• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Gazunta

Shan no idea, not going this time. I assume there'll be cool indie comics to pick up - Paul masons The Soldier Legacy is great.

Jintor

RandomVince said:
Not only that, I'd say a 10 for GTA V is pretty much already agreed upon.

Scores at the higher tiers are meaningless because at that point 'better game' simply fragments into opinion

Yagharek

Jintor said:
Scores at the higher tiers are meaningless because at that point 'better game' simply fragments into opinion

Especially at outlets that only use the 7-10 scale. With 6 reserved for non-moneyhatting competitors products.

RandomVince said:
It's at the point though where no-one trusts IGN. That's why its plausible. It's the same as seeing another policeman caught drunk driving, a priest found out abusing kids, a family values preaching politician caught in a gay sex scandal or a footballer charged with assault. No-one doubts it or is surprised because it's the reputation theyve earnt.

The reputation itself is more damning than these allegations.
And this is why trolls have such great success; everyone just says "Oh, IGN, you little scamp..." where they should, much as in any case where allegations like this are brought up be demanding for proof. How much of this reputation is built upon facts and how much is based up the unproven claims of anonymous posters?

RandomVince said:
And as far as "IGN bashing" goes- they deserve it for the relentless output of shit they spew. Murdoch would be proud of them.
How much of this shit is baseless and how much is proven. I know the review they did for the new PixelJunk game was proven and they deserved everything they got for this. This? So far it's baseless and due to the lack of tangible evidence smells like someone stirring up the internets. Once again, I'm not defending IGN. I'm just demanding that people be accountable for backing up their words.

RandomVince said:
Maybe its how I'm reading your post, but it also seems to me you have accidentally mounted a higher horse than intended.
No horse. Want proof. No proof? File under "Internet Hornet Nest Poking".

If taking this stance means I'm on a high horse then so be it. Everyone should damn well join me up here, then.

IGN have written drek for years. Sometimes they cross the already fucked up line. Most of what they do is unethical in my mind, inflating the image of a product in a consumers mind rather than meeting the consumers expectations. Also that Pixeljunk review was indeed fucked. This 4chan rumour seems stupid and I doubt it is true.

Jintor said:
Hmmm... what do you think guys, pick up Tropico 4 now for $26 or wait for the holiday sales and take my chances? I won't have time to play shit until the 15th and even then it'll be Dark Souls/Skyward Sword/Skyrim/Saint's Row 3/Battlefield 3 (maybe)/Arkham City (again) all up in this joint.
Do you have Tropico 3? Are you chomping at the bit for more? Judging by the way you say you wouldn't play it until after the 15th+ I would recommend passing. If you get the itch in the future it will be at a low price by that point too.

legend166 said:
The Housers are probably threatening non GTA V access if someone gives SR3 a good score.
I don't think they would bother. GTA5 will sell gangbusters regardless. SR3 would be coming out at least a year before GTA5 so there is no point throwing shit at it. If anything they could use the good SR3 PR against them in previews by getting journalists who gave SR3 a 9 or 10 to say that even the preview of GTA is way better than SR, therefore making people think GTA5 is a 12+/10.

Jintor

I always am in the mood for more Tropico, but I guess the various Kairosoft storygames should scratch that management itch for a while.

Tell me about this Pixeljunk review. I already heard about their Sequence one.

legend166

reptilescorpio said:
IGN have written drek for years. Sometimes they cross the already fucked up line. Most of what they do is unethical in my mind, inflating the image of a product in a consumers mind rather than meeting the consumers expectations. Also that Pixeljunk review was indeed fucked. This 4chan rumour seems stupid and I doubt it is true.

Do you have Tropico 3? Are you chomping at the bit for more? Judging by the way you say you wouldn't play it until after the 15th+ I would recommend passing. If you get the itch in the future it will be at a low price by that point too.

I don't think they would bother. GTA5 will sell gangbusters regardless. SR3 would be coming out at least a year before GTA5 so there is no point throwing shit at it. If anything they could use the good SR3 PR against them in previews by getting journalists who gave SR3 a 9 or 10 to say that even the preview of GTA is way better than SR, therefore making people think GTA5 is a 12+/10.

GTA V could sell 20 million and the Housers would kill their own Grandmother to get it to 21 million.

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:
The Housers are probably threatening non GTA V access if someone gives SR3 a good score.

although possibly true it would make no sense

SR3 is NOT in competition with V because of the release dates?

Yagharek

ozgameshop question - did anyone order mortal kombat through them and do they ship from outside Australia? ie is customs going to be a potential problem?

RandomVince said:
ozgameshop question - did anyone order mortal kombat through them and do they ship from outside Australia? ie is customs going to be a potential problem?
I remember quite a few people on here ordering it around release from OGS and Zavvi and PlayAsia. Don't recall anyone getting a letter poo pooing them. It will ship from the UK but the packaging always just says DVD or Electronic item. Doubt they would bother checking at this point as there is no high profile case at the moment.

Shaneus said:
So, it looks like open world is back in fashion again. Crackdown 3 next year mebbe?
Eh. EH. APB was shit. Crackdown 2 was enjoyable enough. Just give Ruffian the shot at Crackdown 3. Why have Open World drive another project into the ground, it would be like giving McNamara another shot.

Wait. I think I just made shit up in my head. I was thinking Realtime Worlds.

Gazunta

Pretty much :)

God I love Crackdown. At this stage I'd be incredibly surprised if Ruffian WEREN'T making a third one.

But, you know, Microsoft.

Jintor said:
I always am in the mood for more Tropico, but I guess the various Kairosoft storygames should scratch that management itch for a while.

Tell me about this Pixeljunk review. I already heard about their Sequence one.
The reviewer at IGN, whilst reviewing PixelJunk SideScroller, criticised the game's lacklustre ending.

Staff at PixelJunk Tweeted back saying that the reviewer could only have received that ending if he was playing on the 'Easy' difficulty setting. The review said "oh shit" and edited his review, removing the part criticising the ending.

PixelJunk called him out, he denied everything, internet responded like ants whose nest has been disturbed.

GafThread -> Clicky Here

Currently playing Uncharted 3. Thinking about switching back and finishing Batman. Oh my.

Fogz

RandomVince said:

Yep, I ordered it from them and I got it no worries

Finished Uncharted 3.

WHERE THE FUCK IS UNCHARTED 4 I NEED IT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Gazunta said:

God I love Crackdown. At this stage I'd be incredibly surprised if Ruffian WEREN'T making a third one.

Knowing Microsoft I would expect Ruffian to be working hard on Kinectimals Season 2.

Omikron

What an amazing half of football so far between MVFC and Roar.... Covic sent off in the first minute and Brisbane score the resulting penalty. Victory then score 2 to go ahead, Thompson with the brace, the 2nd from a great through ball from Kewell. Broich then scores a free kick under the wall for Roar, 2-2. And now Foschini is sent off for Victory for what was really only a yellow card tackle.

Amazing stuff. More people really need to watch the A-League.

Salazar

Omi said:
What an amazing half of football so far between MVFC and Roar...

lol at Covic saying the player didn't have control of the ball. Because he'd pushed it past you, you nurk.

Thompson's first goal was very nice.

Omikron

Salazar said:
lol at Covic saying the player didn't have control of the ball. Because he'd pushed it past you, you nurk.

Thompson's first goal was very nice.

Yeah, that was a stone wall red card lol.

Kerrby

Banned
302251_134536426648888_134331790002685_106834_1295802845_n.jpg

Salazar

I am writing to advise what actions the University has taken in relation to an irregularity in the admission process of a UQ student.

The matter was brought to my attention in September 2011 and I immediately initiated an independent external investigation by a Senior Counsel.

The investigation confirmed an irregularity had occurred in the admission process for a student, but there was no finding of misconduct with respect to any individual. Further, the investigation found no suggestions of wrong-doing on the part of the student, whose identity is protected under privacy provisions.

Professor Greenfield, as Vice-Chancellor, and Professor Keniger, as Acting Vice-Chancellor at the time, each accepted, by virtue of their positions, that they had ultimate responsibility and accountability for the irregularity and each offered his resignation.

Get fucked, you slimy motherfuckers. Fuck anything you say about academic integrity. If someone lower down the food chain pulled this shit, they would be kicked to pieces.

Shaneus

RandomVince said:
If you want a copy, I'd gladly sell you mine. Online code is unused (to be honest, I haven't even looked at any of the manuals.. I assume it's there) and it's PS3 UK copy, so PSN store stuff is good to go.

Gazunta said:

I'm thinking that if they can't get anything exclusive with V, they may well try to bring out something to go along side it, or act as an intermediary (is that the word I'm looking for?) for people to play until V comes out.

Yagharek

Shaneus said:
If you want a copy, I'd gladly sell you mine. Online code is unused (to be honest, I haven't even looked at any of the manuals.. I assume it's there) and it's PS3 UK copy, so PSN store stuff is good to go.

That'd be great. :)

What price is good for you, or would you prefer a trade?

Also, on Uncharted 3. Finally got a gun. Tested out the aiming - GAF was right, it is weird. Then my first 3 gunfights came up. 4 of my first 5 shots were headshots. I'll cope.

Yoshiya

Salazar said:
Get fucked, you slimy motherfuckers. Fuck anything you say about academic integrity. If someone lower down the food chain pulled this shit, they would be kicked to pieces.
Can you elaborate at all? This sounds interesting, but the only news reports I can find are very vague.

Kerrby

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
wtf? Where is this from?

Hamster Wheel doing a skit on ABCs show The Slap.

ClivePwned said:
That pic is from a Chaser parody of The Slap.

This (but Hamster Wheel).

shanshan310 said:

This (but Hamster Wheel).

roosters93 said:
Guys it's from The Hamster Wheel.

This (seriously, it's from the Hamster Wheel).

reptilescorpio said:
I think it is something to do with a hamster. Maybe dancing.

Close enough old man, it's from The Hamster Wheel.

Top Bottom