• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Shaneus

EatChildren said:
Thanks guys.
Nice knowin' ya.

reptilescorpio said:
Kele may be out of the Bloc Party but man, the new EP is fantastic. Bloc Party haven't been any good since Silent Alarm anyway.
Are you talking about electronica-Kele? I agree, impressive. I haven't heard his album, but I was REALLY impressed with Everything You Wanted and Tenderoni.

hamchan said:
Sydney trains got even shittier than normal today.

Saw this on facebook:

392878_2602939441465_1494228144_32871011_1272558728_n.jpg

edit: just went on the site, still the same.

Shaneus said:
Are you talking about electronica-Kele? I agree, impressive. I haven't heard his album, but I was REALLY impressed with Everything You Wanted and Tenderoni.
What Do I Do is fantastic. Been hearing it on Triple J non-stop which is great.

OneMoreQuestion said:
Anyone else seen this? Infamous 2 Hero edition for $99!

http://www.game.com.au/infamous-2-hero-edition/playstation-3/INF2HEPS3

I already have a copy of I2, but I just ordered the Hero edition. Will trade my current copy off at JB for MW3, win!
Would love that figure but still, $100 is a bit much. If I hadn't already bought the game or had a JB nearby I may think different though.

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
The ~15 year resource development plans I'm associated with remain unhindered and we're gearing up to expand our team. We're also looking pretty good to have a bunch of expansion projects to get signed off in the next 12 months too.

Growth for the fossil fuels industry will continue as normal, just with a slightly bigger slice going to the government.

Interpret this indelible fact in whatever fashion you wish.

I thought a 5% reduction in emissions was going to cave in the economy and threaten every mining/oil/gas job in the country. You better not let the Australian Trade and Industry Alliance et al. know you're spouting a leftist agenda on the internet or you might wake up with a dugong head in your bed.

Also your Mum is set for a bunch of expansion projects from a slightly bigger slice.

Also also:

AustraliaToday5.jpg

Gazunta

Man I wish I knew how to / had the patience to make animated gifs.

Star Wars Death Star trench run. Luke telling everyone to not break street date. Porkins can't shake wanting to break. Tie fighters egging him on. Eventually he breaks street date and crashes his ship into the death star.

It's hilarious in my head.

Can't believe it's only Tuesday. This is gonna be the longest week ever.

Yagharek

VOOK said:
What's their shipping like?

Generally I get games in 2 weeks on average. Some occasions it has been ~7 days, others up to 21. Never had anything go missing (hi zavvi) or any problems with their customer service (hi zavvi) or take six weeks to get here (hi zavvi).

Yagharek

hamchan said:
Apple owns the music note now as well.

All round-ish fruit have been banned too for copyright infringement I hear.

Choc said:
no but its bloody close to the same blue lol

This just in - the colour blue and all applicable hues have been banned to. Someone is figuring out a way to limit the Sun's output at that end of the spectrum.

edit: but more seriously, and to shut down choc's argument, that music note samsung has made also clearly has an infinity symbol intertwined with it. Vastly different to what an apple sycophant would tell you.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
RandomVince said:
Generally I get games in 2 weeks on average. Some occasions it has been ~7 days, others up to 21. Never had anything go missing (hi zavvi) or any problems with their customer service (hi zavvi) or take six weeks to get here (hi zavvi).

Any options for speedy?

Omikron

I think I was sitting opposite cookie's train girl today. Cute, reading storm of swords and with a yoshi plush on her key ring.

Fusebox

Banned
hamchan said:
Sydney trains got even shittier than normal today.
I left work at 6 and got home at 9! Stuck between stations for so long, lucky I had a load of comics and games on the iPad, stopped me from raging,

Jintor

I searched every store in Mac Centre for cheap DS Lites, gave up, decided on a whim to check Hornsby Target, boom. Cheap-ass DS Lites. I should have bought three.

(Too bad! I bought one!)

I ALSO FOUND RHYTHM HEAVEN FOR $9

I also had to go out and pick up my dad from the station. Parking is a huge clusterfuck. I should have just skulked in the disabled spots.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Omi said:
I think I was sitting opposite cookie's train girl today. Cute, reading storm of swords and with a yoshi plush on her key ring.

I do not know this girl but it's certainly interesting.

Kritz

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
Ask her if she likes Cookies and found Portal 2 to be a disappointment.

If either of these are true, I am currently running a private disposal business.

Keep me posted - got a quota to meet.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
What Do I Do is fantastic. Been hearing it on Triple J non-stop which is great.
Very impressed. Is that from his debut solo album or is it a brand spanker? Has a very Depeche Mode vibe to it... if that makes sense. Perhaps in tone, I guess.

PS. It's fucking ridiculous just how Ripped Kele got. He used to be a skinny emo nerd, ffs. And holy fuck, he shaved his head? I liked his dreads :(

Jintor

Got the last copy sucka

I can't believe Professor Layton is still seventy bucks on all shop shelves I've seen. Even the first game!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jintor said:
Got the last copy sucka

I can't believe Professor Layton is still seventy bucks on all shop shelves I've seen. Even the first game!

Published by Nintendo, $69 until it's discontinued.

Choc

Banned
first 3 missions of MW3 give DICE a masterclass in how to make an exciting, compelling, interesting to play batshit insane action game

not boring arse run A to B shoot things, win.

hamchan

Choc said:
first 3 missions of MW3 give DICE a masterclass in how to make an exciting, compelling, interesting to play batshit insane action game

not boring arse run A to B shoot things, win.
Yep. BF3's campaign is damn boring compared to this. If one has to make a short, linear campaign then at least make sure it's action packed.

Salazar

Dead Man said:
+/- 10% rule, 4500 is victory man.

If only. This ain't for marks any more. I have to thrust this stuff at journals and softly imply the availability of my tender body in exchange for acceptance.

Dead Man

Salazar said:
If only. This ain't for marks any more. I have to thrust this stuff at journals and softly imply the availability of my tender body in exchange for acceptance.
4500 plus your tender lips on their nether regions, then. Seems a fair trade.

Salazar

Ydahs said:
The worst lecturers are the ones who do not respond to emails. DO YOUR JOB YOU PRICK.

I remember a year when almost everyone in my undergrad course was, in essence, ready to storm our lecturer's house because he was so unresponsive and blithe. Some folks sent him abusive emails. A bunch complained to faculty heads and the union.

Turned out he was in the final stages of cancer and was trying to finish off a last semester, because he felt like he should. He died a couple of months after. That probably counts as one of the most wrenchingly melancholy things I've experienced, because I spent quite a bit of time with him that semester and I had no idea. I was frustrated too.

But yes, there are folks who are just lazy about it.

Salazar

A man has launched legal action against a Gold Coast theme park and the Queensland government, claiming he was injured as a result of negligence by both parties on the same day.

Geoffrey Lawrence Kelly, 34, has filed an affidavit in the Brisbane Supreme Court detailing the unusual circumstances in which he was injured at Dreamworld on October 30, 2008.
The electrician has claimed he was first injured while he was on the Flowrider ride about noon after the supervisor of the ride "encouraged" him to perform a "barrel roll". The theme park attraction requires riders to stand or lay on a bodyboard to surf artificial waves.

"The supervisor was encouraging all the riders to get on the bodyboards in various and complicated ways," the affidavit states. With the supervisor's encouragement, Mr Kelly did a barrel roll from a standing position onto the body board. But, on doing so, he landed awkwardly on the board and his arm went through the water and hit a hard structure, injuring his left shoulder.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/tra...er-injuries-20111107-1n3oh.html#ixzz1d9ZMi4Jg

lol

Ydahs

Salazar said:
I remember a year when almost everyone in my undergrad course was, in essence, ready to storm our lecturer's house because he was so unresponsive and blithe. Some folks sent him abusive emails. A bunch complained to faculty heads and the union.

Turned out he was in the final stages of cancer and was trying to finish off a last semester, because he felt like he should. He died a couple of months after. That probably counts as one of the most wrenchingly melancholy things I've experienced, because I spent quite a bit of time with him that semester and I had no idea. I was frustrated too.

:(

I will never mock a lecturer again

What a fuckhead (in reference to the lawsuit)

In other news, got off the train this arvo to see 3 security guards, with one massive "attack dog" at the station. You know its a bad station when you need security and its not even dark yet.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Salazar said:

Ah man.

Deeku

I've had some really cool lecturers that reply quickly after hours and on weekends. But I've also had lecturers that only read emails during their weekly 1 hour consultation times, no guarantee of reply. These are generally the older folk.

Rahk

I want to get Tribes Ascend, but I'm too busy with BF3 and other games.

I'm sure I'll get it this weekend anyway...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I had a lecturer ignore emails for 2 - 3 months, only to finally mass mail his students a week before the final exam to state that he leaving to give forensic evidence, that the final project (50% of marks, that we hadn't even got) was cancelled, and that 100% of the course grade would be on an exam, an exam composed of topics we'd only touched on.

Then I left uni forever.

Jintor

3chopl0x said:
I see you caved on Skyrim Jintor

Gonna be playing at midnight?

How can? Can't preload.

I'm seriously considering dropping the $30 on tribes. They've figured out how to monetise the beta (well, to get advance sales off the beta giving more beta access I guess). Amazing.

Top Bottom