twitter works perfectly for me in iOS5 and did previously too.

Stackboy

BanShunsaku said:
Batman is faaaaaaantastic.

Played a couple of hours last night and feel like I have just barely scratched the surface. So much content. As a fan of The Batman, this game couldn't get much better.

For those who bought from JB, has the Robin pack code worked for anyone yet? All others have (Catwoman, Earth One and Animated Series Skin), just the Robin one won't work.

Yes I know, something something project ten dollar something.

That's weird, none of my PS3 DLC codes worked. When I went to the online store, there wasn't any catwoman DLC to buy if you bought second hand either. I just assumed it was because the street date was broken.

Top Bottom