• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Ydahs

Wow reptile. I must ask, how long did it take to compose that post?

Also, my brother keeps on telling me Skyrim is available tomorrow. I thought it's releasing next week?

Ydahs

roosters93 said:
So I happen to be up for the GTAV trailer in 23 minutes. Interesting...
Same, though I'm up because of my horrid sleeping pattern, not because of the trailer.

I'm also more interested in the reactions than the trailer itself.

Hmm my sentence wasn't worded very well was it.
Meant I happen to be up, and it's time for the GTA trailer coincidentally.

Looks pretty pretty for a GTA game

Danoss

Agreed. I was quite impressed by the appearance of it. It's very detailed.

While it seems they plan to pack a lot of stuff into this entry in the series, I have no doubt it will still run horribly on PC (when they bother to get around to it). Even if it didn't, I would continue my tradition of doing a whole bunch of missions, getting sick of it and never playing it again.

Ydahs

That actually looks really good, though reactions are underwhelming. Everyone is happy :|

Though why are people happy it's back to San Andreas? Wouldn't people normally want a new location?

Maybe it's about time I get into the GTA series...

Salacious Crumb

Ydahs said:
That actually looks really good, though reactions are underwhelming. Everyone is happy :|

Though why are people happy it's back to San Andreas? Wouldn't people normally want a new location?

Maybe it's about time I get into the GTA series...

It's the same location by name alone. Liberty City in III and Liberty City in IV are completely different.

maladroid

San Andreas was my first GTA. I don't know if it was the variety in locations, or the systems they had in place (in terms of customisability and RPG-like elements), but I really liked it. For me, I don't mind them going back to it. They can save the new location for the next generation of consoles.

SAN ANDREAS HD!!! Looks great, populace look much more alive than in GTA4 and hopefully there will be plenty of time in the countryside too. Looking forward to seeing it re-imagined, even after the disappointment of GTA4 Liberty City (visuals quality aside of course).

Ydahs said:
Wow reptile. I must ask, how long did it take to compose that post?
About 2 hours maximum reading for a days worth of AusGAF posts. Work has been flat out so I don't get a chance to check during the day.

IGN exclusive video: Link on the toilet in Skyward Sword
Hmm. Unprofessional?

RE GTAV trailer...

I liked it. Only watched it once this morning and I was half asleep but I'm pretty sure the voiceover said something about being a dad like other dads or something like that.

The setting of GTA games has never been why I've enjoyed them, it has always been the characters and situations. My prediction for GTAV:

- Dude and his family move to LA for business
- Dude gets fired as a result of GFC
- Dude turns to crime to survive
- Family gets kidnapped and at least one family member is killed
- Dude kills lots of bad guys

I would be pretty happy with that kind of thing. One of the main reasons I enjoyed RDR was the story and the family stuff, such a nice change from previous GTA protagonists who are always single or what have you.

My 2c anyway, other have probably said similar things in the trailer thread but I haven't read it yet.

Omikron

BanShunsaku said:
RE GTAV trailer...

I liked it. Only watched it once this morning and I was half asleep but I'm pretty sure the voiceover said something about being a dad like other dads or something like that.

The setting of GTA games has never been why I've enjoyed them, it has always been the characters and situations. My prediction for GTAV:

I would be pretty happy with that kind of thing. One of the main reasons I enjoyed RDR was the story and the family stuff, such a nice change from previous GTA protagonists who are always single or what have you.

My 2c anyway, other have probably said similar things in the trailer thread but I haven't read it yet.

Game looked pretty nice from the video, nice detail in the environments and such, but I am really suffering GTA burnout ever since Vice City. I just can't get excited over that trailer.

If Harvey Norman haven't called me by lunch time to tell me my copy of Uncharted is ready I'm just going to grab it from JB, no way I am waiting any longer for it.

I need Nathan Drake today dang namit

Omi said:
Game looked pretty nice from the video, nice detail in the environments and such, but I am really suffering GTA burnout ever since Vice City. I just can't get excited over that trailer.

I agree that it isn't the most exciting trailer ever, but it immediately got me thinking about the potential for the great story that could be told.

There could be some sweet Heat inspired stuff, for example.

Echoplx

Just finished Bastion, kinda disappointed. The gameplay was boring and repetitive but the rest of it (art/music/narrator) made up for it mostly.

Guess I was over hyped for it.

Agyar

BanShunsaku said:

The voice over suggests a contradiction to your idea of a straight citizen turning to crime after moving. The references to getting out of a "line of work" and wanting to be a Dad like "all the other Dads" indicate the protagonist is retiring from an unsavoury past and craving the magic of normalcy.

Agyar said:
The voice over suggests a contradiction to your idea of a straight citizen turning to crime after moving. The references to getting out of a "line of work" and wanting to be a Dad like "all the other Dads" indicate the protagonist is retiring from an unsavoury past and craving the magic of normalcy.

Like I said, I watched it once when I was half asleep.

I hope the unsavoury past thing is not the case though, as much as I enjoyed Red Dead Redemption I don't want another "one last job" type story. I would rather it be Breaking Bad type normal guy getting into some heavy shit.

Fredescu

Woah.

VieG5.jpg

Omikron

BanShunsaku said:
I agree that it isn't the most exciting trailer ever, but it immediately got me thinking about the potential for the great story that could be told.

There could be some sweet Heat inspired stuff, for example.

You know what I am most happy about. The fact that it looks like the characters still run like gorillas.

Clipper

According to the tracking website, my Uncharted 3 PS3 bundle is in New Jersey and not moving... Anybody had anything ship by i-parcel before? I really doubt they'd ship from New Jersey to Sydney without scanning the package, but it has happened before with other companies (well, not from New Jersey...). Any indications on typical ship time from these guys?

jambo

Well, Day 1 GTA V for me. That looked phenomenal!

- countryside/farming
- mt chiliad
- los santos
- vinewood
- jets
- dogs
- awesome lighting
- looked like it was the PC version running so fingers crossed
- all over my face

legend166

Agyar said:

They're really doing that again?

"I want to be like all the other Dads! Maybe if I murder thousands of people, I can become one!"

MrSerrels

3chopl0x said:
Just finished Bastion, kinda disappointed. The gameplay was boring and repetitive but the rest of it (art/music/narrator) made up for it mostly.

Guess I was over hyped for it.

My thoughts exactly.

jambo said:
Well, Day 1 GTA V for me. That looked phenomenal!

- countryside/farming
- mt chiliad
- los santos
- vinewood
- jets
- dogs
- awesome lighting
- looked like it was the PC version running so fingers crossed
- all over my face

Agreed. Although I wasn't the biggest San Andreas fan, but this looked pretty solid. Some kind of half way between SA and IV I'd be pretty damn happy with. Although jets were a pain in the arse. Ditch them for more choppers and tanks.

Bernbaum

I hope that GTAV does the same for LA that GTAIV did for New York.

If only so I can pretend I'm at E3, running away from people I think are out to stab me
ie: everyone

jambo

FallbackPants said:
Agreed. Although I wasn't the biggest San Andreas fan, but this looked pretty solid. Some kind of half way between SA and IV I'd be pretty damn happy with. Although jets were a pain in the arse. Ditch them for more choppers and tanks.

Jets and planes were amazing in SA, you just had to get the hang of them. I spent so many hours just cruising around between airports.

Rahk

Yeah, the GTAV trailer looked like it was running on PC. Is this how the trailers have always appeared?

If only they would do PC lead platform...

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
It's been done.
rick_dangerous_02.gif
Rick fucking Dangerous. Brofist++

(Only played it on PC in EGA though, but still. It was pretty awesome. Poking things was fun!)

Consider me impressed with the GTA5 trailer, too. Thing I'm most happy with is the human-like movement of the characters now. Actually looks realistic!

Bernbaum

Picked up my copy of Uncharted 3 from HN - yup, the LE had $78 printed right on it, so people worried they weren't going to honour the advertised price can rest easy.

They had 20 pre-orders for the LE, but only 5 copies in stock, of which one had my name printed on a sticker.

Perhaps pre-orders > stock and that's why I got a phone call yesterday and others wouldn't have.

Top Bottom