• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

HolyCheck said:
So what is the uncharted series? is it just Tomb Raider with a male?

It's a third person shooter with some light Indiana Jones trappings. Don't expect any major adventuring, it's absolutely a shooter first and foremost despite how it (and the fans) might present itself.

Looks pretty, though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
All this uncharted talk. Where the heck do i buy it from? I don't think there's anyone locally near me, Unless i hit up big w / eb on the way home, If i can catch the early bus.

legend166

Shaneus said:
Finally, being Australian finally pays off:

CSpnv.png

That's like, a month and a half before the US gets it! Wooo R4!

Still, we get the BR around the same time (just before Christmas, surprise surprise) but this is pretty kickass. Means we get commentary/extras before the rest of the world.

How many eps is on that thing?

I didn't particularly love the new episodes, but I'll get this. Mainly for the commentaries.

Also are you sure you don't mean volume 6?

According to Amazon volume 5 has been out for a year.

Bernbaum

midonnay said:
why do you have fossils on your desk? ._.
Because I'm a palaeontologist.

evlcookie said:
All this uncharted talk. Where the heck do i buy it from? I don't think there's anyone locally near me, Unless i hit up big w / eb on the way home, If i can catch the early bus.
The LE isn't a necessary buy, unless you're keen on the multiplayer content. In fact I think I'd prefer the standard edition simply because it would jive better with my copies of UC1 and 2 on my shelf.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bernbaum said:
The LE isn't a necessary buy, unless you're keen on the multiplayer content. In fact I think I'd prefer the standard edition simply because it would jive better with my copies of UC1 and 2 on my shelf.

I think i have the LE for #2 and just the standard for #1. Looks like bigw don't list it online yet so i can't do a stock check at my local.

Ah i'm in no rush i guess. Will pick it up in a few weeks time.

Bernbaum

Uncharted 3 sp aiming issues, hmm...

I assume no-one here can give their take on it. Those at home playing it are probably too involved in the game to be checking on GAF.

I just stuck with the standard version of UC3

I regret paying the extra $10 for Batman AC at JB in order to have Robin.
You see, Robin is a cunt.

The last Spec Ed i bought was Gears 2 and I realised I never watched any of the extras at all.

jambo

Watched the Grand Final again last night, it really was a fantastic match for the first 3 quarters. Best footy this year.

Also the Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here Immersion box set comes out tomorrow =D

RjRLyl.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Bernbaum said:

I assume no-one here can give their take on it. Those at home playing it are probably too involved in the game to be checking on GAF.
They fucked up the aiming. You can't. Aim. Diagonally. I mean, seriously. :(

Choc said:
Tommy
CJ
Guy from gay tony
Doubt it, but there's no reason they couldn't put in some references to those characters, or say the new ones are related.

Honestly, I'd rather a new character as opposed to playing the same ones again.

hamchan

Bernbaum said:

It just feels weird, extremely sluggish. Had to turn the sensitivity way up. Having just replayed UC1 a few weeks ago I think the aiming felt better in that game than UC3.

Bernbaum

Rez said:
hamchan said:
It just feels weird, extremely sluggish. Had to turn the sensitivity way up. Having just replayed UC1 a few weeks ago I think the aiming felt better in that game than UC3.

Aw jeez... :/

The Four Leaf Clover mission was probably the best one from GTA4, so anything that evokes more of that is a win (except maybe the
escape through the subway
) in my eyes.

As much as I loved RDR (never 100%ed any GTA, but did RDR), I don't recall any mission being as stand-out as that one.

Also, more fuel for 24/05* as the release date, RDR was released on the 18th May 2010 which was in the fourth week of May and the 24th May 2012 is also in the fourth week (though the 18th was a Tuesday and 24th a Thursday).

* Except that it doesn't make sense because it's not a date in the US format. Unless because Rockstar are Scottish?

Choc

Banned
yes cod i twas teh best gta mission yet

also

the dissection of the trailer in the trailer thread is amazing, they are finding so much stuff

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:
The Four Leaf Clover mission was probably the best one from GTA4, so anything that evokes more of that is a win (except maybe the
escape through the subway
) in my eyes.

As much as I loved RDR (never 100%ed any GTA, but did RDR), I don't recall any mission being as stand-out as that one.

Also, more fuel for 24/05* as the release date, RDR was released on the 18th May 2010 which was in the fourth week of May.

* Except that it doesn't make sense because it's not a date in the US format.

and the housers are from the UK :p

Choc

Banned
i dunno

i have a feeling V could be a massive culmination of the two generations games before they move onto something big for the new systems

Shaneus

commanderdeek said:
Is that just the movies but in one package? They've been out for a while haven't they?
legend166 said:
How many eps is on that thing?

I didn't particularly love the new episodes, but I'll get this. Mainly for the commentaries.

Also are you sure you don't mean volume 6?

According to Amazon volume 5 has been out for a year.
Never mind, folks. I misread this bit and thought it said the other regions were for 2011 as well, but turns out it's just Region 4. Region 1 was 2010. Whoopsies.

So we're actually getting screwed completely by having the first part delayed by a whole year for BR and the second part has no BR scheduled release at all. Fucking Brilliant.

Edit: On that GTA V theory, they could also all just be characters that appear in the world. I mean, no-one from any of the games had a family/kids like the narrator mentioned.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to tie together all the characters and their stories in GTA5.

I expect the old guy is tommy who bailed out of his life of crime years ago only to have a thirst for it again after moving back to SA and seeing how things were. Something along those lines.

teekun

Rez said:
Whoa, is that whats going on with it? I played a bunch last night and thought it felt a bit off, but I still managed to do pretty well on Hard. Now all I'm not going to be able to ignore it when I play next :(

Deeku

So yeah, after I read Ban's post about HN not ringing him, I jetted over to my HN to see what's up. Turned out they don't have any more SE, but the guy was awesome and gave me the standard edition for $50. I think that's a win!

Oh and there was a guy in front of me at the cashier with UC3 as well. He looked really familiar too, I think he's an editor for an aussie game website. This was at Moore Park Supacenta.

commanderdeek said:
So yeah, after I read Ban's post about HN not ringing him, I jetted over to my HN to see what's up. Turned out they don't have any more SE, but the guy was awesome and gave me the standard edition for $50. I think that's a win!

Oh and there was a guy in front of me at the cashier with UC3 as well. He looked really familiar too, I think he's an editor for an aussie game website. This was at Moore Park Supacenta.

Guess which HN store I was just in :)

A shame I wasn't a bit later, we could have had another awkward AusGAF meetup!

Deeku

BanShunsaku said:
Guess which HN store I was just in :)

A shame I wasn't a bit later, we could have had another awkward AusGAF meetup!
:lol :lol

Took me a while to find the HN too. It used to be next to this dodgey sandwich place and near Toys R Us. Supacenta has gone through some serious refurbishing! No more EB either lol

Choc

Banned
so by waiting for the street date and making sure it made it, you get it for $50

thank you very much ;) you all just proved my points

commanderdeek said:
:lol :lol

Took me a while to find the HN too. It used to be next to this dodgey sandwich place and near Toys R Us. Supacenta has gone through some serious refurbishing! No more EB either lol

I know, right? I haven't been into HN since the refurbishment, I was walking around going up and down escalators for about 10 minutes.

When I took my preorder to the desk the lady was like "so you've paid for this already?" (I hadn't) and there was a split second there when I almost said yes.

I'm a pussy though so I said no :(

Choc said:
so by waiting for the street date and making sure it made it, you get it for $50

thank you very much ;) you all just proved my points

I think all it proves is that Gerry Harvey is scared he's about to go out of business!

Top Bottom