• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

midonnay

hmmm...... where would you buy an umbrella in Melbourne (like a big full size one)?

Coles and Woolworths didn't have any :/

and Target and Myer online stores didn't show any results.....

Shaneus

midonnay said:
hmmm...... where would you buy an umbrella in Melbourne (like a big full size one)?

Coles and Woolworths didn't have any :/

and Target and Myer online stores didn't show any results.....
Plenty of non-franchise mini supermarket (and some IGA ones) would. On my way to a haircut the other week I just popped into one of those in Docklands and scored one easy-peasy.

Might not be the best quality, but they'll get you by.

Fogz

Bernbaum said:
Picked up my copy of Uncharted 3 from HN - yup, the LE had $78 printed right on it, so people worried they weren't going to honour the advertised price can rest easy.

They had 20 pre-orders for the LE, but only 5 copies in stock, of which one had my name printed on a sticker.

Perhaps pre-orders > stock and that's why I got a phone call yesterday and others wouldn't have.

I got a text this morning saying mine is ready to pick up. Still concerned about what my backwater branch is going to pull so I'm going to call them at lunch time and confirm the price. If not Big W is just up the road.

hamchan

Wow, there's actually a big lack of shooting at the start of UC3. It's really starting to get exciting where I am now though. I think a crushing run should be pretty easy compared to UC2 so far.

midonnay

thanks, I'll give them a go....

just that I lost my roommates at the train station(and it was kinda sentimentally special to him, some car brand) so was hoping to get a decent one as a replacement.

Seeing the blimp at the end of the GTAV trailer reminded me of the blimp in Just Cause 2. Somehow I don't think I'll be stealing a jet, jumping out of it and landing on a blimp in GTAV.

But I'm still excited.

So apparently some Harvey Norman stores didn't get enough copies of UC3 SE to meet preorders. As I haven't had a call from them yet, I'm assuming that is the case with mine.

Doesn't really bother me, I'll be picking it up today from somewhere. So pumped.

Fredescu

Ham bags!

ham-bag-thumb.jpg

Kritz

Banned
BanShunsaku said:
Unless you ordered it from EB Games online, in which case there is a good chance you got it yesterday.
Not even if they were the last videogame store on earth would I give EB my money. :D

hirokazu

BanShunsaku said:
So apparently some Harvey Norman stores didn't get enough copies of UC3 SE to meet preorders. As I haven't had a call from them yet, I'm assuming that is the case with mine.

Doesn't really bother me, I'll be picking it up today from somewhere. So pumped.
When did you preorder?

I probably have no chance since I "preordered" at 1am last night. I guess I'll have to head to JB after my exam and hope they price match (and aren't sold out).

Bernbaum

I'm jaded and don't give a fuck about these things because I'm not a fucking naive teenager/grumpy pensioner with a newspaper subscription but you kiddies seem to care, so here we go.

The letter from Alan Joyce sent out to Qantas club members. His bold.

Hello Bernbaum,

Now that Qantas has resumed normal operations I would like to update you on what the recent decision by Fair Work Australia means for you.

I apologise sincerely for any inconvenience that you or your family experienced during the grounding of the Qantas fleet between Saturday evening and Monday afternoon.

The decision to lock out some of our employees was an immensely difficult one and one that I did not want to have to make. But it was a decision that we were driven to by the industrial action of three unions, together representing less than 20 percent of Qantas employees.

As of last Friday, industrial action by those unions had forced the cancellation of hundreds of flights, disrupted 70,000 passengers and cost Qantas $68 million. Two union leaders had warned that industrial action could continue into next year.

This would have had a devastating effect on our customers, on all Qantas employees and on the businesses which depend on Qantas services.

On Saturday, I came to the conclusion that this crisis had to end. I made the decision to proceed with a lock-out, the only form of protected industrial action available to Qantas under the Fair Work Act, so that agreement could be reached quickly.

Unfortunately, it was necessary as a precautionary measure to ground the fleet immediately after the announcement that a lock-out would take place. While I deeply regret the short-term impact of the fleet being grounded, following the Fair Work Australia decision we now have absolute certainty for our customers. No further industrial action can take place. No more aircraft will be grounded and no services cancelled as a result of industrial action.

You can now book Qantas flights with complete confidence. This is an immeasurably better situation than last Friday, when Qantas faced the prospect of ongoing disruptions, perhaps for another 12 months.

We have now moved into 21 days of negotiations with each of the unions with the assistance of Fair Work Australia. All parties will be treated equally in order to reach reasonable agreements. If this cannot happen, binding arbitration will take place to secure an outcome. We will respect whatever decisions are reached.

Regardless of how and when the agreements are reached, the period of uncertainty and instability for Qantas is over. We are moving forward and putting this dispute behind us.

Our focus now is on our customers. We want to restore your faith by returning our on-time performance to its normal high levels, continuing to invest in new aircraft and lounges and ensuring the best possible in-flight experience.

The end of industrial action means we can concentrate on what matters – getting you to your destination on time and in comfort, offering the best network and frequency of any Australian airline and rewarding your loyalty as a Qantas Frequent Flyer.

Thank you for your patience and for your continued support of Qantas.

Alan Joyce
CEO Qantas Airways

hirokazu said:
When did you preorder?

I probably have no chance since I "preordered" at 1am last night. I guess I'll have to head to JB after my exam and hope they price match (and aren't sold out).
I preordered at about 730 yesterday morning.

If its first come first served with limited stock then I guess we're both fucked.

ShyGuy

Hi All!

Just walked out of JB Bourke St with Uncharted 3 Special Edition for $78.

I didn't ask how many they had but they basically offered no resistance to the price-match with Harvey Norman.

Good luck guys! :)

Choc

Banned
the main character looks a lot like tommy

also apparently 2405 pops up heaps in the trailer

24th of May next year is a Thursday hmmm

other speculation is, 2405 days since release of gta 3 or something

maybe its nothing haha :D

Choc said:

Main character?

Omikron

Maybe the year is 2405.

Maybe they are predicting review scores of 24 outta 5.

Maybe there are 2405 people working on the game.

Rahk said:
Yeah, the GTAV trailer looked like it was running on PC. Is this how the trailers have always appeared?
They always dump a lot of post processing on trailers since they want to put their best foot forward. No point showing a lesser image of a game since that image is being used to bring in the benjamins. The next gen (this gen) Madden images were hilarious once it became obvious that the game wouldn't look like that. Also Killzone 2 trailer.

From the trailer it looks like there are three main protagonists (the guys pulling the job mid way through the trailer): a white guy, a latino guy and a black guy.

Having intertwining stories like with GTA4 but in one package makes a lot of sense to me, and given the location, the three races also makes a lot of sense.

codswallop said:
From the trailer it looks like there are three main protagonists (the guys pulling the job mid way through the trailer): a white guy, a latino guy and a black guy.

Having intertwining stories like with GTA4 but in one package makes a lot of sense to me, and given the location, the three races also makes a lot of sense.
After the GTA4 episodes and my love of Pulp Fiction I am on board with this idea. As long as we play as a gay character at some point.

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:

Tommy

CJ

Guy from gay tony

Epic?

hirokazu

ShyGuy said:
Hi All!

Just walked out of JB Bourke St with Uncharted 3 Special Edition for $78.

I didn't ask how many they had but they basically offered no resistance to the price-match with Harvey Norman.

Good luck guys! :)
Thanks, I guess I'll just try JB as a first resort then!

jambo

Choc said:

Would be nice in May, but with Max Payne 3 in March you'd think GTA V would be Q3 or Q4

Reddit EDIT: it is Sam Houser's birthday, May 24th 1972.

Shaneus

Finally, being Australian finally pays off:

CSpnv.png

That's like, a month and a half before the US gets it! Wooo R4!

Still, we get the BR around the same time (just before Christmas, surprise surprise) but this is pretty kickass. Means we get commentary/extras before the rest of the world.

Rezbit

Okay I guess it's up to me to be the negative nancy - that trailer was boring as shit and looks like GTA5 is going to be more of exactly the same. I guess fans are happy with that, but it would have been good to see some risk taken.

ShyGuy

commanderdeek said:
According to whirlpool the SE is a flimsy piece o crap, can anyone here confirm lol?
Yeah it's not fantastic, however the case does "feel leathery" like a proper journal I guess.

I don't mind because I paid basically $3 more than Big W and it's the SE, Big W is selling the Std Ed for ~$75

It does come with the "hard" plastic cover so the flimsiness is somewhat protected.

Can't wait till I get home tonight!

Bernbaum

commanderdeek said:
According to whirlpool the SE is a flimsy piece o crap, can anyone here confirm lol?
Yeah, it's a bit flimsy.

Here's my copy, with some Eocene Knightia sp. and Mioplosus sp. fish fossils for scale:

IMG_0892-1.jpg

IMG_0893-1.jpg

IMG_0894-1.jpg

Yagharek

commanderdeek said:

What does the CE have? I assume its still the same game regardless. Or can you play as catwoman?

Deeku

Shaneus said:
Finally, being Australian finally pays off:

CSpnv.png

That's like, a month and a half before the US gets it! Wooo R4!

Still, we get the BR around the same time (just before Christmas, surprise surprise) but this is pretty kickass. Means we get commentary/extras before the rest of the world.
Is that just the movies but in one package? They've been out for a while haven't they?

RandomVince said:
What does the CE have? I assume its still the same game regardless. Or can you play as catwoman?
You get fish fossils!

Bernbaum said:
Blonde engineer at work: Come have fancy asian dinner tonight!
Bernbaum: LOL bitch Uncharted 3!
Dude. Asian Food while doing dirty things with the blonde WHILE watching Nathan Drakes sweet ass jump off shit and blow shit up and shoot shit. Possibly living the dream.

Bernbaum said:
Yeah, it's a bit flimsy.

Here's my copy, with some Eocene Knightia sp. and Mioplosus sp. fish fossils for scale:
Horrible use of scale. I demand petrified wood or greater. None of this fish food crap.

Top Bottom