• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Shaneus said:
New account, for some reason the option for Paypal has been halted.

PS. That Entourage episode? Fucking frustrating.
Hmm. So is the Visa Debit exchange rate that bad? Current Paypal rate is 1 Australian Dollar = 1.01849 US Dollars

3chopl0x said:
Well he should have said that instead of implying Mario is for 6 year olds.

That wasn't implied. Like I said, I can still play the original Mario anytime, hell I even have it on my phone. I just don't care for the Mario shovelware that Nintendo shits out every year on each of their platforms.

Cohsae

DeathJr said:
That wasn't implied. Like I said, I can still play the original Mario anytime, hell I even have it on my phone. I just don't care for the Mario shovelware that Nintendo shits out every year on each of their platforms.
If you tell me that your definition of shovelware includes Super Mario Galaxy, then man, I just don't even know wtf.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
DeathJr said:

Interesting, how does one get Mario on their phone legally? I would like to do this.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Hmm. So is the Visa Debit exchange rate that bad? Current Paypal rate is 1 Australian Dollar = 1.01849 US Dollars
It's the fee that's on top of the exchange rate, which is 3%. It's not a lot, but it pushes the game to about $45. If I don't hear from them tonight, I'm just going to grab a key.

legend166

DeathJr said:
Got android?

Were you the guy who admitted to pirating the Lord of the Rings blu-rays and then had a go at me when I told you to edit it out?

And now you're doing it again?

Or was that someone else?

Echoplx

Shaneus said:
It's the fee that's on top of the exchange rate, which is 3%. It's not a lot, but it pushes the game to about $45. If I don't hear from them tonight, I'm just going to grab a key.

Be careful with getting a key though, HR is region locked so you may need a Russian VPN.

Shaneus

3chopl0x said:
Be careful with getting a key though, HR is region locked so you may need a Russian VPN.
Nar, snot. The site says it's a region free key (and with other products, they normally say if it needs VPN or not).

legend166 said:
Were you the guy who admitted to pirating the Lord of the Rings blu-rays and then had a go at me when I told you to edit it out?

And now you're doing it again?

Or was that someone else?

It was on the Android market (taken down now). You can still google it.

markot

Banned
Mario Shovelware?

Like what? Sure some of the sports games, and the party series used to be. But over wise we get like 2 real marios a generaion on a platform at most....

DeathJr said:
I just don't care for the Mario shovelware that Nintendo shits out every year on each of their platforms.

Interesting world where releasing 13 games in 25 years is "every year" (because I'm talking purely about Mario platformers, not any of the spinoff stuff (which, by the way, is also generally once a generation outside of the big dump of Mario Party games on the N64 and GCN)), and being consistently amongst the best rated games is shovelware.

I mean, if you don't like platformers or whatever then that's okay, just say so. But herping about "OH NO THEY JUST KEEP MAKING TOO MANY OF THESE GREAT GAMES" is kind of a silly line of reasoning for disliking something.

Box of Bunnies said:
I mean, if you don't like platformers or whatever then that's okay, just say so. But herping about "OH NO THEY JUST KEEP MAKING TOO MANY OF THESE GREAT GAMES" is kind of a silly line of reasoning for disliking something.

Used to like them. I still enjoy the independent games like Braid, Limbo etc.

Yoshiya

DeathJr said:
Nope, everything was on the market. Prince of Persia, Mario, Donkey Kong, Batman, etc.
Haha.

Well, just because it was on the market doesn't make it legitimate (in the case of Mario and DK). Quite clearly Nintendo does not publish any games on Android, so the distribution of those games is certainly illegal. The Android market needs better oversight, but I'm still not sure how far something like that is from piracy.

Fredescu said:
I'm only disagreeing with you here on scale ("first few times" = more like 6-18 months worth, regardless of your response), not on method.
Fair enough.

Omi said:
Those without children should wait and be careful about judging how those with children act/parent. Or beware the 'I told you so's'. Just a tip.
I'm not sure if this is directed at me...

HolyCheck said:
http://penta.com.au/index.php?main_...s_id=58801&utm_source=getprice&utm_medium=cpc

psp for $187, anyone heard of this site before? is it reliable..
That's a fairly standard price. I think even EB has them for that much.

EatChildren said:
But in my defense the 3DS does enough paper weighting already.
Agreed. I doubt most people's wouldn't if it weren't for those lovely vanilla DS carts...

Jintor said:
If you can, get the ad-supported 3G model, it's brilliant. The kindle deals on it particularly are supposed to be great, though I don't have one :<
To my knowledge they're not available to ship here. Not sure what happens if you use a shipping proxy service.

Fredescu said:
$150 isn't a super huge investment. You can strip the DRM pretty easily I believe, if you want to switch down the line.
Very easily. Calibre will do it without blinking.

Shaneus said:
Anyway, y'all beware of adidasshoes.me.uk. I know, I should've seen it coming. Lucky I'm only out around $70 or so.
Sorry to hear that, Shaneus. I'm usually sus on any website that follows the productnameortype.com/uk/etc. Y'know, like appleipod.yo.uk. You didn't happen to pay by paypal? Could you contact them? If that doesn't work dispute the credit card charge.

Salazar

Holy shit at the difference between Richard Pratt's wife and his mistress.

eETbf.jpg

Fp3A7.jpg

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Some good news, I knocked 4 minutes off my usual bike ride.

Bad news, no Zelda concert for Australia confirmed.

I see double!
auYk7.png

I wonder how many times I mistook them for you Jintor.

Shaneus said:
Huh, I had no idea about this fee. Usually prices come out to about the same whether I use my debit card or Paypal. Maybe I just never noticed or I don't get charged one with NAB?

Also Salazar where the hell do I get a mistress like THAT from?

Yoshiya

DeathJr said:
Yep, like I said they were removed from the market, just like the various 'adult' apps floating around.
Well, recommending Android warez combined with legend's piracy accusation makes for pretty shaky ground for a junior member, though that's obviously for someone else to decide. Might want to edit some of that out.

Shaneus

Planet_JASE said:
Sorry to hear that, Shaneus. I'm usually sus on any website that follows the productnameortype.com/uk/etc. Y'know, like appleipod.yo.uk. You didn't happen to pay by paypal? Could you contact them? If that doesn't work dispute the credit card charge.
Yeah, first time I've been stung and definitely the last. The moment there was a checkout and there was zero confirmation I should've twigged. Checking now, the fact that their contact email address is @gmail.com, definitely shoddy.

And it was direct credit card, too :(

Thankfully, no other credit card charges other than the $82 it was for the transaction itself. Will be keeping an eye on it, though.

Also fuck you to Blackboard/Vista for making me sign into my uni account using IE because the moronic IT guys can't get it to run properly on Chrome. I just want to upload my damn assignment. Simple stuff guys!

Deeku

It's not really that surprising is it?

I mean, I really can't imagine it attracting a large audience. As a comparison, the Night in Fantasia stuff made more sense because it catered to FF fans (which is substantially larger than the Zelda fanbase, or not, just a guess) and anime fans in general so it's worth doing the production.

Jintor

commanderdeek said:
It's not really that surprising is it?

I mean, I really can't imagine it attracting a large audience. As a comparison, the Night in Fantasia stuff made more sense because it catered to FF fans (which is substantially larger than the Zelda fanbase, or not, just a guess) and anime fans in general so it's worth doing the production.

We're a goddamn continent! What's the point of being a continent if you can't get Zelda concerts once in a while? :T

Oh shit, 4 Corners is on the soccer World Cup bid. This should be good.

Actually on that, it shits me when people get all pissed that 'Qatar bought our Cup', nope. We weren't even close. Not second. Not third. Not even effing close

jambo

DeathJr said:

Super Mario Galaxy is shovelware?

MEET ME SOMEWHERE

Oh dear. It appears as if some customers of EA’s latest annual hitting a ball with a stick simulator aren’t too pleased. The Tiger Woods series has been absent from the PC all the way since Tiger Woods 2008, but this year marked its return to the almighty desktop. Sadly, it seems that instead of being a port of the high-end console version, like what EA used to do, it is based on the free-to-play, Unity-based, Tiger Woods Online.

Some customers were confused by this, and had expected the PC version to include all of the features from the Xbox 360 or PS3 version (and their confusion wasn’t helped by this page on EA.com implying the PC version might be the same as the console version).
WTF EA? How the hell is this treating PC gamers like anything less than a bunch of chumps?
sad-kitty1.jpg

RPS has the story.

They also have a link to a much more heartwarming story about the fantastic Discworld Noir which I really do regret trading in towards some PS2 games back in the day.

Gazunta

Damn it spent an hour drawing a Presidog comic that made me laugh but was way too offensive to run, at least this week.

BACK TO THE DRAWIN' BOARD Y'ALL

This is the only GAF thread I have time to keep up with any more.

Top Bottom