• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Deeku

Ok, since Vince reminded me about the motion plus dongle for Zelda, I went and looked at the special bundle again. And you know what, that wiimote kinda looks neat! And the motion plus is built in!

So yeah I might just get the bundle now, it's not that much extra.

Anyway, if anyone needs a dongle, RandomVince will hook you up!

Yagharek

Gazunta said:
Oh, Presitarget.

vaudeville-cat-plays-piano.gif

Fogz

Just walked over to my Harvey Norman and they are offering preorders for Uncharted 3 standard edition for $98

Wait a minute.....!

jambo

RandomVince said:
No idea. It's a 60GB PAL unit, so if they do then it does.

real-time edit: Yes. It has the SACD logo on the side. Never tested it out though.

Deek - pm me the postal details if you like. I'll send it out either friday or mid next week (working all weekend).

IT DOES SACD?!?!

3WoJ7.jpg

BIDDING WAR BEGINS

$201

Deeku

Jintor said:
Oh yeah, best place to preorder that Skyward Sword plz
Only chumps pre-order.

Fogz said:
Just walked over to my Harvey Norman and they are offering preorders for Uncharted 3 standard edition for $98

Wait a minute.....!
Phew, glad I pre-ordered for $78!

Bernbaum

Well if it did break this afternoon I'm just gonna have to hold strong - I have an indoor rock-climbing session tonight.

Tomorrow, however, I weasled myself out of a pretty important VC meeting with our boys in London at 6pm. No way am I gonna get stuck in an after-hours meeting with UC3 sitting on my desk.

Unprofessional, but hey, NATHAN MOTHERFUCKING DRAKES ON A PLANE MOTHERFUCKERS.

jambo

midonnay said:
meh about SACD

high definition audio is abit of a scam anyways :/

I'm kinda joking anyway.

Main reason I'd get an SACD player is for Pink Floyd albums, and all of the surround mixes are being released on Blu-ray at the moment.

Add me to the list of people who have to buy a Motion Plus just for Skyward Sword. May as well get the LE if it comes with a Motion Plus controller for the same price as the dongle.

MrSerrels

Bernbaum said:
Well if it did break this afternoon I'm just gonna have to hold strong - I have an indoor rock-climbing session tonight.

Tomorrow, however, I weasled myself out of a pretty important VC meeting with our boys in London at 6pm. No way am I gonna get stuck in an after-hours meeting with UC3 sitting on my desk.

Unprofessional, but hey, NATHAN MOTHERFUCKING DRAKES ON A PLANE MOTHERFUCKERS.

Didn't know you climbed -- where do you climb?

I'm pretty much obsessed with it.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
MrSerrels said:
Didn't know you climbed -- where do you climb?

I'm pretty much obsessed with it.

Up a wall.

No that where I drive everyone else...

MrSerrels

codswallop said:
Add me to the list of people who have to buy a Motion Plus just for Skyward Sword. May as well get the LE if it comes with a Motion Plus controller for the same price as the dongle.

I have motion plus, but I'll be buggered if I'm playing for 30+ hours with that unweildy attachment. Buying a new controller for the game for sure.

Rahk

evlcookie said:
Rahk - http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/lwmcf/the_mav_and_you_how_to_get_10000_easy_points_a/

Also, One of the release groups cracked BF3 to allow you to play it without origin. I wonder how that works and i'm guessing it's not as strong as say steam drm.
Damn, they shouldn't make this public! I don't want there to start being MAVs every game!

Got the medal last night when we were playing, probably after you left. The dog tag looks pretty sweet too, check it out on my profile. It says I have 400 something kills on the dog tag, but I presume that is how many people have killed my spotted targets. I probably only have like 30 road kills with it, too bad Battlelog doesn't record that.

Rahk

I was waiting for traffic to die down to cross the road, listening to Judge John Hodgman, when out of nowhere I see a noisy miner flying directly for my head. I managed to duck in time, and then it proceeds to swoop me another couple times.

Once I crossed the road and went through the alleyway, I saw another one (or possibly the same one) swooping a turkey. What a little fucker.

Rahk said:
I was waiting for traffic to die down to cross the road, listening to Judge John Hodgman, when out of nowhere I see a noisy miner flying directly for my head. I managed to duck in time, and then it proceeds to swoop me another couple times.

Once I crossed the road and went through the alleyway, I saw another one (or possibly the same one) swooping a turkey. What a little fucker.
Swooping a turkey?

Rahk

Yeah, I've seen at least two turkeys hanging out around my place for some reason. This is near a highway. No idea where they came from.

Salazar

UQ Arts faculty facing the most amazingly bullshit cuts.

The gist of it:

proposal to end all casual teaching contracts for 2012, end guest lectures and no work given to anyone with a PhD.

I'm a little bit speechless. Being debated at a school meeting on Friday. I don't know that I'd be able to muster anything more composed than 'what the fuck, fuck no, fuck off'.

Yoshiya

Arts faculties don't seem to be in the best of health as of late. Are BA enrolments really dropping so precipitously? Research grants dropping off?

Rahk said:
Yeah, I've seen at least two turkeys hanging out around my place for some reason. This is near a highway. No idea where they came from.
That's odd. I grew up on a farm and I've never seen a turkey in my life!

Do they look delicious?

Salazar

Choc said:
way to encourage people to GET phds

It's ridiculous. We are, in a moderately bitter irony, moving into an expensively refurbished Michie building around the end of the year.

Goodwill among postgrads and staff is going to be completely non-existent. God only knows how they are planning to run an adequate course selection if they terminate the casual tutors.

Yoshiya said:
Arts faculties don't seem to be in the best of health as of late. Are BA enrolments really dropping so precipitously? Research grants dropping off?

Enrolments aren't dropping. I don't know why we are so profoundly skint that people could contemplate measures as abysmal as these. Stay tuned for television coverage of Industrial Action Mode Sal.

Just got sent the most depressing email. Would post if I knew the code to make stuff only visible to members.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
midonnay said:
not a site....but jdownloader (download manager program) works great.

you just right-click and copy the link and it'll show up automatically in the program.

Just saw this post now, thank you, will look into it!

Salazar said:
Just got sent the most depressing email. Would post if I knew the code to make stuff only visible to members.

like this

edit: lol nope not like that

I was close. thought it was

it's [email*=yourtexthere][/email] salazar without the * obviously

Choc

Banned
with perth shops closed i am going to declare victory ;)

for once, just for once a game made it

small sales yes, but nothing like what we have been seeing

Yagharek

Choc said:
with perth shops closed i am going to declare victory ;)

for once, just for once a game made it

small sales yes, but nothing like what we have been seeing

Thats what you think.

:p

edit: in reference to salazar, wouldnt most of the problems be the same in all state departments anyway? My wife and I were trying to move back to Tas a few months back, but the employment prospects there have gone down the shitter. I imagine most state govts, even including WA (but probably least of all WA) are going to be undergoing massive budget cuts.

Institutions like universities are going to be much the same I would imagine. But then I say that as someone who went through a physics department that seems to have seen its best days in the 1970s.

Salazar

RandomVince said:
edit: in reference to salazar, wouldnt most of the problems be the same in all state departments anyway?

Arts faculties tend to be fighting with only about a millimetre on their life bar, though. Making major cuts to us means basically shredding us.

Yagharek

Rez said:
Spill it, Vince!

OK, its the Tas health department that seems to be undergoing serious budget cuts. Which is a shame, but its probably due to a number of factors: spending cash in the good times, lack of employment leading to strain on the public system over private, and chronic illnesses related to lifestyle choices (smoking, obesity etc). Tasmania is back to the pre-Jim Bacon dark ages it seems. :(

Salazar said:
Arts faculties tend to be fighting with only about a millimetre on their life bar, though. Making major cuts to us means basically shredding us.

A physics department wouldnt be much different. When I went through, 1st year enrolments were about 50. 2nd year was 12. 3rd and honours year were 8.

The only reason it was held together would have been due to some strong research groups and providing important units for engineering students.

Yagharek

Salazar said:
I will do my best to boost Tassie's tourism income this Christmas.

If you get the chance, go to a place south of Hobart called Kettering. Take the barge across to Bruny Island. Drive down past the neck and take the first left down to adventure bay. Then look out for a right hand turn to a place called The Hot House Cafe. Order the damper sample platter. Enjoy. Thank me later.

Jintor

Okay, what's like a shipping redirection service where I can get stuff shipped to a US address and then international'd on to me.

I don't fucking understand why Amazon can't store my address location data - hell, it does that already - and just straight up tell me "Hey, dude, this shit doesn't ship to where you are" before I end up in the checkout.

Salazar

Jintor said:
Okay, what's like a shipping redirection service where I can get stuff shipped to a US address and then international'd on to me.

I just asked a US-gaffer. WanderingWind is good people.

Top Bottom